• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phandy

Foliorum Viridum said:
Anyone see that young skank on the BBC news?

"When you respeckt us we'll respeckt you."

She doesn't even know what respeckt is.

Just embarassing, so embarassing.
I love that people are even trying to justify this at all, beyond greed and selfishness.

Ponti

Foliorum Viridum said:
Anyone see that young skank on the BBC news?

"When you respeckt us we'll respeckt you."

She doesn't even know what respeckt is.
Infuriating. Looting businesses, wrecking cars and breaking into ordinary peoples homes is no way to win respect from the police, let alone anyone else. Morons.

qq more said:
Yes, that is her.

stupidlooter.png

Posting my snapshot since it shows the rest of her looting messages. Didn't want it to be a waste lol

I'm pretty sure thats fake. The image certainly is.

RI6VO.jpg

Wife was just told by her work that Croydon Purley way are starting to board up shops and that Whitgift Centre is due to be closed at 2pm, dont know any other details other than that.

Im just wondering if anything substantial will happen as the mood is pretty tense, constant police car sirens blaring and helicopters going by. Of course it could all end up in nothing but its better to be safe tahn sorry i suppose.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Reports of trouble in Peckham and Camberwell now, as well as Bermondsey.

If it is kicking off in broad daylight again like yesterday I don't think it's going to be a quiet night.

mclem

Antagon said:
I read somewhere that that image is a confirmed photoshop, luckilly.

From the esteemed Mr. Brooker, whose Newswipe we have needed *so much* over the last few weeks:

Okay. That photo of the woman jumping from the fire? Genuine. The 'European road signs' are tram signs. It's Croydon.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TBH I think it's gonna fizzle from tonight on. Think it probably peaked last night. I mean, 16k police in London tonight. All the kidz who were doing it 'for the larf, innit' are probably all tuckered out.

Shiggy said:
If they'll find that boy now lol

nothing in that pic suggests that HE stole any of that. He could be a mate of someone that did.

It fucks me off that most of the scum involved are going to get away with it.

Rocked

Can't believe it, looks like it's going to go down in Hackney AGAIN today. Just heard from a friend in the area that a crowd of up to 1000 said to be gathering on Pembry Estate...

gofreak said:
TBH I think it's gonna fizzle from tonight on. Think it probably peaked last night. I mean, 16k police in London tonight. All the kidz who were doing it 'for the larf, innit' are probably all tuckered out.

Once the stupid kids get wind of rubber bullets, I'm sure those for the "lulz" will be staying inside.

mclem

MarkMclovin said:
nothing in that pic suggests that HE stole any of that. He could be a mate of someone that did.

Which would put him in a wonderful position of being able to Help The Police With Their Enquiries.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
BattleMonkey said:
Once the stupid kids get wind of rubber bullets, I'm sure those for the "lulz" will be staying inside.

I think that's scare tactics, I doubt they will be deployed. Rubber bullets against kids and teenagers they will avoid at all cost.

The 16,000 police will have more impact, but if it's like Camden last night with mostly regular officers they are going to struggle if faced with anything big and have to be withdrawn if things get really violent.

DECK'ARD said:
I think that's scare tactics, I doubt they will be deployed. Rubber bullets against kids and teenagers they will avoid at all cost.

The 16,000 police will have more impact, but if it's like Camden last night with mostly regular officers they are going to struggle if faced with anything big and have to be withdrawn if things get really violent.
Why?

They want to act big, hard, ruin peoples lives... they deserve what they get. They're old enough to know the consequences, so fuck them.

StuBurns

Banned
I hated Ali G at the time, but the genius of mocking a subset of culture, and having them be so fucking stupid as to mimic the mockery is probably the most effective trolling ever.

Shiggy

MarkMclovin said:

It fucks me off that most of the scum involved are going to get away with it.

Didn't think about this...

Assholes...

Ponti

BlazingDarkness said:
Holy shit at these girls talking on BBC news
Fucking complete and utter cunts
"It was a laugh innit! The rich people! Conservative or whateva!"

Bullet. Through the brain. Fuck MoralGAF.

snap0212

Opus Angelorum said:
This.

If an eleven year old is brave enough to break a window in my house, he shouldn't complain when I knock him the fuck out.
They should make him clean up that mess. A couple of hours every day for the rest of the summer + 100s of hours once he's old enough to be allowed to work for 12 hours a day.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
6024429000_b3057a5f3b_o.jpg

00:38 9/8/2011: Camden Town, London

As looters and rioters smashed up shops, looted and fought with police in Camden Town, Philippa Morgan-Walker, 25 and her husband, Jonny Walker, 31, made tea for the police who were protecting their street. Some of the officers had been on duty for more than 30 hours.

Opus Angelorum said:
This.

If an eleven year old is brave enough to break a window in my house, he shouldn't complain when I knock him the fuck out.
Yup. By 11 I knew not to go on the street, set fire to things, steal, beat people up, etc etc.

Even ignoring the fact I'm not a cunt and have morals, I knew that doing so would get me arrested. These people on the streets must know that they're not only risking arrest, but forceful action by the police.

They decided to do it anyway.

So if they get hit with a bat, bitten by a dog, shot by a rubber bullet... I have no sympathy. I take pleasure from it. They made the decision to act like an utter cunt, so you shall be treated like one.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
pauljeremiah said:

As looters and rioters smashed up shops, looted and fought with police in Camden Town, Philippa Morgan-Walker, 25 and her husband, Jonny Walker, 31, made tea for the police who were protecting their street. Some of the officers had been on duty for more than 30 hours.

I love this. Do what you can, that's the spirit.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Foliorum Viridum said:
Why?

They want to act big, hard, ruin peoples lives... they deserve what they get. They'd old enough to know the consequences, so fuck them.

It would make headlines all round the world.

Last time rubber bullets were used was in NI against the IRA, using it on kids and teenagers in London ahead of the Olympics? It more says you have a huge problem with your youth. I doubt they will do it. It's an effective scare tactic though.

It's hard to say what will happen tonight, I hope it quietens down rather than people trying to call the police's bluff and getting away with it which is how this all snowballed.

All I'm wondering now is, what will more police do? Sure, there wasn't enough police to go around, but the police that were there were just standing in lines, literally watching as these people smashed and looted, only after the damage was done would they move in to block the area from further looting

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Rubber bullets hurt like a mofo.

Visualante said:
Tea in a plastic cup? What savages.

I demand a police Riot!

StuBurns said:
I hated Ali G at the time, but the genius of mocking a subset of culture, and having them be so fucking stupid as to mimic the mockery is probably the most effective trolling ever.

It's the sweetest of irony, but sad at the same time.

StuBurns

Banned
I think there is an age where it's hard to blame the child directly. I don't know if it's eleven, I can't recall my understanding of morality at the time, but it is dictated by parents until a certain age I think. Certainly arrest them of course, but I think the police should be careful when dealing with people at that age. 14/15 sure, pop a rubber cap in their ass.

Lucius86

Banned
pauljeremiah said:

And at times this is why our country rocks. Tea on the front lines.

Dead Man

pauljeremiah said:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6204/6024429000_b3057a5f3b_o.jpg[IMG]

As looters and rioters smashed up shops, looted and fought with police in Camden Town, Philippa Morgan-Walker, 25 and her husband, Jonny Walker, 31, made tea for the police who were protecting their street. Some of the officers had been on duty for more than 30 hours.[/QUOTE]
Keep calm and make tea. Brilliant, good on them.

DECK'ARD said:
It would make headlines all round the world.

Last time rubber bullets were used was in NI against the IRA, using it on kids and teenagers in London ahead of the Olympics? It more says you have a huge problem with your youth. I doubt they will do it. It's an effective scare tactic though.

It's hard to say what will happen tonight, I hope it quietens down rather than people trying to call the police's bluff and getting away with it which is how this all snowballed.
Oh I'm aware of the way it would be perceived, don't get me wrong.

I just take issue with the fact that they seem to care more about how the police look than GETTING THESE IDIOTS OFF THE STREETS.

Lkr

pauljeremiah said:
6024429000_b3057a5f3b_o.jpg

woah, these people are trying to make me regain faith in humanity :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom