• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Okay, I figured out the phone thing.

It's not actually a live call, it leaves you a voice mail in the pause menu. Just go to the phone icon and all the messages are listed there.

LOL some dialogue I heard on a playthrough I was watching on Youtube:

Nick: Where do all those rainbow thingies when you cut a zombie in half come from?
Juliet: From awesome.

Was just checking it out to see if it looks like something I need to own. Clearly it is.

Only read the summary from the 20% review. Don't think that LP tries to be Bayonetta, but whatever. This sure is a Grasshopper game getting such diverse scores. But as I said, I don't care about reviews. I already know that I'm going to love it, more so now knowing that it's intended to be replayed numerous times. Those kind of games I like the most. Wonder what the fastest times might be like. Speedruns within two hours would be really cool.

Edit: Wait a minute. I was referring to a post, that had a link to the metacritic site of LP, but can't find it anymore. Was probably on one of the previous pages.

So lucky. I was hoping for one of those when I asked if there were any extra goodies I could get when I went and picked up my copy

It was a nice surprise. The guy I picked my game up from seemed really into the game so he was more than happy to giveme one of the extras. I'm still bummed they didn't have the Ash pre-order codes though, but that took the sting off a little.

I wondering how many replays it's gonna take to get the actual "good ending" (rescuing all classmates). Im assuming some of them wont even be able to be saved until you've acquired certain moves that are only available after completion or after a couple NG+ runs.

I'm so glad they implemented a NG+ feature into this. SOTD desperatley needed it.

My god, just read that the Chordettes' 1958 song "Lollipop" is in this. I kinda guessed/hoped anyway, but damn. Will be laughing my ass off when that one starts playing.

I thought people were saying this was easy?

I died a couple of times already on just the first level on Normal (before I figured out how to use the lollipops). Man, I'm awful at this game.

Muffdraul

My copy arrived this morning, it's sitting on my desk at work and I won't get to play it until tonight. I came in here hoping for some gifs to tide me over. Leaving disappointed. =(

I wondering how many replays it's gonna take to get the actual "good ending" (rescuing all classmates). Im assuming some of them wont even be able to be saved until you've acquired certain moves that are only available after completion or after a couple NG+ runs.

I'm so glad they implemented a NG+ feature into this. SOTD desperatley needed it.

My god, just read that the Chordettes' 1958 song "Lollipop" is in this. I kinda guessed/hoped anyway, but damn. Will be laughing my ass off when that one starts playing.

It always plays in the "shop". Perfect.

Dizzle24

Went to pick up my preorder and the whole strip mall has no power, so the store is closed. :( guess I'll try again after work.

Quickie impressions:

Game is not easy on normal. The opening area isn't super good, not much of a showcase for the game. Once you get to the school however, combat opens up, and the game gets pretty damn hard.

Voice acting is amazing, music is amazing, love the graphics, the comic book presentation, can't wait to play more.

I will have extra costume codes to give away later this week!

I have a 2-year-old, and I got burned hard a few times by this, too: I'd buy games right away, yet by the time I'd get around to playing them, they'd be half price or less at most retailers.

I've finally learned that patience, not industry hype, is a virtue; and the only games I get at launch are either titles than I'm going to play immediately, or handheld games (I love the Vita!) b/c I tend to play them more frequently these days.

I really want Lollipop Chainsaw, but by the time I get through a few titles on my must-play backlog, the game will be considerably cheaper, yet still just as enjoyable.

Very sound advice, and the type I've been trying to live by recently after seeing how titles can be slashed (if only momentarily) by up to 50% a scant 2-3 months after release. I've seen this happen to all the big games I bought last year (Batman, Zelda, Uncharted etc), none of which I have finished :l I do try to do my part with certain titles though. I was pretty crushed after Clover dissolved, and subsequently very happy to see Platinum Games rise from their ashes. I know those types of titles have a very niche appeal, but after seeing how well a title can perform via word of mouth (NMH and 999 come to mind), I do try to buy them at full price whenever I can.

But bleh... At this point... I'm feeling pretty tempted to just buy the game at Best Buy later tonight, play it, and then return the unopened Amazon copy to Best Buy when it gets here :l

Lucent

Quickie impressions:

Game is not easy on normal. The opening area isn't super good, not much of a showcase for the game. Once you get to the school however, combat opens up, and the game gets pretty damn hard.

Voice acting is amazing, music is amazing, love the graphics, the comic book presentation, can't wait to play more.

I will have extra costume codes to give away later this week!

What version are you playing?

So you can't answer it at all during gameplay? That seems weird.

deadrising_otis--article_image.jpg

kunonabi

Picked it up on my break from GS. Funny, they had received 8 copies, three of which were pre orders and I still managed to grab the final one. The manager also hooked me up with the pre order costume codes so the first to PM me gets them.

J22G0.jpg

All in the family...

No Flower, Sun, & Rain?

Got my GS copy. No extra costumes but if anyone wants to trade for my Urine let me know.

sarcoa

Doesn't look like it. It's not very well explained so it's totally possible I'm missing something.

This confused the living hell out of me. I could never, ever seem to answer the phone no matter what button I pushed. There did seem to be eight or so times she picked it up in a cut scene automatically. However at the end of the game
I got the Trophy for answering it every time
. So yeah, no idea if that's the way it's supposed to be or a glitch.

edit: Nevermind Lucent's post solved that mystery. I feel dumb.

Kazzy

This confused the living hell out of me. I could never, ever seem to answer the phone no matter what button I pushed. There did seem to be eight or so times she picked it up in a cut scene automatically. However at the end of the game

In fairness, it's been a while!

Einbroch

Banned
So basically you have to wait until your meter fills before you get those crazy finishers? Unless some really damaging moves open up later.

How can you tell whether or not your next chainsaw attack will decapitate? Bleeding limbs don't mean much because I've killed zombies with one limb and some with none.

So basically you have to wait until your meter fills before you get those crazy finishers? Unless some really damaging moves open up later.

How can you tell whether or not your next chainsaw attack will decapitate? Bleeding limbs don't mean much because I've killed zombies with one limb and some with none.

Nope, it's just easier with magical powers ^^

killing at least three zombies at once = finisher animation

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Do you need every one of them or something? There are like 18 others.

I wanted to get all the Preorder costumes. A friend gave me his Amazon code but the other one had to cancel his best buy preorder so I'm missing those 2.

Grasshopper Ranks
Killer7
Lollipop Chainsaw
No More Heroes/ Shadows of The Damned
NMH2

Tokubetsu

What?

Top Bottom