• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Lucent

My copy came today, and I'm on Stage 4 right now.

Not really feeling it. =\

Mine will be here tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be feeling it. lol. Godhand started off with few moves and it got better as I gained more, so I'm thinking this will be the same.

Haha, yeah that thread is something else.
In its defense, it's a short thread, unlike most of the circle jerks.

I actually went into this expecting NMH lite...er.

Honestly, the game instantly reminded me of Ill Bleed. This is a bonkers, janky, entertaining Dreamcast game about 10 years late.

kunonabi

In its defense, it's a short thread, unlike most of the circle jerks.

I actually went into this expecting NMH lite...er.

Honestly, the game instantly reminded me of Ill Bleed. This is a bonkers, janky, entertaining Dreamcast game about 10 years late.

No wonder I love it so much.

Are the sparkle kills random or do you have to activate them? I don't understand what's going on. I'm really starting to get frustrated and hate the game now. These mini games and QTEs are shit. Already turned it off after getting pissed off at them.

I'm on stage 3 and the baseball section, but on the third wave, Nick always gets overrun by zombies. I notice a sparkle kill activates before he gets mobbed. Am I missing something and not doing this right? The basketball minigame right before this was just as annoying.

RedSwirl

I actually wanna see a DigitalFoundry analysis of this game. In my opinion one of the better-looking UE3 games. Between this and Shadows of the Damned, Grasshopper seems to really know their way around the engine. The lighting, use of color, and textures all complement each other really well, and it's not nearly as jaggy as most console games.

Are the sparkle kills random or do you have to activate them? I don't understand what's going on. I'm really starting to get frustrated and hate the game now. These mini games and QTEs are shit. Already turned it off after getting pissed off at them.

I'm on stage 3 and the baseball section, but on the third wave, Nick always gets overrun by zombies. I notice a sparkle kill activates before he gets mobbed. Am I missing something and not doing this right? The basketball minigame right before this was just as annoying.
Sparkle kills happen when you kill 3 or more zombies with 1 swipe. When shooting, there's a small window of time where you can take 3 shots-3 kills to do the same thing.

Its easier to get them after you unlock all combos. Sparkle kills are the only feasible way to get platinum medals to buy costumes

Sparkle kills happen when you kill 3 or more zombies at the same time.

And the baseball section is real easy on Normal at least. Turn auto aim off, aim well enough and it's cake. Nick may get hit, but you shouldn't have that much trouble.

Grisby

Try deactivating the auto aim. I found that section troubling and was gonna turn it off on another playthrough.

Also you have to line up zombies who are dazed (stars around head) and kill them to get sparkle kills. It can be reall rough getting them to be in your swing arc though.

Ninjimbo

This game is really something. It's not the most polished nor the most complex in terms of combat, but I love the hell out of it. The carefree design is what makes it for me. The developers seem like they were having fun making it and the script helps a lot with that. There's a lot of crazy done in a silly tone like punk rock zombies and airships. Love it.

I'm glad I picked it up. It was a bit of a gamble since I've never really played a Grasshopper game before.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So the
birthday cake
section glitched up on me, and the last zombie is frozen, outside the area and I can't reach him.

Hm. Not cool.

EDIT: Huh. Paused the game for a few minutes, unpaused, and he was unfrozen. Neat.

Try deactivating the auto aim. I found that section troubling and was gonna turn it off on another playthrough.

Also you have to line up zombies who are dazed (stars around head) and kill them to get sparkle kills. It can be reall rough getting them to be in your swing arc though.

Tried it. It helped a bit but I still can't beat it.
Got Nick to third base with full health, sparkle kill activates, suddenly I've got mobs around him, and Nick is dead in less than a second.
Fuck this game.

I'll try again tomorrow but I don't have the patience for a second playthrough if just the third stage is annoying the shit out of me.

Tried it. It helped a bit but I still can't beat it.
Got Nick to third base with full health, sparkle kill activates, suddenly I've got mobs around him, and Nick is dead in less than a second.
Fuck this game.

I'll try again tomorrow but I don't have the patience for a second playthrough if just the third stage is annoying the shit out of me.

Wha? I don't understand this. What difficulty are you on? How is
Nick getting swarmed?
Just continuously scan the area and cap zombies as they spawn, or just focus on him the entire time and get them as they get close. It was really easy for me once I turned auto aim off.

Garcia Hotspur

Neo Member
Does anyone know how to unlock the Cordelia, Rosaline outfits?

Beat Dad's score on stage 2 and 3 then you can buy them. (Think it's those two stages.)

Also stage 2 was the hardest for me to beat Dad's score on for some reason, so heres some tips:

-play on Hard mode, there will be more zombies and Dad's score doesn't change from normal to hard.
-buy a bunch of Nick Tickets and Nick Shake. Use Nick Shake every chance you can for zombie medal bonuses. You can use it once per
checkpoint. It's pretty easy to time Nick Shake on the roulette too. Just activate the roulette and press A as fast as possible. Also don't forget you can exit the roulette by pressing B.

Wha? I don't understand this. What difficulty are you on? How is
Nick getting swarmed?
Just continuously scan the area and cap zombies as they spawn, or just focus on him the entire time and get them as they get close. It was really easy for me once I turned auto aim off.

I'm only playing on Normal. I've been doing fine up until these mini games.

I have no idea. Maybe the sparkle kill threw me off. I noticed a pitcher coming up before it and a cheerleader coming around. Then his health just goes to zero out of nowhere after it finishes.

I'll play it again when I'm less angry, but if the rest of the levels have this, then I'm glad this is a short game.

I'm only playing on Normal. I've been doing fine up until these mini games.

I have no idea. Maybe the sparkle kill threw me off. I noticed a pitcher coming up before it and a cheerleader coming around. Then his health just goes to zero out of nowhere after it finishes.

I'll play it again when I'm less angry, but if the rest of the levels have this, then I'm glad this is a short game.

Maybe it's glitching or something because I really didn't have any issues. I failed twice due to the horrendous auto aim but switched and got past it right away the next attempt. Weird.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, by the way, if my previous post didn't make it clear, I've joined the party. :D

Aside from that one little glitch, I'm loving the HELL outta this game.

Grisby

Beat Dad's score on stage 2 and 3 then you can buy them. (Think it's those two stages.)

Also stage 2 was the hardest for me to beat Dad's score on for some reason, so heres some tips:

-play on Hard mode, there will be more zombies and Dad's score doesn't change from normal to hard.
-buy a bunch of Nick Tickets and Nick Shake. Use Nick Shake every chance you can for zombie medal bonuses. You can use it once per
checkpoint. It's pretty easy to time Nick Shake on the roulette too. Just activate the roulette and press A as fast as possible. Also don't forget you can exit the roulette by pressing B.
Thanks bud. Didn't know you could back out of Nick roulette.

JambiBum

I'm on hard now, and besides some issues with the camera, I am enjoying this for what it is. I didn't plan on getting it at all until I watched it on some streams and noticed how much fun people were having. Lo and behold, so am I. Does anyone know what Dad's score is on the prologue? I'm playing hard now and I have stages 1 and 4 done (did 4 on normal) but when I played the prologue this time around I didn't seem to beat his score even though I got an A+.

Also, something I found out in regards to the Zed's balls achievement, the number of balls you counter carries over each play through. You are supposed to dodge 15, but on my hard play through I only dodged 5 and I got it. I got tired of dodging them on my first play through so I just killed him early.

Garcia Hotspur

Neo Member
I'm on hard now, and besides some issues with the camera, I am enjoying this for what it is. I didn't plan on getting it at all until I watched it on some streams and noticed how much fun people were having. Lo and behold, so am I. Does anyone know what Dad's score is on the prologue? I'm playing hard now and I have stages 1 and 4 done (did 4 on normal) but when I played the prologue this time around I didn't seem to beat his score even though I got an A+.

Also, something I found out in regards to the Zed's balls achievement, the number of balls you counter carries over each play through. You are supposed to dodge 15, but on my hard play through I only dodged 5 and I got it. I got tired of dodging them on my first play through so I just killed him early.

You can check Dad's scores on every stage in the leaderboards in Juliet's Room.

Game arrived today...I'm midway through the first Chapter right now and I'm loving it. Once I got a hang of the combat it's really fun. Drop kicks seem to be the most useful attack right now but I'm sure once I start unlocking combos the combat will become deeper.

I've been laughing a lot, too, so I guess this humor is right up my alley. Definitely worth the purchase so far.

branny

Try finishing the game and unlocking more moves. Probably you need to expand the move set if not well the game is a Grasshopper game which most if not all are a love or hate relationship.
Yeah, the new moves really help. I just finished my first run through on Normal and am eager to get into what seems like the point of the game (playing repeatedly on different difficulties for points).

I'm warming up to the game. I think it does a lot of stuff better than NMH/NMH2, so I'm glad GAF wasn't wrong on that. :)

Dizzle24

Got the "7 Sparkle Kill" trophy! And got my first A, on stage 3. Doing well so far with combat and points grades, it's the clear time that's killing me...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, the new moves really help. I just finished my first run through on Normal and am eager to get into what seems like the point of the game (playing repeatedly on different difficulties for points).

I'm warming up to the game. I think it does a lot of stuff better than NMH/NMH2, so I'm glad GAF wasn't wrong on that. :)

Wait till you get all and start going on shopping spree and then doing better grades. it can really become addictive after all is out.

Lucent

Yeah and people hav just as much of a right to respond to his venting. It is a public forum, no?

Ultimately, i'll never ever understand why people feel the need to talk about something they don't like. Fucking move on with your life and play somethin you do enjoy or get a diary. What is it you expect the rest of us to do? Nod our collective heads in agreement?

It's one thing to have a constructive position about what doesnt work but aggressive ventig for te sake of venting and getting defense is utterly pointless. Don't shit on our party. Move on. And vice versa. If you're making constructive points about ehat doesnt work, those of us who love this game need nkt be aggressive or defensive in response.

Exactly this. It's okay to come in and give your thoughts about a game. The only time it's not okay is if it's to bash the game repeatedly or bash the people who love it. If it's constructive criticism that becomes a conversation about how the game can improve and stuff, I think that's fine. I don't like when people come in a thread though and just say "game sux". lol. Not saying he did or anything. It's really irritating though when people come in and say they hate the game in one thread about it, and then they see other threads that talk about the same game just to say it sucks again. I usually only see that on kotaku and stuff though.

Yeah and people hav just as much of a right to respond to his venting. It is a public forum, no?

Ultimately, i'll never ever understand why people feel the need to talk about something they don't like. Fucking move on with your life and play somethin you do enjoy or get a diary. What is it you expect the rest of us to do? Nod our collective heads in agreement?

It's one thing to have a constructive position about what doesnt work but aggressive ventig for te sake of venting and getting defense is utterly pointless. Don't shit on our party. Move on. And vice versa. If you're making constructive points about ehat doesnt work, those of us who love this game need nkt be aggressive or defensive in response.

They also have the responsibility to respect others' opinions. "lol don't care" is not being respectful. People don't want trolls running in and bashing them for liking the game, which is acceptable with your view.

Also, you basically asked why people have opinions.

Lucent

I know this is kinda random, but I was wondering, does the controller give some feedback when you hit enemies and/or get hit by them? It always feels better to me when I hit an enemy and I feel it. Helps me get more into it.

The real game begins when you get that Square > Triangle move in Stage 3. Then you can actually start scoring instead of relying on dropkicks to get the job done.

This game strips away every shred of masculinity I might have left and I'm loving it.

I really enjoy playing NG+ with this, but I can't help but feel like I'm spinning my wheels since it's just achievements and costumes to unlock now. I'm going to shelve it and move on with my backlog, love the game though.

I think there's a certain kind of personality that needs to go into a room full of people and disagree with them.

I think that's pretty much the majority of internet forum posters. We can all deny as much as we want that we no longer belong to that church of thought, but we've all been thay guy at least once, and some days GAF is our crystal cathedral.

JEKKI

heyyy I think Im getting better lol

NYojk.jpg

stupid azz game doesnt have an instruction manual... how else am I supposed to kno about hey Mickey mode?!?!?!

seriously it's so broken! when u turn it on all u do is mash buttons and you're getting like 5x sparkly zombie kills.

it's like Epic Mickey 2!!

Stage 2 beat. Don't think I liked
Vikke
as much as
Zed
, but it was still a really fun fight as was the stage.

And the dialogue in this is still amazing. "I can't get this Katy Perry song out of my head. What a way to die!" :lol

Stage 2 beat. Don't think I liked
Vikke
as much as
Zed
, but it was still a really fun fight as was the stage.

Yeah I just finished the second stage, too. Definitely liked the first stage boss way more.

Really digging the game overall, though. The
cake and baseball
parts weren't too difficult for me but I am playing on Normal the first time through. Also, can I just put in my two cents on how awesome the soundtrack is? Not just the licensed music, obviously, but the stage tracks as well are addictive as hell.

It's a public forum and he has just as much right to vent about something that upsets him. He doesn't need a diary, that's why he's on a forum. If it bothers you so much, move on with your fucking life and don't bother to read his responses. There's an ignore feature for a reason. Your just as much as a problem if your getting panties in a knot just because someone doesn't like what you like.

george_us

I honestly can't stop playing this game and I have no idea why. The actually gameplay is fairly average but it's so much fun popping zombie heads and the whole 80s/90s Valley Girl aesthetic has me smitten.

Flynn

Is this in reference to LuchaShaq?

He gave reasons why he didn't like it. I don't get why people are getting defensive about it.

No, man. Just talking in broad strokes. I've been that guy too. It's all about when you stop yelling and decide that trying to convince the planet that your opinion is the correct one.

I honestly can't stop playing this game and I have no idea why. The actually gameplay is fairly average but it's so much fun popping zombie heads and the whole 80s/90s Valley Girl aesthetic has me smitten.

Same. There's something supremely satisfying about that final hit in a combo that kills a bunch of zombies in the same way it was satisfying to decapitate people in No More Heroes. All the rainbows and coins go flying + Juliet and Nick crackin' wise. So good.

Top Bottom