• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Cheska

Just beat stage 3. The game seems to get waaay easier as you progress. I didn't die once in the last stage and my scores just keep getting higher :)

Yeah, I'm not one for multiple playthroughs unless I really love a game's mechanics, so this is a rental or wait for bomba for me.
Just in it for the Grasshopper wackiness and soundtrack.

Giolon

Can anyone give me some details on saving the 7th student in Chapter 1? I cannot find this person for the life of me, and I have every other student. Nvm I figured it out. I was letting one in a group get killed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Same. There's something supremely satisfying about that final hit in a combo that kills a bunch of zombies in the same way it was satisfying to decapitate people in No More Heroes. All the rainbows and coins go flying + Juliet and Nick crackin' wise. So good.

Yeah, getting 5 or 6 zombies always feels amazing.

Just beat stage 3. The game seems to get waaay easier as you progress. I didn't die once in the last stage and my scores just keep getting higher :)

I died once in the prologue, 0 times in the rest of the game except stage 4...where I died 5 times. Have fun. :p

hayejin

What's up with Suda 51 and unskippable cutscenes?????????????

And what does main character say during the free play movie that runs on start up?
That she and her sisters wear "vaginas" proudly because of her mom? I let it play it again to listen to it but I for the life of me cannot understand what she says or what she means by it.

Lucent

And what does main character say during the free play movie that runs on start up?
That she and her sisters wear "vaginas" proudly because of her mom? I let it play it again to listen to it but I for the life of me cannot understand what she says or what she means by it.

Thought someone said you could after the first playthrough.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Opinions from both sides or no opinions at all. Circle jerk threads a boring. If you disagree with someone else's point and are unable to engage in healthy, intelligent debate, then just ignore the damn post. Opinions and all.

Nothing as bad as Big Boner in LC.

Also, I think EatChildren must have been the little kid from "The Wizard" when he was growing up, if he thought Big Boner and Dead Space Asteroids were easy, "one time" affairs.

To be fair, I played Dead Space on PC. Mouse aiming those turrets was probably easiest than stick aiming. I did it first go though, and spent the rest of the game waiting for this supposedly impossible asteroid battle.

Big Boner was not only easy, but fun. Take that!

Ferrio

Banned

Pretty much she means she's proud to be female and let's everyone know it.

kunonabi

Well all I have left now is grinding for medals and Very Hard mode. Been a great ride and I'm hoping Very Hard adds some nice wrinkles. I'm totally rocking the Evil Dead outfit for it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

You can skip cutscenes once you've seen them by holding start and then pressing A.

She is saying that thanks to her mom, her and her sisters wear their vaginas proudly, which means they're proud women and are not ashamed to be female, but worded in a way to be a bit 'funny'.

Duffyside

Banned
Thread title is rubbing me the wrong way. E3 was awesome this year. People are nuts.

Anyway, really wish I could rent this game online for like 3 dollars a day, because I would like to play it. Spent some time watching some people play it on youtube today, and it seems like a pretty fun romp. How long is it?

Ferrio

Banned
Thread title is rubbing me the wrong way. E3 was awesome this year. People are nuts.

Anyway, really wish I could rent this game online for like 3 dollars a day, because I would like to play it. Spent some time watching some people play it on youtube today, and it seems like a pretty fun romp. How long is it?

Like 4 hours for an initial playthrough.

The dialogue doesn't seem as on point as Grasshopper's other games, but I'll admit that I laughed at Zed saying that
he jizzed a little after you cut him in half.
That boss is fight is also pretty much when I stopped actively hating the game. I even began to like it until the dreaded Zombie Baseball. The third level won me back, though, because I had actually unlocked enough moves to make the combat fun. Extremely bizarre choice to lock pretty much every move away.

Jintor

How do you answer the phone? Or is it just going to voicemail?

God the 'boss cutscene' after the cake in Chapter 1 was terribly directed. Could have been done in about half the time with quicker cuts and been far funnier. Oh well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

God the 'boss cutscene' after the cake in Chapter 1 was terribly directed. Could have been done in about half the time with quicker cuts and been far funnier. Oh well.

Yeah, voicemail. You have to pause and tab down to the phone menu.

Lucent

This really needs to be added to the OP or something if it hasn't. Though I know it wouldn't be fun to keep looking at page 1 for new stuff. This question just seems to get asked a lot. =P

I don't have the game though so I'm glad people are asking this stuff and I'm getting to know ahead of time. Will make the game easier to enjoy I'm sure.

Future

You can skip cutscenes once you've seen them by holding start and then pressing A.

She is saying that thanks to her mom, her and her sisters wear their vaginas proudly, which means they're proud women and are not ashamed to be female, but worded in a way to be a bit 'funny'.

You can skip some. But the in game cut scenes seem to be unskippable, especially long ones like boss intros. At least it seemed like that to me.

Ok, what's the best strategy to get multiple decaps. I find even when I have the whole crowd stunned. I often will do a chainsaw move that swings in such a way I will usually only get 3 at once if that. Feel like its luck of the draw to actually getting more since it feels so hard to guarantee the multi hit.

Game is more fun on hard. Butt stomp insta kills almost all special zombies, the grab takedown clears away masses, and now that I've bought more combo Enders she feels more responsive. Still not sure how long this will hold my attention.

NeoRausch

You can skip some. But the in game cut scenes seem to be unskippable, especially long ones like boss intros. At least it seemed like that to me.

Ok, what's the best strategy to get multiple decaps. I find even when I have the whole crowd stunned. I often will do a chainsaw move that swings in such a way I will usually only get 3 at once if that. Feel like its luck of the draw to actually getting more since it feels so hard to guarantee the multi hit.

Game is more fun on hard. Butt stomp insta kills almost all special zombies, the grab takedown clears away masses, and now that I've bought more combo Enders she feels more responsive. Still not sure how long this will hold my attention.

if the OP updates it needs this:

Who's the phone:
- To answere phone calls enter the pause menu, julietts stuff and flip over to the phone card

OMG!Those unskippable cutscenes:
-Once you've played through a stage the cutscenes ARE skippable. Just press start and then X.

DeVeAn

Just got this today and didn't get a chance to play. I have amazon prime 2 day shipping and they fed ex it 3 mins from my home at the USPS. So like always the game was all scratched up. Fucken USPS sucks. Why not just have the fed ex guy drive 3 more minutes to my door? My mailman stuffs the mail box all rude like which doesn't help.

Jintor

The camera's a little tetchy but it's not as bad as I thought it was when Shidoshi was whinging about it. The worst I've had is getting all up corners and getting a faceful of Juliet instead of the zombies I need to be drop-kicking.

I keep forgetting to use Mickey :( It's classic P-wing syndrome...

Beat Stage 2 last night and the infamous baseball minigame. Wasn't bad at all. Vikke wasn't as cool of a fight as Zed, but man that metal music at the beginning of the level and during the rooftops was fucking SICK and reminded me of somethig you'd hear in Brutal Legend.

Has anyone figured out how to trigger the QTE sequence at on Vikkes ship for the "Cheerleader Overboard" trophy?

And how on earth are you supposed to grab those medals on the rooftop without the building falling on you? I can only guess that you are given a speed booster later on for your chainsaw dash...

-PXG-

Grrrr. I need to get my copy. Damn you guys for building up hype. But I'm going to be gone all weekend
with my gf
. Still, I want to play this now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Grrrr. I need to get my copy. Damn you guys for building up hype. But I'm going to be gone all weekend
with my gf
. Still, I want to play this now.

She might want to play it. Apparently its a hit with ladies who wear their vaginas proudly.

Jintor

yeah, getting that has made life significantly easier. The combat is still nowhere near Bayonetta tier but at least it's levelled up to be more enjoyable than NMH tier. Kind of shitty you essentially have to buy your way to more enjoyment of the core combat but it's still okay.

These minigames really kill the pacing though.

Despite my words I'm really having fun though, just blasted through Level 3. So good. I wish the game didn't freeze your cursor when reloading though.

I don't think this is a good game, but I am having fun playing it. Contradictory, sure. The camera speeds vary wildly at times, graphically a mixed bag, controls are not fluid at all, and until you start getting combos the combat is pretty flat (which makes sense, but it doesn't make a good first impression). But the self-awareness is great and the combat does pick up once you start unlocking new stuff. It's definitely one of the strangest games I've ever played, and to be honest is the furthest I've gotten in a SUDA51 game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The A + X ( X + SQUARE) combo where you slide on the ground is pretty good for this.

I'm thinking of the four pompom + chainsaw attack where she spins the chainsaw around their ankles. So gud.

Also the one where you drill spin through the air.

Jintor

I don't think this is a good game, but I am having fun playing it. Contradictory, sure. The camera speeds vary wildly at times, graphically a mixed bag, controls are not fluid at all, and until you start getting combos the combat is pretty flat (which makes sense, but it doesn't make a good first impression). But the self-awareness is great and the combat does pick up once you start unlocking new stuff. It's definitely one of the strangest games I've ever played, and to be honest is the furthest I've gotten in a SUDA51 game.

It's like every time something happens that bugs me Nick or Juliet drop a line or something aesthetically pleasing shows up or something just batshit insane happens that just pulls me back in. I don't really care for the 'flow' of the main menu system, for example, but the UI presentation is exquisite.

clockpunk

Hmmm.. stylistically, I'd have included rollerblades for a sprint-style move, all the health increasing items be sweet/candy-based, but other than that... just playing through the first level is making me grin so much. This game is fun, and embodies the spirit of what games *should* be like.

Truly hope this pretty positive reception is reflected in the sales - I wouldn't mind a couple of new stages as DLC...

For every annoyance I experience with this game there is one awesome thing that blows it away and I end up laughing out loud. I really really hope there's dlc levels for this game, and even a sequel. So good.

My biggest gripes though are the camera and movement being a bit squirrely. It's hard to aim directly at enemies without lock. It's also dumb that the roulette game is mapped to the stick, as I repeatedly hit it on accident and waste my tickets. As others have said the pause menus are garbage despite the cool graphic design. Not a big deal though.

When I replay levels can I play them like normal or do I have to do the challenge mode or whatever? I just want a redo on a few of them I messed up on. Missed some lollipops and got bad grades.

I don't know what it is about the game exactly but I can't stop playing it. It's kinda janky, but I still love it. The licensed music in this game particulary awesome. From Joan Jett in the main menu to the Lollipop song, to Dead or Alive in stage 3, to Mickey playing everytime you activate Sparkle hunting... so awesome.

I thought my girlfriend would hate the game like she did Catherine ("you and your weird Japanese games") but she had a blast watching me play through the story, and a kick out of the music.

It's also dumb that the roulette game is mapped to the stick, as I repeatedly hit it on accident and waste my tickets.
You can cancel out of these. Press O or B.

Top Bottom