• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Why is the R1 button grab *and* climb *and* fire weapon? I' em only just started the game but the blinkball power up is really frustrating. R1 to climb up something, jump off, the weapon fires and you
get teleported back where you just were
. Also blowing away sponge blocks you want to grab because I'm used to holding down R1 in mid jump

I also second the idea of a paid DLC option to unlock all items from LBP 1+2. I have played through them but on a different PSN account so I won't be able to unlock them in LBP3

I have a feeling LBPHub will offer LBP1/LBP2 as levels to play.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What is LBP hub? I would certainly love this, as the campaign in 3 seems VERY short. Adding in previous levels would help. I want to play the old levels with LBP3 graphics and solid framerate.

When was that supposed to release anyway? Havent heard anything about it since the first time it was announced.

No one actually knows what LBPHub is all about but it has been said that it's still coming. My guess is it's a way of all the LBP community to come together: Vita owners/PS3 owners/PS4 owners, but what would that be? My guess is something similar to HOME with different sections dedicated to created levels and older LBP levels (including story levels). I also think it's going to be a way of people WITHOUT LBP to play created levels.

just my guess.

is there something wrong with the player color?

i always thought the color that's shown for the sack sillouhette was the color of the item with the color property would change to.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
My SEN store says "unavailable" for my purchased DLC and explains the reason is because I already bought them. But I have yet to gain access to them in game.
A lot of DLC isn't playable/wearable yet, even stuff on display. What are you missing?

alexbull_uk

Would anyone else buy a campaign DLC, where you get both LBP1 and LBP2's story to play in LBP3? I loved the story levels, especially LBP1's.

I played the first 2 MGS levels (first one has the wrong music) and the DC Hero Race, after finishing each one I get:

"Recent changes to your profile could not be saved due to an unknown error."

Teknoman

Yeah alot of the user created item rewards that make use of move pack things are unsuable, and the move pack is completely missing from the PS4 side of things. This mostly seems to fall under sequencers though.

At any rate, about riding Oddsock, which I guess is just riding an oddsock bot... it should be possible to just leave the settings at default to allow a rideable mount with oddsock abilities?

Also do items in create mode unlock after watching tutorials / completing tutorials in basic mode?

Creaking

Just bought the Deadpool costume (from in game) but it's not in my inventory.

I own the FFVII outfits also MIA I think a few other things.
I don't own those, so I can't check myself, but there are a couple of costume packs on the store that I own but cannot equip. Just gotta wait it out.

Yeah alot of the user created item rewards that make use of move pack things are unsuable, and the move pack is completely missing from the PS4 side of things. This mostly seems to fall under sequencers though.

At any rate, about riding Oddsock, which I guess is just riding an oddsock bot... it should be possible to just leave the settings at default to allow a rideable mount with oddsock abilities?

Also do items in create mode unlock after watching tutorials / completing tutorials in basic mode?
the only items you get are the ones that you can do which falls under the popit category. watching does nothing.

Got the game yesterday and got to play it. It has so much charm! And I love the narrator.

I made it to Manglewood and played the Deep Space Drive-in level. The whole 70s homage is really cool, and that song is stuck in my head.

So that's what was causing it. I think I'll wait for the patch, I don't want to delete my screenshots.

Yeah that makes sense I have tons of screen shots. I'm also not going to delete them so fix this asap please!

Deadstar

Anyone else loving the new 16 layers? It really makes the game feel a lot cooler. I love flying into the background and foreground.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also I noticed in the opening (?) cutscene to the last level in the game, the narrator says "fail" but the subtitles say "fall."

Minor thing but yeah, GET ON IT DONKEY.

fernoca

Yeah that makes sense I have tons of screen shots. I'm also not going to delete them so fix this asap please!
You could transfer them to an USB in the meantime and then back to the PS4 when the fix is out. Unless you need them at all times.

Thinking in sending them a message with the instructions they provided, re: my DLC issues. Loving the game, but this DLC issues always suck because time passes, some stay with the problems and Sony is kinda erratic when it comes to issues with downloads. Either they claim they can't or they just say the won't.

Are there no prizes for acing Here and There, and Two's Company?

I've aced them and they're 100% but they show blank spots under aced level gifts.

Also, Bunkum Lagoon shows 99% on the planet view but when I go into the map, everything is 100%.

Would anyone else buy a campaign DLC, where you get both LBP1 and LBP2's story to play in LBP3? I loved the story levels, especially LBP1's.

how is this not free with little big planet 3? or at least as a downloadable option.
This game has one of the shortest campaigns i've seen, they could at least add in some of the best old story levels updated.

fernoca

It should be free.

how is this not free with little big planet 3? or at least as a downloadable option.
This game has one of the shortest campaigns i've seen, they could at least add in some of the best old story levels updated.
I'd love free, but why it should be free?
Is not like they can just copy-paste them and upload them to the servers and be done with it. The porting process on top of some aspects needing to be reworked around the new characters, is actual work.

Of course, similar stuff has been released for free across other games. But I don't understand the expectation of it been free. Like the recent debacle around Monument Valley charging for DLC and people angry because it should've been free because they got the game for free.

Again, I'd love free; but $20 for the LBP1 and 2 levels wouldn't be bad, less would be better...but no biggie. :p

You could transfer them to an USB in the meantime and then back to the PS4 when the fix is out. Unless you need them at all times.

Thinking in sending them a message with the instructions they provided, re: my DLC issues. Loving the game, but this DLC issues always suck because time passes, some stay with the problems and Sony is kinda erratic when it comes to issues with downloads. Either they claim they can't or they just say the won't.

Unless I'm missing something I don't think there's a way to transfer them back

fernoca

At work right now can't check. Thought there was an option of either that or read from the USB. But might be mixing things, since I just usually capture, upload and delete....then delete the upload notifications, because that also creates problems. ;p

I'd love free, but why it should be free?
The porting process on top of some aspects needing to be reworked around the new characters, is actual work.

when you say actual work do you mean the thing people do to make sure a game has a good length to the campaign?

Creaking

I want to know who that guy is I linked to above. He seems to know a hell of a lot of tricks I wasn't even aware of.

Could you describe any of them? I'm curious.

Also, here's an update regarding DLC issues

Hello Everyone!

We are currently investigating a number of issues relating to LittleBigPlanet DLC and working with the regional PlayStation Store teams to ensure that we can get this content to you in a timely manner.

To give you all an update on the current issues...

Missing Limited-Time Content
Some players are currently unable to download this content. We’re looking into this issue and will ensure that everyone has a fair opportunity to download the following content before its permanent removal from the PlayStation Store.

• LittleBigPlanet 3 Rare T-Shirt Pack
  • Launch Spacesuit Costumes Pack

Unavailable Content
Due to compatibility reasons with LittleBigPlanet 3, the following add-on content is currently unavailable to download for use in LBP3. We are currently working to make this content compatible with LittleBigPlanet 3 in upcoming updates and they will become available to download after these updates go live.

• LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack
  • LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack
  • Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Pack
  • The Muppet’s Premium Level Pack

Other Missing Content

We are actively tracking reports of DLC that is either unavailable for purchase or that has previously been purchased but the player is being told to purchase the content again. We are working with the PlayStation Store team to get these items restored to their expected status for all users.

If you have previously purchased content and are being told to purchase it again, please refrain from purchasing this content a second time. Once this issue has been resolved, you will be able to download previously purchased content again for free, as intended.

If you are missing any content, please feel free to email us with your issue to hello@littlebigplanet.com

To assist us further, please include the following information...

• DLC Name
  • Your PSN Name
  • Nature of the Issue (E.g. Not Visibile On Store. Requires a Second Purchase.)
  • Your Nationality.
  • The Console you are using. (PS3, PS4 or Both)

Thank you for your co-operation whilst we investigate these issues.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Could you describe any of them? I'm curious.

Also, here's an update regarding DLC issues

It's really difficult to describe what he was doing. Just from a cutting materials, lining them up, making minute adjustments and stuff like that, he has lots of very clever techniques. But he also showed how to use level shifting slopes as roofs (both sides) and as wall supports (both sides). It's just mesmerising the way he does it.

Creaking

Oh yeah, I love using slides for aesthetic purposes, and you can get some unique shapes by using the corner editor on them. Some interior sections of Newton's airship make really excellent use of them.

Oh yeah, I love using slides for aesthetic purposes, and you can get some unique shapes by using the corner editor on them. Some interior sections of Newton's airship make really excellent use of them.

Wow, that's smart I never would have thought of that. This is why I'll never make anything good =(

Mailbox

I know this game has less story levels (apparently) than lbp1 or 2, but how long (in hours) is the game.

Since both lbp1 and 2 were about 3-4 hours each, and since lbp3's levels are larger + hub worlds...

I'm just wondering.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I know this game has less story levels (apparently) than lbp1 or 2, but how long (in hours) is the game.

Since both lbp1 and 2 were about 3-4 hours each, and since lbp3's levels are larger + hub worlds...

I'm just wondering.

5 - 6 hours for the story (with side quests and mini-games)
3 - 4 hours for the poppit puzzles.

Expecting my copy to show up tomorrow. Hopefully I'll enjoy it a lot.

I'm not the world's biggest LBP fan, but I've liked the past 3. I've yet to actually play a lot of or finish 1, though.

tch

How do you access the tutorials (I recall reading there were over 100)? Not talking about the poppit puzzles. Can't seem to find them

Expecting my copy to show up tomorrow. Hopefully I'll enjoy it a lot.

I'm not the world's biggest LBP fan, but I've liked the past 3. I've yet to actually play a lot of or finish 1, though.

I think you will like this one the most. I played LBP1 and 2 but never finished the campaign in either and didn't touch create, mostly just played a lot of community levels.

This one has me hooked, it'll leave a smile on your face. I am noticing quite a few minor bugs though so be prepared to be a bit patient in case you encounter any.

How do you access the tutorials (I recall reading there were over 100)? Not talking about the poppit puzzles. Can't seem to find them

Go to Play and move over to "Community". Tutorials are in there where your Moon and Earth are.

Kemal86

At least as of last night, the Sackzilla, Geisha, and TV Head costumes were missing from the store. Basically some of the oldest stuff from around when LBP1 launched.

Creaking

Sackzilla and Geisha should be LBP1 import costumes, not store items. Dunno about TV head, but I haven't seen any of the LBP1 design items available for LBP3 yet. Read the update I posted above for the word on DLC. It's a work in progress.

Top Bottom