• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the Universe

941307_10152807104530099_17051718_n.jpg

Anyone going?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If someone will get me in.

Although I'm honestly more excited to go to PAX's for the indie stuff, I'd like to see the spectacle before it dies down again (plus console reveals!)

Finally home from university after being in Texas for four years. Feels great to be back! Somebody sneak me into E3! lol

Any cool hangouts or conferences for tech geeks?

Rorschach

If you were taking someone to LA for a weekend, where would you stay and what would you do? If you didn't have a place there, that is.

Zyzyxxz

Oh god it's actually happening... I'm nervous now. Gotta prepare 800 tacos, and I'm familiar with many of those who are going to be there and they have some serious tacos. I just hope I don't make a fool out of myself.

934023_541311412598125_39560616_n.jpg

I'm representing The Spirit House Bar

Oh god it's actually happening... I'm nervous now. Gotta prepare 800 tacos, and I'm familiar with many of those who are going to be there and they have some serious tacos. I just hope I don't make a fool out of myself.

You'll do great man.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

I want to try Mexikosher.
Seriously you'll do great.

beat

Arrested Development fans: the staircar is touring LA for the next few days. The Grove today, and I'm told Hollywood and Highland tomorrow and Santa Monica on Sunday. The banana stand should be up this coming Tuesday.

The worst is car commercials. I can always tell not only when a car commercial is shot in DTLA, but what street it is on. Fig. seems to be very popular.

Anyone going to E3?

Almost definitely.

If someone will get me in.

Although I'm honestly more excited to go to PAX's for the indie stuff, I'd like to see the spectacle before it dies down again (plus console reveals!)

Is this an invite?

I will be there and I don't even live in Los Angeles anymore! :)

I hope so. get me in this bitch, LA-GAF. I'll worship you as a god.

We should at least plan an LA-GAF meet.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I posted this in MetalGAF, and I'm not LA-GAF, but if you guys like metal at all, this might be of interest to you. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Hydra Head Records LA HQ Blowout-Yard Sale-Goodbye Party (This is (the frontman of Isis) Aaron Turner's label.)

The time has come for Hydra Head to shut down our LA HQ. It's been a long time coming, but that doesn't make the process any less of a heart breaker. In order to ease our pain a bit, we're opening our doors to the public for the first and last time on Saturday May 25th so we celebrate our disintegration with a Hydra Head Super-Power-Yard-Sale™. James O'Mara and Aaron Turner will be on hand to help serve you, and if you're nice, give you treats (sadly Sugar Bear aka Andrew Cox will be spending his last official paycheck in Mexico and won't be able to join us). We'll have tables set up with goodies in the office for your perusal, and snacks and refreshments available at random intervals. There will be some give away surprises to random customers and a free test pressing for the first five arrivals.

Some of what we'll have on had that day will include (but is not limited to) the following: $1 CDs, $5 t-shirts, office furniture (anyone need a desk? - we'll be giving away some of our office stuff as well), discounted copies of recent vinyl titles, Hydra Head Super-Rarities™ (original pressings of Cave In "Beyond Hypothermia" LP, Converge/Agoraphobic Nosebleed LP, Discordance Axis "Inalienable Dreamless" LP, Cave In "Jupiter" LP, Botch "We Are the Romans" 2xLP, Neurosis "Sovereign" LP, Pelican "The Fire in Our Throats..." 2xLP, etc), AND some other related treasures (ISIS test pressings and box sets, screen printed tour posters, random black metal t-shirts, and whatever other gems we can dig up). Our aim is to get rid of as much as is possible in our office, so if you see something you like hanging on a wall or sitting on a desk make us an offer and see what happens!

Here are the specifics:

Hydra Head Power-Blow-Out-Yard-Sale-Extravaganza™
Saturday, May 25th, Noon - 7 pm
4222 Santa Monica Blvd #104
Los Angeles, CA 90029

Thanks to everyone who made our Los Angeles dreams come true. We'll miss you! Come on by to say bye, and take some treasures home - from our horde to yours!

xoxo,
Team Hydra
(Aaron, James, Andrew)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Now I'm here trying to get into E3.

It seems like you get a badge with someone else's name on it? Do they ever check your ID or what?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The $150 person is acting legitimate and can type correctly, so if anyone (HP) wants to jump on that, might be a good idea.

Top Bottom