• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So for those who beat do you think we'll have another one? I really liked the game by the way :p

Depends on how well it sells I guess, and if the developers believe that there are still enough new ideas to be brought to the table. I suppose if it turns into a big game-changer (IE, 3D focus with backwards compatibility dropped) then that would be justification enough.

Personally, I'm excited enough just to see what premium level kits we get this time around. LittleBigPlanet has some of the best post-release support of any game outside. The DC Comics kit was one of the best level packs that the series has ever received (and a bit of a precursor to characters like Swoop [hero cape] and Oddsock [walljump]), and that came out less than a year ago; almost three years after LBP2 released.

But in that case why does the the store not bring up the US store when I'm logged in with my UK PSN account?
It tries to match your PSN with the region of the game, and if it doesn't match, nothing will appear

As for the DLC issues in general, we're working with PSN to get those handled as soon as we can. Again, apologies for the delay. >.<

depward

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with every single point you just made.
Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks. I do really like the core of lbp - I've purchased every entry and will continue to do so - just didn't care for the direction of the main game this entry.

Man... every piece of DLC is so tempting for this game. They.. all.. just.. look.. so.. cute..

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

I just want to buy all of them...

Creaking

Man... every piece of DLC is so tempting for this game. They.. all.. just.. look.. so.. cute..

Well, there are worse things to spend your money on :p

I'm just glad that the store now lets you see the costume models in 3D before you buy them. There are a couple with features that I really don't like, but wasn't able to see in the rendering for the icons, so I can avoid those. On the flip side, there are also a lot more that I think look absolutely great, and I'm much more likely to get them. I just wish we could see exactly what costume pieces each outfit comes with (as you can see when you actually do buy them and retrieve them from the store).

Something is definitely screwed up in my game; I can't earn end of level gifts even though I ace/get all the stuff. I just went through most of the story with sixaxes for the x2 stuff and he earned them but I didn't, even though it tells me I have 100% on the levels it does this to.

Also, I was hosting for the Two's a Crowd level and when we got to the end, she said we didn't collect any stickers, but they were all in my popit and I'd completed the level a few times before using them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It tries to match your PSN with the region of the game, and if it doesn't match, nothing will appear

As for the DLC issues in general, we're working with PSN to get those handled as soon as we can. Again, apologies for the delay. >.<

So I'm screwed? Or can I buy using my US account on the PSN store directly (not through the game)? And then play it using my UK account?

Something is definitely screwed up in my game; I can't earn end of level gifts even though I ace/get all the stuff. I just went through most of the story with sixaxes for the x2 stuff and he earned them but I didn't, even though it tells me I have 100% on the levels it does this to.

Also, I was hosting for the Two's a Crowd level and when we got to the end, she said we didn't collect any stickers, but they were all in my popit and I'd completed the level a few times before using them.

Even deleting the game data and reinstalling everything didn't fix it.

This blows.

Damn, this game is super buggy. Now parts of the Manglewood hub level don't load and I just fall through parts of the level. The car building level doesn't spawn the portal to start the race.

All that and my issues with not being rewarded the items when I do what's required, makes me feel that this could've used another couples months of development.

The beta had a lot of issues but I just chalked that up to it being a beta and they'd be taken care of, guess not. :/

Trying to play with a friend online, maybe it's our connection because otherwise I don't see how this made it out of beta :p

Anyone else lagging horribly and disconnecting two to three times per stage? Both me and my friend are experiencing it so it's not just my connection per se, but we do have the same ISP.

We're also getting some hilarious Sonic Boom level falling through the ground bugs.

Damn, this game is super buggy. Now parts of the Manglewood hub level don't load and I just fall through parts of the level. The car building level doesn't spawn the portal to start the race.

All that and my issues with not being rewarded the items when I do what's required, makes me feel that this could've used another couples months of development.

The beta had a lot of issues but I just chalked that up to it being a beta and they'd be taken care of, guess not. :/

Man that sounds awful. You're playing ps3 version right? I'm on PS4 and honestly haven't seen hardly any bugs in my 8 or 10 hours. But I'm scared that they're just waiting for me

Man that sounds awful. You're playing ps3 version right? I'm on PS4 and honestly haven't seen hardly any bugs in my 8 or 10 hours. But I'm scared that they're just waiting for me
Yeah, PS3.

My problem is probably not that common, as I've been looking around but haven't heard of others with the same issues.

I think I'm just going to delete my profile, start from scratch, and see if those same problems happen.

Creaking

Dang, I can't do the x4 area in Manglewood because every time I go into that level with more than two players (one is local), the game crashes furiously.

eliza0224

Yeah, PS3.

My problem is probably not that common, as I've been looking around but haven't heard of others with the same issues.

I think I'm just going to delete my profile, start from scratch, and see if those same problems happen.
I get that issue of not getting any end of level prizes when playing with another player online, and I'm on PS4. I keep the bubbles I get through the level just as you, too.

Only when I play alone I get the prizes.

I've had to stop playing, I keep getting knocked under the floor in certain levels and can only reset by hard-quitting out. Even the popit restart doesn't work. This is on PS4. Couple that with trophies not getting awarded, and rewards not showing up ... I'm hoping this is patched soon.

That, plus all the costume glitches (my Ratchet and Clank costumes show as owned, but are missing when I try to download from the store) and the completely missing astronaut costumes for the US store ... just super buggy.

I think this will be the last LBP I buy at launch. Starting to feel that way about almost all titles now ... this is definitely a bad year for quality control.

I wonder wat the sales figures for this game is going to be.

Don't know, it's not going to chart on NPD and a lot of its sales will come from the black friday bundles. We probably won't know sales figures for a while unless Sony decides to give them. My guess is that it should be good for at least 1 million down the stretch, if it sells anything like LBP 1 and 2

Qwark

Reasons why:
  • I like the idea of introducing different characters with different skills but I can't switch freely and their ability needs are shoehorned into small sections (normally) of the level. I also felt like I was introduced to each character, played an exclusive level with them and then shelved using them until the last level where it was expected that I had their mechanics down pat.
  • I felt like this was the first lbp that has cheap sticker / costume bubble placement. In previous entries if I went through a level deliberately enough I'd get the lion share of the bubbles. This entry, there would be a slide with two bubbles on it, with no way of me grabbing both. It's almost forcing a play through in a cheap manner that rubbed me the wrong way. I did not feel like previous entries had this specific of "cheap" bubble placement. Yeah in "chase" levels you always have bubbles that are higher and those that are low but I'm not talking as about that type of placement.
  • Disliked the hub world concept. Liked the linear fashion of previous games.
  • Did not care for the soundtrack. Not a fan of older music and rather enjoy previous entries' music choices better. Also felt like a lot of instances were just silent with no music or very soft background music.
  • Each hub world was so "samey." Let's go collect marbles again?!

1) Agreed, I would've liked more levels showcasing the different characters, both together and separate. Swoop's world felt disappointingly short.

2) Also, agreed. I'm going to replay all of the levels again anyway, but having them split up into two different paths is annoying and a bit cheap.

3) I love the Hub Worlds. The old map style always seemed cluttered and unintuitive to me. The new layout makes it feel like it's an actual world with actual (a couple) inhabitants.

4) Disagree. I got a kick out of the 50's diner music, especially "Tan Shoes with the Pink Shoelaces". The music just seemed to fit the levels so well. None of the songs beat my old favorite (Battles - Atlas), but I did find myself shazaming a couple of them. Casiokis, Togens Hule was one I never would've heard of, but I really enjoyed it. All of the LBP games have had phenomenal music (Tearaway too), I don't know who is picking the songs out, but they are doing a great job.

5) I guess I can kind of see this. They all kind of have the slides and jump pads in the same spot. And the whole marble thing is kinda silly, there didn't really seem to be any justification except that they really like marbles. And what's with Swoop only getting two marbles? I did like the unique aesthetic they came up with for each hub though. The whole look and feel of the game was extremely charming, kudos for that.

I'm not sure where I would rank this game. The new features alone, usable items, new layers, new characters/skills should easily make it the best game. But it's got a couple issues holding it back still and honestly I was disappointed with the length.

If anybody at Sumo is reading this, please separate the "grab" and "use items" button. It's so annoying trying to use an item but you're too close to another character so you just grab them instead. I think the L1 button would be a suitable alternative.

So for those who beat do you think we'll have another one? I really liked the game by the way :p

There's definitely going to be another one. It's Sony's most successful family-friendly franchise, they're not going to let it end just because it's selling a little slow. I still think it'll sell pretty well though. LBP2 had some serious legs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've had to stop playing, I keep getting knocked under the floor in certain levels and can only reset by hard-quitting out. Even the popit restart doesn't work. This is on PS4. Couple that with trophies not getting awarded, and rewards not showing up ... I'm hoping this is patched soon.

That, plus all the costume glitches (my Ratchet and Clank costumes show as owned, but are missing when I try to download from the store) and the completely missing astronaut costumes for the US store ... just super buggy.

I think this will be the last LBP I buy at launch. Starting to feel that way about almost all titles now ... this is definitely a bad year for quality control.
Getting really afraid for this same reason.. all of these horror stories making me scared to touch the game in fear of losing my save or progress.

I hope a patch comes soon.

Don't know, it's not going to chart on NPD and a lot of its sales will come from the black friday bundles. We probably won't know sales figures for a while unless Sony decides to give them. My guess is that it should be good for at least 1 million down the stretch, if it sells anything like LBP 1 and 2

The first one sold 4.5 million by the end of 2010, which ain't bad but it is a shame these games don't do +5 million quicker. It is a great playstation franchise, and it's unique to the platform.

jwk94

MY GOD! I played the demo today at gamestop and fell in love. I'm so glad they fixed the jumping mechanic. How often do you get to play as the cat thing that can wall jump?

Oh and are there any good BF deals on this?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can people make levels containing items from LBP 1&2 in prize bubbles so that people that didn't play them can still collect them? I was wondering if I could do that to transfer my items from my US PSN account (which has completed LBP 1&2), to my UK PSN account which hasn't.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can people make levels containing items from LBP 1&2 in prize bubbles so that people that didn't play them can still collect them? I was wondering if I could do that to transfer my items from my US PSN account (which has completed LBP 1&2), to my UK PSN account which hasn't.

I think it's only possible with levels that are using the God Glitch but that's dodgy and I wouldn't advise using them.

Creaking

So... did they really just add a couple of drums and a ukelele to the music sequencer? I wonder why they were so quiet about it then?

J-Spot

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where Sackboy will randomly warp ahead slightly? It happened to me several times in the level where you first get the roller hat especially when moving quickly on the rails. It made acing the level a pain. This is on the PS4 version of the game.

I get that issue of not getting any end of level prizes when playing with another player online, and I'm on PS4. I keep the bubbles I get through the level just as you, too.

Only when I play alone I get the prizes.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where Sackboy will randomly warp ahead slightly? It happened to me several times in the level where you first get the roller hat especially when moving quickly on the rails. It made acing the level a pain. This is on the PS4 version of the game.

For once i'm glad the uk got the game late, no way i am buying this now.
I was looking forward to this game as captain toad was delayed until January.
not only is it the most expensive game on the ps4 but it's also one of the shortest story campaigns and it's filled with bugs and problems, are they charging more money for more bugs?
this is definitely a bad year for quality control.
I couldn't agree with you more

DryvBy

I keep trying to save clips but is there a way to stop a clip instead of waiting the 15 minutes? I wanted to upload some footage and then footage from another level.

The problem is when I double-press the share button, it starts recording. I want to stop it after 5 minutes and pick another recording up whenever I'm ready. When I double-press the share button in the middle of a record, it just overwrites the footage with the newer footage.

I keep trying to save clips but is there a way to stop a clip instead of waiting the 15 minutes? I wanted to upload some footage and then footage from another level.

The problem is when I double-press the share button, it starts recording. I want to stop it after 5 minutes and pick another recording up whenever I'm ready. When I double-press the share button in the middle of a record, it just overwrites the footage with the newer footage.

double tap once to start recording. then hold the share button* and it should stop it then. i'm sure there's another way, that's what i've been doing.

*That's if you set the hold share button to go to the upload page.

DryvBy

double tap once to start recording. then hold the share button* and it should stop it then. i'm sure there's another way, that's what i've been doing.

*That's if you set the hold share button to go to the upload page.

Perfect! I'll try that when I get home. I wish during a manual record, you could pause with the share button. I don't need to record load screens.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

if you have the playstation camera or a headset plugged in, you can use 'playstation start video clip' and 'playstation save video clip' for custom length recordings.

Are the bugs really THAT bad? :/

People's experiences seem to vary. Someone in here had the game corrupt their save data a few times which actually meant they had to start from scratch.

I've played 8-10 hours on PS4 and have encountered only 1 or 2 minor bugs that weren't a big deal at all.

Had this pre-ordered, but today cancelled it, glad this comes out later in the UK, developers shouldn't be rewarded for pushing out games with bugs this bad at launch and then not even patching them until over a week later.

If and when the majority of the bugs get fixed I may revist buying the game.

nullpoynter

Excuse me if this has already been asked... I never played the first two LBP games, but I'm interested in picking up LBP3. Is there any way to play through the story from the first two games? Are they available to purchase as DLC? If not, do you think there is any chance they may add this down the road?

delSai

People's experiences seem to vary. Someone in here had the game corrupt their save data a few times which actually meant they had to start from scratch.

I've played 8-10 hours on PS4 and have encountered only 1 or 2 minor bugs that weren't a big deal at all.

For a second i was thinking about preordering a different Game because of some posts here, but i'll keep LBP3, i love the Series too much to pass on it. And i'm 100% sure donkey show and the other People at Sumo will fix all the problems :p

Top Bottom