• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

colinp

Banned
Anyone still playing this? It's so fantastic! I just got a PS3 earlier this week and am slowly going through.

jump_button, enjoyed Sky_Town and am looking forward to delving into your back catalog and also what you're working on now. Woo!

Also, I need PSN friends so ummm please add me: colinp101

colinp said:
Anyone still playing this? It's so fantastic! I just got a PS3 earlier this week and am slowly going through.

jump_button, enjoyed Sky_Town and am looking forward to delving into your back catalog and also what you're working on now. Woo!

Also, I need PSN friends so ummm please add me: colinp101

Welcome! will add you next time i'm online

just not had alot of time to pop on and LBPC not been post up they spotlights

just not been in the mood to make saying that i have four levels in works, the pixel one look to be the one out next.

I mostly do a bit here and there but with my ps3 how it is some time take for ever to start up

colinp

Banned
jump_button said:
just not had alot of time to pop on and LBPC not been post up they spotlights

just not been in the mood to make saying that i have four levels in works, the pixel one look to be the one out next.

I mostly do a bit here and there but with my ps3 how it is some time take for ever to start up

Any idea why LBPC has not been putting up spotlights recently?

Understand your not being in the mood. Hope you get in the mood in the near future all the same. =D

Ranger X

Looks like they have difficulties of keeping up with a great dedicated team than can pull it off. That's bad because it's the #1 feature of that community.
If I had time I could dedicated to that I would step that up ---- but looks like I can't save everything + Minecraft is... awesome.

from PS blog

First of all, LittleBigPlanet fans – a congratulations is in order. Thanks to all of you, we recently hit a very cool milestone – more than FOUR MILLION LittleBigPlanet levels (LBP1 & LBP2) have now been shared online by players around the world.

Four million – or to be exact, 4,141,742! To give you a sense of how big that number is, if you played LBP straight for 12 hours a day and only played each level for 5 minutes, it would take you more than 78 years to play through all of them. WOW!

Here’s a message of appreciation to all of you from the folks over at Media Molecule…

“For us the most exciting thing has always been seeing what the community does with a LittleBigPlanet game when they get their hands on the new features and tools. We’re constantly delighted – and amazed – by their ingenuity and creativity, and it’s so inspiring to see the level of affection that exists for LittleBigPlanet amongst fans around the world.”

Next up – the LittleBigPlanet Contraption Challenge has returned! If you have no idea what I’m talking about the Contraption Challenge is a series of tasks to test and reward the creativity of the LBP nation, coordinated by community members Nuclearfish, Chimpanzee, and other members of the PlayStation Community Team.

This specific challenge is to construct a working submarine – see full details on our European team’s forum here. The closing date for the contest is this Sunday, April 17th so feel free to check check out some of the great submissions on lbp.me using this handy link.

If you only look at one thing this week, check out the teaser trailer for the new series of Contraption Challenges, in case you didn’t see it a couple of weeks ago – it’s pretty awesome.

Upcoming Downloadable Costumes
Finally, an update on some of the imminent downloadable goodness coming to LittleBigPlanet 2. Our next release on the PlayStation Store will be the Tron: Evolution Minipack, which will be released on April 26th for $2.99. In the pack you’ll get two brand new costumes, plus a batch of handy new stickers – here’s some shiny neon pics…

5619610016_25c0b37706_m.jpg
5619609702_0bfaefef86_m.jpg

May will see the release of the Killzone 3 Minipack and I couldn’t resist giving you a sneak peak at one of the two costumes from the pack, probably one of the coolest LBP costumes I’ve seen. Behold, the Hazmat Trooper…

5619609872_623302210e_z.jpg

Combine this together with the original Killzone costume kit (which is fully compatible with LittleBigPlanet 2, remember) and you’ll have all the tools to recreate the battle for Helghan down to the finest detail. What could be better than that?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Any tips for acing the levels besides LOL DON'T DIE? I still need to ace LBP1 (for the costumes) and LBP2 (for the trophy/costumes) but I haven't had the will to go through it.

well i have one or two ideas but i dont know if they work without knowing what we be geting, we will see soon. This is a big DLC and i think they going full out on it. It will add much more then any of the big DLC from lbp1 and motion controls are new to devs as well, so the path not well walked down yet

Im still not sure where or how they will go by mixing them with LBP2 for them that dont own a move

and play on your own and dont die? just go for it

SykoTech

TheSeks said:
Any tips for acing the levels besides LOL DON'T DIE? I still need to ace LBP1 (for the costumes) and LBP2 (for the trophy/costumes) but I haven't had the will to go through it.

Memorize the levels. Go through them once (maybe even twice) casually and get familiar with the traps and stuff that might trip you up. Then try to do it without dying.

This my prove difficult for LBP1, as that last Bunker level has that spinning wheel. That was a bitch to do without dying regardless of memory.

MrPliskin

Banned
jump_button said:
oh dont worry they did say Q1

Q1 of when? Next year? Isn't Q1 January, February, and March? It's halfway to May!

... :( I really want to finally create something using Move and think "outside the box". Frankly, I can't do it in the game. My IntelligentQube clone fell short :(

MrPliskin said:
Q1 of when? Next year? Isn't Q1 January, February, and March? It's halfway to May!

... :( I really want to finally create something using Move and think "outside the box". Frankly, I can't do it in the game. My IntelligentQube clone fell short :(

Give it a week or three i think they delayed it from then, but it is coming soon <_<;

Been dying to play this game online...really wish Mm included the ability to download user levels. Even if they prevent users from editing them at all.

I've been messing around with the music sequencer after watching this tutorial. Sorry if posted already.

The lighting in this level is really cool.

SykoTech

Was dying to play some LBP again already, so I popped it in despite PSN still being on lockdown. Went back to the single player for the first time since I Aced the levels. Fun stuff, got to fall in love with Death By Shockolate all over again, but still no substitute for the online gems. Maybe I should take the time to actually try and make a good level myself.

...nah.

Media Molecule Podcast 7 - The Sphinx

In this spotlight edition of the Media Molecule Podcast, Kenny, Daniel and Spaff sit down with Mm Art Director Kareem Ettouney to discuss his influences and passions, and how they affected the look at feel of the weird mish-mash that is LittleBigPlanet. We discuss generalities of art in games, games as art, how Mm works as a studio, how you can only be as mad as how serious you are, and Kareem sneaks in his obligatory Beatles Analogy.

After the podcast Kareem attended his art class, where he painted this picture… we include it here as a great example of Kareem’s personal interests, influences and non Mm work. There’s plenty more Sphinx magic for those who are interested, just visit Kareem’s website - kareemettouney.com

:( no online = no LBP been take a rest from making anything, ;) going to play a lot in the next three days so keep you eye out.

Back from Mm and wow cant wait for the move pack and more, not that free talk about what I saw yet so here what they posted.

http://www.mediamolecule.com/blog/article/community_game_jam_2011_move_edition/

Last year, 15 or so intrepid community creators descended on Mm Towers to join in with an experimental 37.5 hour LittleBigPlanet 2 Game Jam. With the best part of a year before the game was to be released, we were keen to see if our new tools could be used to build anything, and suffice to say we were definitely impressed!

Fast forward 12 months, and we’re at it again! This morning 15 creators will once again be joining us in the studio to stay up all night building games, this time with the new Move tools that we are working on! We are once again really rather keen to see what kind of things can be built with these exciting tools, which more than ever before could lead to you lot inventing new never seen before game mechanics!

Whilst we can’t invite you all to join us in the studio without the use of some kind of shrinking technology, you can join us live via twitter from @littlebigplanet.
We’ll be updating with pictures and shenanigans all night long, with the hashtag #lbp2move.

Stay tuned!

Xenon

I loaded this game yesterday wanting to see what was new... lol. I wish MM would let people download levels. The main reason is sometimes its flakey and takes far too long to load them up, but it would have help during PSN hack-out as well.

So how do you guys think LBP2 will fair after PSN comes back up?

mclem

SykoTech said:
This my prove difficult for LBP1, as that last Bunker level has that spinning wheel. That was a bitch to do without dying regardless of memory.

You can skip the entire middle section of that; leave the first bit then grab onto the floor. Wait until it's upside down, and drop down onto the *ceiling*. Walk around the ceiling at your own pace.

SykoTech

mclem said:
You can skip the entire middle section of that; leave the first bit then grab onto the floor. Wait until it's upside down, and drop down onto the *ceiling. Walk around the ceiling at your own pace.

Sounds like a cool trick. Wish I would have known that beforehand. Oh well, it did feel pretty satisfying to finally pass that part.

LBP2 has a few tricky part in that low gravity level, but it's nothing that intimidating.

mclem

SykoTech said:
Sounds like a cool trick. Wish I would have known that beforehand. Oh well, it did feel pretty satisfying to finally pass that part.

Realising that was something of a "Now you're thinking with portals" moment for me; it's such an obvious shortcut when you realise it, but it's so easy to fall into the trap of taking what you're seeing entirely at face value without thinking about what's *really* going on.

I suspect it was intentional, too; MM could have prevented it by electrifying the ceiling, but they chose not to.

Angry Fork

TheSeks said:
I personally watched how people did it on youtube then just copied their moves. I know that kind of sucks and is like cheating but meh, for LBP1 I just wanted that trophy badly. It's still really tough doing the moves anyway though.

yeah PSN back Double Dream Feet!!!! I would have a level ready but waiting for somthing from the move pack now <_< cant say what

may as well post this in here

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 59

community_spotlight.png

PS3

Zen Mastermind by Elijah_Caine
For Vanished Heights by Lockstitch
Caribbean Carnage by Syroc
CyberStrata by L1GhTmArE
Sackro Machines Championship by Splapp-me-do
Corridors of Madness - 1st Person Adventure by Foofles
Land of Corrupt Bits - Prologue by ChrisCoConuts
Clove Space v0.59 by Spenson66
8-BIT: Side/Top Down Platfomer by jump_button
The Forest of Dreams - Wake Up?! by RedShadow_88
LBP "Power Up" Training Facility by Shawneboi
Cybernetic Adventures Alpha: Hardware HQ by JustinArt
TOWER DEFENCE by HERONEMIS

Welcome to episode 59's fortnight of fantastic levels, courtesy of the spotlight team and you - LBPC's awesome and growing number of superb creators!

Since our last episode we have had numerous changes in our PS3 Spotlight Crew staff. First off, we would like to say a very large thank you and farewell to Plasmavore, whose busy schedule has his time committed elsewhere. His contributions were long and large, and will not be forgotten. Please give him your thanks! While retiring from level-playing due to impending exams, Holguin86 is still on the scene, "helping with the housework" as you might say. We also send our sympathies to Keldur who has been having eye troubles. He came back ready to play a few weeks past but has since disappeared again. We have also seen a couple of the Spotlight Crew disappear without a trace - if you find them, please return them to PO Box LBPC. Thanks!!

In addition, we would like to welcome KlawwTheClown, OneEyedBanshee, RangerZero, valmassoi, rialrees, smasher, Bremnen, L1GhTmArE and X-FROGBOY-X to our ranks! Their help is greatly appreciated, especially due to the continuing trend of a massive amount of levels being published to the showcase each and every day.

For episode 59 we've spent many hours picking away at the level list one by one, we are sadly still behind! This episode's list comes from an immense pool of over 400 levels played over the past few weeks, and only includes entries that were published before Monday, February 7th. An important decision has been made via public poll on the long list of backlogged levels that has accumulated since the last Spotlight - head to this thread to get involved in helping out, and huge thanks to those who already have!

In addition, we have unfortunately decided to publish this week's month's Spotlight without the PSP section. Due to the unexplained absence of many of the PSP Crew, and the insubstantial trickle of new PSP levels, the future of this section of the Spotlight regrettably hangs in the balance.

Finally, we would also like to apologise for the lateness of this Spotlight's release. Hopefully, before long and with generous new Spotlighters volunteering their services, this bi-weekly, twice-a-monthly feature will soon be back on track.

Enjoy!

Wanted to break away from the monotony of making stem cells for the longest, so I put in a couple of hours into this last night.

T0Xgrl.jpg

LVX8Gl.jpg

The stickering came out a lot better than expected and its joint movement logic works the way I wanted to. ^^

Eh, I know how it works and there's no advantage given to having the move pack into this. I'd rather come up with something new that was meant for it.

donkey show said:
Eh, I know how it works and there's no advantage given to having the move pack into this. I'd rather come up with something new that was meant for it.

well its nothing to do with the move it self but something in the pack, what Im talking about

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
donkey show said:

I guess updates on the Move pack will be given at E3 at this point right?

Madman

donkey show said:
Just uploaded a vid of the Wing Gundam in motion. Came out a lot better than expected. =)

http://i.imgur.com/gwR24.png[IMG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMeBc0SuFss[/url][/QUOTE]
Amazing as usual donkey.

^ Thanks! =) It's something I've been wanting to accomplish just a little since the first one, so the tools have really been a godsend in getting it to work the way I wanted to.

jump_button said:
well its nothing to do with the move it self but something in the pack, what Im talking about
Haha, there's that too. The good thing is that I'm far from finished with the Gundam stuff considering we're on the last stretch of completing our educational projects... so I might be able to incorporate what you're talking about when it hits soon. =P

OchreHand

Teknoman said:
I dont even understand how that was possible.

i don't either...it's so full of detail, right down to the helmet distortion. and i love that futuristic train that just rolls by near the end.

Top Bottom