• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Yup. By 11 I knew not to go on the street, set fire to things, steal, beat people up, etc etc.

Even ignoring the fact I'm not a cunt and have morals, I knew that doing so would get me arrested. These people on the streets must know that they're not only risking arrest, but forceful action by the police.

They decided to do it anyway.

So if they get hit with a bat, bitten by a dog, shot by a rubber bullet... I have no sympathy. I take pleasure from it. They made the decision to act like an utter cunt, so you shall be treated like one.

If you were 11 and got shot, that would fuck you up for a LONG time. Far longer than the effect of these riots will have on the city and will cause you, along with the young people to hold a life long resentment of the police and the authorities. And you will be traumatised like hell. As much as the severe personal effects shooting can have - remember these are young kids, and shouldn't be maimed and damaged for the rest of their lives for a childhood indescretion, the community effect of opening fire could damage the relationship between the met and the people irreparably.

SteveWD40

pauljeremiah said:
6024429000_b3057a5f3b_o.jpg

00:38 9/8/2011: Camden Town, London

As looters and rioters smashed up shops, looted and fought with police in Camden Town, Philippa Morgan-Walker, 25 and her husband, Jonny Walker, 31, made tea for the police who were protecting their street. Some of the officers had been on duty for more than 30 hours.

That blondes cute...

Good on them, that's the sort of thing the media normally ignores.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I think its worng to impress the cultural norms from one society to another, but, there is something to be said for a shame based culture at this point. And being able to smack punks around when they act up in public.

Bleepey

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yup. By 11 I knew not to go on the street, set fire to things, steal, beat people up, etc etc.

Even ignoring the fact I'm not a cunt and have morals, I knew that doing so would get me arrested. These people on the streets must know that they're not only risking arrest, but forceful action by the police.

They decided to do it anyway.

So if they get hit with a bat, bitten by a dog, shot by a rubber bullet... I have no sympathy. I take pleasure from it. They made the decision to act like an utter cunt, so you shall be treated like one.

They need to get bent over and fucked by the long dick of the law.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
DECK'ARD said:
It would make headlines all round the world.

Last time rubber bullets were used was in NI against the IRA, using it on kids and teenagers in London ahead of the Olympics? It more says you have a huge problem with your youth.

But we do have a problem with our youth. An absolutely epic problem. Everybody knew that already, and if they didn't, then last night demonstrated it beyond all doubt.

At some point, a line has to be drawn, and someone has to say enough is enough. You can't just let them keep doing it.

pauljeremiah said:

As looters and rioters smashed up shops, looted and fought with police in Camden Town, Philippa Morgan-Walker, 25 and her husband, Jonny Walker, 31, made tea for the police who were protecting their street. Some of the officers had been on duty for more than 30 hours.
Riot-shield tea-tray <3

Carl

pauljeremiah said:

Heroes.

Phandy

Xun said:
Anyone see the old man on Sky talking about anarchists?

Yeah it sounded like he said something about wantin Buckingham Palace and Parliment burnt down next.
That was funny even if the rest of this is desperately saddening.

ChenK said:
If you were 11 and got shot, that would fuck you up for a LONG time. Far longer than the effect of these riots will have on the city and will cause you, along with the young people to hold a life long resentment of the police and the authorities. And you will be traumatised like hell. As much as the severe personal effects shooting can have - remember these are young kids, and shouldn't be maimed and damaged for the rest of their lives for a childhood indescretion, the community effect of opening fire could damage the relationship between the met and the people irreparably.
I'd be willing to bet that any kid who is on the street looting and burning buildings at age 11 is already a lost cause.

So, again, fuck them.

Dead Man

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'd be willing to bet that any kid who is on the street looting and burning buildings at age 11 is already a lost cause.

So, again, fuck them.
Fuck them for being a lost cause? Bit harsh, no?

Idiot on Sky trying to say he saw 200 black youths. Reporter responds 'but they weren't all black'. He then replies 'yea, okay, I was the white one'

Dead Man said:
Fuck them for being a lost cause? Bit harsh, no?
When they're ruining the lives of others?

Not at all. If it's a choice between some cretin eating a rubber bullet or a nice family losing their business, that kid can brace for impact.

Foliorum Viridum said:

So, again, fuck them.

I disagree there.

Example scenario: 11 year old simply follows what older kids from his estate are doing in an attempt to fit in and not be targeted himself.

And how does that make that child a lost cause?

Lkr

Meus Renaissance said:
Idiot on Sky trying to say he saw 200 black youths. Reporter responds 'but they weren't all black'. He then replies 'yea, okay, I was the white one'
lmao are they interviewing in person or is it a phone call?

Casp0r

Banned
Lkr said:
woah, these people are trying to make me regain faith in humanity :eek:

Why have you lost it in the first place. It's obvious these riots are a vocal minority. The sheer outrage from media comments and this forum should show you that the majority are disgusted.

Your faith in the liberal 'no one should ever get hurt' police tactics should be completely destroyed.

There are many good people out there, however they are not been sufficiently protected because our government and our laws protect criminals more than victims.

If this keeps up, how will the looters eat? Loads of supermarkets have been hit, and I assume not for the food. They'll be out soon, surely deliveries won't be stocking them up either as they are not in the state to do business.

SmokyDave

thelatestmodel said:
But we do have a problem with our youth. An absolutely epic problem. Everybody knew that already, and if they didn't, then last night demonstrated it beyond all doubt.

At some point, a line has to be drawn, and someone has to say enough is enough. You can't just let them keep doing it.
You'd think so, wouldn't you. Prepare for a surprise as many, many people still don't get it.

Meus Renaissance said:
Yeah, heard a guy on BBC yesterday saying 'we don't have those people around here'. BBC must be getting nervous.

ChenK said:
Taking him to jail would, not busting a rubber cap in his ass.

ChenK said:
I disagree there.

Example scenario: 11 year old simply follows what older kids from his estate are doing in an attempt to fit in and not be targeted himself.

I'm not saying everyone out there is a total lost cause, but like I said in my last post, if it's a choice between some poor person losing their home/business or firing a few rubber bullets and hitting someone in the chaos, well, so be it.

A rubber bullet is probably the best lesson a person can be taught that crime doesn't pay.

My friend in Birmingham has evacuated their work place today! They shut early yesteday and they've been told the word on the street rigtht now is that it's going to kick off again today. The Hi-Fi shop next door (with £1 million worth of stock) have emptied out and moved it to a secure location. Not good!

Casp0r

Banned
ChenK said:

Because the adults doing this are most definitely a lost cause, and guess who they're responsible for ... those kids.

Nothing short of some extreme boot camp is going to effectively change these kids lives for the good. They will be nothing but a burden on society for the rest of their lives. I can't see why anyone would miss them.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
pauljeremiah said:

Fuck yeah, get the kettle on. Nothing stops us making a cuppa.

Jintor

Margalis said:
Kind of interesting how a few weeks ago people were lauding social media for the "Arab Spring" and positive social change and now people are using social media to coordinate looting efforts.

Technology is what you make of it brah

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
thelatestmodel said:

Yeah, but it goes very deep and because of lots of things. That's a long term thing to fix, which successive Governments have failed at doing.

A line needs to be drawn, but shooting them up with rubber bullets stands as much chance of inflaming it all as it does of ending it.

The main problem with the last 3 nights has been a lack of numbers, a lack of trained riot police, areas left unpoliced for 1 or 2 hours at a time while looters did what they want. It fueled itself, with every media report on it advertising the fact.

Lakitu

st5fu
People on Sky News still preaching the 'parents, contact your children' line. That didn't work yesterday, and it's not going to work today. Most of them are probably too busy drinking Smirnoff and counting the money they receive from benefits to give a shit.

Raydeen

Tired of hearing cutbacks on 'youth services'.

I've never been in a youth club in my life. When I was that age me and my friends went cycling all over London, explored, adventured, played football - not hanging around on street corners trying to menace people.

Blonde looks like Billy Piper - there's an idea, send in the Daleks!

Murkas

KennyLinder said:
My friend in Birmingham has evacuated their work place today! They shut early yesteday and they've been told the word on the street rigtht now is that it's going to kick off again today. The Hi-Fi shop next door (with £1 million worth of stock) have emptied out and moved it to a secure location. Not good!

Is all this from the city centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom