• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Dead

well not really...yet
Game is fun as hell, can already see tons of replay value in it thanks to ranking mode + unlockables

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Loving the game so far, but how do you answer the phone?

When the icon pops up open the menu and go to Juliet's Stash. Switch to the last tab to see the list of phone calls.

It's a pretty awkward implementation.

CrankyDude

Neo Member
He said he was embargoed, but the one thing he could say was that he definitely hated it. I knew the second I read it he loved it lol.

He (Jim Sterling) absolutely did not say that. What he said was:

"Review will happen on Tuesday and I am embargoed until then. I'll let slip that I absolutely did not not like it."

Read it carefully.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Wow, people said this game was going to flop, which is why I didn't pre-order. Last time I heed the words of the masses. Time to get the sucker.

lollipop_chainsaw_juliet_by_semsei-d4covnj1.jpg

dkeane

Did prologue and the first chapter - loving this game. Great style and fun mechanics. Fuckyes! Glad I picked this up.

Jarmel

Banned
They're really not. you need to get them dazed. Most enemies can be killed in seconds.

I'll repost what I discussed a few pages ago:

The differences in difficulty really requires some patience and skill. So far it hasn't been frustrating and I've died here and there, but it was mostly due to my lack of patience and approach to gameplay. You have to be on your feet to avoid attacks and know how to quickly bounce back into a string of attacks after the dodge.

If you're quick enough and know how to string atacks, a high health bar enemy can either take 5 minutrs to beat or literally 30 seconds! The key mechanic is learning to find their weakness, daze the zombie and get to him quick enough for a one hit kill once he's dazed. If he shakes out of it, his 'defenses' so to speak, make it hard to deplete his health.

I find it clever. It rewards skill and makes it where button mashing takes longer to kill an enemy

Dazing definitely takes a while too. Hard is designed more around when you have most of the upgrades. I'm doing normal for act 1 and it's much more tolerable.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I also ordered it today. How's Hard difficulty everyone?

Anyone also wanna give me a costume code?

Jarmel

Banned
Anyone also wanna give me a costume code?

Like I stated earlier, hard is very rough and not particularly fun. It definitely seems more oriented for the second time around. Normal is fine, it's a little on the easier side but it's not overly so.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I died a few times during the first stage since I was getting used to the controls and such, did much better in the school but still a good moderate challenge throughout with a few tricky parts. However, the fucking Birthday Cake scene was a bitch on hard but I did eventually beat it. Some extra enemies are added to hard mode as well, which are these really powerful and not found in the lesser difficulties.

dreamfall

Second time asking- but does anyone want to trade an "Ash" costume code (US PSN) for Rockabilly? Definitely should've gotten it from Bestbuy or whatever retailer carrier had it- so many pre-order specific bonuses... GAH.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Will be going with Normal for my first playthrough then. Looking forward to playing this crazy game.

Like I stated earlier, hard is very rough and not particularly fun. It definitely seems more oriented for the second time around. Normal is fine, it's a little on the easier side but it's not overly so.

Is it one of those games where you can play harder difficulties with a carried over file/stronger character which makes it a bit easier? Lords of Shadow's Paladin mode was pretty pointless when you had the strongest light and shadow attacks which were super overpowered.

Jarmel

Banned
Is it one of those games where you can play harder difficulties with a carried over file/stronger character which makes it a bit easier? Lords of Shadow's Paladin mode was pretty pointless when you had the strongest light and shadow attacks which were super overpowered.

Seems like it, as you can do stage select and choose different difficulties per stage.

Just finished the first boss...

This game is fantastic. It's not nearly as responsive as I keep wanting to play it as, but I think a lot of that will be remedied with picking up more abilities.

The humor and presentation are EXACTLY what I hoped it would be and then some. I'm honestly surprised at how solid everything feels so far. Also, coming off of NeverDead into this had carried my lust for demolishing the environment to the point of madness. MUST DESTROY DESKS!

Like, this is a totally great game.

Dusk Golem

Second time asking- but does anyone want to trade an "Ash" costume code (US PSN) for Rockabilly? Definitely should've gotten it from Bestbuy or whatever retailer carrier had it- so many pre-order specific bonuses... GAH.

;_; If I got the PS3 version I would do this in an instant, but unfortunately my code is for the 360 version and you have one for the PSN. But I had to skip out on the Evil Dead costume which saddens me greatly... I don't care much about the Rockbilly costume so wouldn't mind the opposite exchange... If only we had it on the same console.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Once again, if someone has a 360 costume code (any costume) please PM me since my Amazon order won't have a code as I ordered it a day late.

dreamfall

;_; If I got the PS3 version I would do this in an instant, but unfortunately my code is for the 360 version and you have one for the PSN. But I had to skip out on the Evil Dead costume which saddens me greatly... I don't care much about the Rockbilly costume so wouldn't mind the opposite exchange... If only we had it on the same console.

SADFACE! Gah, we're Lollipop Chainsaw brethren on different consoles! We'd trade in a heartbeat!

Seems like it, as you can do stage select and choose different difficulties per stage.

Oh man that's awesome. I bought the game a few hours ago but haven't played it yet. What I mentioned about Lords of Shadow is one reason I loved the game, as it let me just keep beasting through the game with all the shit I've bought and learned. I hate getting all these awesome powers like right before the last boss in videogames. RPG's are notorious for that shit and I hate them all.

kunonabi

Personally, I don't mind playing on Hard since it forces you to learn the system and how to dispatch enemies quickly. My only real concern is I no longer get the experience of playing it on normal and then seeing all the changes and alterations on a second playthough.

Drewfonse

I've read that there is a difficulty setting which requires the player to beat the entire game with one life. Death is permanent. Is this true?

Lucent

Personally, I don't mind playing on Hard since it forces you to learn the system and how to dispatch enemies quickly. My only real concern is I no longer get the experience of playing it on normal and then seeing all the changes and alterations on a second playthough.

Exactly. Since it's already short enough, I think I'll play through Normal and then move up so I still have surprises instead of just playing it on hard and whatever so if I went back to normal and be like "oh, there isn't that enemy here. not as awesome a surprise as having a new enemy popping up but okay" lol

I hope it's still $44.99 tomorrow. Waiting for tomorrow to get a $5 amazon code cuz I only need 9 more points on bing.

robot

Took my time in Stage 1, shame I got penalized for it. Anyone know where to view "Dad's High Score?" It says you get shop stuff unlocked in the shop for beating it, but not sure what score I'm shooting for.

Sparkle Hunting is awesome - makes you play a little bit differently. Really pays off, I've been able to buy everything in the shop so far. Make sure you smash everything in the environment for extra coins! Stage 1 has coins hidden in lockers, garbage bins, soda machines, etc.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just finished the first boss...

This game is fantastic. It's not nearly as responsive as I keep wanting to play it as, but I think a lot of that will be remedied with picking up more abilities.

The humor and presentation are EXACTLY what I hoped it would be and then some. I'm honestly surprised at how solid everything feels so far. Also, coming off of NeverDead into this had carried my lust for demolishing the environment to the point of madness. MUST DESTROY DESKS!

Like, this is a totally great game.

Agreed. I was a bit worried this game was going to turn out to be garbage (too much emphasis on the sex appeal lately), but it's been an absolute blast. Whoever said that this game feels like a "deeper" version of No More Heroes was right on the money. The control takes just a bit of getting used to, then things click and the game feels smoother and smoother with each new combat ability that gets unlocked. I think this is going to turn out to be the number two beat-em-up behind Max Anarchy this year.

Anyone willing to trade the GameStop preorder code (Ash) in exchange for the Amazon preorder code (Rockabilly)? I believe the Rockabilly outfit looks like this:

lollipopchainsawrockabilly.jpg

NA 360 version. PM me if interested.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Beated the game. Got both endings and more than half of the outfits. Havent bought any of the Mp3s and no artwork either. I think I might be going a bit too fast with it but then again I was hooked.

JEKKI

aw maaaan I gotta hard time playing coz I keep pressing the Green button to jump!!!

I needa do something about that o_O

Jus picked it up right now, and... Is it normal to be stuck on the bicycle loading screen for several minutes when you first start a game? I can't tell if the game glitched or if it's installing :l

I've got a solution for anybody who didn't get their Best Buy pre-order costumes.

THE PROBLEM: When the game was picked up, the cashiers should have added a SKU for the costumes to the transaction. There is a very slim chance they knew to do this, however.

THE SOLUTION: If you already bought the game from them and want those costumes, return the game and have customer service re-ring the transaction with one of the following additional SKUs:

SKU 5012424 (Xbox 360)
SKU 5012433 (PS3)

The costume pack will show up as costing $9.99, but when on the same receipt as the game they become FREE when the cashier hits total. This also means you can just outright buy these costumes for $10 if you really wanted to. The code for the costumes will now be printed on your receipt and also emailed to you.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jus picked it up right now, and... Is it normal to be stuck on the bicycle loading screen for several minutes when you first start a game? I can't tell if the game glitched or if it's installing :l

I never had loading taking minutes o_O

But my game froze up on stage 1 before a minigame. I think it had something to do with the update it did before since after restarting the system it didnt gave any problems (The opening cutscene had a lot of screen tearing)

(Ps3 version BTW guys)

Dusk Golem

There must be a huge difference in difficulty here. I'm playing on hard my first time through, been playing almost the last 3-4 hours straight and I'm only at the
Baseball minigame
in world 2. The only thing I got stuck at really was the birthday cake scene, and I took one 20 minute break to eat, but then I think the zombies have a lot more health and are a lot more punishing on this difficulty and there's more of them.

I'm thinking people who claimed it was four hours must of been on easy or something since I haven't even been dwindling in areas much beside to destroy scenery for medals.

Mine took like over a minute and I thought something was wrong but then it worked so I dunno.

I just tried again. Weird thing was, when I selected "quit game" from the XMB, the PS3 actually turned of and restarted. She's still spinning and the music is playing while the lollis shake. It's been 3 minutes and Target has closed so I can't exhange this :/

JoeFu

Banned
Amazon is supposed to have a pre order bonus right? They haven't emailed mine yet :(

Also this game is freaking hilarious. Just beat the first boss. Been laughing the whole time

There must be a huge difference in difficulty here. I'm playing on hard my first time through, been playing almost the last 3-4 hours straight and I'm only at the
Baseball minigame
in world 2. The only thing I got stuck at really was the birthday cake scene, and I took one 20 minute break to eat, but then I think the zombies have a lot more health and are a lot more punishing on this difficulty and there's more of them.

I'm thinking people who claimed it was four hours must of been on easy or something since I haven't even been dwindling in areas much beside to destroy scenery for medals.

At the birthday cake scene on hard, can you still dropkick zombies to take them out easier? It draws them away and makes them one hit kills.

Top Bottom