• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

CNN seems to be reporting that the rioting appears to be over for the most part. I've been pretty absorbed with work over the last week so, while I knew that this was occurring, I haven't been watching too closely. Is it over? Or just over for now?

SiriusTexra said:
Just the timing of it, it's too perfect.

This is probably just a coerced training drill for police to get them prepared for the real riots that are about to occur once the economy accidentally all over the floor.

I'm not buying some anarchists are pissed at some random fuck being dead. No way. Police have been known to pretend to be anarchists. That's fact.
These are the same anti riot cops who get thrills with batoning random women in crowds, now their favorite punching bags, scumfuck junkies are running around and they're NOT doing anything?

Are they waiting for the public to demand full on martial law or something? What's the game here? Is it just to demonize protesting in the future? Seeing the governmental policy reaction to this should be interesting.

Create a problem and everyone will beg for a solution. More guns, more rights taken away, please protect us, more searches, everyone's a potential criminal. It's like watching how 1984 happens. People end up wanting their own suffocation, it's hilarious.

The real problem here, is that the police aren't doing anything, and now people are demanding ACTUAL BULLETS for these "rioters". Somethings fucking off. Did Dr Who recently feature a rioter stepping on a bunny rabbit or something.

Either an incredible troll or masterful idiocy. Can't say which after all this time on GAF.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
even if these guys dont get put away for this they wont ever get a job due to the fact they were looting shops whos going to employ someone who did that lol.

SteveWD40

Keikaku said:
CNN seems to be reporting that the rioting appears to be over for the most part. I've been pretty absorbed with work over the last week so, while I knew that this was occurring, I haven't been watching too closely. Is it over? Or just over for now?

It won't kick off to the same level I don't think, not now the Police are off the leash (it started due to the Police letting looters have a free reign in London for a day).

As I said last page, the hundreds of "casual looters" who made it so hard for the police to manage are getting upto 8 month jail terms, that will put off 99% of them.

SmokyDave said:
Good post but I disagree with the idea that everyone commenting is removed from the situation (I'm certainly not). I'd also say that no-one listened when I said this would happen 5 or 10 years ago. These events haven't come as a surprise to me, nor is my opinion a knee-jerk reaction.

Indeed. I lived on a fucking Hackney estate until I was 9 and my dad found a job beyond clerical level. I know what it's like, I have been saying this for years, the feral underclass are being bribed to keep quiet with benefits. Like you, Dave, my opinion is anything but a knee jerk reaction. Labour camps, boot camps etc... are a long term, lasting solution for these arseholes. Jail is useless, a friend of mine works for Microsoft wholesale and they received and order from the UK prison service for 5,000 Xboxen.

Boot camp is what these cunts need, getting them into shape and getting them used to a proper chain of command where they are on the bottom rung, because right now they think they are best of the best and they are entitled to everybody else's possessions.

Anti-social behaviour and looting needs to be met with behavioural correction, not 'oh diddums is so special and looting is wrong'. Force must be met with aggression from the police, real physical danger is the only thing the fucks will understand.

daviyoung

Banned
SiriusTexra said:
This is probably just a coerced training drill for police to get them prepared for the real riots that are about to occur once the economy accidentally all over the floor.

...and a single conspiracy nut that no-one will believe

Knight77

Gary Whitta said:

I'm Italian and in Italy so probably I'll never be lucky enought to have my hair cut by him, by the way I couldn't resist and donate. I hope his shop will reopen.

Glad to help and I also hope this will end soon.

P.S. I'm 34 and one of my dream has been (since always) to visit London, maybe even find a job there, but...well lucky I couldn't do that this summer.

Knight77 said:
I'm Italian and in Italy so probably I'll never be lucky enought to have my hair cut by him, by the way I couldn't resist and donate. I hope his shop will reopen.

Glad to help and I also hope this will end soon.

P.S. I'm 34 and one of my dream has been (since always) to visit London, maybe even find a job there, but...well lucky I couldn't do that this summer.

I know there's some opening in the construction business.

Prine

Banned
Id support Parents getting taxed a for child antisocial behavior. Given they're under the care of the parent they need to be responsible for their behavior. Not a tax outright but some form of 3 strike policy.

Yo Gotti

Banned
zomgbbqftw said:
Boot camp is what these cunts need, getting them into shape and getting them used to a proper chain of command where they are on the bottom rung, because right now they think they are best of the best and they are entitled to everybody else's possessions.

Boot camp.... right....

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
A human life is worth more than a tv.

Also guys lets face it, if we get a warm day at the weekend, once all the chavs start drinking they will be back out Friday/Saturday night.

I predict anyway.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well my mum sent an email saying every is alright where she is and they are taking a bus up to central London. Glad I don't have to worry so much now.

Chinner

Banned
Kentpaul said:
A human life is worth more than a tv.

Also guys lets face it, if we get a warm day at the weekend, once all the chavs start drinking they will be back out Friday/Saturday night.

I predict anyway.
so? this is about morality. i think you're right, anybody who steals anything should be killed. stealing is wrong and i don't care if you're trying to feed your family you've just ruined somebody's life and you deserve to burn in hell.

Cyport

I keep hearing small rumours of friday being a big day planned for riots. I hope not but seems like more town gangs are getting involved

suedester

Banned
228860_175758752497549_175429459197145_430417_2471446_n.jpg

Zomba13

Chinner said:
so? this is about morality. i think you're right, anybody who steals anything should be killed. stealing is wrong and i don't care if you're trying to feed your family you've just ruined somebody's life and you deserve to burn in hell.
XD
Like any of the looters are trying to feed their families (except maybe the rice guy).

IpsoFacto

Short, simple and to the point...

Understand what has happened in 2011 in Great Britain. This is not social revolution. There is no list of grievances. There are no spokesmen. This is well-organized banditry. This is the most dangerous of all mobs: one without a leader to negotiate with or arrest.

(...)

I have a different analysis regarding the causes. First, there is state-funded education, k-12 (or dropping out). Second, there are minimum wage laws, which hit black teenage males most of all. Third, there is a complete breakdown of families, subsidized by state welfare. Fourth, there is envy. Fifth, there is jealousy. Sixth, the cost of organizing violence is falling steadily. The fun and excitement of violence are tempting to young men with no roots and no fathers at home. When you have a falling price for a forbidden fruit, you get riots. Combine it with racial hatred and a life of envy, and you get riots.

The jealous steal. The envious burn. They're already in a city near you.

There will be an incident. There always is.

There may be a riot. If there is, governments will react. Freedoms will be removed. Voters will cheer.

Violence feeds on itself.

DiscoJer

Chinner said:

The riots are in England, which is one of the biggest, most generous welfare states in the world. They were using Blackberries to coordinate things. They weren't stealing TVs for food...

Personally, I don't think there is a solution. I think it's just that Western culture has been hating itself for close to a 100 years now and it's gotten to a point where it's completely nihilistic. Compare it to those of the Turks and Kurds and other immigrants - their youths stood in front of stores protecting it from these rioters.

They still have pride in their own culture, and thus themselves. But Westerners have been taught hate themselves and their culture. And those that don't are called racists or xenophobes or such (as if it's not okay to like both your culture and others)...or simply even just "Vigilantes"

Anyway, here is one of the most public of the arrested

Among the accused was, for instance, Laura Johnson, the 19-year-old daughter of a successful company director. She lives in a detached converted farmhouse in Orpington, Kent, with extensive grounds and a tennis court.

She is an English and Italian undergraduate at Exeter, favourite of the Boden-wearing classes. Before that, she attended St Olave’s Grammar, the fourth-best state school in the country, and its sister school, Newstead Wood, gaining nine GCSE A grades and four A*s.

At St Olave’s, she studied A-levels in French, English literature, geography and classical civilisation. Yesterday, at Highbury, she was accused of something slightly less civilised – looting the Charlton Curry’s superstore of electrical goods worth £5,000.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-grammar-school-girl-in-court-over-riots.html

Doesn't seem like she was stealing TVs for food.

Kentpaul

DiscoJer said:
The riots are in England, which is one of the biggest, most generous welfare states in the world. They were using Blackberries to coordinate things. They weren't stealing TVs for food...

Personally, I don't think there is a solution. I think it's just that Western culture has been hating itself for close to a 100 years now and it's gotten to a point where it's completely nihilistic. Compare it to those of the Turks and Kurds and other immigrants - their youths stood in front of stores protecting it from these rioters.

They still have pride in their own culture, and thus themselves. But Westerners have been taught hate themselves and their culture. And those that don't are called racists or xenophobes or such (as if it's not okay to like both your culture and others)...or simply even just "Vigilantes"

Anyway, here is one of the most public of the arrested

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-grammar-school-girl-in-court-over-riots.html

Doesn't seem like she was stealing TVs for food.

People forget when you are born in the UK you have won the lottery of life, our poor can afford smartphones, expensive clothing ect, you need to just scale our poor to our society (our middle class owning 3,4 cars per house hold for example)

Wiseblade

zomgbbqftw said:
Indeed. I lived on a fucking Hackney estate until I was 9 and my dad found a job beyond clerical level. I know what it's like, I have been saying this for years, the feral underclass are being bribed to keep quiet with benefits. Like you, Dave, my opinion is anything but a knee jerk reaction. Labour camps, boot camps etc... are a long term, lasting solution for these arseholes. Jail is useless, a friend of mine works for Microsoft wholesale and they received and order from the UK prison service for 5,000 Xboxen.

Anti-social behaviour and looting needs to be met with behavioural correction, not 'oh diddums is so special and looting is wrong'. Force must be met with aggression from the police, real physical danger is the only thing the fucks will understand.

How it this a long term solution? How does "digging and filling the same hole" solve anything long term? when you eventually release them into society they'll be exactly the same as they were before.

Kentpaul

These people need jobs not prison, there going to spent there sentence popping benzo's and working out.

Let them settle into a job they enjoy, you will find them all hanging around pool halls talking about what they will do when they have free time.

Jobs are the only way forward here.

So, Looking forwards to the commons debate:

The government response is going to be very interesting, after civil unrest there is usually some sort of right wing undercurrent that governments latch onto. However, in a coalition, with there being no specific rules in the coalition agreement for this sort of stuff any hardline legislation may face opposition from certain groups in the Lib Dems.

Of course we have to hope that Labour doesn't follow along with anything too drastic.

although any legislation would probably be giving police more power, particularly in situations like this, This would probably be a good excuse to reduce benefits for certain people..

so if this isn't handled right we'll see the same situation next year.

MLH

Kentpaul said:
These people need jobs not prison, there going to spent there sentence popping benzo's and working out.

Let them settle into a job they enjoy, you will find them all hanging around pool halls talking about what they will do when they have free time.

Jobs are the only way forward here.

We've seen many people who have respectable jobs looting (Teacher, Graphic Designer, English Literature graduate). It's quite worrying to see so many of these people whom are willing to commit crimes when people's heads are turned.

Chinner

Banned
DiscoJer said:

exactly these people have no excuses, this country needs to be cleansed. just as the nazis chose blond hair and blue eyes, we need to be specific about the right kind of citizezn. firstly, we should ban tracksuits and white cider and anybody caught wearing those should be put in a work camp for a month.

Chinner said:
exactly these people have no excuses, this country needs to be cleansed. just as the nazis chose blond hair and blue eyes, we need to be specific about the right kind of citizezn. firstly, we should ban tracksuits and white cider and anybody caught wearing those should be put in a work camp for a month.

I'm not sure if you're an actual nazi or an ironic nazi?

SmokyDave

Subliminal said:
He's an ironic nazi. He gives us real nazi's a bad name because he starts flapping his wings whenever any wet work needs doing. Can't fit a little leather cap on his head either.

Am I the only one expecting it to flare up again in pockets over the weekend?

Kentpaul

MLH said:
We've seen many people who have respectable jobs looting (Teacher, Graphic Designer, English Literature graduate). It's quite worrying to see so many of these people whom are willing to commit crimes when people's heads are turned.

I find it pretty creepy that teachers are out rioting with kids as young as 11,12, perhaps they thought all law and order has gone forever, and it was time for them to run with the wild gangs of London before the gangs started an onslaught.

I personally thought all law and order had come to an end, i expected the BBC to be raided and the chavs taking over the tv system, i expected police stations to be raided and them to free there fallen comrades.

Bit once the rain stopped them i released all law and order will stand strong.

Dabanton

UK riots: how do Boris Johnson's Bullingdon antics compare?

London's mayor had a relaxed attitude to a bit of property-trashing in his Oxford days

'An excessive sense of entitlement" was what the mayor of London ascribed to those looting their way across our sceptred isle – but he could have been referring to himself. In the mid-to-late 80s, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson – not to mention David Cameron and his now chancellor George Osborne – were members of the notorious Bullingdon Club, the Oxford university "dining" clique that smashed their way through restaurant crockery, car windscreens and antique violins all over the city of knowledge.

Not unlike a certain section of today's youth, the "Bullers" have little regard for property. Prospective members often have their rooms trashed by their new-found friends, while the club has a reputation for ritualistic plate-smashing at unsuspecting country pubs. It has been banned from several establishments, while contemporary Bullers are said to chant, at all hours: "Buller, Buller, Buller! Buller, Buller, Buller! We are the famous Bullingdon Club, and we don't give a fuck!"

"This behaviour was criminal behaviour," said Johnson of the recent riots – but in the past his attitude to vandalism has been more nuanced. In his and Cameron's day, the Bullingdon was most notorious for heaving a weighty flowerpot through the window of a distinguished Oxford eaterie. Cameron, it is said, had already left the scene, but Johnson was so proud that for a time he claimed he was arrested for his part in these exploits. In fact, he simply hid in the shrubbery at the city's botanical gardens. Lucky there were no 24-hour magistrates' courts in those days.

Maybe the looters should have said they were from Oxford.

SmokyDave said:

I think so too. Once London policing is back to normal they will come back and start looting again. They know they can get away with it. Without the threat of real physical violence (the only thing these savages understand) London will be facing a continual threat from these cunts. GMP figured that out already and beat the fuck out of everyone, once it hit YouTube the rest of the cunts stayed away.

Wiseblade

Subliminal said:
Chinner's just highlighting how many people are using the riots as an excuse to express their bloodlust without getting dirty looks.

SmokyDave

zomgbbqftw said:
I think so too. Once London policing is back to normal they will come back and start looting again. They know they can get away with it. Without the threat of real physical violence (the only thing these savages understand) London will be facing a continual threat from these cunts. GMP figured that out already and beat the fuck out of everyone, once it hit YouTube the rest of the cunts stayed away.
Pretty much my thoughts. I haven't seen anything to suggest that we have 'dealt' with this issue, it just seems like the looters have gotten tired and yesterday was wet. I'm not sure that lessons have been learned in the wider populace.

I guess we just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed the country has seen enough and the wheels of correction will now turn regardless.

Twinduct

SmokyDave said:
He's an ironic nazi. He gives us real nazi's a bad name because he starts flapping his wings whenever any wet work needs doing. Can't fit a little leather cap on his head either.

As long as it stays inside the main cities, then I'm happy (rather say, less worried).
Parents going to England for some holiday, luckily it's to a remote village in the country side.

Michan

This is how I think the education system should work:

Compulsory until 20. At 16, you either enter into higher education (college/university), or you're auto-drafted into the army.

Kentpaul

Wiseblade said:
Chinner's just highlighting how many people are using the riots as an excuse to express their bloodlust without getting dirty looks.

Under chinners regime, They kids you see all day in tracksuits and soccer shirts playing soccer all day (doing no harm) will be sentenced to labor camps.

Ghastly regime

Michan said:

Compulsory until 20. At 16, you either enter into higher education (college/university), or you're auto-drafted into the army.

What about vocational jobs? Should we continue to import labour from eastern Europe or actually make sure there is something for these guys to do? University isn't the be all and end all.

Michan said:

Wtf? Look at the university fees right now. Would fees be upheld in your vision? Or will the rich study and the poor fight?

Watching upper class man who went to grammar or private schools, live in lovely neighbourhoods, gathering to discuss the underclass youth problem in the country is kind of pathetic. They'll just use this as another platform to blame each other - where most of their anger will come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom