• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

For a second i was thinking about preordering a different Game because of some posts here, but i'll keep LBP3, i love the Series too much to pass on it. And i'm 100% sure donkey show and the other People at Sumo will fix all the problems :p

Awesome. It's my favourite in the series and I really hope everyone who's interested gives it a shot. It's extremely accessible and I can't imagine any person playing this and not having a smile on their face the whole time.

Ledhead

Only played a bit so far with my gf, but we had a lot of fun with it as usual. Will be a good game to coop with her over the holidays

Deadstar

Excuse me if this has already been asked... I never played the first two LBP games, but I'm interested in picking up LBP3. Is there any way to play through the story from the first two games? Are they available to purchase as DLC? If not, do you think there is any chance they may add this down the road?

I don't believe it's been answered yet but everyone is asking for it. The campaign for 3 is probably the shortest of all the games so it really makes sense to allow people to play the LBP1 and 2 levels either free or for a small price.

Is there a Santa hat item/DLC?

Sackboys.jpg

http://littlebigplanet.playstation.com/downloadable_content_items/962

hope it pops up in december. dont think it's on the sen store due to seasonal thing.

and yes. edited this post more than 5 times lol.

tch

I am missing several tools in create. I am missing the player sensor, the grab sensor, and the sticker sensor that I can think of. Edit: also the state sensor

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix or am I just missing something obvious?

On another note, we're livestreaming at 8PM GMT tonight with some co-op, some create mode focus, and interactive live stream sensor fun.

http://www.twitch.tv/littlebigplanettv

Sounds awesome!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I am missing several tools in create. I am missing the player sensor, the grab sensor, and the sticker sensor that I can think of. Edit: also the state sensor

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix or am I just missing something obvious?

Sounds awesome!

Do you have Advanced create mode enabled? If you aren't sure, check your settings in the pause menu.

Is there any way to reset the dualshocks gyroscope for this game? The way I hold the controller has my character facing up slightly all the time and its annoying. Looked in the settings and didn't see anything. Or even turn it off for that matter.

Creaking

Is there any way to reset the dualshocks gyroscope for this game? The way I hold the controller has my character facing up slightly all the time and its annoying. Looked in the settings and didn't see anything. Or even turn it off for that matter.

For me it happens automatically after a few seconds. I hold my controller with a slightly downward tilt, and while I often catch my character staring at his feet, if I wait for a few seconds, they'll quickly center themselves around the new controller position.

Still, I wish it were as easy as recalibrating when doing gyroscope typing with the DS4. That's snappy!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
will you be creating something uber amazing? you should try to show us how to make a seamless 16 layer field. lol.

You should check to see if Alex's free 3D give away is still there. I got in in the beta and opened it up. After nearly having a heart attack, I thought there no way I'm going to be able to use this. But out of interest, I put down a broadcasting chip, set it to sackboy, put Alex's logic on it and BAM, instant full 3D movement. GO GET IT!

It's Alex (with a number) but I can't remember that number. Perhaps a search for Alex would be enough. You want the latest version which has fully 3D movement for all the characters, including swimming in 3D.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just tried buying a couple of characters on the US store (animal from the muppets and ape escape), and they do appear when I play with my UK PSN save. So although I'll have to buy DLC from the US store I can at least use it with my main account.

Tried the US PSN an account and imported all the LBP1&2 content. So much stuff I'm missing. I think at some point I'll dig out my PS3, start LBP1 and play through LBP2 to get the content into LBP3

nullpoynter

I don't believe it's been answered yet but everyone is asking for it. The campaign for 3 is probably the shortest of all the games so it really makes sense to allow people to play the LBP1 and 2 levels either free or for a small price.

You wouldn't think it would be too difficult to release those previous levels seeing how there is compatibility with previous user made levels already. I'm keeping my fingers crossed... Will I be lost in the latest story if I didn't play the previous games?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How do you be a different character in local co-op?

My girlfriend wants to be oddsock but when we go to a world she is defaulted to sack boy. Any help?

Also, why doesn't she have access to the same costume pieces as me?

How do you be a different character in local co-op?

My girlfriend wants to be oddsock but when we go to a world she is defaulted to sack boy. Any help?

Also, why doesn't she have access to the same costume pieces as me?
Story levels? Entry point is hard set for sackboy only unless there's a changing portal.

You wouldn't think it would be too difficult to release those previous levels seeing how there is compatibility with previous user made levels already. I'm keeping my fingers crossed... Will I be lost in the latest story if I didn't play the previous games?

I played through all the dlc levels except the Move pack and the new changes mess up quite a lot of things. I doubt the old levels could all be completed, they'd probably have to remake them all.

So... you can't earn anything if you use a second controller for the x2 stuff? And if you do it screws up your profile so you can't earn anything else at all? That's what happened to me on my 2nd profile and I'm pretty sure the same thing screwed up my 1st.

After getting everything except the multiplayer stuff (again), I played the Airship level using another controller as guest, got the x2 stuff, finished and it showed 100% but didn't give me the items and left the slots blank in the menu. So I tried another level and waited for someone to join, got the stuff, yada yada yada... I got fucking nothing.

What the fuck?

Creaking

So... you can't earn anything if you use a second controller for the x2 stuff? And if you do it screws up your profile so you can't earn anything else at all? That's what happened to me on my 2nd profile and I'm pretty sure the same thing screwed up my 1st.

After getting everything except the multiplayer stuff (again), I played the Airship level using another controller as guest, got the x2 stuff, finished and it showed 100% but didn't give me the items and left the slots blank in the menu. So I tried another level and waited for someone to join, got the stuff, yada yada yada... I got fucking nothing.

What the fuck?

I was able to use a second controller for most of the x2 sections just fine (PS4, physical version).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just bought a copy of LBP1 for £4 purely for the unlock. Can trade it back in for £1 or I can pass it on to a gaffer that wants to unlock stuff in LBP3 (UK version but assume it'll work across Europe?)

Creaking

So what are your favorite uses of licensed music in the game? I'm betting a lot will give the nod to the 50s tunes in Shake Rattle & Roll and the zero gravity level (for good reason), but I really liked the music in Swoop's first level.

It can be said of just about any LBP, but dang, this game had good music.

dano1

A Sheep
They need to fix the profile save for this game!! Half of my online storage used for my progress. WTF. I thought maybe it was the transfer for all of my stickers and things from 1 and 2 so I deleted it and started fresh. Still over 500 MB. And now my system won't save the profile online because I'm out of space!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So what are your favorite uses of licensed music in the game? I'm betting a lot will give the nod to the 50s tunes in Shake Rattle & Roll and the zero gravity level (for good reason), but I really liked the music in Swoop's first level.

It can be said of just about any LBP, but dang, this game had good music.

My personal favourite is the one used in El Jeffe's Swoop quest room. Utterly blissful!

wouwie

I pre-ordered the game yesterday. The shortness of the campaign and the bug reports made me hesitate in buying but i want to support the franchise and these type of games (of which there aren't nearly enough being made). I guess the best thing to do at this point is wait until there is a patch before i start playing?

Also, since multiple people in this thread have asked about retro-fitting the story levels from LBP 1&2, i wonder if there would be a way to get the message across to Sony or the developers? It makes so much sense that it would be a shame not to do it.

The Lamp

I have been unable to download shit from the store. Is week 1 dlc available and to download? Couldn't get it to work at launch.

I have everything from the story mode, FINALLY! Well, I assume so; Manglewood and Bunkum Lagoon still show 99% overall but each individual level is 100% with everything unlocked -- Ziggurat is 78% quest completion but it's from the bugged Bear level and Tutu Tango, which shows 0% but I don't even think has a quest associated with it. I guess those will have to be patched.

I'm also pretty sure what was screwing up my profile; whenever I would use a second controller, the game would somehow think my main account was a guest and would save it that way, preventing me from earning anything else, even when I played alone and after restarting the game. I had to delete my profile, do every x1 thing possible, then invite a friend and get all the x2/4 stuff, because you don't earn anything if you're not the host.

Even better is that I was able to get all my LBP1/2 stuff imported as well. Now all I have left is the Don't Go Alone trophy, but I'll wait to attempt that until the second controller stuff is fixed.

Huh, that's really odd, but glad to hear things have worked out!

So what's everyone working on? ^^

I have no idea where to start -- there's sooooo much to fiddle with. I have ideas for 2 adventures but they'd take a long time to complete, so I think I'll see if I can come up with anything for a stand-alone level.

Btw, what are the requirements for the Don't Go Alone trophy, the description is kind of vague. Do you have to play through every level and side-level and watch the cutscenes?

Creaking

Waiting for my LBP2 and DLC content to get patched in :F

Actually, I only finished the main story just the other day. I've still got to do that x4 level (game keeps crashing whenever I bring more than one other player to Manglewood :( )and the pop-it academy, but then I'll be onto creating in full force. I did make some neat stuff out of the ice material and poked around the new tools a bit though.

I think I'll be working on my big LBP2 project "Clueless" first off. I actually started my first version of the level only a few months after LBP2's release (I published that version in it's unfinished form--along with some other unfinished LBP2 junk--a few days ago), but the logic got too messy and I didn't really know where I wanted to take it. I started a new version of the level shortly after Gamescom, hoping to get a prologue sort of thing done in LBP2 before 3's release, but I got caught up with college work and that didn't quite pan out. It's a bit of a shame, 'cause I was doing a lot of unusual design stuff to augment Sackboy's movement without making him into a Sackbot (because he had to interact with water.) Now with LBP3, that stuff is pretty darn easy to do and much less impressive. :(

Anyway, it's going to be set on this cool foggy island, which I'm hoping to have exist as a sort of hub level, though larger than the ones in LBP3. Should be fun, but I need some of my old materials back before I can touch my work-in-progress for LBP2.

Hey donkey show, is it possible for certain costume pieces to be changed through updates? It's understandable that Sackboy doesn't have as many new outfits as previous games, what with having the pool split between his new compatriots, but the sheer number of torso costume pieces that can't be worn with waist costume pieces concerns me. My Sackboy is typically a classy hornless red devil, but I can't use most of the new torso bits on him 'cause they can't be worn with the devil tail. I can understand limiting the items that can be worn together in a couple of instances, but a lot of these torso pieces hardly even or don't even touch the waist area. Plus, there are many older costume pieces that cause just as many/even more parts that clip through each other when worn together, but there aren't any restrictions on those, and they look fine for the most part. I'm generally not a fan of forced restrictions like that. Allow the player to decide what kind of clipping looks too bad to deal with, you know?

I know it's far far far from the top of the issues to address with the game right now, but I think it's something you guys ought to consider. I don't know what goes into programming the LBP costumes, but removing a restriction like that doesn't seem like it should be too difficult.

Just bought a copy of LBP1 for £4 purely for the unlock. Can trade it back in for £1 or I can pass it on to a gaffer that wants to unlock stuff in LBP3 (UK version but assume it'll work across Europe?)

How does the unlock work? Do you have to insert the LBP disc into your ps4 or something?

I have no idea where to start -- there's sooooo much to fiddle with. I have ideas for 2 adventures but they'd take a long time to complete, so I think I'll see if I can come up with anything for a stand-alone level.

Btw, what are the requirements for the Don't Go Alone trophy, the description is kind of vague. Do you have to play through every level and side-level and watch the cutscenes?

Redo that castle level you made in the beta ^^

And as for the trophy, it's every level.

Waiting for my LBP2 and DLC content to get patched in :F

Actually, I only finished the main story just the other day. I've still got to do that x4 level (game keeps crashing whenever I bring more than one other player to Manglewood :( )and the pop-it academy, but then I'll be onto creating in full force. I did make some neat stuff out of the ice material and poked around the new tools a bit though.

I think I'll be working on my big LBP2 project "Clueless" first off. I actually started my first version of the level only a few months after LBP2's release (I published that version in it's unfinished form--along with some other unfinished LBP2 junk--a few days ago), but the logic got too messy and I didn't really know where I wanted to take it. I started a new version of the level shortly after Gamescom, hoping to get a prologue sort of thing done in LBP2 before 3's release, but I got caught up with college work and that didn't quite pan out. It's a bit of a shame, 'cause I was doing a lot of unusual design stuff to augment Sackboy's movement without making him into a Sackbot (because he had to interact with water.) Now with LBP3, that stuff is pretty darn easy to do and much less impressive. :(

Anyway, it's going to be set on this cool foggy island, which I'm hoping to have exist as a sort of hub level, though larger than the ones in LBP3. Should be fun, but I need some of my old materials back before I can touch my work-in-progress for LBP2.

Hey donkey show, is it possible for certain costume pieces to be changed through updates? It's understandable that Sackboy doesn't have as many new outfits as previous games, what with having the pool split between his new compatriots, but the sheer number of torso costume pieces that can't be worn with waist costume pieces concerns me. My Sackboy is typically a classy hornless red devil, but I can't use most of the new torso bits on him 'cause they can't be worn with the devil tail. I can understand limiting the items that can be worn together in a couple of instances, but a lot of these torso pieces hardly even or don't even touch the waist area. Plus, there are many older costume pieces that cause just as many/even more parts that clip through each other when worn together, but there aren't any restrictions on those, and they look fine for the most part. I'm generally not a fan of forced restrictions like that. Allow the player to decide what kind of clipping looks too bad to deal with, you know?

I know it's far far far from the top of the issues to address with the game right now, but I think it's something you guys ought to consider. I don't know what goes into programming the LBP costumes, but removing a restriction like that doesn't seem like it should be too difficult.
It's something we can look into for sure. As for your level, at least it'll be easier to mess around with Sackboy's movement even more than before. ^^
How does the unlock work? Do you have to insert the LBP disc into your ps4 or something?
No, you need to play LBP1 on your PS3 online and your profile will see that you've done so. Then you can go back to your PS4 version of LBP3 and hit the import LBP1 stuff.

Creaking

It's something we can look into for sure. As for your level, at least it'll be easier to mess around with Sackboy's movement even more than before. ^^

I'm very pleased to hear that! I'm not even that much of a costume aficionado, but silly little restrictions like that have always felt bothersome. If only the SoulCalibur developers were as close to the community. :(

Yeah, I think I might have multiple playable characters with unique controls and abilities. Above all, I want to give the level/level series a respectable story. I like to do a lot of writing as a hobby, and I see no reason why LittleBigPlanet levels need to have silly throwaway plots. I'm not going to write a murder mystery here or anything, but I want to have three-dimensional characters and a decently engaging plot. With enough effort (and I know how to do effort) and mastery of the new tools, I think I can pull it off. As long as I can keep it from becoming too ambitious of a venture. That's... uh, that's been a problem in the past.

The Lamp

Couldn't and cannot find it. Couldn't find it in the LBP3 store or on the PS4 store (at launch and now) or here on the weblink now.
I guess it's probably gone now. So much for Day 1/Week 1 content that never worked for me :(

I'm on the PS4 version btw of LBP3 (I own LBP1 and LBP2, was a beta tester for 1 and I think 2, had both since launch).

EDIT: NOW I found it on the website. It only showed up if I filtered "free" content, but now it says unavailable -_- ugh. fuck.

I guess a lot of the DLC doesn't work yet on PS4, either, because it says I can't download my Team Ico DLC to the PS4, etc.

Wil348

Does anyone in EU need a SharePlay partner? I don't have the game yet and won't be getting it until Christmas, so not only could I help out with co op puzzles but I would get to try the game before I get it.

My PSN is "Wil348-" if anyone is interested. :)

So are there any 3D community levels yet? I want to see how it works.

Also, is there a list of good community levels to try out? Outside of the featured ones, it seems that they are hard to find.

tch

Is there a way to make a sackbot drown? It seems a little strange that they can swim but don't have an "able to drown" setting

I guess I can create a system with a meter that is reset when the bot reaches air or bubbles but man I hope to avoid that

Edit: Even the gameplay tweaker has the option greyed out when placed on a sackbot... Really frustrating

Does anyone in EU need a SharePlay partner? I don't have the game yet and won't be getting it until Christmas, so not only could I help out with co op puzzles but I would get to try the game before I get it.

My PSN is "Wil348-" if anyone is interested. :)

Not in EU (Canada) but would be willing to try shareplay. Not sure how playable it would be for you due to the distance but feel free to add me on PSN - zeroskater18

So are there any 3D community levels yet? I want to see how it works.

Also, is there a list of good community levels to try out? Outside of the featured ones, it seems that they are hard to find.

The filter options are pretty good, you can filter community levels to only show LBP3 then sort by rating.

Iorv3th

Anyone know when they will fix the popit framerate glitch? Apparently can't have more than 8 screenshots saved to your hard drive or it freezes up for a few seconds. Really not wanting to play this game until that is fixed.

The Lamp

I'm trying to animate a particle whizzing around in a confined space and bumping off surfaces it collides with. Any idea on how to do the logic for this? I'm trying to animate a simple molecule.

I got part of the way....I thought about using a couple of randomizers to trigger inputs for the advanced motion tweaker (so it moves left/right up/down) and to trigger inputs for the rotater. This makes sense because molecules move around randomly.

But I can't figure out how to get it to sense it's colliding with something and then to collide back in an opposite direction.

Also, what causes objects to just destroy themselves? I had a version of this molecule going very fast, and it crashed into its walls until it made the "break" noise and broke apart and disappeared.

Teknoman

Already posted, but since i've thought the levels through just abit more:

Sackboy no bōken - Favor of the God Beasts

Action platformer with a somewhat loose Japanese myth spin.

Stages:

Stage 1: Kunren Village
Stage 2: Hogo-sha forest
Stage 3: Abyssal den
Stage 4: Raven's rest
Stage 5: Nekketsu crevice
Stage 6: Kodai sands
Stage 7: Mount Akarui
stage 8: Lord Fumatsu's fortress

Of course I still need to finish the main story adventure, and learn how to many different weapons from the blaster handle along with how to make enemies die / have a life meter deplete with said weapons.

And of course, music tracks for each of the areas. Sucks that some of the little big audio channel tracks dont seem to be available in levels as presents.

With the advent of adventures (heh) i'm probably gonna shelf my old ideas.

Top Bottom