• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the Universe

Is Orange County a nice place to live? My parents and I are moving there in a year or two.

better than shitty LA.
higher living standards.
cleaner neighborhoods,
airquality is better.
freeway system is wider, so less traffic congestions.
job growth is also better.
beaches are cleaner,
people are far more friendlier.
food is worse (yes i know.total buzzkill) :(
nightlife is better is LA too, imo.
and best of all the women in OC are finer, nicer and a lot easier to confront.

thanks for the fatguy food today, and for not throwing my money in the street.

Anytime! That stop is really one of my favorites, even if no one ever knows the answers to my trivia questions :p

(PS: I totally threw your money in the street.)

And yes:

-We do make stops Downtown occasionally, but Burbank/SFV is where we hang the most.

-We offer catering services, just shoot me a PM and I can give you more details!

FEEEEEEP! I just re-watched your EP of Wipeout! Please come by, por lo menos para practicar tu español :3

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Anytime! That stop is really one of my favorites, even if no one ever knows the answers to my trivia questions :p

(PS: I totally threw your money in the street.)

but I was so close on the Symphony of the Night one!

(and you need to give us more trivia questions, we're bound to get one right!)

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
better than shitty LA.
higher living standards.
cleaner neighborhoods,
airquality is better.
freeway system is wider, so less traffic congestions.
job growth is also better.
beaches are cleaner,
people are far more friendlier.
food is worse (yes i know.total buzzkill) :(
nightlife is better is LA too, imo.
and best of all the women in OC are finer, nicer and a lot easier to confront.

Sounds like my kind of place. I would have to commute into LA county though.

otake

I'm looking for apartment recs in the culver city, burbank and maybe glendale. West hills is too far. And I do need a refrigerator.

LA-Gaf,

World Famous K-1 kickboxing is coming to LA in September. Opening round of the Heavyweight Grand Prix. No news on ticket prices but it should be fun and worth the price of admission. I'm going to do my best to try and get tickets.

Alchemy

LA-Gaf,

World Famous K-1 kickboxing is coming to LA in September. Opening round of the Heavyweight Grand Prix. No news on ticket prices but it should be fun and worth the price of admission. I'm going to do my best to try and get tickets.

Oh shit, I picked a good time to move down.

Officially on the way tomorrow morning. Stopping in Stockton for the night before finishing the final leg to Burbank on Tuesday. I can't wait to be completely exhausted.

beat

I'm looking for apartment recs in the culver city, burbank and maybe glendale. West hills is too far. And I do need a refrigerator.

I avoided the Westside Rentals website because I was philosophically opposed to paying for rental listings when Craigslist is out there, but... they probably do have better listings than Craigslist.

Burbank and Glendale are pretty far from Culver City, BTW...

But what about Palms? It's where I live, and it's quiet (if you're not right on a major street) and quite affordable. It's right beside Culver City. There are a whole bunch of apartments in my neighborhood with vacancies, though most of them are for 2 bedroom places.

Hey LA GAF!

Do you enjoy theater?

The 2012 Hollywood Fringe begins previews in a few short weeks!

Also, the Kickstarter for the 2013 Fringe is up.

I'm not in it this year for the second year in a row, but plan on doing a play next year. In fact, I actually have a play being produced as part of a Ventura one act festival this Friday! Am muy excitedado. I did not do well in Spanish class.

You never really appreciate something until you are away from it haha. Going to school in San Antonio, TX has made appreciate LA ALOT more lol. It just sucks that everytime I come back, there are so many changes lol.

Hopefully I am able to move out of the Norwalk area by next year. So boring here >.>

To my Metalhead LA GAFs, any venues you recommend checking out for shows? I only know a handful (HoBs, Viper Room, The Whiskey, Key Club, The Knitting Factory (RIP), Chain Reaction ... from what I can think of on the top of my head).

SKINNER!

Banned
Gonna be spending this weekend exploring LA. I'd ask if there are any cool places to eat, places to see and cool stores that sell cool stuff but I'll read through this thread first.

You never really appreciate something until you are away from it haha. Going to school in San Antonio, TX has made appreciate LA ALOT more lol. It just sucks that everytime I come back, there are so many changes lol.

Hopefully I am able to move out of the Norwalk area by next year. So boring here >.>

To my Metalhead LA GAFs, any venues you recommend checking out for shows? I only know a handful (HoBs, Viper Room, The Whiskey, Key Club, The Knitting Factory (RIP), Chain Reaction ... from what I can think of on the top of my head).

The Echo Plex (Echo Park) have some good metal shows from time to time. As does The Music Box (Henry Fonda Theater - Hollywood), and The Black Castle (South Central).

Just spotted Nintendoll & co. on KTLA 5 right now.

Smile girl!

Heehee, buuusted! :p

there's a link to the bit on thewien.com, but yes, in retrospect I should have probably smiled a bit more...

In my defense, I had just met Danny Trejo and was a nervous ball of goo.

Feep

Banned
Nintendoll, I am attacking your truck on Friday at Nickelodeon; that's, like, three minutes from my place.

Also, wooooooooo, E3 next week! Yay!

Hey LA-GAF, I have spent a year in lovely central coast now and is flying out of LAX in a little bit more then 2 weeks. I have seen most of the major places in Cali but I have barely spent any time in LA. I'm thinking if it is possible to fix this.

Can you have a good time in LA without a car? I will probably take amtrak down, is there some area where it would be nice to stay 2 or 3 nights pretty cheap? If it is close to a nice beach that would be good or if it is close to some nice place where you can just walk around in stores and stuff during daytime.

Usually I would look for a hostel so I could find other likeminded people but I have so much luggage that I prefer to have a room on my own that I can lock.

Is it possible to have a nice couple of days in LA without a car?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Hey LA-GAF, I have spent a year in lovely central coast now and is flying out of LAX in a little bit more then 2 weeks. I have seen most of the major places in Cali but I have barely spent any time in LA. I'm thinking if it is possible to fix this.

Can you have a good time in LA without a car? I will probably take amtrak down, is there some area where it would be nice to stay 2 or 3 nights pretty cheap? If it is close to a nice beach that would be good or if it is close to some nice place where you can just walk around in stores and stuff during daytime.

Usually I would look for a hostel so I could find other likeminded people but I have so much luggage that I prefer to have a room on my own that I can lock.

Is it possible to have a nice couple of days in LA without a car?

be somewhere in Culver City. You will be in the middle of everythang thats LA. google hotels around there bro.

be somewhere in Culver City. You will be in the middle of everythang thats LA. google hotels around there bro.
Thanks man, Sadly I couldn't find a motel 6(seems to be a cheap guarantee to avoid bedbugs) but I will keep looking for other cheap motels. What Is it close to that you would recommend me to see and do?

otake

You'll be hatin' life if you have to commute from Burbank to Culver City - suicidal if coming from Glendale.

I'm near making a decision on whether to make the move. Waiting on the company responding to my terms. I'm going to focus on culver city if I do it. So recommendations for 1 bedroom apartments in that area are welcome. Craigslist a good place to search?

I'm very nervous about this. I'm going to do this for six months then re-evaluate. One thing is for sure, if I do it I'm paying insomniac a visit. ;)

Sobriquet

He won't have a car, though. Culver City would be my last pick in that case, since there's nothing to see or do there.

Try Santa Monica or Hollywood/West Hollywood.

Top Bottom