• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

That sinking feeling when the game crashes out and you go back in wondering if your save will still be intact or not... Also it looks like I've taken enough screenshots of the game now that my popit is starting to freak out again. I'm halfway tempted to just come back to the game once it's patched. I've had such an extreme back-and-forth with LBP3. On the one hand it has some of the best stuff the franchise has seen, on the other hand it's light on (authored) content and plagued by technical issues.

Hah, so I was paranoid about having my save etc corrupted and decided to back it up on USB.

47 minutes remaining. Dat 500 MB + slow ass transfer speed o_O

Just came to say I'm loving the game so far!

By far the best LBP to date. Even better than the vita version. And dat music!!

Glad someone else is enjoying it :) Despite the problems it really is my favourite. Such a refreshing change of pace from all the super serious titles I've played lately.

DirtyLarry

So I was going to hold off on picking LBP 3 up not because I am not interested in playing the game, I just have an insane backlog, and if there was one game that I think holding off will actually be beneficial it is this one, as the longer I hold off, the more brilliant UGC will be available.

Thing is GameStop is selling the Plushie edition for the same price as the normal version. $59.99. Does anyone have it and if so how is the quality on the 6" SackBoy?

GravyButt

Man I want to play this so bad. Have had it downloaded and staring at me since Tuesday. My wife refuses to let me play without her (her favorite game) but we havent had time at all this week.

Ahhh fuck it, im posting this and playing it. Ill figure out how to delete the save file haha.

Man I want to play this so bad. Have had it downloaded and staring at me since Tuesday. My wife refuses to let me play without her (her favorite game) but we havent had time at all this week.

Ahhh fuck it, im posting this and playing it. Ill figure out how to delete the save file haha.

Just create a new guest profile and play it on that :D

GravyButt

Just create a new guest profile and play it on that :D

oooo! i didnt think of that! The f is wrong with me, I feel guilty. Like im cheating on her haha. Literally staring at it right now on my screen, pondering if its worth the wrath if she finds out (not really a wrath, but a disappointment) or just jump back on gta v and beat up some hookers haha

Rated-G

So I was going to hold off on picking LBP 3 up not because I am not interested in playing the game, I just have an insane backlog, and if there was one game that I think holding off will actually be beneficial it is this one, as the longer I hold off, the more brilliant UGC will be available.

Thing is GameStop is selling the Plushie edition for the same price as the normal version. $59.99. Does anyone have it and if so how is the quality on the 6" SackBoy?

It's about the same quality if not slightly worse than the plush that was included in the LBP2 Collector's Edition

TripOpt55

I am loving the story mode. The Yeti level was so neat. The new air dash boots are awesome. So many levels have new mechanics to mess with. And the hub worlds are an excellent addition. What an exceedingly clever game this has been so far. I wish I had the time, patience or talent for creating levels because this game has so many potentially awesome routes to take there. I can't wait to see what the community comes up with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I placed a material multiple layers at once and now want to cut a door hole in it, but every time I use triangle to cut a hole in it, it cuts all of the layers instead of just the oneI'm selecting. How do you get it to only cut that layer? Can't use the Slice 'N Dice tool either because it has curved corners.

Video coming soon.

So I placed a material multiple layers at once and now want to cut a door hole in it, but every time I use triangle to cut a hole in it, it cuts all of the layers instead of just the oneI'm selecting. How do you get it to only cut that layer? Can't use the Slice 'N Dice tool either because it has curved corners.

Video coming soon.
You can't have something 3 layers deep and cut out the middle part, you have to have 3 separate layers.

Teknoman

Video coming soon.

Thats what i'm wondering too. Makes small internal large layer spaces kinda hard.

You can't have something 3 layers deep and cut out the middle part, you have to have 3 separate layers.

Hmm...I guess its always been like that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aw, that's unfortunate. Guess everything has to be done layer-by-layer from the start.

Thats what i'm wondering too. Makes small internal large layer spaces kinda hard.
Yeah, I guess you have to work from the inside in rather than out. Causes a bit more work in most cases, but oh well.

Here's what I made today. Playing around with a bunch of things like sackbot logic, contextual lighting, randomizing imputs to get flickering lightbulbs, etc.

...currently knocking down the right wall to put a door in D;

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When you finish the main story mode, can you more easily switch characters in a level? There are lots of areas I can't seem to reach and I'm assuming I'll need different characters to get to, so am I better off just zooming through the basic campaign and leaving the exploration until a second playthrough when I've unlocked everyone?

I need a tiny USB stick that I can leave in the PS4 discreetly. Anyone got any recommendations?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
When you finish the main story mode, can you more easily switch characters in a level? There are lots of areas I can't seem to reach and I'm assuming I'll need different characters to get to, so am I better off just zooming through the basic campaign and leaving the exploration until a second playthrough when I've unlocked everyone?

Possibly. You definitely need some later power-ups for getting 100% on several levels.

Poona

Are the Hidden Animals and Mythical Creatures DLC packs available for separate purchase?

I'm in Australia and was unable to get these with my pre-order so wondering if they're available for separate purchase in the US as well and hopefully weren't just created as pre-order dlc for specific stores.

Caelestis

Need some advice on importing stuff from previous games. When I selected LBP option it got all the stuff from first game, but when I select LBP2 button it still seems to import the first game. Pretty sure I got my LBP2 save on plus uploaded. Any suggestions?

fernoca

I need a tiny USB stick that I can leave in the PS4 discreetly. Anyone got any recommendations?
The Sandisk Cruzer are the smallest ones I've seen and own. Go up to like 64GB and size is ..just the USB.

ohaCEch.jpg

Need some advice on importing stuff from previous games. When I selected LBP option it got all the stuff from first game, but when I select LBP2 button it still seems to import the first game. Pretty sure I got my LBP2 save on plus uploaded. Any suggestions?
First game's stuff is related to just playing the game.

Secong game's stuff is related to the pins you earned by playing the story mode. Check lbp.me, or the pins in LBP3 to see which pins you have.

Also try the "merge profiles" option.

I was unable to import or unlock anything but the merging worked.

Caelestis

First game's stuff is related to just playing the game.

Secong game's stuff is related to the pins you earned by playing the story mode. Check lbp.me, or the pins in LBP3 to see which pins you have.
Is there a specific pin I need? On lbp.me I see most pins done outside of random stuff like throw bots on to their death, etc. Story levels have all been completed and aced yet I got none of their materials or music in lbp3.

Also try the "merge profiles" option.

I was unable to import or unlock anything but the merging worked.

How do I do that?

Has there been any news for an imminent Pop it lag fix patch? It makes the game unplayable and I don't want to have to delete or transfer a few thousand screen shots just to get the game to function properly

J-Spot

Since there's not much in the way of good LBP3 levels yet I've been trying to go back through some of the old stuff. The more I try to dig into the old user content the more disappointment I become. This game messes up the old levels to the point that some of them are completely broken. Why are the layers in the old levels not locked to the standard from the game it was created in? Please tell me the team is looking to address the compatibility issues.

Is there a way to disable the damn video that plays after, what, 60 seconds?

I'm listening to the Smooth McGroove Gardens track and it keeps interrupting. >:[

Jeels

Does the pop it menu slow down every go away or become less consistent? I am thinking of waiting until this game is patched to pick playing it up again...

Does the pop it menu slow down every go away or become less consistent? I am thinking of waiting until this game is patched to pick playing it up again...

Nope its caused by your screenshots in the capture gallery so as long as you still have screens on your PS4 IT wont change. A fix for that is coming though so if you want to wait it hopefully won't be too long

satori

Sorry if this came up guys. I am at work so its hard for me to do a search in the past pages. But two issues, my game keeps crashing. Play a stage? crash try online? crash

Also a lot of the DLC we got in the first and second game are not showing up. And when we try to buy some more it wont let us. Are these known issues? I normally would do my search but again I am at work and my daughter is at home looking at her father for answers lol.

Jeels

Nope its caused by your screenshots in the capture gallery so as long as you still have screens on your PS4 IT wont change. A fix for that is coming though so if you want to wait it hopefully won't be too long

Thanks, seems like it's not a big issue like what Driveclub is going through. I think I can wait it out. In the mean time, just completed the first level and downloaded my old DLC/imported old game content. :) I love the new hub, especially that there's a friend's page.

Please please please add me - hahahanif is my PSN ID.

Jeels

Sorry if this came up guys. I am at work so its hard for me to do a search in the past pages. But two issues, my game keeps crashing. Play a stage? crash try online? crash

Also a lot of the DLC we got in the first and second game are not showing up. And when we try to buy some more it wont let us. Are these known issues? I normally would do my search but again I am at work and my daughter is at home looking at her father for answers lol.

You know, now that you mention it, I can't access my FF7 costumes... :( that's the only DLC I really care about...

There seems to be some sort of Red Riding Hood stuff in the works -- There's a RRH and a Regal Wolf costume, and a lot of wolf animations. The wolf even gets his own category in the animation tweaker.

Finally had time to play this some last night.

Does anyone know how to not get trapped in the "need to blow yourself up" area in the first stage so I can get the No Lives Lost bonuses?

Didn't see a sticker area like in the first LBP that I could get around it and the ledge to the right before falling had stuff on it.

Top Bottom