• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Yes. The tutorials list has two sections: how to play and Popit Puzzles. Is it necessary to complete all the story levels first maybe?

That doesn't sound right. The popit puzzles are in a totally different place from the tutorials.

Can you post a screenshot?

tch

strQveX.jpg

Here, I'm on the PS3 version fwiw.

Alszem

LBP 2 question (sorry, it's the only active LBP thread):

Did anybody buy the DC comics season pass recently? I bought it yesterday and I can't access the PS3 level pack. It doesn't show up on the store either. The PS4 version show up, but it costs 5$ (or 6$?) for some reason.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Are there checkpoints in the story missions? I have one more orb left to go but I need to let my gf play Driveclub.

Are you talking about the marbles you collect to unlock Oddsock/Toggle? If so I am pretty sure your progress there will be saved if you exit the level....but don't quote me on that

Edit: to clarify anything you obtained (stickers/unlocks etc) should save but there is no checkpoints per se, you'll start at the beginning of whatever level you were doing.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Are there checkpoints in the story missions? I have one more orb left to go but I need to let my gf play Driveclub.

You can quit Hub levels with your progress saved, but you'll have to restart regular levels (you keep your collected goodies though).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How am I supposed to find adventures in the search?

The community browser needs a lot more ways to narrow down a search IMO.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
How am I supposed to find adventures in the search?

The community browser needs a lot more ways to narrow down a search IMO.

There won't be any adventures for quite some time. The community is going to need at least three months before we start seeing exceptional levels.

fernoca

when you say actual work do you mean the thing people do to make sure a game has a good length to the campaign?
"Work" is more than length. And considering the current release still made it with a few problems, porting the campaign from the previous two games which were done differently and by a different team, was going to bring more problems without care. Is why I said is not just a matter of copy-paste.

Plus the entire game is not just the campaign, so the "work" here went to many things.

LBP 2 question (sorry, it's the only active LBP thread):

Did anybody buy the DC comics season pass recently? I bought it yesterday and I can't access the PS3 level pack. It doesn't show up on the store either. The PS4 version show up, but it costs 5$ (or 6$?) for some reason.

Am I the only one with this issue?
Not the only one. Known issue they're working to fix. Same aplies to a good amount of DLC.

I don't get the Simon Says pin. The description reads:

"Use the state sensor to activate when tweaked to all its different states."

What the hell does that mean? I set up 21 state sensors for each action and hooked them to destroy objects, entered each state and triggered each one, but it didn't give me the pin. I also cycled through all 21 states on a single sensor and still nada.

J-Spot

I've been out of the LittleBigPlanet loop for awhile. Are there still any good websites for showcasing the must-play user levels?

Are there no prizes for acing Here and There, and Two's Company?

I've aced them and they're 100% but they show blank spots under aced level gifts.

Also, Bunkum Lagoon shows 99% on the planet view but when I go into the map, everything is 100%.
Now the 4 player Race to the Stars is doing it too.

I went through with 4 controllers, got everything and aced it, yet the Level Complete, Collected All, and Aced gifts are blank despite showing 100% completion -- and after completing the level, it dropped my overall Manglewood score from 100% to 99%.

Other challenge levels have the appropriate bubbles filled in, as they should be.

What gives?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So is there a big creator community on GAF?

Looking around, people say LBPCentral is the biggest LBP community but even that looks dead. D;

I think I just finished the last story level in the game and yea the main story is really short.
I didn't do most of the side levels or aced anything yet so it still has more to do and plus the infinite amount of online content makes this not too much of an issue.

I think I just finished the last story level in the game and yea the main story is really short.
I didn't do most of the side levels or aced anything yet so it still has more to do and plus the infinite amount of online content makes this not too much of an issue.

Yeah, I'm taking it slow. I have been trying to do all the side stuff and collect everything, my story completion is 31% and I have 4-5 hours already. Haven't even started book 2

How do you see your time played?? Or is that just a guess?

Just a guesstimate. Not sure if there's a way to see playtime. I know I played 3 hours on Tuesday and another 1 or 2 tonight.

I wish Sony had something like Nintendo's activity monitor thing where it shows the time you've spent with each application....doesn't seem like it should be that complicated.

Korten

Banned
Is there a thread dedicated to Gaffer creators?

I think that would be cool, a thread where each other share tips for creator mode, and show progress on levels and such. Though I guess they can do that here.

Is there a thread dedicated to Gaffer creators?

I think that would be cool, a thread where each other share tips for creator mode, and show progress on levels and such. Though I guess they can do that here.

Yeah here is probably OK. The nice thing about this OT not moving too fast is we can have a small but dedicated group of people in here :)

I still plan on setting up a spreadsheet with everyone's GAF/PSN names to make playing together easier, just haven't had the time yet.

Played the jungle level from the DC pack and noticed some issues:

-- Motion blur has been downgraded. Very ugly during the falling section of the temple level.

-- There's no more "background loading" where the music would continue over a black loading screen.

-- Batman's cape doesn't show up.

-- New jump physics made Cheetah overshoot the jump at the end, so she doesn't get captured.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Gametrailers review just went up. 9.2/10

Read the review, and it actually makes me want check this out. Looks fantastic.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/rgxow7/littlebigplanet-3-review

Excellent! Shame LBP3 is getting the shaft for the GAs. Didn't even get a spot for best family game. LBP2 got the shaft because it released so early in the year, and now LBP3 is getting the shaft because it released so late and isn't GTA V.

On the subject of a creative community, you can count me in for sure. I'll be creating in LBP3 years from now. Still in the collecting stuff phase though. I hope it doesn't take them too long to iron out all DLC and LBP2 compatibility issues, then I can show off the level I was working on for two years (on & off) in LBP2, before sadly abandoning it because the background logic was so dense that it ran at like 10fps.

From a design perspective, it appears the story missions are to introduce the new tools/weapons and the new characters. There are practically no barriers to completing these, except the 6-7 life limit on each level. Making the game appear short as you stumble through each level, respawning at a spot very close to where you die.

But the side quests, and stickering secret areas, both are more challenging and expect players to come back with objects they've found from other stages ... I'm assuming some of the challenges will be easier if you complete the game like the Angry Bear task if you have the
booster boots
?

We'll see though, as I'm assuming this without completing the side quests, if it still feels short I'll be a bit annoyed ... but I'm lucky as I haven't played user-made levels from 1 or 2.

^^^^^
I know! And the tunnel constantly getting smaller adds to the, "Am I going to make it?!" feeling.

----

Wow, sackboy's walljumping is very messed up. You constantly get knocked off the wall during the first stage of the final boss.

That will be impossible to ace, if you haven't done so already I'm LBP2.

So is the challenge room "bear with us" glitched??

I don't get any bubbles through out the entire level but at the very end somehow I end up getting bubble from somewhere AFTER pulling the lever???!!

What's going on with this??

So is the challenge room "bear with us" glitched??

I don't get any bubbles through out the entire level but at the very end somehow I end up getting bubble from somewhere AFTER pulling the lever???!!

What's going on with this??

the only bubble you get are the prize bubbles when you get no score bubbles at the end. which should 100% for that level.

Mononoke

Banned
Oh awesome. The game really is amazing from what I've seen

I have way too many games to play. So I was going to hold off on getting this. But I was going to get it. Then I saw some negative reviews, and talk about it being "broken". I really don't understand how all these reviews pick Littlebigplanet to call out on "glitches/bugs" as negatives, but then give MCC a fuckin free pass. A game I couldn't use for a week. I ended up getting MS to refund me. And I also got burned by Unity which is also broken IMO and still fucked. And while that game got 7 out of 10s, most of the reviews didn't give negatives based on bugs/glitches, they just said that formula for the game was tired.

Seems like some inconsistent BS to me. Anyways, I'm going to check this out.

But the bear tells me I don't get the special prize cause I got bubbles??...

Is this normal?

It does the same thing for me.

The level says 100% complete with all 3 medals on the badge, but the ace rewards are blank in the menu.

oh. i just checked.

got the 6 prize bubbles.

but i'm missing the level complete gifts, collected all gifts, and aced level gifts.

maybe it's standard template where it shows the collected items, level complete, collected all, and aced

actually. check all the stages with prize bubbles and whatnot.

maybe it is glitched/bugged.

oh. i just checked.

maybe it is glitched/bugged.
That's what I'm thinking.

It has happened with other levels for me as well; Two's a Crowd, Here and There, Race to the Stars, the final 2 levels, and one or two more. All show 100% completion but have blank spaces in either the completed/collected/aced sections or all of them.

I don't know if I have the stuff and the images just aren't showing, or if it's not giving the items.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How do you guys plan out levels?

This is so daunting. I have a concept I want to execute but I'm not really sure how to go about designing puzzles (simple 2D level BTW).

Top Bottom