• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
20240221.jpg

Feature

Banned
If they're burning houses with people inside, it's pretty much attempted murder. Lethal force should be considered.

Suairyu

Banned
The amount of red tape an armed police officer has to go through to discharge a firearm (they need radio approval before firing a shot and mountains of paperwork after the event) leads me to always presume they were in the right.

Raydeen

Police shot armed suspect who fired on them during black on black crime investigation. Riots.

Meanwhile another black kid gets stabbed to death as per usual and the black community shrugs business as usual moaning that the Police dont do anything.

Slow hand clap. Nick Griffin strokes his white cat in his BNP lair.

Oh and twat commenting on BBC. Underprevliged youths dont go around recordung everything on their iPhones.

Ponti

All of this cause some degenerate got shot and killed?

I was hoping all of this would be for something a bit more important, something that actually made all of this damage worth it.

Raydeen said:
Police shot armed suspect who fired on them during black on black crime investigation. Riots.

Meanwhile another black kid gets stabbed to death as per usual and the black community shrugs business as usual moaning that the Police dont do anything.

Slow hand clap. Nick Griffin strokes his white cat in his BNP lair.

Oh and twat commenting on BBC. Underprevliged youths dont go around recordung everything on their iPhones.

Ponti said:
All of this cause some degenerate got shot and killed?

I was hoping all of this would be for something a bit more important, something that actually made all of this damage worth it.

There is a strong belief amongst youths in London, particularly the black youths, that the Police unfairly target them. Some will argue that is justified. Nonetheless it has stoked up feelings of victimisation and anger.

Re: shooting

As a result of the general distrust of the Police, any death resulting from a confrontation with them is naturally going to be viewed with suspicion. There was a peaceful protest outside the local Police Station where they were demanding more information on the shooting as there are still questions left to be answered. But no one came out to speak to the protestors for hours. The mood then changed and that began to escalate, drawing in other groups who took advantage and started to use it as a platform to target the police and loot. The violence isn't necessarily directed related to the shooting of that gang member. This could have happened anywhere in London.

The sad thing is those who had valid complaints now have been undermined. They'll be marred as thugs or gang apologists because some idiots just want an excuse to start trouble. The Police have an impossible task on their hands.

Detox

Born and raised in the estates right behind where the BBC reporter was standing, luckily we moved out a few years ago. It really is a shithole with some decent people. Normally the youths stay in their estates and go from one to the other but this time they actually came out into the high rd, showing just how much of a problem they have become.

The police should have been much more aggressive, it seemed like things quieted down around midnight and then kicked off again because all they did was hold their position allowing a mob to build up. The rioters are just cowards taking advantage of the situation and if the police started using tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannons they would have dispersed. It seemed like the police were content with standing in one spot protecting the area around the station. I dread to think how they will handle any trouble during the Olympics they couldn't even get Tottenham under control.

Baki

Meus Renaissance said:
Just to underline: Tottenham doesn't believe the official story. Duggan wasn't the type to carry a gun, it's been said. The suggestion is a cover up.

Regardless - they're setting buses with innocent people in on fire. Its just an excuse for stupid ass gang members and delinquents to get violent. I say the cops crack down on these ***** and start handing out some serious jail time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So on a scale of Mr Bean to Irish Football Hooligans, how bad is this?

Salazar

Dice said:

I find the Scots more rebarbatively aggressive than the Irish.

Not that you can draw a meaningful line where sectarian bullshit is involved.

Almost everyone participating in violent "protests" only uses the original cause just as an excuse to break stuff, fight people and of course to steal stuff. Everywhere around the world, every time.

I don't understand why police is so soft about this in many countries. The very moment a shop gets looted, someone is physically attacked or a car is set on fire, they should simply spray the crowd with rubber bullets, water canons and tear gas until the riot is over.

SolidusDave said:
Almost everyone participating in violent "protests" only uses the original cause just as an excuse to break stuff, fight people and of course to steal stuff. Everywhere around the world, every time.

I don't understand why police is so soft about this in many countries. The very moment a shop gets looted, someone is physically attacked or a car is set on fire, they should simply spray the crowd with rubber bullets, water canons and tear gas until the riot is over.

But but but, what about their rights?!

SolidusDave said:

Agreed

SolidusDave said:

Randomly gunning down the population in Syria doesn't seem to work when it comes to stopping protesters.

Harsher treatment will only cause further trouble in the long run.

Fear of authority rarely yields good fruit.

Septy

Dice said:

What Irish football hooligans? The only hooliganism I recall is when English fans came to Dublin, rioted, and got beaten by the police.

Clegg

Salazar said:
I think Scots/Irish trump the English.
Ireland doesn't really have a Football hooligan culture. Probably because football is only our third most popular sport.

The only hooliganism at an Irish football match I can remember is when visiting English fans rioted after Ireland went up 1-0 against England. The match was abandoned after that. English fans were solely to blame for that incident.

Edit: Scots of Irish descent are generally just called Scottish. And they're still not as bad as the hooligans that were around in the 70's-80's

f0rk said:
Most of that shit on display in Comet doesn't even work

The computers are usually always running screensavers and videos that you can't get out of unless you know the store password, and these morons won't know how the fuck to wipe a computer clean or anything...

absolute pricks. You can tell most of them don't actually give a toss about what happened, just by the stores that were looted. They looted electronics stores, sports clothing stores, food places things like that -- they were just out to wreck the joint and have a good time stealing valuable things.

I hope the police get every fucker who was on camera doing this. Every single one. Brutal crackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom