• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mecha_Infantry said:
Can't believe they are wasting time trying to finger-print the damn windows. Fat lot of help that would do

My cousin is one of the guys at Scotland Yard who takes those fingerprints and matches them to the criminals. Loads of people were arrested as a result when the same was done during the student cuts protest. It works.

JMB said:
'Hilarious' isn't a word I'd use to describe this ordeal, especially as it seems that someone has died during the rioting.

True

Hopefully the shooting wasn't as a direct result of the rioting, and just some gang shit...

SmokyDave

Margalis said:
I'm sorry that I have the gall to mock the insane illogical bloodlust in this thread.
Mate, just take it elsewhere. It's obvious that you're posting from Durham or Cambridge or something.

Your Excellency said:
My cousin is one of the guys at Scotland Yard who takes those fingerprints and matches them to the criminals. Loads of people were arrested as a result when the same was done during the student cuts protest. It works.

Yeah? I didn't know that, good looking out

I guess it will be done for matching AFTER the guys are arrested, not to find prints on the database so they can find them to do the arrests?

BluWacky

Mecha_Infantry said:
Again people in this thread have said he was a drug dealer so he deserved to be shot anyway.

I hope you're joking, but to be honest my sarcasm sensors are shot to pieces today!

Is there any proof he was a drug dealer? All I know is that he "was involved in things", whatever that means.

daviyoung

Banned
Funky Papa said:
Is there an actual bodycount? It is going to be a damned miracle if there's only one dead.

One dead so far. It's going to take time to process links between the riots and deaths from the injured.

djm

dc89 said:
So will the activity tonight be higher or lower than last night?

I'm guessing the news of a man being shot to death won't help matters.

If anything happens, it probably won't be in London. Sounds like they're going to bolster that pretty good.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Veidt said:
This whole ordeal is hilarious.
The stupid is strong in those people.
I dunno, hilarious isn't the right word. Shocking, depressing, embarassing, makes-your-blood boil-infuriating. Such a mess. Hopefully it's all blow over soon.

mclem

Henchmen21 said:
The bigger question is what are you going to call yourselves? So long as the anagram somehow spells clitoris, I'm good.

Damn. I was about to propose the Volunteers Against Generic Insurrection Now! Alright?

Bleepey

Salazar said:
This is the natural, splendid culmination of Tom Clancy's literary vision.

If he's not going to write it, you should.

Wanna help me craft ideas? I have the movie version in my head as we speak. When a city has been pushed to its limits, which special forces team will save them?

Sas

Danny dyer
Jason statham
Etc etc

Salazar

Incidentally, a wonderful scholar Robert Shoemaker wrote a terrific book - The London Mob: Violence and Disorder in 18th Century England.

I've been using it for work, and anybody curious about the city's history with respect to mass thuggery should look it up.

BluWacky said:
I hope you're joking, but to be honest my sarcasm sensors are shot to pieces today!

Is there any proof he was a drug dealer? All I know is that he "was involved in things", whatever that means.

Not joking my man, it's been all over my FB page too, and a fair few posters in here said he deserved to be shot because he was a gangster/drug dealer!

I guess no proof yet, not seen if he had a record, but he was being followed by Trident and found with a non-leathal>lethal weapon on him. The Guardian report said it wasn't ready to be fired and was being transported in a sock...

So who knows eh

Fucking hell, that picture on the BBC news of that woman jumping from a burning building...

These people are seriously animals. How anyone can defend them is beyond me.

Antagon

Foliorum Viridum said:
Fucking hell, that picture on the BBC news of that woman jumping from a burning building...

These people are seriously animals. How anyone can defend them is beyond me.

I read somewhere that that image is a confirmed photoshop, luckilly.

panda21

isn't the fact that he had a weapon on him enough to suggest he was 'involved in something'.

this isn't the US, in my opinion if you are into violent crime deep enough to need to carry a gun then if you get got one way or the other its your own fault, i don't see why the police should risk their lives to protect these scum. this isn't the US where its normal for law abiding citizens to carry guns.

So much crazy shit at the moment that you dont know what to believe.

Lots of shops have shut in the Whitgift Centre in Croydon, after being advised by police.

Also there is word that some shops received letters saying they were going to be targeted between 1pm and 3pm today, why people would warn them i dont know.

All i can hear at the moment is helicopters and police cars going by yet as far as im aware nothing has actually happened so far.

daviyoung

Banned
panda21 said:
isn't the fact that he had a weapon on him enough to suggest he was 'involved in something'.

this isn't the US, in my opinion if you are into violent crime deep enough to need to carry a gun then if you get got one way or the other its your own fault, i don't see why the police should risk their lives to protect these scum. this isn't the US where its normal for law abiding citizens to carry guns.

He 'got got' by being shot, perhaps unjustly. This isn't the US, we don't kill criminals.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
SteveWD40 said:
So, you just trolling and posting stupid shit now? that right?

No, from the footage i seen last night it appeared to me that all law and order was lost in the areas hit hardest.

now if they brought the army in and still couldn't get law and order then what ?

Parl

The organised government response should be, but not limited to...

-The immediate granting of Chav Hunting Safari licences: 9pm to 5am, £2 per night / 3 nights for £5.
-Covert army operations that include capture of looters on the game, looted premises immediately turned into a prison camp for said looters.
-Prisoners's community service includes repairing the damage of said premises overnight and until complete
-Further punishment includes the looting of prisoner's homes, with goods donated to targeted charities and small businesses.
-20% reduction in state benefits after additional traditional sentences are served

Something like that anyway.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Bleepey said:
Wanna help me craft ideas? I have the movie version in my head as we speak. When a city has been pushed to its limits, which special forces team will save them?

Sas

Danny dyer
Jason statham
Etc etc

Vinne jones FTW

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Bleepey said:

Sas

Danny dyer
Jason statham
Etc etc

Ross Kemp as Super Army Soldier.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
13.08 Surrey Quays shopping centre in Bermondsey has just been evacuated and closed its doors with warnings of more riots on their way, Heidi Blake reports. Looting is reportedly already underway on Lower Road.

Extra police have been sent to Lakeside as well, following threats to that.

Day 4 :(

daviyoung

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:

Hell yeh! Prototype and LIPS!

Oh... :(

article-2023667-0D59940300000578-97_634x604.jpg

JMB

Banned
Bleepey said:

Sas

Danny dyer
Jason statham
Etc etc

Chuck Norris
Liam Neeson
Old Spice guy
The Most Interesting Man in the World
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bleepey

Funky Papa said:
Is there an actual bodycount? It is going to be a damned miracle if there's only one dead.

I am praying for a higher bodycount. I want the streets to be a canvas you paint the blood of a few rioters with. I want a renegade cop who refuses to play by the rules but gets results to either change the rules or get results another way. Failing that i would love to see the army paint one hell of a masterpiece.

Margalis

Banned
Kind of interesting how a few weeks ago people were lauding social media for the "Arab Spring" and positive social change and now people are using social media to coordinate looting efforts.

This little bitch on the news, claims they're doing it because 'all of you don't respect us'
YOU EARN RESPECT YOU LITTLE SCUMMY SLAG, you don't demand it. Shitting on your own door step is going to regress any relations between 'you' and 'us'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom