• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
OK so when you get a phone call in-game and you want to answer it/listen to the message, it's in the menu screen?

Exactly.

Go to Juliet Stash I think it called (Lower corner on the left side of the menu)
Then go again to the left and go down till you reach the phone calls.

Sorry if I make poor explanations I kinda suck at it :/

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Until this game I never even knew that March was Stendhal Syndrome Awareness Month.

Kazzy

Alternate costumes. Serious business.

Yeah, its nice to get something extra, but by the same token, I don't quite understand this mad scramble for all of them.

This is one of the rare real videogames out there today. Not a "I-am-a-game-and-want-to-be-a-movie-also-so-there-must-be-blood-and-explosions-everywhere-and-look-I have-a-nice-co-op-and-Nolan-North-who-is-speaking-the-giant-penguin-in-the-background-of-the-first-chapter"- game.

dokish

Banned
This is one of the rare real videogames out there today. Not a "I-am-a-game-and-want-to-be-a-movie-also-so-there-must-be-blood-and-explosions-everywhere-and-look-I have-a-nice-co-op-and-Nolan-North-who-is-speaking-the-giant-penguin-in-the-background-of-the-first-chapter"- game.

Yes. Sadly these types of games are shorter and shorter (number wise).

Although we had a pretty good amount of them, like Demon's Souls, Catherine and Folklore.

This year I'll limit myself to buy only these "rare" games and portable ones, (DS/PSP), cuz the mainstream games are just... meh. I hate how everything is about multiplayer, action, shooting and cover.

Jeez, just look at RE6. Leon can freaking roll all over the floor. People bitched about "CAN'T SHOOT AND WALK, LOL DUMB" and then... happy now? This is what we get.

Kaibutsu

We be completionists, yo

well if this game is like all the other recent games with retailer exclusive costumes (i.e. arkham city, mortal kombat, umvc3, sf4) we should be able to purchase all the dlc costumes in some sort of bundle pack in a few months.

edit: only 1 code for me btw, whenever amazon decides to email it.

TGMIII

well if this game is like all the other recent games with retailer exclusive costumes (i.e. arkham city, mortal kombat, umvc3, sf4) we should be able to purchase all the dlc costumes in some sort of bundle pack in a few months.

There's only 4 retail exclusive costumes. The other, 15?, are unlockable in the game.

Grisby

Anyone know what to do in this Zed battle?

Nick keeps saying to destory the speakers, which I am but he just summons new ones?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Self-quote.

I haven't gotten it yet (it's up?), but I can tell you now that Akira never releases full game soundtracks so it's likely not complete and more a collection of favorite or significant songs in the game from Akira and Jimmy. However, the game has an over 100-track OST just as Shadows did, so really doubt it'll get a full release before game rips. Unfortunately they never release complete soundtracks of Akira composed games...

Tokubetsu

I haven't gotten it yet (it's up?), but I can tell you now that Akira never releases full game soundtracks so it's likely not complete and more a collection of favorite or significant songs in the game from Akira and Jimmy. However, the game has an over 100-track OST just as Shadows did, so really doubt it'll get a full release before game rips. Unfortunately they never release complete soundtracks of Akira composed games...

It's what I figured. I shelled out for the physical of SOTD and while all my favorites on there and I don't regret it, a more complete collection would have been great.

And yea, soundtrack is up on NA Itunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lollipop-chainsaw-music-from/id530647168

TheChits

Man my amazon order just shipped :(. I want to play this game even more after hearing all of the positive impressions and the wait is killing me

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
E3SyK.jpg

Good.

Slaylock

Joystiq Review (3/5): http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/12/lollipop-chainsaw-review/

Lollipop Chainsaw certainly isn't terrible. Despite its flaws, the combat is still mechanically sound. Most of the characters are genuinely likable, and I found them endearing by the end, even if the dialogue often misses the mark. What's heart-breaking about it all is that Grasshopper can do better. With a few tweaks to the combat – weaker zombies, and perhaps more of them – the experience could be much more entertaining. As is, Lollipop Chainsaw is a serviceable confection, though something of a bitter one.

Joystiq Review (3/5): http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/12/lollipop-chainsaw-review/

Lollipop Chainsaw certainly isn't terrible. Despite its flaws, the combat is still mechanically sound. Most of the characters are genuinely likable, and I found them endearing by the end, even if the dialogue often misses the mark. What's heart-breaking about it all is that Grasshopper can do better. With a few tweaks to the combat – weaker zombies, and perhaps more of them – the experience could be much more entertaining. As is, Lollipop Chainsaw is a serviceable confection, though something of a bitter one.

It's a videogame, not a Zombie-Splatter-Movie

guy dislikes the dialogue, disregard

kodecraft

Why can't Suda get fluid game-play down? All these games play stiff and clunky but we like the niche, just wish they'd control better, alot better.

dreamfall

So far, it has been pretty rad- there definitely are some janky moments, but I just defeated the third boss and I'm having a wonderful time. I think the upgrades/costumes unlocks will really amount to a ton of replayability, and there is a high score mode for those who want it.

Does anyone want to trade DLC codes? I really want the Rockabilly costume- I've got an Ash code for US PSN if anyone is interested!

tearsofash

Does anyone know when the DLC will be available for purchase? GameStop didn't give me mine, so I have nothing to trade with anyone. :(

Adam J.

Just played the first chapter--pretty good stuff! Love the presentation and use of licensed music (dat WB budget). The gameplay feels a bit cheap and Grasshopper-y, but it's serviceable and much better than NMH (imo). Really looking forward to digging more into this.

Just played the first chapter--pretty good stuff! Love the presentation and use of licensed music (dat WB budget). The gameplay feels a bit cheap and Grasshopper-y, but it's serviceable and much better than NMH (imo). Really looking forward to digging more into this.

It gets better when you buy more combos ;)

Haliela

It gets better when you buy more combos ;)

Yep! The game, like, gets so much more fun and stuff! Once I learned some new moves I was like, "this is SOOOO much more better than it was!" <3

Seriously though the game is awesome. Once you start upgrading it gets better and better.

The zombie log is insanely funny and wrong.

Mr Fitzgibbon -
He was everyone's favorite algebra teacher at St Romero High ; he attended furry conventions in his downtime and loved a good furpile.

Can't wait to unlock more of those.

mudkyp

Overall, really enjoying the game because it's Grasshopper, but like with Shadows of the Damned, I'm not liking the turret sequences such as
Zombie Baseball
. I find that I fail at those pretty frequently.

Top Bottom