• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the Universe

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ok, so I'm officially looking for a new one bedroom apt. on the westside as the place I currently live in has horrible management + loud neighbors (family of 4 that let their kids run wild plus one of them snores so damn loud, I can hear it in my bedroom at night). What are the best places to find listings? My budget is around $1000-$1100 a month so Palms/Culver area are my best bet. Also, in your experience, is it worth haggling to bring down the rent? I really don't want to pay any more than I currently do but the only bargaining chip I can think of is to offer 6 months rent money up front. Is that even a good idea?
I've found my places through Craigslist. You can check WestSide Rentals as well.
Haggling? No. There's tons of people who will rent, and I wouldn't personally give people 6 months in advance.
My internship is likely gonna be in Santa Monica... what should I know about the area? How expensive is it to live there
Expensive rent. Nice area with some bad areas. Prepare to pay $0.10 for paper bags or buy your own reusable bags. No plastic.

Depending on your budget sharing a $1400/$1500 apartment is common.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I'm in San Francisco right now for a few interviews. First time here, and I like it...

HURRY, SOMEONE CONVINCE ME NOT TO LIVE HERE

higher priced livin and everybody is so nice to you and invite you to parties and shit....also, if you're conservative in any way then gtfo....one more thing there's more rain than sunshine compared to los angeles....

correct me if im wrong..

Anyone know of any discounts to Disneyland for 1-day tickets? I seriously can't find any.

Are you in school or have connections to one? Student discounts I think are one of the few ways to find cheaper 1-day passes. Unfortunately, such connections elude me so I personally can't help you out, sorry.

They've really gotten stingy with the discounts for locals in recent years. Damn this improving economy!

PG2G

Just had the Brisket Banh Mi at Gjelina. Goddamn that is a good sandwich :O

$12 for a Banh Mi and worth every penny

So thirty and I showed up: here's some pictures of what you guys missed:
Panang curry fries
20121024_195120.jpg

don't wanna alarm you, but someone shit on yr chips mate.

overcast

I went roller skating for the first time in my life with my girlfriend last Saturday. It was fun as hell, I planned it and when I found out it was in Glendale I had to go.

Also, Glendale has stepped up. Americana is awesome. I don't live in LA, but I grew up there. So many things to do, love going there on dates once a month or so.

mollipen

I went roller skating for the first time in my life with my girlfriend last Saturday. It was fun as hell, I planned it and when I found out it was in Glendale I had to go.

Did you go to the Moonlight Rollerway? Don't live too far from there, so I went once, during one of the "adults only" times. It's totally retro, so I loved it.

mollipen

They could be the same thing. I actually have no idea. I tend to stay away from that area.

Galleria is the older mall that's been here for a long time (from what I understand), Americana is the relatively new fancy-schmancy outdoor mall across the street.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Update: I've moved into my SM apartment and just accepted a job offer! Now I'm an LA gaf official!

not until you buy me a drink while you do that "plot twist" with your hands a la M. Night Shyamalan and drink a shot of El Patron with me too.

Anybody on Time Warner and having wonky internet shit today? All non http traffic is fine, but everything web is just flaky as hell.

Also, seems their basic internet got upgraded to 15mbps, so thats a thing.

Sobriquet

Anybody on Time Warner and having wonky internet shit today? All non http traffic is fine, but everything web is just flaky as hell.

Also, seems their basic internet got upgraded to 15mbps, so thats a thing.

Mine's OK today, but sometimes it'll drop down to dial-up speeds. Resetting the modem usually works. They recommend that you do so every week.

Mine's OK today, but sometimes it'll drop down to dial-up speeds. Resetting the modem usually works. They recommend that you do so every week.

Nah, mine's been rock solid for a long while. Then today shit got weird. Reset both my modem and my router a couple times. Ugh.

edit: and just like that, its back to normal. Yay. Back to work I guess :p

Top Bottom