• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Dimension |OT| not Lego Dimensions

Weiss

Banned
OK got it.
But say I vision one and they are Safe, but then I go into battle with that Safe teammate and he suddenly turns out to be one of the 3 suspects. Can that happen?

If you use a Deep Vision point and they're labelled safe, then they aren't the traitor for that floor, even if they have the red text in the after battle vision. Only one of the three characters with red text is the actual traitor for that floor.

Tizoc

OK some quick questions and I apologize if I'm asking something I already did but
1- Is there any penalty to replaying previous Side missions?
2- Can I replay older missions that are easy diff., using a group of 3 characters and from that I can deduce the traitor?

OK some quick questions and I apologize if I'm asking something I already did but
1- Is there any penalty to replaying previous Side missions?
No
2- Can I replay older missions that are easy diff., using a group of 3 characters and from that I can deduce the traitor?
I think you have to take 5 people with you. But you can replay old missions to find the traitor.

Okay so a couple of new game plus questions, no story stuff but spoilered just in case:

1. So it seems obvious I'm going to need to finish the bonds with Everyone and I have 3 I didn't get the first time. Am I just stuck at the whims of the game whether or not they'll make it to chapter 4 so I can do their quests? I mean, can you potentially just get trapped with the bad luck of them always being traitors early?

2. So I started new game plus with 22 gift points. Is that set in stone or is it based on something? Does this increase on following new game pluses so you can max everything eventually?

Okay so a couple of new game plus questions, no story stuff but spoilered just in case:

1. So it seems obvious I'm going to need to finish the bonds with Everyone and I have 3 I didn't get the first time. Am I just stuck at the whims of the game whether or not they'll make it to chapter 4 so I can do their quests? I mean, can you potentially just get trapped with the bad luck of them always being traitors early?
Yes, you are dependent on luck for that. But you can choose not to execute the real traitor and still get the true ending, so there is some leeway if you don't mind doing that.
2. So I started new game plus with 22 gift points. Is that set in stone or is it based on something? Does this increase on following new game pluses so you can max everything eventually?
It's dependent on how many skill points you had at end game. It stacks with each NG+ so you could eventually max everything.

Tizoc

OK these Floor 3 missions are getting trickier.
Just to confirm I get the most EXP from S-ranking stages right?

Tizoc

So what exactly does getting a Gold relationship with characters entail? Does this carry over to NG+ or can I reach it faster in that mode?

Finally do I get all bonus VPs from my previous playthroughs or do I gotta get them from stages again?

So what exactly does getting a Gold relationship with characters entail? Does this carry over to NG+ or can I reach it faster in that mode?

Finally do I get all bonus VPs from my previous playthroughs or do I gotta get them from stages again?

Everyone's relationship meter resets to the default, but anyone whose relationship you completed (ie got the achievement and it says complete on the status menu) stays that way and you don't have to bother with again. To get the true ending you need to gold everyone's relationship, so on NG+ just focus on those you didn't get the first time around.

Vision points don't carry over.

Yeah, I'm wondering what carries over into NG+ myself, if anyone knows the specifics?

You get bonus money, keep a portion of your skill points, any S ranked missions stay that way, and so do any completed relationships.

So the relationship stuff is pretty easy. Put characters in your party, assist with them with your main hero, talk to them first or second when the blue talk icons come up. All of that boosts your relationship with them. At certain points your relationship will reach a level where there is a gold icon instead of blue. These are basically "rank up" conversations. Once you max out a relationship with someone, they'll give you a character quest (almost all in chapter 4, one in chapter 3 I believe). Do the character quest and you've cemented the max relationship.

As for new game plus:

all maxed relationships carry over

all S ranked missions are still S ranked

What I believe is a small percentage of the money you had at the end of last game gets carried over

You get a bunch of gift exp at the start of a new game plus for each character based on what level they were when you beat the game I believe (i had 22)

Things that DONT carry over are character levels, equipment, items, relationship levels (outside of maxed relationships), most of your money

Once you max out a relationship with someone, they'll give you a character quest (almost all in chapter 4, one in chapter 3 I believe). Do the character quest and you've cemented the max relationship.
One character (Mana) gives you her quest in chapter 3, but you need to talk to her in chapter 4 to complete the relationship, so you need to get every character to chapter 4 at least once.

You can still get the true ending if you execute the wrong person, so if you are unlucky and someone whose relationship you need to max out is a traitor on the first tree floors of NG+, you can just not execute them.

Taruranto

Reading the thread, I feel like I'm doing something wrong, cause the game has been pretty hard for me. My characters are getting cleaved all the times. :S

Any tips? Or just "grind more"?

Steel

Banned
Reading the thread, I feel like I'm doing something wrong, cause the game has been pretty hard for me. My characters are getting cleaved all the times. :S

I get the impression it's a matter of grind, cause while I didn't find the game ultra hard, I didn't find it easy, either. I didn't do one mission more than was necessary, to the point of only having enough money in the last chapter to buy one of the new weapons in the shop (and of course, I bought it for the traitor >.>).

Weiss

Banned

Grinding always helps, but you really want to keep your characters close together most of the time for combo attacks. Lead with the character who does the most damage (usually Agito, George and Mana) to involve them in more attacks.

Alternatively, just do what I did whenever I had a problem: have Marco go berserk and send him at it.

Taruranto

I get the impression it's a matter of grind, cause while I didn't find the game ultra hard, I didn't find it easy, either. I didn't do one mission more than was necessary, to the point of only having enough money in the last chapter to buy one of the new weapons in the shop (and of course, I bought it for the traitor >.>).

Yeah, turned out I rushed the first stratum. Things went more smoothly in the second once I started grinding a bit.

About the "secret documents", is there one for every map or what?

Danganronpa knockoff. Someone is deadset in destroying the world and your team is the only people that can defeat the bad guy.

tumblr_inline_mzpuh7sAr41so3gm8.jpg

Weiss

Banned
The Danganronpa-like elements aren't nearly as prevalent as the marketing might have made them out to be. It's an interesting enough mechanic, and it's cool how it forces you to use different characters and strategies for each playthrough, but it's ultimately fairly minor. As cool as it sounded, I never felt like it had a big impact on the gameplay.

EDIT: As for the story itself, well, it's not particularly great, and while the characters are allowed to show some depth in their personal quests, the random traitor mechanic forces each of them to be interchangeable, which is pretty disappointing since I ended up liking most of them. The main plot has the problem of needing the secret files from NG+ to explain everything going on, but I will say that its that brand of big, weird sci-fi that anime does well, and I liked it well enough.

Shizuka

It's a Danganronpa in the sense that the story is all about "let's be friends and overcome all the hardships, let's not distrust of one another", just like Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2. The judgment is not the only thing they borrowed from Danganronpa, although it's not like Danganronpa invented that either.

Tizoc

OK The End is kicking my ass and I am lvl. 35ish
Should I grind til lvl. 40-45 before engaging him again?

The traitors the first time I fought him were Sojiro and Toya, and I ended up using my abilities lowering my SAN.
Assuming they're the same traitors for the next fight I can just unequip them and save up my SAN, and during The End fight I just let Marco go Berserk?

Steel

Banned
OK The End is kicking my ass and I am lvl. 35ish
Should I grind til lvl. 40-45 before engaging him again?

The traitors the first time I fought him were Sojiro and Toya, and I ended up using my abilities lowering my SAN.
Assuming they're the same traitors for the next fight I can just unequip them and save up my SAN, and during The End fight I just let Marco go Berserk?

I was level 30 when I fought him. All my attacks were doing 30-60 damage(Yoko was actually mostly doing 0) and the only time I could do meaningful damage was crits, but I did manage to beat him after a few tries.

Here's my advice:

First: The traitors will always be the same. I personally only had one traitor, so I had a bit more to work with.

Second: How you come out of the traitor fight is important; if your turn is just about to end when you finish the last traitor, then you won't be able to act in the first turn of The End battle. This can also work in your favor, all buffs you equip during the traitor fight carry over into The End's fight, so buff up. You shouldn't need to waste much sanity on the traitor's, they don't have a huge amount of HP(about double their normal) so they shouldn't be too hard to bring down. Basic attacks should suffice.

Finally for The End boss fight: The End has 3 moves. His basic attack, a powerful AOE attack, and his Rage clone explosion attack.

The basic attack has as much range as anything you can throw at him, so every time you hit him, he'll counter for a load of damage and he has a high crit rate. If you have Nagi's Dive skill equipped on someone, you can use it to start an assist chain with no drawback. Before that, get all your people in position and use buffs while doing so, keep them far behind The End. Don't group up too much or he'll bomb you with his AOE.

Once you do enough damage, he'll have a monologue. Once that happens he's about to use Stream of Rage, which clones him 3 times. Only the clones can attack, and they'll only use basic attacks, The End himself will just stand still and do nothing. Two options here: stay the fuck away and wait for them to dissappear in 3 turns, keeping in mind that you need to hide behind the barriers around the map to avoid getting nuked or you can kill them, which will greatly reduce his sanity to the point of stunning him.

And don't forget, berserk can be pretty damn useful so long as you make sure you have no friendlies nearby.
And feel free to use up all your Life Pack+'s, you don't get to keep them in NG+.

Huh, that turned out a bit longer than I expected...

Tizoc

Dang what the fuck...

I think I'll grind til lvl. 40 and try again, I ended up with
Marco, Himeno, Hana

Taruranto

Floor 4 "Hall of The End" is an excellent stage to grind, using Agito teleport + summon allies I can finish the stage in one/two turn skipping all enemies but boss.

Taruranto

Wait a second, so to get the true ending I need to max all bonds? Can anyone confirm that?

Because if it's like that, I'm screwed up since both Nagi and another character got erased before chapter 4 again...

Wait a second, so to get the true ending I need to max all bonds? Can anyone confirm that?

Because if it's like that, I'm screwed up since both Nagi and another character got erased before chapter 4 again...

You have to max them all. You could have chosen to not execute the right traitor so you can get them to floor 4, but now you'd need to do a third run.

Weiss

Banned
Well, that's bananas. No way I'm doing a third run. I'll settle for whatever ending I'll get and youtube the rest.

Yeah, it's pretty crappy because you can either screw yourself out totally or have to keep traitors on your roster. They should have made it so characters who don't have max camaraderie can't be traitors on a New Game +, since if you play the game right you'll have between 5 and 7 maxed out characters in your first playthrough.

Taruranto

Oh god the True ending cs (thanks youtube!) is so cheesy.

Overall I don't think the story was very good, I liked the themes and lore, but the game didn't use them very well.

Anyone else got VN vibes from the final cs with multiple worlds?

Weiss

Banned
Oh god the True ending cs (thanks youtube!) is so cheesy.

Overall I don't think the story was very good, I liked the themes and lore, but the game didn't use them very well.

Anyone else got VN vibes from the final cs with multiple worlds?

Agreed. I'd like to write some more on the game, if only because nobody else ever will, but it's sad to see a lot of the really cool concepts and designs the game presents go underutilized.

Tizoc

Anyone else have the game just freeze on them when you go to talk to characters after a battle? Been happening to me sometimes :/

Tizoc

Sped through the game yesterday and today gonna aim to beat it one last time on NG+

I enjoy the combat system but it really needs to be a little more lenient in as performing any action without moving would result in end of turn is extremely silly.

Z3M0G

You have to max them all. You could have chosen to not execute the right traitor so you can get them to floor 4, but now you'd need to do a third run.

wtf is this shit? Wondering if I should just quit the game now... good lord. I hate shit like this.

I finally managed to snuff out and execute an actual traitor at the end of Floor 3, but the rest of the characters didn't even acknowledge that it happened... I came here to ask what the fuck was the point?

suikodan

It's funny, I beat The End the first time with level 35ish characters. Ok, it's useful to develop gifts with status-inflicting properties because The End was confused, sealed and put to sleep during the fight. Only had one traitor left (I thought there were only 2...)

So from what I read here, it doesn't seem worthwhile doing NG+ except for the trophies. Everything else can be Youtube'd, right?

Other than that, I did like the game.

Zareka

Bit late to the party due to Euro delay, but I just beat the game there and oh man that boss fight was hilarious. Sojiro is a monster. A couple auto attacks and The End was bound + stunned, everyone piled up behind him and critted the ever loving hell out of him. The one attack he managed to get on Sho was swiftly premonition'd and counter attacked.

I gotta say, I really enjoyed my time with this game, far more than I thought I would. The difficulty was a nice, chill sweet spot; enough to make me stop and plan out my moves but not difficult enough to wipe me into a frustrated rage. A relaxing kind of difficult. I like it's relative shortness too, considering I have Danganronpa and MGS to get to now.

Edit: meh, I YouTubed the ending. I didn't miss any gameplay so I'm satisfied for now. I'll go back and play it eventually. I kinda liked the story!

Final team ended up as Sojiro/Agito/Himeno/Yoko. Nagi betrayed me at the end, which I was kinda thankful for because she was my worst character. Marco was the traitor for the last stratum and Toya got random voted after him.

Jolkien

Not sure of this topic is still checked by people who played the game but I started playing, pretty good so far. What is the use to color mark people ? I marked the traitor red and got a trophy but it doesn't seem to influence the vote.

galvenize

Beat the game once, didn't feel like doing a second playthrough so I youtubed the true ending. The final boss music of the true ending is goat. (lost dimension - main theme)

Not sure of this topic is still checked by people who played the game but I started playing, pretty good so far. What is the use to color mark people ? I marked the traitor red and got a trophy but it doesn't seem to influence the vote.

it's just a handy tool to help you remember who acted suspicious in your vision. I usually only use one color.

Top Bottom