• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet 2 |OT| Rolling, Grappling, Bugs and Mechs

AgentOtaku said:
Your around Europe yeah?

Will definitely have to do that. I got a coworker who will also be a dedicated player, so we can at least have a team of 3

Send me an invite when you can. My play hours are usually from 8pm - 1130pm, Berlin time
I added you :D

tomedo

Is there crafting and/or loot from big monsters or are new items unlocked just by leveling up CoD style? Im confused since people keep saying this is "like Monster Hunter".

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
tomedo said:
Is there crafting and/or loot from big monsters or are new items unlocked just by leveling up CoD style? Im confused since people keep saying this is "like Monster Hunter".

You can get stuff from drops (boxes) and you can spend your cash on the roulette to get upgrades. Character dress-up stuff comes from both levelling and drops/roulette.

Just finished chapter 3. 3-3 was tough but eventually beat it after an hour :p

So halfway through and still loving this. I definitely prefer it to the first one and didn't think I'd end up saying that.

So I played the Borrachos mission last night (5-2).

Seriously, WTF!

We beat it no problem but the
Category G Akrid desert spider
part posed a problem for me. My buddy used the
laser
(story dependent item) and I was support with the turrets (and frankly I did more work with them because he was having trouble aiming the darned thing). I also KILLED the
Cat G
because he ran out of ammo with the
laser

End of the mission: Me: 6300 points, My Buddy: 20,000 friggin points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF Capcom. Seriously. Pissed me off.

Major Williams said:
So I played the Borrachos mission last night (5-2).

Seriously, WTF!

We beat it no problem but the
Category G Akrid desert spider
part posed a problem for me. My buddy used the
laser
(story dependent item) and I was support with the turrets (and frankly I did more work with them because he was having trouble aiming the darned thing). I also KILLED the
Cat G
because he ran out of ammo with the
laser

End of the mission: Me: 6300 points, My Buddy: 20,000 friggin points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF Capcom. Seriously. Pissed me off.

The laser does hella more damage to whatever it is your fighting than turrets ever could. Even if technically you are doing "more work".

Think about 5-3. One laser blast can take down an entire wing, whereas you'd be there all day trying to take off a wing with turrets (though not impossible). So.

If it bothers you that bad do it again and request the laser. Hell I've already done the chapter 3 different ways (easy, normal, hard), you can it differently each time. I've done 5-3 countless times (it's the box hoarding mission in case GAF wasn't already aware of this)

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Just finished chapter 3. 3-3 was tough but eventually beat it after an hour :p

So halfway through and still loving this. I definitely prefer it to the first one and didn't think I'd end up saying that.

I love the first two games (Extreme Condition and Colonies), and I haven't played Colonies for like a year, and I threw it in for shits and giggles last night. My god. LP2 makes it look like an Xbox 1 game and I'm not even kidding. Even the menus, the structure, the graphics, and espeically the character detail all looks a generation better.

It's amazing what an improvement over the first game this is (and I loved the first game!).

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Haven't been reading through the whole thread, just kind of checking up on it now and again. So this very well may be echoing thoughts that have been run into the ground.

Did anybody else find the final mission to be incredibly underwhelming? That last boss was just so bland compared to any of the other 5 chapters. Probably the most anti-climactic final levels I've played in a long, long time. The NEOS level was cool and something different, then all of a sudden...meh. Way to suck the wind out of the sails.

Archaix said:
Haven't been reading through the whole thread, just kind of checking up on it now and again. So this very well may be echoing thoughts that have been run into the ground.

Did anybody else find the final mission to be incredibly underwhelming? That last boss was just so bland compared to any of the other 5 chapters. Probably the most anti-climactic final levels I've played in a long, long time. The NEOS level was cool and something different, then all of a sudden...meh. Way to suck the wind out of the sails.
Yeah, Chapter 6-4 I found very disappointing, it's a long boring slog through bullet sponges. Chapters 6-1 through 6-3 are very cool, and to go from that to the final level was a bit of a letdown

Archaix said:

I agree. Neos and the lead up was way better.

Last boss is also the easiest dude on the (lost) planet.

I think my game might be bugged. I didn't unlock the Wesker skin when I finished the game which I thought was weird. I just finished hard mode and unlocked extreme mode which seems normal but then I checked my trophies and I haven't received the two for completing the game on normal or hard.

I'm not bothered about trophies at all but the Wesker skin thing is pretty annoying. Are you meant to get anything for finishing hard mode?

Baloonatic said:
I think my game might be bugged. I didn't unlock the Wesker skin when I finished the game which I thought was weird. I just finished hard mode and unlocked extreme mode which seems normal but then I checked my trophies and I haven't received the two for completing the game on normal or hard.

I'm not bothered about trophies at all but the Wesker skin thing is pretty annoying. Are you meant to get anything for finishing hard mode?

Pretty sure you need a Resident Evil 5 save to unlock Wesker. If you do I'm not sure why he wouldn't have unlocked.

randomlyrossy said:
Pretty sure you need a Resident Evil 5 save to unlock Wesker. If you do I'm not sure why he wouldn't have unlocked.

Oh ok then. Still doesn't really explain why the game hasn't acknowledged me finishing it.

Baloonatic said:
Oh ok then. Still doesn't really explain why the game hasn't acknowledged me finishing it.

Oh for that it may be because you haven't done some of the co-op chapters. There's a couple of scenes you only get if you are Player 2 etc. I seem to recall some people in here talking about not getting the achievement/trophy because of that.

randomlyrossy said:
Oh for that it may be because you haven't done some of the co-op chapters. There's a couple of scenes you only get if you are Player 2 etc. I seem to recall some people in here talking about not getting the achievement/trophy because of that.

I won't worry too much about it then. As long as I'm not missing items/skins because of it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Arpharmd B said:
I agree. Neos and the lead up was way better.

Last boss is also the easiest dude on the (lost) planet.

What is it with Capcom and
massive, blob-like
bosses in their games? :lol

The most difficult part of the final boss fight is getting your idiot teammate(s) to
GO UP AND PLANT THE TRACKERS, TRIGGERING THE END OF THE BATTLE.

We had one guy who just stood there shooting and wouldn't do what was needed to end the fight. Another guy had to go find a safe place to stand and send him a message.

taoofjord said:
Can't wait to pick this up in a few weeks! It sounds amazing as long as you can get 3 other friends together to play!

I played through most of the campaign with just one other friend and the CPU filling in for the other character slots. It was perfectly fine. As long as you play with competent players, campaign is great. There are definitely a few spots where having four human players would definitely make things much easier though, no question about it.

It's when you get idiots playing with you that things can get frustrating. You NEED to be able to communicate with each other and you NEED to use teamwork to play in the most effective way possible. So many players don't do either.

My only complaints are on the levels where you can be knocked off a platform and die. The train levels immediately come to mind; sometimes just slightly facing the wrong angle and using a weapon with too much recoil is enough to screw you over.

Sectus

Baloonatic said:
You probably need to complete prologue-b to get the trophy for completing the game. You get the level when playing first chapter as the 2nd or 4th player.

Edit: Apparently I fail at responding in time.

Baloonatic said:
You need to take the secret path through 1-2 and finish the level. The path is
through a cave through the tree right at the beginning of the level

Also, not sure if you know but completion achievements don't stack (i.e., beating on hard will not give you achievements for beating on Normal or Easy)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got to 3.3 today. Now I see why people complain...have to restart the entire section over instead of just the boss :lol

Anyways, I'm absolutely loving the title. It was made for people who loved Lost Planet 1 and no one else :lol

Zozobra

Woah, woah, woah... WOAH. You can combine VSs?! This game keeps getting more and more badass. Is this possible in the co-op or is this a competitive multiplayer thing only?

I just finished Episode 4 last night. That was quite long after Ep. 3 but oh so much fun! Gonna give Ep. 5 a run this evening if any other PS3'ers are interested in teaming up.

Zozobra said:
Woah, woah, woah... WOAH. You can combine VSs?! This game keeps getting more and more badass. Is this possible in the co-op or is this a competitive multiplayer thing only?

I just finished Episode 4 last night. That was quite long after Ep. 3 but oh so much fun! Gonna give Ep. 5 a run this evening if any other PS3'ers are interested in teaming up.
HOW?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Finished 3 - 3 on my first try last night with three other people... all of whom were doing it for the first time too.:lol :lol The boss battle was SO awesome and requires a lot of coordination. I won't lie though, all four of us died once during the battle but we figured this out pretty quickly and had our routines down after a good 10 minutes. We had two guys on top, one manning the turret and the other energizing/loading the shell shots and rotating the cannon, one guy (me) going between the two floors to help with anything random and feed T-ENG to everyone who needed it, and when I was free I joined up with the remaining guy down below manning the cooling stations and the side turrets. Despite dying we all got S rank on that mission.:D Sooooo good!

Oichi said:
Level select I'd like, but drop-in-and-out co-op would be pretty abusable considering the way the game is designed. The Battle Gauge (afaik) doesn't deplete when your AI teammates die but does if your co-op partners die, so if any of you are close to death you can just drop out just before the character dies and then drop back in without penalty. That's with the current system, of course.

I do agree that it'd be better if you were able to see the action going on instead of waiting at the lobby screen though...

So what? Online multiplayer abuse is nothing new. People rage quit SF4 and COD all the time without penalty. If it's for the better of the game, do it. If you really wanted a viable compromise, how about a 2 minute lockout if you are trying to rejoin the same game.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
well guess I tried as much as humanly possible, no matter how awesomely orgasmicly good this game is in co-op, its still a broken piece of shit game alone....stopped at the end of 5-3, could not for the life of me get their datapost to run out the 60sec timer before they got mine.

Whoever PMs me first gets that Map-pack DLC ( or what I assume is a map-pack dlc, its a picture of 2 maps on it soo... )

edit : taken

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kusagari said:
The achievements for this game are horrid. Why the hell do the difficulty ones not stack?
Avoids achievement whores from going into hard, thinking they'll just get all 3 out of the way <3. I love the LP2 achievements due to difficulty and time :lol

Anyways, I'm in love with the game. They really need to just add in a Boss rush mode coop and drop in while playing.

I love the levels were you have to work as a team. 3 is probably my favorite so far. :lol But they still have a few poorly design parts where coop is needed and if your team is sucks...spent about 5 minutes waiting for some idiot on the final level to plant his tracker. Except he never did so I just suicide myself to end it.

My first SP experience this evening with Hypertrooper and another friend

...and it was glorious! :D
A bit linear/dry and controlled at first but by the end of Ep.1, it hits full old school Lost Planet mode :D

AgentOtaku said:
My first SP experience this evening with Hypertrooper and another friend

...and it was glorious! :D
A bit linear/dry and controlled at first but by the end of Ep.1, it hits full old school Lost Planet mode :D
You did a great job! This guy got a S ranking :D We need to play the second chapter tomorrow.

Hypertrooper said:
You did a great job! This guy got a S ranking :D We need to play the second chapter tomorrow.

Not a problem!

Yeah, S ranking wasn't too hard. Let's just say I played the demos quite alot and I'm an LP1 vet :D

Kal

Just want to confirm if this game has offline co-op? Was about to rent it yesterday and I checked the box (XBOX 360) and couldn't see anything.

Kal said:
Just want to confirm if this game has offline co-op? Was about to rent it yesterday and I checked the box (XBOX 360) and couldn't see anything.
It has offline Co-op. Played it with my little bro yesterday. So yeah. You need to change the connection type to offline.

nico

Banned
Is this game worth getting for single player? Don't have/want xbox live. And I haven't played the first lost planet.

nico said:
Is this game worth getting for single player? Don't have/want xbox live. And I haven't played the first lost planet.
I think no. Only if you're a really hardcore LP1 fan, it is worth to buy it for yourself.

@Agent again at 8pm (GMT+1)? One friend will play with us. I hope it's okay.

Hypertrooper said:
I think no. Only if you're a really hardcore LP1 fan, it is worth to buy it for yourself.

@Agent again at 8pm (GMT+1)? One friend will play with us. I hope it's okay.

Yeah yeah, Das ist goot =P

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Is it easier to do the final boss alone or coop? Two groups in a row, with a bunch of fucking idiots. Who some how can't figure out they need to go up to the monster and hit the button to plant GPS. Instead they keep firing away thinking they are doing shit. Why can't I just plant them all and we can be happy!

This game really does separate idiots from people with learning capabilities...or actual intelligence.

Oh if you are going through Coop tonight. Invite me. GT:Shintoki. I have about half done on Normal, half done on Easy, and half done on hard. :lol

shintoki said:
Is it easier to do the final boss alone or coop? Two groups in a row, with a bunch of fucking idiots. Who some how can't figure out they need to go up to the monster and hit the button to plant GPS. Instead they keep firing away thinking they are doing shit. Why can't I just plant them all and we can be happy!

This game really does separate idiots from people with learning capabilities...or actual intelligence.

Oh if you are going through Coop tonight. Invite me. GT:Shintoki. I have about half done on Normal, half done on Easy, and half done on hard. :lol

That's one time where it's easier with AI. Only you have to plant a GPS.

Hellion said:
Has anyone else had issues joining friends in online co-op campaign?

No, though I did find out that when you finish an entire episode, it's best to, well shit wait until your in the next one, otherwise it may not save. It happened to us tonight

So yeah, about 3-3

Honestly I can see where all the contention comes from. I mean, you have a 20 minute or so lead up to it and then, well ...it's initially confusing as shit. I think they could have made it easier with a couple simple fixes, like say Which objective is next constantly being displayed in like the upper left/right hand corner. Also, maybe having your position being displayed on the minimap.
Because yeah, by the time me and 3 other friends kinda figured out what to do, it was already to late and that's bullshit. We were already tired because we had just put like 2 hours into the prior episodes/chapters, so we weren't in the mood to do that again.

It's not that it's hard, it's just unfair and regressive as far as game design is concerned

Still have major love for Lost Planet 2 though

GG again Hyper! :D

AgentOtaku said:
No, though I did find out that when you finish an entire episode, it's best to, well shit wait until your in the next one, otherwise it may not save. It happened to us tonight

So yeah, about 3-3

Honestly I can see where all the contention comes from. I mean, you have a 20 minute or so lead up to it and then, well ...it's initially confusing as shit. I think they could have made it easier with a couple simple fixes, like say Which objective is next constantly being displayed in like the upper left/right hand corner. Also, maybe having your position being displayed on the minimap.
Because yeah, by the time me and 3 other friends kinda figured out what to do, it was already to late and that's bullshit. We were already tired because we had just put like 2 hours into the prior episodes/chapters, so we weren't in the mood to do that again.

It's not that it's hard, it's just unfair and regressive as far as game design is concerned

Still have major love for Lost Planet 2 though

GG again Hyper! :D
It was awesome.

Come on. Guys. This game is so awesome. THERE'RE
SPACE AKRIDS AND CLONES!

Yeah. 3-3 is very complicated and frustating. But we can do it!

Hellion

I spent 1hour trying to join a co-op party campaign and couldn't join. But only when I try to join their game, and vice-versa.

Hellion said:
I spent 1hour trying to join a co-op party campaign and couldn't join. But only when I try to join their game, and vice-versa.

Make sure you guys are at the same point in the campaign (or playing the same point). If they've unlocked a chapter/episode ahead of you, you can't join them if that's what they're playing

Here some codes for the Slot machine:
Famitsu.com Shirt: 88020223
4Gamer.net Shirt: 25060016
Red T-Shirt : 73154986
Xbox 360 shirt.: 94372143
Rosa T-Shirt: 34297758

Hypertrooper said:
Here some codes for the Slot machine:
Famitsu.com Shirt: 88020223
4Gamer.net Shirt: 25060016
Red T-Shirt : 73154986
Xbox 360 shirt.: 94372143
Rosa T-Shirt: 34297758

Yeah about those. I'm actually really pissed off I redeemed those. They are just in game advertising and get in the way of the cool stuff. That kind of stuff really cheapens the experience for me.

I didn't think ahead and now this garbage is unlocked forever :(

Top Bottom