• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet 2 |OT| Rolling, Grappling, Bugs and Mechs

Lucentto

Banned
Just like I remember from LP1, the MP online is stupidly unbalanced, but it still ends up being the most fun I have ever had playing a shooter online next to Killzone 2.

Sectus

bryehn said:
I want to start a single-player ofline campaign. Should I take the default 3 AI with me or go solo?
There's no reason NOT to take the AI unless you wanna make it harder for yourself.

People's complaints about the AI are very very exaggerated. The AI helps you kill enemies, most enemies will attack the AI, the AI can help you by giving you t-eng and other stuff. And the battle gauge is never reduced if the AI dies, so there's no penalty for having the AI in your team.

In case some missed it.

Lead Farmer said:
Not sure if old. But you can get unlimited slot machine rolls! Basically I used up all my points on the slot machine and got pure crap I got pissed and and tried quitting out to the XMB without backing out of the slot machine screen. When I came back on the game I had all my points back and tried again to hopefully get better prizes.

Look what just popped up for preorder :D :D :D

51pNQN0rpNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41hWwhRLjQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51NA%2BwNYQeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41zf-7HWNcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00368BMAA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00368BMAK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B9H3KC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B9H3JS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just ordered them all! :D

Read some people's rage on 3-3. Was apprehensive to do it. Finished it on 2nd try thanks to a 13-year old kid who knew what the heck he was doing (and a full squad of 4 people).

He and another person used the chopper VS to take out the large majority of weak spots, while 2 people operated and cooled the main gun in support.

As he took off the last bits of life with the chopper VS, I turned the gun around to the back of the train to kill him in the mouth.

Easy!

This game is VERY fun!

Wasted most of the day trying to get 3-3 done on hard. Palyed with 3 different groups of people and for some reason they all leave me to work the cannon on my own. Reload, energise, turn, fire, cool. It's IMPOSSIBLE for one person.

Llyranor

Man, no one's uploaded the sub theme on youtube yet. That's the awesome track that plays in 6-3 when you
pilot a hardballer in space

Olivero

Baloonatic said:
Wasted most of the day trying to get 3-3 done on hard. Palyed with 3 different groups of people and for some reason they all leave me to work the cannon on my own. Reload, energise, turn, fire, cool. It's IMPOSSIBLE for one person.

Just finished 3-3 about 30 minutes ago on hard. Took me all day. It isn't necessarily hard, it's just all about finding people who will work together.

Finally scored a good party and nailed it on our first try.

Uncle Dukey said:
Does this game have combined split-screen + system link? For instance, two consoles with two people on each console.

doesn't seem like that will work. it'll only let me have one player on a console when i choose system link.

for those of you on 360 and in need of help just send me an invite. i have a headset and follow instructions well enough.

i beat 3-3 not having any idea as to what was going on i just had some guy direct the fight and we beat it first try.

Last edited:
Fellows, not sure if it's against protocol or anything - I seem to recall the Borderlands thread being hassled by mods when they were working out some online match-ups - but would it help if I added a bunch of people's PSN/Xbox tags to the OP for ease of use? I personally think it'd do the game service.

So, if you're up for it, let me know.

My copy arrived! And in one of those crappy situations, my net was acting up, so I couldn't connect for multiplayer...but the first little campaign was great fun and I'm keen for more! Please be fixed, net, by the time I get home.

Pylon_Trooper said:
Fellows, not sure if it's against protocol or anything - I seem to recall the Borderlands thread being hassled by mods when they were working out some online match-ups - but would it help if I added a bunch of people's PSN/Xbox tags to the OP for ease of use? I personally think it'd do the game service.

My copy arrived! And in one of those crappy situations, my net was acting up, so I couldn't connect for multiplayer...but the first little campaign was great fun and I'm keen for more! Please be fixed, net, by the time I get home.

PSN or 360 version?

Zozobra

Pylon_Trooper said:
PS3 version, sir. Would very much like to suit up and ship out into EDNIII with some folks once my net gets back up and running.

If it's not against any rules, then I think it's a great idea since there's no meet-up thread.

Zozobra said:
If it's not against any rules, then I think it's a great idea since there's no meet-up thread.

Alright, I'll get it sorted after work. I need to make a few changes to the OP, perhaps even quote Tycho from Penny Arcade - since this game seems to separate the men from the sooky, whiny babies. :D

d0c_zaius

Pylon_Trooper said:

yea Im down. if your net is working and its 360 version ill play too.

GT: Dok Zaius

edit: bah im dumb, i didnt see you had ps3 version. Well you can add me to the list :D

methos75

Banned
Capcom should just scrape the story/stage based gameplay, and make LP into Monster Hunter with guns. The best part of LP2 is teaming up with others in your swanky gear to destroy the bosses, make the whole game that with a MH like mission structure and it be ace.

Pylon_Trooper said:

If it's not too much hassle for you, it would be great IMO. I stupidly used Zavvi for my preorder and it hasn't shown up yet, but in the meantime I bought another copy which should be here today or tomorrow.

I'll need a few days to play some of the SP before jumping in online, but after that I will likely be on competitive MP on the 360 regularly. My details are:

360 | JohnnyD84 | UK

Lucentto

Banned
My GT is lucenttto. I already completed the campaign on Normal and Hard, working on Extreme mode now. I play MP online a lot also, so if you want to play send me a message.

Actually, fellows...would you be able to list your region as well? UK/EUR, JPN/ASIA/AU, NA, just for an easy go-to guide on who would best suit for a co-op session.

Once we've got all that info, BAM...it'll be on even harder than it already is! Net still craptacular at mine, sadly, but no trouble...soon enough!

Sectus

Pylon_Trooper said:
Actually, fellows...would you be able to list your region as well? UK/EUR, JPN/ASIA/AU, NA, just for an easy go-to guide on who would best suit for a co-op session.

Once we've got all that info, BAM...it'll be on even harder than it already is! Net still craptacular at mine, sadly, but no trouble...soon enough!
One little reminder to people though, the game easily handles connections between regions. I'll be surprised if someone can even tell the difference between playing with someone in US or Europe.

Sectus said:
One little reminder to people though, the game easily handles connections between regions. I'll be surprised if someone can even tell the difference between playing with someone in US or Europe.

This is true. I've played tons of games, mostly co-op and only one sticks out as having noticable lag. I'm pretty impressed.

Pylon_Trooper said:

Tidied my post up for ya :) Would it also be worth stating whether we are into co-op/competitive or both?

Sectus said:

Indeed, I was more thinking for timezone referral. But you're right, it's pretty flawless - judging by how smooth the demo was.

Numpt3

Not played much yet (just finished 3-3 last night) but i'm loving it so far. damn good game, and the fact that it was £27 on release day makes it even better :D

Jones

Neo Member
How's the split screen co-op in this? Is it a horizontal or vertical(please say no) split? I'm hoping its done like RE5.

Gents, I've updated the OP with our tags. If you want me to list your region, let me know, otherwise for the moment, it's a tight-knit little group of bug-hunters and mech-lovers. As it should be! Although, to quote a meat pie commercial from back home in Australia..."d'ya think they know what they're missin' out on?"

Interestingly enough, the PS3 leads the trot in terms of ownership. At least as far as I know. I know Llyranor does a lot of his mech-loving via 360 with Virtual On, so it makes sense he'd be shifting the VS hydraulics on the same machine. :D

PSN: Baloonatic
UK

I unlocked the Gun Sword last night. Melee attacks are actually awesome now. Two hits to kill and you can combo them =D

YES!! My copy finally arrived (bought another copy in the meantime and it also arrived today :p) and I've played about an hour and a half of the SP and an hour of MP and my god I'm having so much fun with it! :D Took a little bit to get back into the LP feel but once I did it all clicked and felt familiar again.

Hopefully should be on tonight UK time so feel free to add me :)

Zozobra

Jones said:
How's the split screen co-op in this? Is it a horizontal or vertical(please say no) split? I'm hoping its done like RE5.

It's horizontal like RE5, but it seems like there is even less screen in this game.

Kaldea

Yeah, splitscreen is a bit annoying, but I got used to it pretty quick myself.

I guess I'm just not as picky as most.

orion434

Wow, playing through again with 3 friends is so much better than 3-dumb-as-rocks AI... should have done this from day-1

I'm going to assume most people who come in this thread are done with 3-3 (game's been out a week now), so no more spoiler tags for 3-3.

I loved the concept of how after you kill a category G, it is so intrinsically tied to the life of the actual planet that the weather become severely cold.

Do we know approximately how many Category G's there are, and why we would want to kill them?

Major Williams said:
I'm going to assume most people who come in this thread are done with 3-3 (game's been out a week now), so no more spoiler tags for 3-3.

I loved the concept of how after you kill a category G, it is so intrinsically tied to the life of the actual planet that the weather become severely cold.

Do we know approximately how many Category G's there are, and why we would want to kill them?

Cause they're eating our fucking trains!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Major Williams said:

I've been unable to finish 3-3 for about four days now, actually. Between the horrible interface and this level pissing me off (I know perfectly well how to beat it, but people keep falling off the railway cars enough to kill the battle gauge and the AI is painfully retarded making single player just unfun) I'm about done with the game. Bit of a shame because the game itself is really good, outside of playing this level over and over again, making it to the last section and watching every one of those stupid cut scenes each time and having somebody die as a result of suicide by being thrown off the train by a giant god damned monster. So many things could have made the overall experience good, but they failed in every aspect when you aren't in a level. I don't think that I've ever seen such horrible design and interface wrapped around a game this good before.

That said, I don't really care about the spoiler but...seriously? A week is the statute of limitations for spoilers in your mind?

edit: I take back what I said about being done with the game. I took one more shot at 3-3 before sending it back to gamefly and beat it. I'm back! :lol

Updated and added to the PSN/GT list. My net was still a bit busted last night, so no online for me. I'm loving it, though. Not playing for rank in the first run, just to see the sights and bash some bugs. Man, this game is terrific.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I picked the game up yesterday and played through the first episode. I didn't realize it was so focused on co-op and I'm a bit annoyed with the campaign -- probably because I'm playing alone with three AI:s. The game looks good and all, I just wish they would have made the campaign a bit more single player oriented.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
GraveRobberX - PSN

NYC, Eastern Time Zone

Play 5-8pm/12AM-5AM

Beat the game on Normal, 1 episode from finishing Easy, 2 chapters of episode 1 done on Hard, then onto Extreme

Just add me please, I like playing co-op with good players, i have a mic ^_^

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Gamertag: McBradders
GMT 00:00

Friends list is full though :(

Been getting up early to get some multiplayer in, but this morning went through some campaign with crazy Canadians. Good times. Beforehand I've been waiting for a specific friend to play with, but fuck that, this game is too good to drip feed.

Updated the list, gents. Hopefully some folks can find some GAF rollin' buddies.

My net is still crapping out...lousy speeds making sloppy, laggy connections. I did have one round of multiplayer, which was great...except for my extreme lagging. Can't wait until whatever Yahoo BB are doing to the line finishes and I can return to decent pings again.

Until then, do me proud, folks. Do me proud.

Top Bottom