• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Jintor

Stage 3
Crop harvesting was a great concept but in practice it was just 'drive really slowly around this field'. And then it was 'drive really slowly around this field but don't run into barrels or you instant-lose'.

Meh.

orion434

Completed the game with 100% yesterday, even got all the costumes. I was Rank #3 on Stage 6 in Ranking Mode. Great game, remined me of P.N.03 with the scoring once you have maxed out Combos and Attributes.

Volcynika

Stage 3
Crop harvesting was a great concept but in practice it was just 'drive really slowly around this field'. And then it was 'drive really slowly around this field but don't run into barrels or you instant-lose'.

Meh.

You don't actually instant lose! I hit like two and it did some damage to my health.

I've been playing on the 360 version and the load times seem to be 5-10 seconds. This is with a hard drive install.

Just wanted to put it out there for people on the fence about wheteher the 360 version has bad load times as well.

Finished it over the weekend and loved every second. I grinded enough through befiore the the end and managed to have Juliet fully upgraded and practically all the combos including
the fucking awesome Travis-esque suplex
. Managed to beat Dad's score in Stages 5 AND 6 without realizing it so that was an awesome surprise.The ending was fucking fantastic and was surprisingly one of the most satsifying that I've experienced this gen.

Some stuff:

-One of the tracks in Stage 4 has a guitar solo thats a borderline direct ripoff of Hendrix's "Purple Haze". Sounds awesome though.

-Fuck the Gondola trophy

-I'm a little disappointed that you can't carry over the Chainsaw Blaster or the Dash when you finish. You get all of the combos and all of the Nick specials, but no alt weapons. Not cool.

Stage 3

Meh.

Aw, I thought it was a fun change of pace that didn't make me want to tear my hair out. :p

I find all Stages to equally cool, but it felt like the final two went by so fuckin quick. It didnt help that the bosses were pushovers either, including the final. Of course, being maxed out by this point was probably the reason.

Galdelico

No, it's a UE 3 game and they tend to run a little better on 360.
Maybe it will turn out to be better on PS3 in the end, but this time round (unlike Shadows of the Damned) the game runs pretty much flawlessly on 360... No tearing, quick loading times, I didn't notice any slowdown or choppy moment. Textures, resolution and light's effects seemed to me all just fine.

After one playthrough and half I'd say Lollipop Chainsaw plays really solid on 360.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
No, either is fine.

I'm on stage 4 right now, and I think the worst stage by far, is stage 2, as it's 90% chainsaw dashing, and it just wasn't interesting compared to 1, 3, and 4 so far.

I don't know, I kinda like 2. 3 is probably my least favorite, just because it seems to drag on for so long. It's cool the first time through, but subsequent replays just feel like they take forever. They probably could have cut out the second
combine
segment and the second
"tripping"
segment and it still would have been a good level.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Loading times seems to be where Xbox has the edge. The game has minor screen tearing in some places but some people might not even notice. The framerate is good in both versions from what I could tell.

Grisby

The loading times length wasn't a problem for me (uninstalled, Xbox) but just how frequently they popped up. I felt like the placement could have been better as to not ruin the pace but some just seemed like they were put in by an amateur.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This game will be my first platinum trophy. Will do it tomorrow since today I had bad luck with my internet going down as I was in the process. Only trophy missing the World Rank stuff which I will do it on easy just to get it.

Easy Platinum if you all ask me. ^_^

Just finished it over the weekend, personally I really liked it.
The gameplay was more fun and varied than some of the other recent Grasshopper games, although some of the minigames could have done without as much repetition.
I thought the combat system worked well, there was a very natural sense of progression with the unlocking of new moves that kept it from becoming tedious (In fact I would say the game is even more fun once you've unlocked a fair amount of combos).
The dialogue and banter really surprised me, most of it was successful at being genuinely quite funny.
Soundtrack is great and good use of licensed music also.
I wouldn't say it's better than No More Heroes but I'd certainly put it above Shadows of the Damned.
Anyway I think Grasshopper are a great studio and hope they continue to make fun, interesting and different games.

JoeFu

Banned
Been taking this game slow, just beat stage 4.

I love this game!!!!

The zombie descriptions are freaking amazing, was laughing at every single one.

tearsofash

Stopped playing last Wednesday due to getting really busy, and finally finished the last two stages tonight. Great game all around.

There were some technical issues with the PS3 version. Loading times really got on my nerves, and so did screen tearing. Fixed the screen tearing by only allowing 720p on the PS3.

I got the bad ending, not sure how that all works.. But whatever. I thought I saved all the students.

NeoRausch

Stopped playing last Wednesday due to getting really busy, and finally finished the last two stages tonight. Great game all around.

There were some technical issues with the PS3 version. Loading times really got on my nerves, and so did screen tearing. Fixed the screen tearing by only allowing 720p on the PS3.

I got the bad ending, not sure how that all works.. But whatever. I thought I saved all the students.

On PS3: go to the pause menu and press the square button. You will then get a list of all students. The ones you saved are crossed out.

tearsofash

On PS3: go to the pause menu and press the square button. You will then get a list of all students. The ones you saved are crossed out.

Thanks.

Just got the good ending now. I think I've spent enough time with this game. I need to sleep or all I'm gonna see is zombies!

Tizoc

So is this game really '4 hours' long? Cuz my friend had to repeat a stage due to some save date loading issues and he already spent 2 hours on it previously.

TGMIII

So is this game really '4 hours' long? Cuz my friend had to repeat a stage due to some save date loading issues and he already spent 2 hours on it previously.

Took me around 6.5 hours, give or take, on Hard for my first playthrough, I took my time though since I heard it was short. If you play on Normal I'm sure it will take way less than that since the game is a lot easier and some of the harder enemies don't appear until Hard.

Definitely took me longer than that, and I was playing on normal. It really doesn't matter though overall, I've played through 2 or 3 more times, and will continue to do so. Still have lots of costumes to unlock, and achievements to do.

orion434

Does anyone know if you can get the bad ending, and then go save the remaining students and replay the last level to get the good ending?

Also if you get the "Good" ending first you obviously can't NOT save all students at this point... but upon completing the game again you are asked if you want to view the good ending, selecting no will give you the bad ending.

MjFrancis

The more I unlock, the more this game really opens up. It's no Bayonetta, that's for sure, but it's been enjoyable enough that I plan on beating Dad's score and nabbing all the achievements along the way. After a first playthrough I beat Dad's high score on level 5 and that was it. Putting another ten plus hours into this game shouldn't be so hard or discouraging to get all the other achievements.

Regarding game time, it was an easy 4 hour game on Normal. "Good" ending on the first try. Getting everything else is going to take a bit more time, however.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I'll try asking again since I didn't get any reply last time I asked:

I'm thinking of getting Lollipop Chainsaw, and I can get it new off Amazon UK for about half the price of what it'd cost here in Norway. But the Amazon UK version only comes with two costumes, while buying locally would net me all bonus costumes. Will the bonus costumes be put up on PSN for sale so that I can eventually just get them later, and if I import the UK version of the game, it should still be compatible with DLC/costumes bought off the non-UK EU store, right?

ShinAmano

I wanted to check to see if anyone had any extra 360 costume codes that they would like to share with me? i dont have any of them, so any would be a nice treat.

I am on the 4th stage and loving it so far. I did spend all my platinums on concept art on accident though...thought it was 5 golds...ugh.

jbug617

Banned
Finished it last night. Got the bad ending but I don't think I will replay this game right now. The game is good but the repetitive comments got on my nerves.

I'll try asking again since I didn't get any reply last time I asked:

I'm thinking of getting Lollipop Chainsaw, and I can get it new off Amazon UK for about half the price of what it'd cost here in Norway. But the Amazon UK version only comes with two costumes, while buying locally would net me all bonus costumes. Will the bonus costumes be put up on PSN for sale so that I can eventually just get them later, and if I import the UK version of the game, it should still be compatible with DLC/costumes bought off the non-UK EU store, right?

There's never been any confirmation from WB Games or Grasshopper Manufacture that the retailer bonus costumes will be made available as DLC. DLC has never been mentioned for Lollipop ever.

That being said, two recent WB games that did have retailer bonus costumes were eventually sold on XBL/PSN some three months after launch. Those being Batman Arkham City and MK9.

So there' evidence that they will be sold at a later date, but there's just as much evidence that they won't.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
There's never been any confirmation from WB Games or Grasshopper Manufacture that the retailer bonus costumes will be made available as DLC. DLC has never been mentioned for Lollipop ever.

That being said, two recent WB games that did have retailer bonus costumes were eventually sold on XBL/PSN some three months after launch. Those being Batman Arkham City and MK9.

So there' evidence that they will be sold at a later date, but there's just as much evidence that they won't.

Thanks. I think I might just spring for the cheaper UK import then, and hope for the costumes to be available as DLC later on.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Anyone have a favorite boss? Mine is probably
__Zed__
, I like the battle and the music helps make it my favorite.

My personal favorite boss was
Lewis Legend.
I loved all of the forms of the boss fight, I really liked them music,
and I really like how he just keeps coming back getting more and more damaged but working with what he has left of his giant Elephant mecha. Also, whoever voiced him is a badass.

I played the game for the first time on Hard Mode, and while I did explore a small bit (and was stuck on the infamous Cake scene for about 30 minutes), it took me about eight and a half hours to beat the game the first time. I was destroying objects for coins and the enemies have more health on hard over normal and there's more of them, though.

Top Bottom