• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North |OT| Not just another LotR game

lotr-war-in-the-north-release-date.png

:(

See you in a couple of weeks, thread.

Ken

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
How? You must not have selected super saver shipping. Lol. I went with it since I couldn't select release date delivery. Grr!

AcidAvatar if anyone wants to add me on PSN!
I actually went with two day free shipping with Prime since RDD wasn't available. Had an original delivery date of the 4th.

garath said:
Ugh. I wanted this on PC too.

After Skyrim means it gets backlogged. Maybe I'll get it for xmas.

Just to clarify, that's because I'm in Australia, I assume it's still on track for other regions. Tina said something about a delay in AU/NZ, but presumably that's a delay on the physical media so it's extremely frustrating to be an entirely digital gamer and still have to put up with delays which don't even affect the products I'm actually buying.

ironcreed

Banned
Hoping Gamefly sends this out to me today. Still waiting for them to ship me something out. I would love to get it in before I pick up Skyrim next week.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
was nov 1st, now nov 25th, sorry snowblind but no sell for me, you had me before the big guns came out as a nice inbetween but im not waiting 3 weeks for this game when there are better alternatives.

On a sidenote, region release date differentials only hurt the industry

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm still waiting on reviews. Snowblind has my eternal love after BGDA, but the preview impressions have been mixed.

AdawgDaFAB said:
I asked this in the Q&A thread but this one seems more active now:

In the PS3 version can each player be logged into their PSN account when playing couch co-op? So that they each have their own character, and also each earn trophies? 360 games normally are like this, no problem, but I've seen many PS3 co-op games where this isn't the case. This will make or break if I get it on PS3 or PC.
Still no word on this? I'd like to pre-order it today but I need to know this before I pick which version to buy.

High praise from Garnett :
Had a great time with War in the North over the weekend. Not sure I'll have a review ready by morning but no hesitation recommending it
best rhythm action combat I've played. Nice flexible combat system, combos feel good, and the loot!

Still want to know why the UK date is what it is!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
if we get it gifted from an american will it unlock :O?

garath

jim-jam bongs said:
Just to clarify, that's because I'm in Australia, I assume it's still on track for other regions. Tina said something about a delay in AU/NZ, but presumably that's a delay on the physical media so it's extremely frustrating to be an entirely digital gamer and still have to put up with delays which don't even affect the products I'm actually buying.

Ah, that's good. I really didn't even check before I posted. It's still on track in the US.

Really sucks about Australia though :( There should be no reason digital release is delayed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fine Ham Abounds said:
I'm beginning to think I'm going to be that weird guy who only buys this and Saints Row 3 this month.
Got ya beat. I'm getting Jurassic Park and Rayman Origins this month

larvi

Fine Ham Abounds said:
I'm beginning to think I'm going to be that weird guy who only buys this and Saints Row 3 this month.

Just this for me this month. I was one of the .75% on today's gamefaq's poll where this was my most anticipated Nov release. Eventually I will most likey get Skyrim but like all Bethesda games I will wait for the inevitable GOTY version before I jump in.

I also just got notification that my Amazon order shipped and I used FSSS.

SnowblindTina

LotR: War in the North Community Manager
Launch Trailer is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuzWUbOBXq0&feature=pyv

Also -
A few "first looks" and previews, have started popping up. This is what I lovingly call "Journalists trying hard not to break embargo, while vaguely providing some cool nuggets of info. :)"

If you guys see anything, feel free to post them. We in the studio are hungry to hear from the people too! (We know that the poor Journalists have TONS of work going on, with 4 to 5 games assigned per writer in this crazy game season, so we're thrilled just to hear from them!)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/the...c_id=m-1-60807204&pid=991492&tag=topics;title

ascii42

I really want this, but my backlog is absurd, and I know I'm getting Uncharted 3, and I want to get Battlefield 3 as well. Maybe I'll see how quickly I wind up getting through Uncharted 3.

Ken

This, SR3, Fate/Extra, and Halo CEA will probably be my Nov. purchases.

Promised myself that I wouldn't buy MW3 and I can probably get Skyrim later.

So has there been any reviews or anything yet? I've been hoping this is good and the screenshots have looked fucking amazing in all the ones I saw.

This is the only game I'm getting this month. Still haven't finished Batman AC yet, and I suspect this game is going to keep me occupied for a while with all the replay value.

Then in Dec it's all about SWTOR for me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SnowblindTina said:
A few "first looks" and previews, have started popping up. This is what I lovingly call "Journalists trying hard not to break embargo, while vaguely providing some cool nuggets of info. :)"
Don't embargo the reviews then. :p

Twinduct

Nov 25 ... seems so far away.
Any idea on when Greenmangaming will be sending out keys?
Cause I might just have to vpn myself in yar

Twinduct said:
Nov 25 ... seems so far away.
Any idea on when Greenmangaming will be sending out keys?
Cause I might just have to vpn myself in yar

They said November the 1st when I bought it, I'd assume they're on GMT given the location.

Twinduct

jim-jam bongs said:
They said November the 1st when I bought it, I'd assume they're on GMT given the location.

Hmm ... You know, I would hate to miss a damn sale during the 20 day wait before I can use my CC without a damn vpn.

Gah this is so tempting. Not to mention Skyrim and SR3 is alkeady pre-ordered.
Err what's the 'policy' of going back online, once the vpn changes? Does the game just go back to it's pre-release phase? .. or is there like Interpol valve? :p

Card Boy

Banned
Great, release date is 17 November and price raised to $73.99 on Aussie Steam. On top of that there is no split screen co-op on the PC version.

How the ef does this benefit me as a paying consumer while the pirates win once again?

Hey at least we can still get it for less than the absurd local price on Green Man:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/the-lord-of-the-rings-war-in-the-north/

Twinduct said:
Hmm ... You know, I would hate to miss a damn sale during the 20 day wait before I can use my CC without a damn vpn.

Gah this is so tempting. Not to mention Skyrim and SR3 is alkeady pre-ordered.
Err what's the 'policy' of going back online, once the vpn changes? Does the game just go back to it's pre-release phase? .. or is there like Interpol valve? :p

Okay, so keep in mind that this is hearsay as I've not done it myself. People have said that you have to use Steam in offline mode until the actual release-date, or stay on the VPN, or you'll be prevented from playing. It's not worth the hassle to me, as much as I'm excited to play this game there's always something else you can do. Maybe I'll finally start the second translated Witcher book.

Heavy said:
I wonder what it's made of because it's bigger than I thought when you look at it compared to the other objects like the dvd box in the pic. I really want that damn troll...
I've held one a buddy got from a conference. It's about a foot tall and pretty solid plastic. According to the Sunday flyer Best Buy just gives you one for buying any version of the game.

params7

Banned
This game is just releasing at such a wrong time. I usually buy every LoTR game even if its shit but just cannot this time with MW3, Skyrim and AC:R all releasing with next 3 weeks with BF3 and DS already on my back.

Also if this ever reaches OT2 may I suggest following header : And so they marched North, with bows, axes and swords

Loxley

params7 said:
This game is just releasing at such a wrong time. I usually buy every LoTR game even if its shit but just cannot this time with MW3, Skyrim and AC:R all releasing with next 3 weeks with BF3 and DS already on my back.

Also if this ever reaches OT2 may I suggest following header : And so they marched North, with bows, axes and swords

Couldn't agree more. Especially considering the PC version of Arkham City is releasing in two weeks, on top of the other games you mentioned. Why WB decided this was the opportune time to release WitN is beyond me.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Just pre-purchased this badboy on Steam on a complete whim. The trailer looked awesome and I saw some decapitation in there. And the thread the community rep had going made me think they really put some spitshine on this, I have a feeling it's going to be good.

Still playing Dark Souls, and BF3, and the Dungeon Siege Expansion, and the Warhammer Exterminatus, and now this... and have MW3 preordered and Skyrim LOL. Gonna be busy. This is probably the craziest release window that I personally have ever experienced.

cametall

I just pre-ordered the PS3 version from Amazon.

Please don't disappoint me Snowblind. I probably won't be getting to playing the game for a few weeks, but the $20 credit pushed me over the edge.

TheExodu5

Banned
params7 said:
This game is just releasing at such a wrong time.

Yep. It's a shame. I simply can't justify buying it with the half dozen games on my plate from October/November.

I will buy it down the road, assuming it gets a decent reception. I'm glad they put it on Steam...hopefully a sale or two down the road gives it some good legs.

Top Bottom