• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Ranger X

Ballistics said:
Am I losing the plot or does that not work as a sentence? :D

lol, "What IS the bug about the local space function that you said would need to be fixed?"

(typing fast and not re-reading :p )

Slermy

The Lamp said:
Nah, I got my money's worth and got the DLC early, too. $20 was more than worth it for all the stuff I got.

I agree, I'm not pissed. The early DLC was nice, and I actually like the "game ends" and the plush sack boy is kinda cool. I might double dip and pick up that Tron pack depending on the other items in it.

just a demo level but would love some feed back

80a52bd9b264c3d2bde43af069158348565406c8.png

Sky Town: Darkend Skies (DEMO)
by jump_button

http://lbp.me/v/y32eg2

Ranger X said:
lol, "What IS the bug about the local space function that you said would need to be fixed?"

(typing fast and not re-reading :p )

Do you know what, I never knew there was a glitch, but robbit10 tells me that in the Beta it worked perfectly and didn't flip the screen upside down. So when they fix it, instead of having 16 cameras wired to gyros (that really isn't any fun to play with and doesn't really work), you have one camera just spinning around, which really would be fun to play with and really does work.

The only problem with this 3D, is the "slight" lag and anyone trying to make a FPS, because if you hadn't noticed by now, you don't have much control over aim, with up and down being in layers and you'd have to animate the cursor.

Speevy

Banned
I just had the weirdest experience.

I played this guy's 3D level and gave it a "boo" rating because the camera kept getting in my face, and I've played this type of level before.

He turns around and sends me an invite, then proceeds to go into detail why his level shouldn't have any negative reviews, and how he hopes to turn my opinion around.

Annoyed, I indulge him and try the level again. He says I'm playing it all wrong, and does the same thing I did, fighting with the camera with all this craze crap like crystals and flowers popping into his face.

I told him why I rated the level the way I did, and he won't take no for an answer. Says he's "protecting his level".

Guy's name is RockyMTNkush

Don't give this guy's level a bad review. He'll hunt you down.

The Lamp

Speevy said:
I just had the weirdest experience.

I played this guy's 3D level and gave it a "boo" rating because the camera kept getting in my face, and I've played this type of level before.

He turns around and sends me an invite, then proceeds to go into detail why his level shouldn't have any negative reviews, and how he hopes to turn my opinion around.

Annoyed, I indulge him and try the level again. He says I'm playing it all wrong, and does the same thing I did, fighting with the camera with all this craze crap like crystals and flowers popping into his face.

I told him why I rated the level the way I did, and he won't take no for an answer. Says he's "protecting his level".

Guy's name is RockyMTNkush

Don't give this guy's level a bad review. He'll hunt you down.

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I'm awfully tempted now lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Heads Up

If you have a 7-11 by you, they added the Collector's Edition stuff into slurpee reward points

2a9y3oj.jpg

So 20 points per gets you the goodies, if you didn't buy or couldn't get

1 Small ($0.79) = 1 points
1 Medium ($0.99) = 2 points
1 Large ($1.29) = 3 points
1 XL cup ($1.79) = 4 points <== Best Option, 5 cups nets you item.
1 Promo (those 3D, looking cups $2.99) = 5 points

Also, you can only put 5 codes per day, so no staying @ 7-11 and keep adding through your phone

slurpee.com

NA only

nib95

Banned
Finally completed the campaign earlier today with a friend. What a magnificent game. I do wish it was longer and more content heavy, but I guess that's what online is for. Still, even then, so far it has easily propelled itself to my GOTY. It's gameplay magic, and what fun is all about. The amount of excitement, thrill, laughs and imagination this game conjures up is unreal. And the sound track...just sublime.

Spent so much time just doing up my character. This time more with custom stickers than I did in the first. But I love all the new gameplay additions, from weapons, vehicles, mechanics and animals. Some that are just downright hilarious! That one ice world level where you go from bunny, to rat to dog, I think me and my 2 other friends were in hysterics and tears the entire level. We could barely play we were laughing so much. The dog especially, just looks mental! LOL.

Ranger X

Ballistics said:
Do you know what, I never knew there was a glitch, but robbit10 tells me that in the Beta it worked perfectly and didn't flip the screen upside down. So when they fix it, instead of having 16 cameras wired to gyros (that really isn't any fun to play with and doesn't really work), you have one camera just spinning around, which really would be fun to play with and really does work.

The only problem with this 3D, is the "slight" lag and anyone trying to make a FPS, because if you hadn't noticed by now, you don't have much control over aim, with up and down being in layers and you'd have to animate the cursor.

gotcha but people could at least mess up with FPS on a "wolfenstein 3D" level.

;)

I bought the Sly and Bentley costume pack when it released, and I must say that the Sly costume is my favorite costume ever. Oh, and I played that one level called Frozen Flame that MM picked quite recently, and I was simply amazed. The levels that people are churning out in this game have me very impressed. I know I surely can't wait for MM to put out some DLC levels. I loved them in LBP. :)

Ranger X said:
Tell me about a thread that died...

Is LBP2 wearing out alot faster for people that LBP1 did?

Not for me, I play LBP2 practically every weekend. Definitely more than LBP1 which I played every month or so.

I'm new to gaf, so was the LBP1 thread as inactive as this? If not, thats pretty ridiculous considering how much of an improvement LBP2 is. Maybe everyone moved to LBPcentral or other fan sites? lol

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Ranger X said:
Tell me about a thread that died...

Is LBP2 wearing out alot faster for people that LBP1 did?

My gf is mad I don't have any levels that she can playtest for me, and she's been complaining for about a month. I'd love to find some time to sit down but between Motorstorm and Minecraft and all the various other games I've been putting off there's not enough time. I'm just waiting for a chance to get back really.

Speevy

Banned
LittleBigPlanet 2 in itself provides a pretty good outlet for discussing the best levels.

As long as you're playing, you're part of the community.

Ranger X

kinoki said:
My gf is mad I don't have any levels that she can playtest for me, and she's been complaining for about a month. I'd love to find some time to sit down but between Motorstorm and Minecraft and all the various other games I've been putting off there's not enough time. I'm just waiting for a chance to get back really.

hahaha, I've got the Minecraft fever. It's been 3 weeks already that I bought that game and I still didn't played anything else since...
I am also waiting for Apocalypse to come out this week here in Canada.

Remf

I really hope people are still playing this ( I still play this every day)....

Copied from the community thread. Check them out, some of the best I've seen/heard:

If you are a Nine inch Nails fan or just a fan of music then I strongly suggest you check out his music videos. Just a heads up, I only linked the hub, but you can go to each song from the menu. Excellent work!!

Songs:
NIN - Zero Sum
NIN - Right Where it Belongs
NIN - Closer
NIN - The Fragile
NIN - Something I can never have
NIN - March of the Pigs
NIN - Only
NIN - Hurt

http://if.lbp.me/img/bl/28f8a51102aae9e52ac95721647916966773cf1f.png
http://lbp.me/v/ypeb4k

I've been busy working on my LBP educational modules lately on top of other other stuff, so haven't felt the need to discuss that much, lol. I do have some neat concepts I messed around with so maybe I'll post them sometime soon.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Ranger X said:
hahaha, I've got the Minecraft fever. It's been 3 weeks already that I bought that game and I still didn't played anything else since...
I am also waiting for Apocalypse to come out this week here in Canada.

(Motorstorm is awesome. So is Minecraft, just started so I've been building a beach house and a tower where I can hide from monsters until I start building some nice weapons.)

What I want to know about Little Big Planet 2 is where the DLC is? If there's anything that makes me very happy to put a game back in the drive it's DLC.

I've promised the girlfriend that I'm going to build another level starting next week so we'll see where I'm heading with that. I had 5 different concepts I worked on before that never really stuck as levels (they worked better as ideas or didn't work too well in the LittleBig framework after my own playtesting).

The ideas I've scraped are:
  • Tropical Zombie Island Shooter - Which actually was supposed to be the title of the level. Didn't work out because of monster design. Made some great zombie scripts but it failed as weapons/enemy design was so inconsistant.
  • The 3rd Cardboard Creator level (working name: The Revenge of the Cardboard Creator) - Let's just say my work with logics and developing a clever and original bossfight took it's hits and bumps.
  • Ace Bravo: Avalon's Pride - A tank based level taking place in a sci-fi setting that failed simply because the tank got to complex and every time I tried to simplify things it started to fall apart very fast.

Well, those are the ones that we're atleast fully developed concepts that made it through pre-production and actually out on the canvas. What I'll start creating next week will be something entirely different--hopefully.

Ranger X

kinoki said:
(Motorstorm is awesome. So is Minecraft, just started so I've been building a beach house and a tower where I can hide from monsters until I start building some nice weapons.)

What I want to know about Little Big Planet 2 is where the DLC is? If there's anything that makes me very happy to put a game back in the drive it's DLC.

I've promised the girlfriend that I'm going to build another level starting next week so we'll see where I'm heading with that. I had 5 different concepts I worked on before that never really stuck as levels (they worked better as ideas or didn't work too well in the LittleBig framework after my own playtesting).

The ideas I've scraped are:
  • Tropical Zombie Island Shooter - Which actually was supposed to be the title of the level. Didn't work out because of monster design. Made some great zombie scripts but it failed as weapons/enemy design was so inconsistant.
  • The 3rd Cardboard Creator level (working name: The Revenge of the Cardboard Creator) - Let's just say my work with logics and developing a clever and original bossfight took it's hits and bumps.
  • Ace Bravo: Avalon's Pride - A tank based level taking place in a sci-fi setting that failed simply because the tank got to complex and every time I tried to simplify things it started to fall apart very fast.

Well, those are the ones that we're atleast fully developed concepts that made it through pre-production and actually out on the canvas. What I'll start creating next week will be something entirely different--hopefully.

I really got to back at the game because my main concept for a level I have in the making is still nowhere to be seen in the community. Nothing too grand in logic but it should be fun to play. It's another "adventure-ish" level that is freeroaming, like some of my LBP1 levels.

I have concepts for a random sudoku puzzle generator and a random maze/labyrinth generator being worked out, but I'm not sure if there's anything interesting to say about working out the logic on paper. It wouldn't be a surprise, though, if it doesn't pan out when I actually try to implement it.

I noticed a level that implements something like a 30x30 board for Conway's Game of Life and LBP2 struggles to keep from becoming a total slideshow, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much with what I'm doing.

Played Frozen Flame on the Mm picks the other day and was completely jaw dropped. Its like a standalone PSN game!

Has anyone here made a film/video? I'm curious how hard it is to make a music video

finally got this game. and WOW. tried a few user levels and minds were blown. someone has made freaking Pac-Man with the create tools. i don't understand how it's possible. and some Batman animation was damn cool. and a spaceship level where the ship got hit by an asteroid and i had to fix everything in the ship. and a gorgeous, fully functional Pinball level. and and so much cool shit!

and i didn't even really scratch the surface yet. what a magnificent game. even calling LBP2 just a "game" feels so wrong..

astroturfing said:
finally got this game. and WOW. tried a few user levels and minds were blown. someone has made freaking Pac-Man with the create tools. i don't understand how it's possible. and some Batman animation was damn cool. and a spaceship level where the ship got hit by an asteroid and i had to fix everything in the ship. and a gorgeous, fully functional Pinball level. and and so much cool shit!

and i didn't even really scratch the surface yet. what a magnificent game. even calling LBP2 just a "game" feels so wrong..

Type in 3D...your face will melt :D

kinoki

jump_button said:
*Fanfare* worked out the bugs in my logic

How long until we get to play it? :)

Media Molecule Podcast 6

The classic gang are back together at last, Daniel, Kenny, Spaff and Tom grab some tea and discuss our Japan relief efforts, recent trips and shows, and go over some interesting audio snippets Kenny found down the back of the sofa. Marvel at us as we try to remember theme or level names from LittleBigPlanet, shriek at us as we get it wrong, and then just give up and enjoy the show. We also answer some questions from twitter, exciting stuff!

Some really good stuff, oh and give me 2 to 4 week XD im a slow maker only do a hour here and there and my ps3 acting up XD

Teknoman

LTTP, but finally electric distorted guitar holds a note 100% of the time.

EDIT: With so much to be able to do in LBP2, alot more work is probably going towards making a game thats the best it can be (to your ability anyway), so i'm sure thats taking alot of people away from the topic. That and dlc of course.

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Just saw your plug on FirstPlay, jump_button!

Congrats! XD

EDIT: Oh I just realized thats like a month old. lol

not seen it thanx :)

Wish i could do more but all i get now is Limbo! -_- i was making this level befor it was out and I made 2 other along the same line years ago -_- do i get any credit? No all i get is oh it like Limbo or you should make a Limbo or this would make a good Limbo level

noone care about art styles

I realize this might be far out there, but does anybody with an HD capture card record levels for people? I'm working on this project that's due in a few weeks, and I'm trying to get a decent video to present to the class, and while I'm about 75% done (should be done in another week), I'm starting to get worried about finding a way to do so, and I would say spending 200 dollars on capturing devices isn't necessarily worth it just for a project...

Irish

I bought this back in January with Dead Space 2, but I still haven't touched it yet. I really need to get on it.

Ranger X

jump_button said:
LOL what a big shock kotaku post up the World 1-1 from Super Mario Land on the Game Boy *looks at OP* how right was I?

still a good level but nothing original, a bit of a kick in teeth when im working on the full animation character so far done falling, jumping, walking, not moving and attack working on level and full animation on the bad guys

Very interesting but it can't possibly play as great as the real game. Still neat.
I'm looking forward to play your original stuff more than this.

Top Bottom