• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Karting |OT| Start Your Cerebral Engines

Only played for a couple hours so far but this is pretty much as fantastic as you'd expect from a LBP title. Enjoying it much more than Sonic Racing 2. The reviews are baffling.

It's a shame Sony doesn't give a shit about this series.

It's an awesome game. I saw some ads on the TV so I guess they actually give a damn.

Jeels

Got this game through the $10 PSN sale. :D Wow, what a steal! This is easily the most fun I've had with a Kart Racer in a very long time, and I love the LBP aesthetic.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finally finished my first level. Based on the suzuka formula one track layout, but with the usual hazards and weapons etc.

https://karting.lbp.me/v/806n

Would appreciate any comments. Hopefully the capsules stay on the Ferris wheel :p

Waterfall
fBBrMDM.png

Mt. Fuji
x1kzgvO.png

Fan booster (you can win this as a weapon in my race)
y6C2bmD.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Only played a little bit so far, but if you hold the drift, eventually you get a boost. Same with completing tricks off jumps I think.

Yes. Hold a drift to he a boost. Hold it even longer to get 2,3, or 4x boost before letting go. And spin when it's air to get a boost on landing.

Also has a boost start -
hold gas and drift during the countdown, and let go of the drift button when it says GO!
I think the pause before the 'go' is variable which I quite like.

Played it a bit and it's meh to me. Something about it makes it boring to me. Felt the same way with Sonic all stars racing transformed also. Weird thing is I loved Modnation Racers.

The Light

I've only played the modnation demo, but from that it seems like karting is less frantic. I'm still having fun racing against other people in karting tho.

Also anyone know how to paint the kart? I've seen people online with a paint job but I cannot figure out how to do it.
Edit*never mind finally figured it out. Guess I wasn't making the sticker large enough

olimpia84

Got this on sale recently and so far I'm disappointed. The concept and the atmosphere is great, but the track design is a bit too simple and gameplay is bland and boring. So far I only completed the first two planets so here's hoping it picks up soon.

Jeels

Wow, this is almost unplayable with the Move controller. Why isn't it subtle like Mario Kart? My Sackboy is driving zig zag...

Anyway, any update on our other LBP purchased costumes and when they'll be available?

The Light

This game is starting to lose its luster for me. Sad to say that racing online is getting old since we can only do single player tracks with the occasional community level which always seems to be winter epicness or das boot. I tried just racing on community levels against ai, but there is nothing like human competition.

hymanator

I originally bought the disc version of this game and unlocked everything etc. When the digital version went on sale for $10 I decided to buy it for the convenience of having it saved on my 1TB hard drive. The really annoying thing though is the save files aren't compatible between the digital and disc version of the game.
There is no way to export or import save profiles (like in the other LBP games) either. I was getting ready to trade in my disc copy of the game, but now I feel like I need to hold off until I figure out a way to at least move everything I've worked on over to the other game. I don't understand why certain games have to have incompatible saves based on if it is digital or not. I remember Burnout Paradise had the same issue also. Aren't they essentially the same game?

I originally bought the disc version of this game and unlocked everything etc. When the digital version went on sale for $10 I decided to buy it for the convenience of having it saved on my 1TB hard drive. The really annoying thing though is the save files aren't compatible between the digital and disc version of the game.
There is no way to export or import save profiles (like in the other LBP games) either. I was getting ready to trade in my disc copy of the game, but now I feel like I need to hold off until I figure out a way to at least move everything I've worked on over to the other game. I don't understand why certain games have to have incompatible saves based on if it is digital or not. I remember Burnout Paradise had the same issue also. Aren't they essentially the same game?

Ouch, yeah it's a big bummer. They at least have fixed this for the Vita so let's hope it works the same way on the PS4 at least.

KalBalboa

Banned
Played it a bit and it's meh to me. Something about it makes it boring to me. Felt the same way with Sonic all stars racing transformed also. Weird thing is I loved Modnation Racers.

Same here.

At first I was digging it, but LBP Karting has far to much rubber banding for me. There's no real competition with other racers as much as you're playing against the rubric of the weapons.

This game is starting to lose its luster for me. Sad to say that racing online is getting old since we can only do single player tracks with the occasional community level which always seems to be winter epicness or das boot. I tried just racing on community levels against ai, but there is nothing like human competition.

Yeah, I think the online portion wasn't terribly well designed for meeting randoms. Don't get me wrong- it loads fast and plays fine online, but you rarely see many people playing much online.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Patch just came out with no notice or info. anyone know what it fixs? Online still seems flaky which makes getting a platinum really frustrating

Elfish

If the online was like MNR it would be so much better. It is always such a hustle to find online players for user created tracks in LBPK.

The Light

OT hasn't seen any activity since February man. Anyways thinking about creating my first track. First I was thinking using jet moto tracks as an inspiration, but idk if it is possible to do something like nebulous or nightmare that works and would be fun to race on.

OT hasn't seen any activity since February man. Anyways thinking about creating my first track. First I was thinking using jet moto tracks as an inspiration, but idk if it is possible to do something like nebulous or nightmare that works and would be fun to race on.

There are too many other games :/

I love the concepto and execution, but they really seem to have killed their fanbase with this game. This should be a F2P launch PS4 title.

The Light

There are too many other games :/

I love the concepto and execution, but they really seem to have killed their fanbase with this game. This should be a F2P launch PS4 title.

I think there are more people playing lbp2 than this. Last night there was no one racing on the story levels and through quick race I only found 3 other people. Sucks since different user created levels are actually showing up more on the list of levels to choose after races.

Just got the game on PS+

My god it's good, wish there was some kind of online tournaments though, and it's so hard to find people to team up with and jump into good community maps with.

I'm looking for some huge tracks for inspiration, any tips?

The level of creativity here is huge, it makes me laugh when I see all the boring Mario Kart tracks remade by people and the first thing I think is..."I could drive 3 laps around the boring as bat shit moo moo farm from MK64 or..I could play this fucking amazing original user made map!"

Any Gaffers play this anymore?

I've played a little since it came to plus. Is there a way to turn off unbought dlc appearing in my poppit character menu? like I'm going through the hats and then suddenly 'I don't own this piece of dlc' and then I'd own the next couple of hats before the next dlc warning, it's so intrusive and really putting me off the game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Got it on PS+ too, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I don't play many Kart Racers outside of Crash Team Racing, which I love. LittleBigPlanet Karting by comparison seems heavy, and more focused on using weapons than skillful racing.

I'd like to enjoy the game, but as it is, I can only race once or twice before becoming bored. And I love the LittleBigPlanet games, I'm just not feeling this one.

Any suggestions Muskarteers?

Got it on PS+ too, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I don't play many Kart Racers outside of Crash Team Racing, which I love. LittleBigPlanet Karting by comparison seems heavy, and more focused on using weapons than skillful racing.

I'd like to enjoy the game, but as it is, I can only race once or twice before becoming bored. And I love the LittleBigPlanet games, I'm just not feeling this one.

Any suggestions Muskarteers?

Keep playing? it gets faster.

Better yet, play online.

LakeEarth

I don't like how this game handles local multiplayer. Shit should be Local Multiplayer -> Versus -> Map -> Go. I shouldn't have to play the game for 2-3 hours so that I can gather enough versus maps to make it worth playing with a friend.

I'm not a fan of the game... I just wanted to play some Multiplayer races with my wife. It wanted me to go through the story mode to unlock "VS" tracks.
This is pretty much my exact experience from last night.

Is anyone else annoyed by dlc being on their popit menu? It's pretty dumb, I just wanna see the stuff I own, not the junk they want me to buy.

Maybe I'm missing something.. Is there a setting to remove this stuff?

Tizoc

Quick question but there's a DLC priced at 2-3 dollars, and from its description it unlocks all the customization options in the game. Anyone got it and can mention what stuff it doesn't unlcok?

hymanator

I just fired this game up and it won't connect to the community server. I looked into the issue and many people are reporting that you can only go online with the disc version of the game. Has anyone else had any luck going online with the digital version?

Top Bottom