• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

There is a work around: Put the content you unlocked into prize bubbles and publish the level on your Earth via the PS3. Then go to that Earth on your PS4 and collect the bubbles. It means they will be in your community section instead of your main menu, but at least you can use them once you've downloaded the DLC on the PS4. I'm doing that with the MOVE pack.

Damn, that's smart!

There is a work around: Put the content you unlocked into prize bubbles and publish the level on your Earth via the PS3. Then go to that Earth on your PS4 and collect the bubbles. It means they will be in your community section instead of your main menu, but at least you can use them once you've downloaded the DLC on the PS4. I'm doing that with the MOVE pack.
Good idea but are you sure it won't come up as a red exclamation mark because it is content that is supposed to be purchased?

Wow, he made that really damn quickly. The guns they showed off in the E3 demos seemed much more complicated.

Yeah the thing he did in the video was just an extremely simple use of an emitter. With the same effort you could have it shoot out pretty much anything imaginable lol.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Good idea but are you sure it won't come up as a red exclamation mark because it is content that is supposed to be purchased?

Only if you don't own the DLC. That's why you have to first download the DLC so that it recognises you have it. Lots of community levels are dedicated to the DLC too. I'm thinking of buying the cross-controller pack because I've seen a level published with the DLC in it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Don't forget, in order to put it in a prize bubble you first have to place the object/material/sticker down and capture it. Once you've done that, you can put it in a prize bubble. It's probably just as simple to publish a level with all the stuff laid out and then copy it back to your moon on the PS4. You can then grab it from there. That's what I'm going to do.

Gamespawn

Anyone not getting the game right away want to join my shareplay session tonight
Me please! My kids are watching a stream now and I think it would convince my wife to buy it this week if the kids bug her enough.

Also, what coupon are people talking about tgat was included with day one ps4s?
Psn name is GAF name. I think we're watching your stream now?

Me please! My kids are watching a stream now and I think it would convince my wife to buy it this week if the kids bug her enough.

Also, what coupon are people talking about tgat was included with day one ps4s?
Psn name is GAF name. I think we're watching your stream now?

Haha, sound strategy.

I was going to shareplay with him at midnight, but I think I'll join him at a later date and play Dragon Age for tonight, since you can only shareplay with one person.

Good luck with the purchase ;)

Haha, sound strategy.

I was going to shareplay with him at midnight, but I think I'll join him at a later date and play Dragon Age for tonight, since you can only shareplay with one person.

Good luck with the purchase ;)

No need to wait until Midnight, I will be playing around 7 PM mountain time :)

Kazuhira Swooper is good enough for me ;)
15316384181_37e4c6ee58_m.jpg

Fiddle Gun incoming

Should be arriving from Amazon tomorrow. Eagerly anticipating this. I hope the multitiude f characters this time enlivens the gameplay.

Nev

Banned
The fact that the dog-like character seems to have tight platforming physics (thank you) and things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAYl0cKCJ5M

Have hyped me out of nowhere. Shame about the high amount of unplayable user created levels because of below 25fps drops that the PS3 version will have like LBP2 did, and shame it's not 60fps on PS4, what a poor excuse they gave. I guess it will dip below 30 in PS4 too.

baconcow

Enjoyed the stream I watched. Awaiting my order. Wish this wasn't just a PS3-constrained engine. It really should have PS4-only levels at 60fps. There is jo reason to paritynthebPS4 framerate and features if that isnonly needed for LBP1 and 2 compatability.

Maybe not. Explain :)

If you republish a newly posted level over and over again, it will stay on the front pages because every time you publish it, it gets bumped up. You have to actually change something in the level for it to work though. Usually I just have 2 slightly different versions of the same level and I just alternate each time I publish..... Don't know if I explained that clearly....

The fact that the dog-like character seems to have tight platforming physics (thank you) and things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAYl0cKCJ5M

Have hyped me out of nowhere. Shame about the high amount of unplayable user created levels because of below 25fps drops that the PS3 version will have like LBP2 did, and shame it's not 60fps on PS4, what a poor excuse they gave. I guess it will dip below 30 in PS4 too.

I played the demo of this at a best buy and the physics with the new characters really do make the game play better. The framerate is still 30 but it did look really good even still.

Digital seems good but I'm going disc for this one. I'd like to be able to bring it to a friend's house if I want to.
On PS4 as long add you are signed into your account you can play on any PS4 even if it's not primary. Guess you'd have to download it still.

I'm going digital for convenience and so my brother can play on his PS4 as well.

On PS4 as long add you are signed into your account you can play on any PS4 even if it's not primary. Guess you'd have to download it still.

I'm going digital for convenience and so my brother can play on his PS4 as well.

i'm mostly digital and this is a perfect title to have on the HDD so i don't to swap disc all the time.

IcyEyes

I'm so hyped about this game!
I *love* this franchise and when we tried this game at the E3 we immediately loved it!

Kilau

How do we import our PS3 LBP1/2 profile into PS4 version of LBP3?

Edit - Oops, I read back through and see now how it works, shouldn't have just used search for one word.

tch

Some of the stuff in that stream wasn't there in the beta. The weather tool and the fog tool look fantastic.

Great to hear. This was really lacking in lbp2.

Regarding water, is it always visible in the foreground? In the past it was visible even in front of the front-most layer. It would be pretty cool to have a pool of water without seeing water across the entire stage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I guess this is how twitch integration is handled? Via dropdown menu? (in addition to text commands)

iblZdpZxgA5TRP.png

Pretty effing cool. I want to see it in action.

Deadstar

One of the things I plan on doing is uploading my save to the cloud, downloading it on my friends system, playing coop, then uploading it back to the cloud again so I can make progress while we play.

Poona

still trying to find out if all players on ps4 if playing locally can get trophies and not just one player, but other query is to do with all this pre-order dlc.

Anyone know if it will be available for purchase from the psn store if the place you get the game from isnt offering all the dlc with the game? As there's so many places offering various dlc costumes and you can't get it all unless you buy from each store, so I'm hoping they put the dlc up for purchase online too.

Top Bottom