• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Vicros said:
I've seen the word "ennit" a few times in this thread and on this unreadable twitter.

What does it mean? At first I though it was a shortening of "isn't it" but that doesn't make sense in the context of her tweet. How would I use it in a sentence?

Personally, I gave up trying to understand these people when they started to use "is it" in every possible situation.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=is+it

Salazar

Kentpaul said:
I'm going to the kebab shop innit

I ain't from England but i think thats how its used.

Welsh folks will tend to use "isn't it". I lapse into that habit when I am home for more than a month or so.

dc89

Fuck. My. Life.

"Gonna go rioting maybe wid da BF"

http://twitter.com/#!/itsBARBZbabes/status/100648510361313280

"ma bf got meh a new tracksuit from JD today <3 WHOPPING FOR THE RIOTERS"

http://twitter.com/#!/itsBARBZbabes/status/100648364143681536

"Got tones of stuff todayyyyy!!!!! #LondonRiots whop whop"

http://twitter.com/#!/itsBARBZbabes/status/100671547399872512

Vicros

That lady has a new tweet:

"its not like i can tke da stuff back nw ppl;; i realize wat i did ws rong nw"

Must be getting a whole lot of shit.

Lucius86

Banned
Cindres said:
I was seeing claims on Facebook last night that people were claiming people were trying to organise kicking off in Huddersfield last night.

Luckily absolutely nothing happened despite rumours that Nandos and MacDonald's were on fire. People need to stop stirring shit, it's not helping.

This. There is so much mis-information out there, especially on twitter. People keep including #streatham, #brixton etc. going "OMG I heard there is a fire in xxxxx - is it true?". People skim read it, re-tweet it and then all hell lets loose with bogus info for Police and local residents bricking it. Only post real info, people :-/

Eversynth

I was wondering... if 500 people have been arrested, how many are taking part in the "riots"?
Because that is the main problem...

Is that seriously a real poster? FFS, it's like they're cribbing from Alan Moore.

Edit: doh, thought I was on the last page: in reference to the "Watchful Eyes on the Bus" poster.

Lucius86 said:
I find that amusing coming from you, who somehow is keeping a very softy-softy approach here despite innocent lives being ruined for years to come by these thugs.

The family themselves are against the violence, of course they are (anyone sane would be). However, they are being naive by admitting he was into dodgy stuff, but apparently they know for sure he didnt shoot first or have a gun (heard this on BBC or Sky last night). How do they know this? Were they there at the shooting? Do they know everything about him? If he was into gangs, why not try getting him out of it like any good moral family would?

Why no information on his death? Well, I'm not sure if you seen the news, but the Police are rather busy and stretched atm.....

Last night I saw a mum screaming at her kid in the middle of my street trying to get him back in the house, because he was buggering off to fuck things up round my area and just stormed out the house. We need more mums like her actually trying to take some responsibility round here.

Softly softly approach = me not wanting the army to be involved and allowing the police to handle the situation? I just don't want to see MORE mayhem if/when the army are involved. I'm all for tear gas, water cannons and a bit more forceful policing, but I am not for the cries of people being shot and killed

As for them knowing/thinking he didn't shoot first, well I guess they went from the Guardian article that said he didn't shoot. And the report came out from the IPCC that he was killed one with shot to the chest. Now if we go by the original MET report that 3 shots were fired, well we can predict that the MET BS'ed the initial report. I honestly can't say anything about why his family didn't help him get out of the gang life. He was a 27 yo man, with kids, a grown arsed man who probably won't listen to what his family would say. I don't even know much about this guy, nor do you and nor do the media, so I guess until the truth, and nothing but the truth comes out, we are all free to keep a certain judgement against him (Was he a drug dealer? I didn't hear anything confirmed about that)

And I believe it's part of police written procedure that the family are informed if there has been death caused by a firearm shooting. He was shot on Thursday, and the riot didn't start until Saturday. Don't you think that's long enough for the police to say something to them?

You're right, parents need to do so much more. But I think a lot of these kids are in mother only households, physically impossible to stop these kids from leaving the house. plus it's school holidays.

It's a mess

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Eversynth said:
I was wondering... if 500 people have been arrested, how many are taking part in the "riots"?
Because that is the main problem...

if its all little chav crews, could be like 1 person from 500 crews of 20+

We've had the Arab Spring. Is this the Chav Summer?

Seriously, this is insane. And just happens to be occurring when I'm planning a trip to the UK for next March.

dc89

radioheadrule83 said:
Is it possible to delete tweets?

I hope someone is backing up the photos and tweets of these people

People have screen grabbed them. I bet Twitter cache them to a degree as well.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Has there been any estimates on the cost of the damage of all this yet?

God knows what will happen tonight. Hope it quietens down and we don't get it happening in more cities while the focus is on London. In theory it should quieten down, but who knows.

If the extra police are just regular officers like the ones who were sent into Camden last night, then they aren't going to ready if things kick off again.

Dead Man

Video at the link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...riots-Woman-confronts-rioters-in-Hackney.html

The footage, which was filmed by a Telegraph journalist near the heart of disturbances on Clarence Road last night, attracted more than 800,000 views within a few hours of being published.

In the clip, which includes strong language, the woman urges rioters to leave local shops alone, and concentrate on protesting against the death of Mark Duggan, whose shooting sparked the original riots in Tottenham.

The reaction on Twitter and other social networks was almost universally positive. One commenter wrote: "This woman has restored my faith in humanity somewhat today. I want to marry her."

Awesome.

pfkas

careful-now.jpg

Vicros said:
I've seen the word "ennit" a few times in this thread and on this unreadable twitter.

What does it mean? At first I though it was a shortening of "isn't it" but that doesn't make sense in the context of her tweet. How would I use it in a sentence?

It's almost a confirmation of a statement, innit (there is was used literally as isn't it)

But then you can say. "I was going to do it, innit, but"....

I can't explain to be honest. I say it only out of habit now..

Kentpaul

JMB said:
Whether they were rich or not is irrelevant, what they did to those diners was disgusting.

Goes without saying, I expect them to go into peoples houses and rape,steal and slaughter tonight.

Its a sad day to live in a country that borders England

Rocked

Anyone got any daylight pictures of the aftermath from last night? Curious to see the Sony building and the one in Hackney.

madmackem

Kentpaul said:
fuck looks like the rioters are getting there revenge on the rich

How so?, from what i have seen there just fucking up hard working peoples cars and homes. No one cares about big buiness they will be covered what about the average person that has had there car up in smoke or there house and lost everything?. If they wanted to get back at the goverment of the rich they could march on downing street and make the biggest stand there the fact there nicking things and smashing up there own area shows there is nowt to this but arseholes bing arseholes.

Brinbe

Your Excellency said:
This is nuts, the looters went into a really posh restaurant and mugged all the diners:

From the Guardian liveblog:
Fucking disgusting, just as bad as the vid of that poor kid with the backpack.

And man, I'm usually very tolerant, but all I've seen over the last 24 hours has been nothing but trash of the very worst kind. That stupid girl on twitter symbolizes it completely. Just fucking stupid.

Y'all that are caught up in this bullshit definitely have my sympathies at the moment and hopefully the authorities over there get their shit in order soon.

woolley

I haven't been following this but from what I read the police killed a guy shooting at them? Is that right? Why the hell would anyone protest that? This thing doesn't really make any sense to me.

Pendulum said:
She's deleted her account now.

Is this her?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-epqzkVxcMJq6rK9ZwrJHcIvv8RqD2zKUhQ4O5YA0G-UAMP622kSbTg

Code:
Twitter profile for itsbarbzbabes - Topsy
twitter.com/itsbarbzbabes. i tweet whats on my mind...it all may be a lil it ... 
itsbarbzbabes: @KatieRed29 wat ev;; it was free so I took it ennit,, ...

topsy.com/twitter/itsbarbzbabes - SimilarTwitter Trackbacks for @SophieeLou92 I ain't gonna get caught u ...
http://twitter.com/itsbarbzbabes/status/100869081904848898. 08/09/2011 3:18 ...

topsy.com/twitter.com/itsbarbzbabes/status/100869081904848898 - SimilarTwitter Trackbacks for @KatieRed29 wat ev;; it was free so I took ...
15 minutes ago ... KatieRed29 wat ev;; it was free so I took it ennit,, didn ...

topsy.com/twitter.com/itsbarbzbabes/status/100869292765097984 - SimilarRomantic. RT @itsBARBZbabes: Ma bf got meh a new tracksuit from JD ...
30 minutes ago ... RT @itsBARBZbabes: Ma bf got meh a new tracksuit from JD today <3 WHOPPING FOR 
THE RIOTERS by @robbiereviews.

inagist.com/.../Romantic._RT_@itsBARBZbabes%3A_Ma_bf_got_meh_a_new_tracksuit_from_JD_today_lt%3B3_WH - SimilarBarbra 3 (itsBARBZbabes) on Twitter
Barbra 3 (itsBARBZbabes) is on Twitter. Sign up for Twitter to follow Barbra 3 (
itsBARBZbabes) and get their latest updates.

twitter.com/itsBARBZbabes - Cached - SimilarCarlos Lakenberg (CarlosLakenberg) on Twitter
#Mcdonads about 3 hours ago via web in reply to itsBARBZbabes ...

twitter.com/CarlosLakenberg - Cached - Similar

I'm reporting this cunt to the police in case others haven't thought to do it. Twitter will hopefully still hold her info for a short while...

Walshicus

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Cool, could be bullshit of course but that was the word.
Well I went there for lunch [Chicken and Chorizo pasta] and nothing major. There were a couple of police cars driving around the car park, so they might have heard the same thing.

Kentpaul

madmackem said:
How so?, from what i have seen there just fucking up hard working peoples cars and homes. No one cares about big buiness they will be covered what about the average person that has had there car up in smoke or there house and lost everything?. If they wanted to get back at the goverment of the rich they could march on downing street and make the biggest stand there the fact there nicking things and smashing up there own area shows there is nowt to this but arseholes bing arseholes.

I fully agree man, but going into an upper-class restaurant and going to town on the people inside made me write that comment.

StuBurns

Banned
woolley said:
I haven't been following this but from what I read the police killed a guy shooting at them? Is that right? Why the hell would anyone protest that? This thing doesn't really make any sense to me.
We don't know if he was shooting at them. I believe there is a suggestion that the police shot their own walkie talkie, presumably the implication being they killed the guy and faked being shot at.

qq more

radioheadrule83 said:
Is this her?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-epqzkVxcMJq6rK9ZwrJHcIvv8RqD2zKUhQ4O5YA0G-UAMP622kSbTg

Code:
twitter.com/itsbarbzbabes. i tweet whats on my mind...it all may be a lil it ... 

topsy.com/twitter/itsbarbzbabes - SimilarTwitter Trackbacks for @SophieeLou92 I ain't gonna get caught u ...

topsy.com/twitter.com/itsbarbzbabes/status/100869081904848898 - SimilarTwitter Trackbacks for @KatieRed29 wat ev;; it was free so I took ...
15 minutes ago ... KatieRed29 wat ev;; it was free so I took it ennit,, didn ...

topsy.com/twitter.com/itsbarbzbabes/status/100869292765097984 - SimilarRomantic. RT @itsBARBZbabes: Ma bf got meh a new tracksuit from JD ...
30 minutes ago ... RT @itsBARBZbabes: Ma bf got meh a new tracksuit from JD today <3 WHOPPING FOR 

inagist.com/.../Romantic._RT_@itsBARBZbabes%3A_Ma_bf_got_meh_a_new_tracksuit_from_JD_today_lt%3B3_WH - SimilarBarbra 3 (itsBARBZbabes) on Twitter
Barbra 3 (itsBARBZbabes) is on Twitter. Sign up for Twitter to follow Barbra 3 (

twitter.com/itsBARBZbabes - Cached - SimilarCarlos Lakenberg (CarlosLakenberg) on Twitter

I'm reporting this cunt to the police in case others haven't thought to do it. Twitter will hopefully still hold her info for a short while...

Yes, that is her.

stupidlooter.png

Posting my snapshot since it shows the rest of her looting messages. Didn't want it to be a waste lol

Sir Fragula said:
Well I went there for lunch [Chicken and Chorizo pasta] and nothing major. There were a couple of police cars driving around the car park, so they might have heard the same thing.

Cool, thanks for checking. I've got to walk by there on my way home from work so it's useful to know. Cheers bud!

dc89

radioheadrule83 said:
Is this her?

Code:

Yup that is her. How would you go about reporting it if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom