• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furret

Banned
Wrestlemania said:
I just think it's a needlessly emotive turn of phrase to attach to a couple of people who jumped on the bandwagon and nicked a couple of shirts and a bottle of wine.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ, I think you may even be a lower form of scum than them.

Furret

Banned
fortified_concept said:
I won't expand on why I'm on the side of these demonstrators, everyone who knows me as a poster knows that's I'll always be on the side of the poor and disenfranchised even when they respond violently and I always think there are more reasons than the obvious for large scale uprisings.

What I want to stress here is how just like the wikileaks case western "democracy" is showing its true colours when it's cornered. Cameron is talking about bringing the military and censoring the internet to "stop these riots". Their hypocrisy, fascistic tendencies and propaganda are starting to become apparent even to the simpleminded retards that vote for these scum while the youth already despises all of them, the politicians, the bankers, the rest of the greedy rich scum that influence the political process, and their instruments of violence. I also love how the corporate/government media are painting these as "riots" while the word is "insurrection" or "violent demonstrations" if it happens to countries they have no interests in or how they're focusing on the looting as if the anger of these young people they're expressing through these demonstrations is just about looting or looting is the main reason behind all this.

There's something that Assange said a while ago in a Democracy Now panel with Zizek that was stuck in my head. He said that the attempt at censoring his organization from the american government, corporations and banks isn't a bad thing, it's actually great news. It shows that they're finally starting to panic. It shows that their "democracy" is forced to show its true colours because they're afraid and the more they're panicking the more their real intentions will be exposed so the more the people will wake up and the more they'll panic. I'm glad I live in a time when the true face of the western oligarchy masked as democracy will finally be revealed. I don't know what will happen then but the latest huge demonstrations throughout the world showed me that there's a glimmer of hope for humanity afterall.

Also, Darcus Howe for PM.

What demonstrators? Nobody has demonstrated against anything.

And they're not particularly poor either.

But, ah fuck it... you people sicken me. I'm going to go watch Question Time.

dalin80

Banned
fortified_concept said:
Epic Bollocks.

What a utter load of shit, there has been no military involvement, no censoring of the internet and none of these riots contained any political message, there wasn't a single damn poster or spokesman.

You should really keep shut if you have no idea what you are talking about.

Zenith

Banned
fortified_concept said:
I won't expand on why I'm on the side of these demonstrators, everyone who knows me as a poster knows that's I'll always be on the side of the poor and disenfranchised even when they respond violently and I always think there are more reasons than the obvious for large scale uprisings.

What I want to stress here is how just like the wikileaks case western "democracy" is showing its true colours when it's cornered. Cameron is talking about bringing the military and censoring the internet to "stop these riots". Their hypocrisy, fascistic tendencies and propaganda are starting to become apparent even to the simpleminded retards that vote for these scum while the youth already despises all of them, the politicians, the bankers, the rest of the greedy rich scum that influence the political process, and their instruments of violence. I also love how the corporate/government media are painting these as "riots" while the word is "insurrection" or "violent demonstrations" if it happens to countries they have no interests in or how they're focusing on the looting as if the anger of these young people they're expressing through these demonstrations is just about looting or looting is the main reason behind all this.

There's something that Assange said a while ago in a Democracy Now panel with Zizek that was stuck in my head. He said that the attempt at censoring his organization from the american government, corporations and banks isn't a bad thing, it's actually great news. It shows that they're finally starting to panic. It shows that their "democracy" is forced to show its true colours because they're afraid and the more they're panicking the more their real intentions will be exposed so the more the people will wake up and the more they'll panic. I'm glad I live in a time when the true face of the western oligarchy masked as democracy will finally be revealed. I don't know what will happen then but the latest huge demonstrations throughout the world showed me that there's a glimmer of hope for humanity afterall.

Leaving behind reality entirely, hmm?

How do people get this wrapped up in extremist ideology? It's borderline mental health issue.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
fortified_concept said:

can you hear the redemption songs of the oppressed proletariat?

Raist

Banned
fortified_concept said:

lolz.

fortified_concept said:

It reads like poorly told jokes with no taste

Furret said:
What demonstrators? Nobody has demonstrated against anything.

And they're not particularly poor either.

But, ah fuck it... you people sicken me. I'm going to go watch Question Time.

Who says they're not demonstrators? You or the BBC? And who made you or the media the expert authority on what is a demonstration and what is a riot? And why the violence the cops are using is considered defensive by default when they're the ones who cause violent outbursts with their offensive behavior against these demonstrations (or with the murder of defenseless civilians).

kitch9

Banned
fortified_concept said:

Sweet Jesus.... My mind just can't comprehend the insanity.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
fortified_concept said:
Who says they're not demonstrators? You or the BBC? And who made you or the media the expert authority on what is a demonstration and what is a riot? And why the violence the cops are using is considered defensive by default when they're the ones who cause violent outbursts with their offensive behavior against these demonstrations (or with the murder of defenseless civilians).
are we talking about the same "cops" who were chastised by all corners of society for their overly passive, soft-handed approach?

kitch9

Banned
fortified_concept said:

Holy shit. WTF.

Furret

Banned
fortified_concept said:

If you're a troll then I suggest you stick a crowbar between your ears. If you really believe this drivel I honestly and sincerely suggest you seek psychiatric help.

You're almost certainly a danger to yourself and probably others.

Furret said:
Jesus H. Fucking Christ, I think you may even be a lower form of scum than them.
What? Seriously. There are people who took part in those riots who I'd have no issues with someone calling "mindless animals" - the people who burned down shops or the ones mugging the kid in the video someone just posted for example. The opportunists who nicked a few shirts or a bottle of wine? Not so much.

fortified_concept said:

Tell that to the parents of the three Asian lads that were murdered in cold blood by these cunts.

Get the fuck out of here man.

Zomba13

fortified_concept said:

You have no fucking clue do you?

fortified_concept said:

Either get off the pipe, or stop posting.

Zomba13

fortified_concept said:
Yup. No fucking clue at all.

I say leave the topic and don't post about things you honestly know fuck all about.
It's almost offensive.

fortified_concept said:

My mind is full of fuck.

The problem a lot of people have with them being called demonstrators or protestors is that they think it's being used to legitimise or excuse their actions. That isn't the case, or at least it isn't for many who are saying it.

fortified_concept said:

You definetly need a reality check, pronto. I mean seriously. This is actually painfull to read. Demonstrators? Yeah if their goal was to demonstrate how utterly opportunistic, selfish, unfit to live in a society and violent they are, then yes, they are demonstrating that quite well and efficiently.

And I guess the murder of 3 asian kids run over by some bigoted swine "demonstrater" are simply the price to pay for their freedom to ruin public safety and steal like the little criminals they are.

Zomba13

Wrestlemania said:
The problem a lot of people have with them being called demonstrators or protestors is that they think it's being used to legitimise or excuse their actions. That isn't the case, or at least it isn't for many who are saying it.
But they aren't even protesting or demonstrating anything.

Well, they are demonstrating one thing. How much they a fucking scum.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
fortified_concept said:

I grew up very poor. Poorer than many of these Chavs. I grew up in the 1970s in Scotland, in Wester Hailes. At that time, we were more deprived than the current generation. Our housing was so substandard (lead, damp, mold, etc) that eventually the projects I lived in were razed. The crime and drug use were basically universal. Because of the pverty and the conditions of course. But there were a couple simple differences in those days that made widespread malaise and rioting far from normal.

2. There was no method of instant mass communication or remote socialization. No cellphones, no smartphones, no Facebook. In short, an idea or a riot couldn't spread very quickly - and even when it did, it was hemmed in by geography and distance.

A third difference is one I sort of dismiss. Race. Race is simply an expression of poverty. Where I grew up, there were no black, Asian or Polish kids. Just thousands of pale faced, empty-eyed little shits. The kids wrecking these storefronts in London and Manchester and Liverpool are the same kids. Their skin color is an expression of neighborhood and poverty. Black, white, Asian, whatever. It's the same kids from 1970s Wester Hailes.

The only real, substantially measurable differences are education and communication. The lack of the former and the surfeit of the latter.

1. Education, including coproral punishment, meant that schools at least, were disciplined and ordered. Those who wished to learn could do so easily and in a calm, supportive environment. Then, like me, they could go home to poverty and literally hunger.

Socrates said:
"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

The quote above is actually falsely attributed to Socrates, but probably dates back to at least the 10th Century and is largely paraphrased, but its point remains.

Hesiod said:
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless
beyond words.

When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of
elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of
restraint.

Furret

Banned
Wrestlemania said:

I'll put this as politely as I can: fuck off and die and take fortified_concept concept with you.

People don't like calling them demonstrators and protesters because they weren't demonstrating or protesting about anything - other than their desire to acquire another pair of expensive trainers.

Zomba13 said:
But they aren't even protesting or demonstrating anything.

Well, they are demonstrating one thing. How much they a fucking scum.
I think it's a form of protest. A deplorable one, but a protest nonetheless.

Some serious over romanticising of these people going on from fortified concept. These people don't have any message to get across that is being censored. In fact, the more their messages are heard the the stronger the hand it seems to give to the government.

kitch9

Banned
fortified_concept said:
Oh noes, anecdotal evidence. Because every insurrection, uprising, rebellion or revolution in history was without crime, assholes who exploit the situation or innocent victims. Yes, revolutions were beautiful and romantic just like you see on Hollywood films.

Dude, I've been reading forums for years and I've read some really random shite that people's clearly fucked up minds have spewed over a keyboard.

Then I read your posts, which make them all look like the writing of a nobel prize winner.

pfkas

Originally Posted by broadwayrock:
Doesn't look like this has been posted...

London Tonight interviews some teenagers about the riots:
http://www.itv.com/london/nothing-against-looting09027/

I cry tears for these poor youths....

He genuinely sounded like he struggled to talk without breaking into slangish gibberish.

I was really hoping the quiet one on the left would have walked into the wall when the interview was over. Would've made my night.

Wrestlemania said:

No it isn't. What the fuck was that primary school assistant protesting about? No jobs? What? He just wanted a new fucking TV.

Not to say the original protest about Duggan wasn't legitimate, that is a cause that is deserving of protesting.

The cunts looting and burning stuff down need to rot in jail.

Furret said:
other than their desire to acquire another pair of expensive trainers.
What about the ones burning down buildings? I just think that such a horrific violent outburst of this magnitude scale cannot simply be boiled down to opportunism and sheer lawlessness.
I am in no way on the "side" of those involved, I don't condone anything the did. Just to clarify.

kitch9

Banned
zomgbbqftw said:
No it isn't. What the fuck was that primary school assistant protesting about? No jobs? What? He just wanted a new fucking TV.

Not to say the original protest about Duggan wasn't legitimate, that is a cause that is deserving of protesting.

The cunts looting and burning stuff down need to rot in jail.

I dunno, anybody with half a brain cells would expect to get shot when waving a gun at cops.

Spokker

fortified_concept said:
everyone who knows me as a poster knows that's I'll always be on the side of the poor and disenfranchised even when they respond violently
No, you don't understand. The rioters are Rockefellers.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/08/11/ukriots.accused/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

The upmarket Daily Telegraph devoted its page three to the case of Laura Johnson, the 19-year-old daughter of a company director who pleaded not guilty to stealing £5,000 ($8,000) of electrical goods, under the headline: "Girl who has it all is accused of theft."

This is a gentleman's riot, good sir.

avaya

fortified_concept said:

You have outdone yourself here. I stand in awe.

Zomba13

Wrestlemania said:
What about the ones burning down buildings? I just think that such a horrific violent outburst of this magnitude scale cannot simply be boiled down to opportunism and sheer lawlessness.
I am in no way on the "side" of those involved, I don't condone anything the did. Just to clarify.
Then what are the protesting by burning down a 100+ year old family owned furniture shop?
They are just cunts being cunts, looting and torching places down to be seen as cool by their friends and to get stuff for free because they don't think they'll be caught because everyone else is doing it.

boris feinbrand said:
You definetly need a reality check, pronto. I mean seriously. This is actually painfull to read. Demonstrators? Yeah if their goal was to demonstrate how utterly opportunistic, selfish, unfit to live in a society and violent they are, then yes, they are demonstrating that quite well and efficiently.

And I guess the murder of 3 asian kids run over by some bigoted swine "demonstrater" are simply the price to pay for their freedom to ruin public safety and steal like the little criminals they are.

Yes because everyone who is part of these demonstrations is a criminal just like the fuckers who killed the 3 kids. Because everyone who is part of this is the same and everyone's intentions, ideology and reasons are the same. Has it even be proven that these cunts were part of this and not just common criminals, neonazis, bad drivers or whatever the fuck they could be other than "rioters"?

avaya

Wrestlemania said:

Err it is being more obvious that it was actually a leisure riot. The vast majority did it for shits n giggles.

Zomba13

fortified_concept said:
Yes because everyone who is part of these demonstrations is a criminal just like those who killed the 3 kids. Because everyone who is part of this is the same and everyone's intentions, ideology and reasons are the same.
Ummm... I don't know what the laws are like where you are from but robbery, burglary, assault and arson are crimes here in the UK making the rioters criminals.

iNvid02

Dabookerman said:
He is either trolling, incredibly stupid or ignorant, or just being contrarian.

he has to be trolling, or incredibly misinformed, no one can be that thick

demonstrator
A person who takes part in a public protest meeting or march

protester
A person who publicly demonstrates strong objection to something; a demonstrator

rioter
troublemaker who participates in a violent disturbance of the peace; someone who rises up against the constituted authority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom