• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Aesthet1c

Why would Bayonetta be involved in this?

Thank-you, I don't know how anyone could go in thinking "Bayonetta". What is it, the female protagonist?

Over the top stylized action game with a sexualized protagonist.

How do you not understand that comparison?

Picked it up on my break from GS. Funny, they had received 8 copies, three of which were pre orders and I still managed to grab the final one. The manager also hooked me up with the pre order costume codes so the first to PM me gets them.

J22G0.jpg

All in the family...

Aside some serious bs on Splatterhouse (but yeah, it's me now, since I loved it :p), what's that thing about Lollipop being no Bayonetta? I mean...
I've lost the thread on Splatterhouse, wasn't it supposed to be developed by the Mark of Kri team? I was super excited because of that but I hadn't seen any news about it since and the game came and went with no fanfare.

Picked it up on my break from GS. Funny, they had received 8 copies, three of which were pre orders and I still managed to grab the final one. The manager also hooked me up with the pre order costume codes so the first to PM me gets them.

J22G0.jpg

All in the family...

And the Gamecube copy of Killer7 to boot! *brofist*

MBison

J22G0.jpg

All in the family...

Sent a pm :)

7threst

I've lost the thread on Splatterhouse, wasn't it supposed to be developed by the Mark of Kri team? I was super excited because of that but I hadn't seen any news about it since and the game came and went with no fanfare.

Yeah.. still haven't played Splatterhouse... while I still want those Splatterhouse shoes they made before the release of the game:

They're horrible, in a good way!

I am definitely going to pick up Lollipop chainsaw no matter what some reviewer says. The game looks like loads of fun to me.

kodecraft

Over the top stylized action game with a sexualized protagonist.

How do you not understand that comparison?

I liked Bayonetta, these quirky games always get a day one purchase from me. When I say Bayo I am talking about the actual gameplay not the icing on the surface.

Galdelico

Splatterhouse's development turned out to be kinda troubled... But the game imo was one of the best reboot/remake of the gen, such a truly brilliant 'modern' take over the formula of the classic brawlers.

In that review, Splatterhouse is called 'shallow' and - yeah, I'm no mothertongue english speaking but... - isn't it meant to be negative? As in 'weak', or inconsistent?
That was my gripe. :)

"Eww, Jim Sterling, fat internet troll don't listen to hi-oh, he gave it a 9/10! Great review!"

"Eww, 2/10, who's it from? LOL Tom Chick, that guy stinks. Useless review."

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I am trying to understand what the big deal / draw is to this game?

Someone please help me out here

It's a hack and slash with replay value in a humorous style and parody or reference to a few different shows and movies as made by people who created other games people like.

Also something about art style, over the topness, and music for some.

KaYotiX

Banned
"Eww, Jim Sterling, fat internet troll don't listen to hi-oh, he gave it a 9/10! Great review!"

"Eww, 2/10, who's it from? LOL Tom Chick, that guy stinks. Useless review."

If you read Chicks review it sounds like he looked at some press footage and wrote it.

I've price matched an online TRU at Bestbuy before (Witcher 2), might be worth a shot if you want to grab it today.

So fun story: I went by Best-Buy during my Lunch break to try and confirm this. The guy at customer service didn't even ask me for any proof lol. He just rang it up as $44.99 and that was it. I honestly felt like I could have told him any price and he would have done it. Obviously though very ymmv as Best Buy isn't supposed to match online-only prices.

bryehn

I got 5 costume codes from EB Games and didn't even pre-order. Sweet.

I'm diving in now, is it really about 4 hours for a run through?

So fun story: I went by Best-Buy during my Lunch break to try and confirm this. The guy at customer service didn't even ask me for any proof lol. He just rang it up as $44.99 and that was it. I honestly felt like I could have told him any price and he would have done it. Obviously though very ymmv as Best Buy isn't supposed to match online-only prices.
YMMV indeed. I had major problems price-matching at Best Buy in the past. They usually will not price match internet prices also the store you price match from must have stock on hand.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I find it hilarious that 90% of the thread is talking about the costumes over the game, haha.

How do you answer the phone when the prompt comes up?

I saw the tutorial for it, but it didn't say how (answered automatically) and when it came up the second time I couldn't figure it out.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My copy just arrived. My roommate and I will be digging into it later today. I'm always excited for a new Suda game. :D

Grisby

How do you answer the phon-
How do you answer the phone when the prompt comes up?

I saw the tutorial for it, but it didn't say how (answered automatically) and when it came up the second time I couldn't figure it out.
This. It never tells you the button in the tutorial nor in the in game controls!

Other then that this game is oozing with freaking style. Tara Strong is awesome.

I started on Hard mode since I'm a masochist and had a pretty rough time at first. The camera isn't as bad as I thought it'd be(I know it'll piss off some people though). I thought the combat wasn't too fluid at first, there's a pause between cheerleader moves and the chainsaw ones and you can't really use one without the other (especially on Hard mode) since the former renders enemies groggy and thus easy to kill with a chainsaw.

The escape button wasn't really impressing me either since it looked like a simple jump button that didn't seem to cover much ground. But then you find out that you can keep a good momentum by using Circle and another attack button to keep attacking and render yourself less vulnerable and it allows you to pseudo link Square attacks into Triangle ones.

Love the artstyle and the voice acting so far.

Top Bottom