• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Finally had time to play this some last night.

Does anyone know how to not get trapped in the "need to blow yourself up" area in the first stage so I can get the No Lives Lost bonuses?

Didn't see a sticker area like in the first LBP that I could get around it and the ledge to the right before falling had stuff on it.

Apparently you get
rocket boots
later that will let you get past that area. I spent way too much time trying to figure it out haha.

So while playing local co-op with my wife I earned a trophy for getting Oddsock but she didn't... Smh. What's the the point in player 2 logging in if they can't earn trophies. I had the same issue with Lego Marvel..

Poona

So I while playing local co-op with my wife I earned a trophy for getting Oddsock but she didn't... Smh. What's the the point in player 2 logging in if they can't earn trophies. I had the same issue with Lego Marvel..

Wow. Another game that lets multiple players login to their psn accounts but won't give trophies to them? Far out.

Sony needs to sort this stuff out, especially when it is in their own ip like littlebigplanet is.

I still remember Sony talking up how great it is that multiple players could now login to their psn accounts with the ps4 (unlike ps3) and would get trophies like the 360 could. Yet I'm only aware of Diablo 3 doing this properly.

Probably cancelling my pre-order over this and instead will pick it up when they hopefully patch this issue.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Does anyone have a rough estimate on how long the story mode is if I just play it through straight? Excited to start this tonight, and am hoping to finish it by tomorrow evening

tch

Oh man. The more I mess around in create the more I can't wait to see what happens in the community. There are going to be some AWESOME hook hat levels (I'm getting some ideas for a boss fight.)

I wish there was a way to stay hooked on the rail without holding R1. Also, has anyone managed to create a circular track (several layers deep) with no breaks in it? I have a ring but the hook hat slightly gets hitched up where the two ends touch. This may be unavoidable as they aren't actually connected.

Also, has anyone managed to create a circular track (several layers deep) with no breaks in it? I have a ring but the hook hat slightly gets hitched up where the two ends touch. This may be unavoidable as they aren't actually connected.

Don't think it's possible.

The closest I got in the beta was raising the end so you drop back on the start point.

Just realized hardly any of us have posted pics of our Sackboy/Sackgirl

Post your costume!

ikLzwRA2i8fRT.jpg

Cynar

Wow. Another game that lets multiple players login to their psn accounts but won't give trophies to them? Far out.

Sony needs to sort this stuff out, especially when it is in their own ip like littlebigplanet is.

I still remember Sony talking up how great it is that multiple players could now login to their psn accounts with the ps4 (unlike ps3) and would get trophies like the 360 could. Yet I'm only aware of Diablo 3 doing this properly.

Probably cancelling my pre-order over this and instead will pick it up when they hopefully patch this issue.
Up to the developer. Lego games on 360 didn't let other players earn achievements. Lame as hell.

Teknoman

we were playing this for hours tonight and everybody loved it. We didn't really run into any bugs, so I have to wonder why the scores were as low as they were.

we were playing this for hours tonight and everybody loved it. We didn't really run into any bugs, so I have to wonder why the scores were as low as they were.

Awesome. You'll definitely run into some eventually but most of them are minor. Certainly not deserving of some of the score deductions.

Also does anyone know if it's possible to see whether or not youve cleared a level with no lives lost?

Awesome. You'll definitely run into some eventually but most of them are minor. Certainly not deserving of some of the score deductions.

Also does anyone know if it's possible to see whether or not youve cleared a level with no lives lost?

would you agree that the quality of this game is at least close to, if not on par with LBP1 & 2?

So it should've scored around the 80s. The first 2 games garnered critical acclaim. Oh well. I hope LBP4 is a masterpiece.

And yes, at the end of every level, look at the right column. It should tell you if you completed with no lives lost.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Recent scores seem to be noticeably higher than some of those that came out immediately. I don't know if that means anything though.

would you agree that the quality of this game is at least close to, if not on par with LBP1 & 2?

So it should've scored around the 80s. The first 2 games garnered critical acclaim. Oh well. I hope LBP4 is a masterpiece.

And yes, at the end of every level, look at the right column. It should tell you if you completed with no lives lost.

I definitely think it's the best in the series. And to be fair there are many scores in the 8s and 9s, the metacritic is a bit low because some prominent sites gave it lower scores and metacritic uses a weighting system that gives them more influence over the final score than other sites.

But yeah I don't care what reviews say this game is splendid.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I know this is a strange request / long shot, but anyone know any creators that can make sequencers or any published levels with music similar to stuff you'd hear in Muramasa, Shinobi series or Legend of the Mystical Ninja (classic Japanese music with a slightly modern twist at times)

Example of what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr4wol6vy2I
http://youtu.be/6VzdqsIp1M8

http://youtu.be/mfmpbTItmaE

http://youtu.be/-ZGOUEySBsM
http://youtu.be/JoDY1XgcoFg
http://youtu.be/hf2eEjdDNNU

LittleBigAudio is your friend:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckDnZ_UXGXhO0UbNjKNpig

Recent scores seem to be noticeably higher than some of those that came out immediately. I don't know if that means anything though.
it's not affected the metacritic, it's still a 79
I definitely think it's the best in the series. And to be fair there are many scores in the 8s and 9s, the metacritic is a bit low because some prominent sites gave it lower scores and metacritic uses a weighting system that gives them more influence over the final score than other sites.

But yeah I don't care what reviews say this game is splendid.

for the most part I don't care either but it's just that the general public and media won't take the game seriously if the reviews aren't at least generally positive.

and wow, I didn't know that's how MC worked. I thought it was an average of all the reviews, I didn't know it weighed some of the websites higher than others. Shit... IGN must be (maybe not the most reliable but sometimes unfortunately) the most trusted and refernced gaming site for news and reviews. That 6.8 really hurt.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just finished the main story. Decided to mostly just charge through because i'll need other characters to get hidden things later. Was very good, but did feel a bit short. Hoping Poppit puzzles and exploring will help flesh that out.

I was a bit disappointed that the different characters were quite isolated from each other - they have different levels and you don't switch between them really. I guess I was expecting more of a lost Vikings approach to things. Do you get the ability to switch instantly between them after finishing? (Still watching the end credits). If you have to work your way to that switch box in the hub worlds that could be frustrating for exploring.

Nice to see an old friend from 15 years ago worked on the game too :)

Btw, any tips on the air joust level? I can barely get 1000m with the banana, turbo and variius combos of glider/flapper/balloon

TimmiT

Can any devs lurking in here answer this for me: I got the game from US PSN while I live in Europe. When the DLC goes up in Europe, will I be able to download any DLC I previously bought with my normal (European) PSN account and use it with the US version of LittleBigPlanet 3?

Can any devs lurking in here answer this for me: I got the game from US PSN while I live in Europe. When the DLC goes up in Europe, will I be able to download any DLC I previously bought with my normal (European) PSN account and use it with the US version of LittleBigPlanet 3?
DLC is region locked to the version you bought, so you'd need to have the EU version of the game to use your EU DLC. It's been like this since LBP1 from what I remember.

Just finished the main story. Decided to mostly just charge through because i'll need other characters to get hidden things later. Was very good, but did feel a bit short. Hoping Poppit puzzles and exploring will help flesh that out.

I was a bit disappointed that the different characters were quite isolated from each other - they have different levels and you don't switch between them really. I guess I was expecting more of a lost Vikings approach to things. Do you get the ability to switch instantly between them after finishing? (Still watching the end credits). If you have to work your way to that switch box in the hub worlds that could be frustrating for exploring.

Nice to see an old friend from 15 years ago worked on the game too :)

Btw, any tips on the air joust level? I can barely get 1000m with the banana, turbo and variius combos of glider/flapper/balloon
Unfortunately no full on character switching after the of the game.

As for the joust level, the 6 slotted chassis with two balloons, a glider, and a turbo to use before you jump is a really efficient combination.

Do not know if you can answer, but is there more costume dlc in the making besides the MGS V pack?

Don't worry, there's lots of cool stuff coming. :)

depward

Played through this with unlocking and playing through most of the main game levels.

I think it was the weakest lbp entry I've played :( this includes even the psp version which I did like.

Reasons why:
  • I like the idea of introducing different characters with different skills but I can't switch freely and their ability needs are shoehorned into small sections (normally) of the level. I also felt like I was introduced to each character, played an exclusive level with them and then shelved using them until the last level where it was expected that I had their mechanics down pat.
  • I felt like this was the first lbp that has cheap sticker / costume bubble placement. In previous entries if I went through a level deliberately enough I'd get the lion share of the bubbles. This entry, there would be a slide with two bubbles on it, with no way of me grabbing both. It's almost forcing a play through in a cheap manner that rubbed me the wrong way. I did not feel like previous entries had this specific of "cheap" bubble placement. Yeah in "chase" levels you always have bubbles that are higher and those that are low but I'm not talking as about that type of placement.
  • Disliked the hub world concept. Liked the linear fashion of previous games.
  • Did not care for the soundtrack. Not a fan of older music and rather enjoy previous entries' music choices better. Also felt like a lot of instances were just silent with no music or very soft background music.
  • Each hub world was so "samey." Let's go collect marbles again?!

Looking forward to what the community pumps out as well as DLC but a little disappointed with the main game. I think the key word is "potential" especially when you're introducing new characters.

Jeels

As for the joust level, the 6 slotted chassis with two balloons, a glider, and a turbo to use before you jump is a really efficient combination.

Don't worry, there's lots of cool stuff coming. :)

Hello, can you assist me with downloading my Final Fantasy VII costumes?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Played through this with unlocking and playing through most of the main game levels.

I think it was the weakest lbp entry I've played :( this includes even the psp version which I did like.

Reasons why:
  • I like the idea of introducing different characters with different skills but I can't switch freely and their ability needs are shoehorned into small sections (normally) of the level. I also felt like I was introduced to each character, played an exclusive level with them and then shelved using them until the last level where it was expected that I had their mechanics down pat.
  • I felt like this was the first lbp that has cheap sticker / costume bubble placement. In previous entries if I went through a level deliberately enough I'd get the lion share of the bubbles. This entry, there would be a slide with two bubbles on it, with no way of me grabbing both. It's almost forcing a play through in a cheap manner that rubbed me the wrong way. I did not feel like previous entries had this specific of "cheap" bubble placement. Yeah in "chase" levels you always have bubbles that are higher and those that are low but I'm not talking as about that type of placement.
  • Disliked the hub world concept. Liked the linear fashion of previous games.
  • Did not care for the soundtrack. Not a fan of older music and rather enjoy previous entries' music choices better. Also felt like a lot of instances were just silent with no music or very soft background music.
  • Each hub world was so "samey." Let's go collect marbles again?!

Looking forward to what the community pumps out as well as DLC but a little disappointed with the main game. I think the key word is "potential" especially when you're introducing new characters.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with every single point you just made.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The problem is I downloaded the costume pack, and those don't seem to be available...

Ie, if you downloaded just the Cloud costume, you can transfer.

But if you downloaded the entire costume pack, you can't...

Oh, I see what you mean. Did you actually buy the pack or did you buy them separately? I had the same problem because I downloaded the Pirates pack one at a time and now it tells me I have to buy the pack, even though I can still get them for free individually. That was on the PS3 though.

TimmiT

DLC is region locked to the version you bought, so you'd need to have the EU version of the game to use your EU DLC. It's been like this since LBP1 from what I remember.

Ah, too bad. I guess I could get the European version when it's priced off a lot. Thanks for answering.

TripOpt55

I had more fun with this story mode than any other I think... that is while it lasted. I love the hubworlds, the new characters and the power-ups. They always seem to be throwing new ideas at you like floating in space or the Yeti level. But it is disappointingly short. I look forward to playing through again, but I can't believe there was not a couple more worlds. Looking forward to diving into the community stuff next.

Jeels

Oh, I see what you mean. Did you actually buy the pack or did you buy them separately? I had the same problem because I downloaded the Pirates pack one at a time and now it tells me I have to buy the pack, even though I can still get them for free individually. That was on the PS3 though.

I bought the pack, it is not letting me download them individually because I already bought the pack and "packs" aren't transferrable.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Ok, so in the positive side,that means all hub collectibles can be done with just a fully powered up sack boy, or the character you unlock in that hub.

Haven't unlocked a six slot chassis yet I think - only just got the flatiron which is 5.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

But in that case why does the the store not bring up the US store when I'm logged in with my UK PSN account?

Lrrr

I pre-ordered this from Best Buy but I can't find my 9 bonus costumes (Infamous, TLoU, etc.). In the LBP store it tells me those costumes are unlocked/already purchased, but I can't access them in my Popit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alszem

Correction, any game you were currently playing would have killed your hard drive. The drive was clearly already breaking and just happened to break while you were playing LBP3.

I've played a few different games in the last week and my console never crashed nor did it act weird. Since I got LBP3, my console has crashed a dozen times. Weird coincidence, I think.

I pre-ordered this from Best Buy but I can't find my 9 bonus costumes (Infamous, TLoU, etc.). In the LBP store it tells me those costumes are unlocked/already purchased, but I can't access them in my Popit.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the same situation. Transfered LBP 1 & 2 fine, but no dlc shows up, including a costume pack I purchased from the LBP3 in-game store. With all the talk of bugs, it's really hard to tell if the game is malfunctioning or I am.

Lrrr

I'm in the same situation. Transfered LBP 1 & 2 fine, but no dlc shows up, including a costume pack I purchased from the LBP3 in-game store. With all the talk of bugs, it's really hard to tell if the game is malfunctioning or I am.

I've avoided this thread because I want to experience the game fresh, so I didn't know there were reports of bugs with LBP3. Besides DLC, what other kind have there been?

I'm still missing my Marvel dlc, as well as all the custom costumes I made myself in the first game.

Top Bottom