• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Fucking crashed on me again. This time I was at Oddsock. Erased everything.

Everything.

I tried taking it back to Best Buy for a refund, but then I promptly forgot about the "no returns on opened items" policy in place. Hot damn. So I exchanged it for a new copy and tried again.

Four crashes, no save erase, but I'm shelving this game for a good long while if the save fucks up. I can't go through this again :(

That sucks man :(

Bugs are one thing but a bug/crash that erases progress is inexcusable. As someone who has no time or patience to replay things I would probably not find it possible to do that again. Might be a good idea to shelve it for the time being and just wait until all this is stabilized. Not sure what else to say...

Sweet merciful crap -- WEATHER MATERIALS!!!!!

How did I miss these?! You can make it rain ANY sticker you want! Hummina hummina hummina

Tricksy little devs's, keeping secrets from us.

SerTapTap

I'd pay extra for Ps Plus + which gives you 5 gb of storage.

I wouldn't even need 5GB if not for very few games that just hog >100MB to themselves. I have all of 3 levels, all from LBP1 which doesn't have nearly as large a save file, so I know they must be zero filling the save file or something

How did I miss these?! You can make it rain ANY sticker you want! Hummina hummina hummina

Oh that's clever

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Man, I can't wait to dig my fangs into create mode. I've been taking my sweet time with the story though. Just now starting book 3.

Also, if anyone wants to Co-op on PS4, my PSN is Ryuhza

Creaking

Are the packs you can buy worth it? The Marvel, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc. stuff? Or maybe I should ask what they are?

Yeah, they're pretty sweet, especially for the creative type. Bear in mind, the $2.99/$3.99 level kits only include create mode stuff (and stickers/decorations). The $5.99/6.99 premium level kits include a set of story levels and sometimes a free costume too. They often feature some new gameplay mechanic, though most have already been integrated into LBP3 by default (Pirates of the Caribbean introduced water, for instance. The Muppets had attract-o-gel and the attract-o-tweaker. The DC comics pack [one of the best for new content and level quality] had wall-jumping and a sweet gliding cape for sackboy).

However, from what I've read here and elsewhere, some of the level kits aren't entirely functional right now. Changes to the physics have broken a few bits and pieces, so purchase at your own risk.

edit: whoops, double post

hawk2025

I've played a few LBP2 levels where it seems like having more layers has... made the level have more layers!

It's strange, but I'm jumping on objects that I can only assume the creators meant to be background back in LBP2, but now are totally wrecking the level design :p

Just accessed lbp.me and queued a ton of levels. Man, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Is there a list yet of:

- The very very best of LBP2 levels
- The best levels of LBP3 so far
- Some of the overhead view/3D levels in LBP3

?

Korten

Banned
How do I make a 3D level? I can't figure out how to change the camera to look down at the level rather than at it's side.

Creaking

How do I make a 3D level? I can't figure out how to change the camera to look down at the level rather than at it's side.

It's not a camera change so much as it's a change in everything else. You want to rotate Sackboy to walk on the level's backdrop rather than it's floor.

Eggbok

So I just got LBP3 today and instantly wen't into Create Mode. Been making Cerebro for the last hour lol.
I love this game so much, so glad it exists!

B3ADwfuIMAAFC4N.jpg:large

So I just got LBP3 today and instantly wen't into Create Mode. Been making Cerebro for the last hour lol.

Holy shit that looks amazing!! Congrats.

Do you plan to make a whole level out of it? Or just doing it as an experiment?

Also does the door actually open or is it just a wall :p

The game arrived today, and I plan to start it this weekend.

The disc is loose in the case, so hopefully it's not scratched. Then again, it's likely not due to BR scratch resistance.

Eggbok

Haha! That's awesome.

Holy shit that looks amazing!! Congrats.

Do you plan to make a whole level out of it? Or just doing it as an experiment?

Also does the door actually open or is it just a wall :p

Thanks lol! c:

And a combo of all 13. I just wanted to make something that used all the layers for now. I totally want to make a full level with it but I can't decide if It should be a playable level or one of those movie ones. And those specific doors don't open, but they will! lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks for the suggestions guys, started making a level. Decided to think about mechanics first, and I decided to work around the sack pocket.

Problem is, I made something, and it worked as a pickup, but I did something and for some reason it doesn't work now. The blaster handle is on it, it's all one piece when captured and everything. It even shows up in the pedestal but when I run over it I can't pick it up. What's the deal?

The Marvel need in me loves this. Incredible work; can't wait to see what this turns into!

Creaking

Oh shit... I think I might need a tutorial on how to do that. D:

You might be able to grab some logic off of a community level that'll set it up for you. Doing it manually will take a broadcast microchip transmitting to your sackboy, and that microchip will need a rotation tweaker (positional, with a battery connected, I should think) with either the pitch, yaw or roll (can't remember which) set so that Sackboy's feet are touching the backdrop.

From there, it's just a matter of reconfiguring his controls with a controllinator, an advanced mover, an advanced in/out mover, and some kind of rotator--probably joystick. You'll want to experiment with values a bit to get the speed you're looking for. I think Sackboy's default run speed maxes out at about the same speed as 4.5 on a mover, but it's been a while since I checked.

I've not done 3D myself yet, so I'm just kind of imagining what it would take here.

So I just unlocked Oddsock and it's telling me to cross the bridge. Thing is, the area that once had a ramp to the bridge is now gone. There's an outline of a bridge, but nothing there. I've restarted five times and it's still the same.

Am I missing something?

So I just unlocked Oddsock and it's telling me to cross the bridge. Thing is, the area that once had a ramp to the bridge is now gone. There's an outline of a bridge, but nothing there. I've restarted five times and it's still the same.

Am I missing something?

Can you post a screenshot?

Can you post a screenshot?

Not really. PS3, so it's not easy to get a pic.

But above the challenge level with the diner, there was a ramp with some goodies for Oddsock. I remember the camera showing it to me again when he was unlocked, but now it's straight up gone. I think a whole layer disappeared.

I restarted the console in hopes that might help something. Gonna see if it worked in a second.

Edit: Nope. It's still gone. And it's the only way to start the next world.

Not really. PS3, so it's not easy to get a pic.

But above the challenge level with the diner, there was a ramp with some goodies for Oddsock. I remember the camera showing it to me again when he was unlocked, but now it's straight up gone. I think a whole layer disappeared.

I restarted the console in hopes that might help something. Gonna see if it worked in a second.

If restarting the console doesn't work the game installation might be corrupt. Would recommend deleting the game data (not your save data) and reinstalling it

Okay, gonna give it a shot. Hopefully it's not something that's now a part of my save. That would suck.

Back up your saves via USB just in case. There should be a profile as well as an adventure save (at least thats how it is on PS4)

Please dont blame me if something bad happens :(

EDIT: Yeah and that would suck if the glitch was part of your save, but that wouldn't make sense to me. It sounds like missing geometry in the level, your save shouldnt be recording that stuff. But who knows

J-Spot

I've played a few LBP2 levels where it seems like having more layers has... made the level have more layers!

It's strange, but I'm jumping on objects that I can only assume the creators meant to be background back in LBP2, but now are totally wrecking the level design :p
I noticed this too. I've only played a couple of LBP2 levels and the layer switching has been broken on each of them.

I'm so very confused by the jousting challenge. I get to 4000+, land... and it just sits there. I don't blow up, it doesn't mark my distance. Loaded and reloaded, etc.

Edit: Used a different chassis, only got 2300 but it counted it, so whatever I guess lol. Trying my best to accept the weird shit in this game.

Back up your saves via USB just in case. There should be a profile as well as an adventure save (at least thats how it is on PS4)

Please dont blame me if something bad happens :(

EDIT: Yeah and that would suck if the glitch was part of your save, but that wouldn't make sense to me. It sounds like missing geometry in the level, your save shouldnt be recording that stuff. But who knows

Nope, the area is still gone. Maybe I'm supposed to be doing something else. Where do you go right after unlocking Oddsock? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong spot.

Moodz

I have a question that might seem stupid, but I never had a ps3 and I know very little about LBP.
How big is the couch co-op in this game?
Can I play the whole campaign with my girlfriend? And the user levels?

Nope, the area is still gone. Maybe I'm supposed to be doing something else. Where do you go right after unlocking Oddsock? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong spot.

IIRC, it should be near the bottom/right part of the map. From the main spot where the 3 marble slots/oddsock are, you go to the right.

I'll take some screenshots once I get home

I have a question that might seem stupid, but I never had a ps3 and I know very little about LBP.
How big is the couch co-op in this game?
Can I play the whole campaign with my girlfriend? And the user levels?

Yep you can play every part of the game together in co-op, including community levels. However, I don't know if progress will save for both of you, probably just for the main profile that's logged in (so for example if she logged into the PS4 with her own profile and booted up the game, I don't know if everything you did together would be there)

IIRC, it should be near the bottom/right part of the map. From the main spot where the 3 marble slots/oddsock are, you go to the right.

I'll take some screenshots once I get home

That's what I thought. There's the climbable grate to the Diner level if you go down, and then a ramp for Oddsock. The ramp, and whatever bridge that's behind it, isn't there anymore though.

What the hell.

Moodz

Yep you can play every part of the game together in co-op, including community levels. However, I don't know if progress will save for both of you, probably just for the main profile that's logged in (so for example if she logged into the PS4 with her own profile and booted up the game, I don't know if everything you did together would be there)

Oh good! Thanks!
We've been missing some co-op games since the last Rayman...

That's what I thought. There's the climbable grate to the Diner level if you go down, and then a ramp for Oddsock. The ramp, and whatever bridge that's behind it, isn't there anymore though.

What the hell.

You could try getting in touch with donkey show I guess to see if he has suggestions. That sucks man, that's a game breaker right there.

Yeah its possible there's a horror level I tried where you can run around freely

Awesome, that's good to hear.

Just finished story mode. I still have a couple things to clear up, but yeah, this is absurdly short, even compared to the relatively short previous entries. I guess it mainly bugs me since it was so good, though, which I guess is kind of backhandedly a good thing? Anyway, clearly on board for the community levels so I guess it's not the end of the world, but it's still annoying.

You're a monster! :eek:

So apparently I can't play this or Farcry 4 on my PS4. No more room. Just ordered a 2TB HDD off amazon and will be playing this by the end of the month. 99$, at least the price for it was pretty good.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Awesome, that's good to hear.

Just finished story mode. I still have a couple things to clear up, but yeah, this is absurdly short, even compared to the relatively short previous entries. I guess it mainly bugs me since it was so good, though, which I guess is kind of backhandedly a good thing? Anyway, clearly on board for the community levels so I guess it's not the end of the world, but it's still annoying.

Are you including Popit Puzzles in the 'short'?

how do you make sackboy walk smoothly between layers like there's no layers?

You'll need:

-Broadcast microchip to all in range, infinite range.
-Controlinator set to receiver/nearest player.
- Advanced in/out mover connected to L Stick outputs.
- A shit-load of logic to get the animations to look right.

Everything goes on the Broadcast microchip. It takes a ton of work to get it right, I never could figure it out in the beta but there were a few that gave away their logic and it was just... o_O

I really wish it was simpler to do. Maybe it should have been a setting you flip in the options?

Are you including Popit Puzzles in the 'short'?

Nope, still haven't touched them. I know I still have those as well as a bit of cleanup left, but still, it's hard to look at what is kind of the "core" of the game, with the hub worlds and the credits rolling at the end and all, and not be disappointed that there isn't more of it.

This will certainly not be the end of my time with the game, I'm sure I'll be coming back and playing community levels from now until the next game comes out, I just can't believe the campaign wasn't a couple worlds longer.

Mailbox

Oh carp. I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting.

I know you can set character animation tweaked to override current animations, but does that include animations for equipped power ups?

Basically, can you use the new animation tweaker to swing a sword of point a gun towards or away from the screen?

You'll need:

-Broadcast microchip to all in range, infinite range.
-Controlinator set to receiver/nearest player.
- Advanced in/out mover connected to L Stick outputs.
- A shit-load of logic to get the animations to look right.

Everything goes on the Broadcast microchip. It takes a ton of work to get it right, I never could figure it out in the beta but there were a few that gave away their logic and it was just... o_O

I really wish it was simpler to do. Maybe it should have been a setting you flip in the options?
oh. lol i thought it was a simple flip of a switch or Off/On lol

Top Bottom