• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Dimension |OT| not Lego Dimensions

So if I nailed down the three suspects, and use a point on two of them and both of them end up not being the suspect, do I need to waste a point to confirm the third one? Or just go ahead and make sure that person gets the guilty verdict?

Dot-N-Run

So I figured out the traitor, but at this point only 1 person is voting against them. Didn't think the real challenge would be convincing everyone of who to vote off...

Steel

Banned
Just got into it. I love the characters, gameplay, artstyle and the concept of the game so far.... But the premise and The End of the World nonsense is such a thin premise I couldn't help but laugh.

Weiss

Banned
So I figured out the traitor, but at this point only 1 person is voting against them. Didn't think the real challenge would be convincing everyone of who to vote off...

As long as you don't need them in combat, just keep them out of your active party. The less they're used the more people will vote for them. You can also point your teammates to who the traitor is after combat.

I'm at the judgement room of the Fourth Stratum
and I've figured out the identity of both traitors. I have everyone voting for Nagi, but Toya is far behind in the rankings and I'm worried that since Sojiro is next in line after Nagi, then he'll be erased.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind.

Z3M0G

Just unlocked the Vision system... this game definitely took a turn.

It no longer feels like an SRPG, but rather a detective game with a SRPG Combat meta game. And I'm OK with that. It is very intriguing...

I wonder if the game has given me all the tools I need to fish out the traitor, or if I should start a spreadsheet to help...

UCBooties

Finally got my copy yesterday (UPS was holding the shipment to the story I preordered at for some reason). I have only played the first two missions but so far the impression is positive.

I got the Vita version and I do have a question about performance. Often times when a character is using a gift or about to counterattack there is a brief (very brief) loading screen. Does this happen in both versions of the game or just the portable version? It's not even really a problem so far, just something I was wondering about.

Finally got my copy yesterday (UPS was holding the shipment to the story I preordered at for some reason). I have only played the first two missions but so far the impression is positive.

I got the Vita version and I do have a question about performance. Often times when a character is using a gift or about to counterattack there is a brief (very brief) loading screen. Does this happen in both versions of the game or just the portable version? It's not even really a problem so far, just something I was wondering about.

happens to me in the ps3 version as well

Yeah, that loading screen is in both versions.

Shizuka

And just like yesterday, I can't boot the Vita version while connected to the internet. I don't know why, but the game only works when it's turned off.

Edit: I think I screwed up. I should've used deep vision at the beginning of the stratum, not the end. Now I know who the traitor is but my party are voting for innocent people. Is there any way to reverse this? Can I just continue even if I kill an innocent person, since for the true ending, I'll have to identify only the traitors, therefore getting the "all-seeing eye" trophy in any case?

Seda

And just like yesterday, I can't boot the Vita version while connected to the internet. I don't know why, but the game only works when it's turned off.

Edit: I think I screwed up. I should've used deep vision at the beginning of the stratum, not the end. Now I know who the traitor is but my party are voting for innocent people. Is there any way to reverse this? Can I just continue even if I kill an innocent person, since for the true ending, I'll have to identify only the traitors, therefore getting the "all-seeing eye" trophy in any case?

Redo some missions and answer their questions to sway them.

Z3M0G

This game really needs a hard difficulty. It's way too easy.

Depends on what you mean... the combat doesn't really feel like the "game" to me... it just feels like a tool to manipulate the true game mechanic, the traitor investigation vision system.

Even though it's very barren in development of characters and they have to do a lot with a little, I'm starting to really like some of these characters. Himeno is just so weird and I died laughing at her "I'm wearing black panties" "Well that escalated quickly" exchange. Mana is startlingly good and Nagi is interesting as well. Yoko was WAY more interesting after reading her character report.

They're not amazing characters or anything but there's enough there combined with the combat to attach me to them and what little is there is handled well so I like them well enough.

I think this game is one of those games where a 7 isn't a bad score for it because the points are deducted due to it being a budget title and limited in what it attempts to do due to monetary reasons and budget. So being a 7 I'd say it is most definitely a 7 worth playing as it has entertained me for a longer period of time than a lotta 9s chilling out there.

Nagi and Mana still the best though. I think Mana's exchange after her character quest with the MC was surprisingly deep and made me actually like the MC Sho more due to what he said.

Weiss

Banned
So now that I'm on the final floor, I think I ended up getting a pretty organic set of traitors.

Zenji was the first, and I never used him, so it was just a manner of sussing him out as he cursed out the party. Then Yoko, who I had actually spent time using and getting to know as more complex than just a boring moeblob I thought she was going to turn out to be, was next, and finally Nagi and Toya, the latter I've been using all game and was sort of my Second of the group. I like how once you max out their Camaraderie their death scene changes to them apologizing to Sho for betraying him.

I wasn't planning on doing a second playthrough, but the game's sci-fi fantasy artstyle, awesome soundtrack, solid gameplay, and intriguing characters and mystery plot are interesting enough that I may give it another whirl.

EDIT: Okay so now I'm at the final boss and
I can't even damage the guy. Basic attacks miss and my strongest Sanity eating specials barely nick him. I'm level 30, if it turns out I just need to grind.

Depends on what you mean... the combat doesn't really feel like the "game" to me... it just feels like a tool to manipulate the true game mechanic, the traitor investigation vision system.

But the traitor system is really simple and not very substantive. If that's the game, then this isn't a very good one.

Weiss

Banned
And finished. Managed to come up with a work around for the final boss.

Does NG+ explain everything, or do I need to collect Lores and find more conversations with that white haired Kid who is definitely The End to figure everything out. I know I have to max out camaraderie with all party members and find all the traitors as well. Is that it?

Also,
is there any way to guarantee that the people I haven't maxed out won't be the traitors on Floors 1 through 3?

Steel

Banned
I've gone through two judgements already, leaning on my third, and....

Why is it that the people I want to be the traitor never turn out to be one? I mean, seriously I've kept Marco at the low end of the point totem pole hoping he'd kick the bucket, while everyone I seem to get high trust levels with turns out to be a traitor. I had high trust with katan guy then he gets offed, then I had high trust with sojiro(way I figured, healer is the most useful class in the group) then he gets offed... And then I get high trust with himeno because she's one of the better damage dealer and I find out within two missions she's the next traitor.... And all the while I've kept marco at the bottom of my scoreboards just so I could kill him off easier.
Why do things never go the way you want them to in this type of game?

Shizuka

My first traitor after the standard one was Mana. Great, because I didn't like her. Except that after her, it was Marco, and I was aiming to get his social link along with Nagi. It's completely random.

Weiss

Banned
My final party in my first playthrough was HImeno, Mana, Sojiro, Marco and Agito. I thought I ended up with a nice, complementary set of characters.

Then on my second playthrough, Sojiro was the first traitor. Least I actually get to use
George now, that weeb.

So for anyone in the know, how do you trigger
conversations with the kid? I was chatting with my characters when he suddenly showed up.

Shizuka

I just found something funny. When you tell one of the members that he or she is the traitor, they'll be surprised and vote for you on the next tally.

Steel

Banned
My first traitor after the standard one was Mana. Great, because I didn't like her. Except that after her, it was Marco, and I was aiming to get his social link along with Nagi. It's completely random.

I didn't like Mana at first either, but she's such an excellent tank, self-healer, and damage dealer all at the same time I couldn't imagine my party without her....

And I can swear this game is trying to piss me off. I just completed Zenji's social link, and found out he's a traitor at the same time.... God damn it, he was my new healer after sojiro, too. Healing link was awesome.... I actually figured it out in my second mission in the chapter and first vision point because I was trying to eliminate him as a suspect. Hell, the same thing happened last chapter with Himeno.

Weiss

Banned
So if anyone's feeling ho-hum about the plot, let me promise you, NG+ blows it out of the water. It's worth staying invested.

I know this game doesn't have the most stellar writing, but it's a huge bummer when one of your favourites turn out to be the traitor.

Especially when that prick Marco gets to live for two whole playthroughs.

Weiss

Banned
Well, that's the True Ending.
I can't guarantee everyone will love it, especially since you have to beat the game twice to get it, but I thought it worked well enough. It answered most everything, and it had lots of big Sci-Fi concept explained in the silliest way that only anime can do.

I am also shamefully proud of my strategy for the final boss that let me wreck him within a single turn.

It's not a perfect game by any means. There's a ton of flaws, but I think there's enough good ideas in here that the hardcore Johnnies can get into it. Acquiring the Fate Materia of your dead comrades and using them to turn your team into custom death machines was awesome.

It's a solid B-tier game that will at most end up with a little cult of fans, but hey, that's good enough. I'm happy to be one of them.

Speaking of, can somebody help me understand this part of the true ending?
So the idea is that the traitors of the group were from the doomed universe with The End, and when they're Erased they're actually sent back to their dimension. So like, if Mana is a traitor, then there's no Mana in Sho's universe, she and the rest of the traitors were sent to the doomed universe with The End, and then they just showed up at the tower where everyone lost their memories (they really should have elaborated on that. It gets mentioned like one time), and The End gives them the truth as they climb the tower. So was there never a SEALED, then? Or were there only Sho and the five members who weren't traitors, and the five others were inserted into their ranks?

On that note, how did everyone lose their memories?

Zephyx

Getting this later along with Ar no Surge a few weeks down the road. Funds are a little low on the moment as I'm dedicating my gaming budget for something else.

Steel

Banned
Wow, I got left with a less than ideal party at the last stratum. Now I don't know exactly what to do.

Nah, just mad that I couldn't knock off marco. Kid's obnoxious.
Though he ended up dieing anyway with the two judgements in a row twist, despite the fact that I know he wasn't even a suspect. I'll take it as a win.

I finished my first run through the game and I found it to be pretty disappointing. The writing isn't very good. the combat is easy and repetitive, and the traitor mini-game is shallow and not very engaging once you've gone through a floor or two. I'm not sure I really want to play through it again to get a real ending.

To anyone sitting on the fence about this game, I'd wait for a price cut.

Taruranto

Oh god the writing in the intro segment.

Though it's refreshing to play a jRPG that doesn't look like It'd land you in jail if someone walks into the room.

Has anyone had performance issues with the Vita version? I really want to pick it up on the Vita, but I have read that game has crashed on some people. So I might get the PS3 version instead.

Weiss

Banned
Avoid the alternate costumes then.

Heh. Yeah. I liked the military outfits with the unified colour scheme the game had going (I mean okay yeah miniskirts but baby steps people) and a lot of the costumes are ridiculously fetishistic.

At least Marco gets to dress as a big cat.

This game is pretty buggy. Besides getting black screens during certain attack animations, now the game froze up right after beating the true victor version of the final boss right as the true ending was starting. Ugh.

Seda

This game is pretty buggy. Besides getting black screens during certain attack animations, now the game froze up right after beating the true victor version of the final boss right as the true ending was starting. Ugh.

That happened to me too. Had to redo the battle.

That happened to me too. Had to redo the battle.

Yeah, I did the battle again and it didn't freeze this time.

I don't particularly care for how the game was structured. Locking away pretty much all of the story (which still isn't great) behind new game+ when other than a few side missions all of the combat sections are pretty much exactly the same as the first time through wasn't a great idea.

Edit: Oh, it seems I ran into a trophy bug now. Somehow the last trophy I needed, All-Seeing Eye didn't unlock. But I identified all the traitors correctly and even got the True Victor trophy, which you can't get if you mess that up.

Has anyone had performance issues with the Vita version? I really want to pick it up on the Vita, but I have read that game has crashed on some people. So I might get the PS3 version instead.

Vita version has crazy slowdown on the interlude sections with the menus. Game performance is pretty bad overall (loading screens during battle etc). A known bug is if you browse the internet and return back to the game, which can cause the game to crash completely.

Still a fun game though with some new/neat concepts for a JRPG. I'm also really enjoying just unlocking shit for all of the characters. And there's so much to unlock and level up. That part is really addictive.

Tizoc

OK the Vision thing is confusing, is the traitor chosen at random or something? I've redone battles with characters who I VPed as safe but then one of them gives a red voice. I'm so confused @_@

Enjoying the battle system though but bah god does the performance leave soooooo much to be desired @_@

OK the Vision thing is confusing, is the traitor chosen at random or something? I've redone battles with characters who I VPed as safe but then one of them gives a red voice. I'm so confused @_@

The only thing that matters in the after battle segment is the number of voices, the character on screen when the red text appears doesn't mean anything. There are three potential hostiles and one of them is the real traitor. Narrow it down and then use your vision points to confirm which of the three it is.

Tizoc

The only thing that matters in the after battle segment is the number of voices, the character on screen when the red text appears doesn't mean anything. There are three potential hostiles and one of them is the real traitor. Narrow it down and then use your vision points to confirm which of the three it is.

So let's say after 1 Battle I find out Nagi is the Traitor, I go with another group and get say Zenji as a traitor. I then play a battle with those 2 in the team and from there I can narrow down which of the 2 is the traitor for that floor?

Weiss

Banned
So let's say after 1 Battle I find out Nagi is the Traitor, I go with another group and get say Zenji as a traitor. I then play a battle with those 2 in the team and from there I can narrow down which of the 2 is the traitor for that floor?

Every floor has three potential traitors. The best thing to do is swap your party members around until you determine who all three Red voices belong to, then use Deep Vision on them.

Also, when Sho has his after battle vision, any of those five characters could be the traitor (so for example, if a picture of Marco shows up next to Red text, that doesn't mean he's one of the possible traitors).

Tizoc

Every floor has three potential traitors. The best thing to do is swap your party members around until you determine who all three Red voices belong to, then use Deep Vision on them.

Also, when Sho has his after battle vision, any of those five characters could be the traitor (so for example, if a picture of Marco shows up next to Red text, that doesn't mean he's one of the possible traitors).

OK got it.
But say I vision one and they are Safe, but then I go into battle with that Safe teammate and he suddenly turns out to be one of the 3 suspects. Can that happen?

After each battle go into the vision menus and see how many hostile voices there were among the 5 you brought into battle. You won't be able to know much after one or two battles. There are three suspicious people per floor, so you'll need to switch up your party for each battle until you have enough information to narrow it down. Once you've identified the three suspicious people you need to use your vision points to find out who the real traitor is.

OK got it.
But say I vision one and they are Safe, but then I go into battle with that Safe teammate and he suddenly turns out to be one of the 3 suspects. Can that happen?
That can't happen. Once you've used a vision point on a character and identified them as safe, then he or she is safe for that floor. On the next floor however you start all over.

Top Bottom