• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet 2 |OT| Rolling, Grappling, Bugs and Mechs

Major Williams said:
Thanks guys, I'll have to see which ones I like best, maybe find pics online before I unlock them.

I knew about the promo items I was wondering if anyone had uncovered anything cool like weapons or random unlockables that you'd earn through the lottery.

My HDD died so I lost 20 hours of LP2. I think the craziest weapon I had before it died was the Akrid launcher. Short range weapon that fired... Akrid. It was creepy. This game reminds me of Phantasy Star Online in so many ways, weapons like this.

Sectus

AgentOtaku said:
Yep

I'm sorry but I can't defend the Slot machine ....I just can't. Capcom fucked that one up pretty badly and I imagine it will only turn people off =(
It's especially awful now as I'm at the end of unlocking everything. I've got ALL the noms and ALL the emotes... and suddenly I'm getting a weapon unlock *every* time now.

And it's really really unique weapons too. A gum grenade which is camoflauged and I can remote detonate and use as remote camera. A rocket launcher which can fire 3 rockets before reloading. A flame grenade. Buster grenade which feels like using a mini nuke. And I finally unlocked the rifle SP which is basically a bolt action rifle.

Why were all these awesome weapons hidden at the very end of the slot machine? They should have made a system where every fifth unlock or something is always a weapon, or at least make it actually random. I don't see the point in hiding all those weapons at the end.

Of course, the best solution would be to add a proper unlock system than the current one, but oh well. I'm glad I finally have these weapons unlocked now. It's even more fun to play when you have so many varied weapons to choose from. Despite re-using models and animations, they've done a great job making most weapons feel very unique.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sectus said:
It's especially awful now as I'm at the end of unlocking everything. I've got ALL the noms and ALL the emotes... and suddenly I'm getting a weapon unlock *every* time now.

And it's really really unique weapons too. A gum grenade which is camoflauged and I can remote detonate and use as remote camera. A rocket launcher which can fire 3 rockets before reloading. A flame grenade. Buster grenade which feels like using a mini nuke. And I finally unlocked the rifle SP which is basically a bolt action rifle.

Why were all these awesome weapons hidden at the very end of the slot machine? They should have made a system where every fifth unlock or something is always a weapon, or at least make it actually random. I don't see the point in hiding all those weapons at the end.

Of course, the best solution would be to add a proper unlock system than the current one, but oh well. I'm glad I finally have these weapons unlocked now. It's even more fun to play when you have so many varied weapons to choose from. Despite re-using models and animations, they've done a great job making most weapons feel very unique.
Those weapons aren't hidden away. I believe they are fraction unlocks. Basically once you unlock all the normal weaponry, emotes, abilities, etc. They allow you to unlock all the fraction unlocks then without leveling up.

Sectus

shintoki said:
Those weapons aren't hidden away. I believe they are fraction unlocks. Basically once you unlock all the normal weaponry, emotes, abilities, etc. They allow you to unlock all the fraction unlocks then without leveling up.
Not according to the guide. The weapons you unlock via faction levelups are different ones.

Tokubetsu

I don't know why I doubted that I would love this. I was so in love with the first and this is basically the same with more EPIC. One thing I have to say, I LOVE LP1/2's mechanical and character designs.

EDIT: So who's still interested in doing co-op with me?

Sectus

I think some people might find this very interesting. The "Kill Big" trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/kill-big-lost-planet/100051

I didn't really pay much attention to it when I watched it before I played the game. But after having played the game... holy yikes it shows a ton of stuff which isn't in the game at all. I took a bunch of screencaps to show the interesting stuff:

lp2-8.jpg

lp2-9.jpg

lp2-10.jpg

lp2-11.jpg

lp2-12.jpg

That's all from the Pirate Fortress map (from multiplayer and training mode), and there's just about every enemy you can imagine on those screens. There's VSs (which I assume are all hostile AIs, since they're always pointing towards the player), akrid, VS-akrid and soldiers (it's hard to tell if any of those soldiers are other players or if they're all AI controlled).

So where is that video from? There's nothing like that in the game. From the looks of it, it looks like a mercenaries-esque mode with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in.

lp2-5.jpg

Another multiplayer map. I forgot the name of it, but you definitely don't ever see akrid there.

lp2-1.jpg

lp2-4.jpg

lp2-3.jpg

lp2-2.jpg

Another multiplayer map, which is Cube. There are multiple variants of this map with different layouts. I can't remember if this layout is only in training mode or in multiplayer too. Anyway, as you can see, just about every akrid is shown here, even one you NEVER encounter in the game right now. That's the huge rolling akrid. I can't remember the name, but you fought him during Lost Planet 1 as the first boss. He was also controllable in the akrid hunt mode in LP: Colonies.

So is this akrid hunt mode being shown? Unlikely, since you can see akrid spawners and tiny flying akrid. Is this a mode similar to mercenaries? I did dig through the executable for the game searching for strings and I noticed several mentions of "Bloody Palace" which kinda stood out, but that could be just leftover code not used for anything.

lp2-6.jpg

lp2-7b.jpg

I think this shows the answer. That is unmistakenly the end of chapter 1-1 in the campaign, and that VS is never available there (on another note, I can't even remember seeing that camouflage for that VS). So this makes me believe they did the same as with some trailers for RE5. Load a map in the game, spawn various enemies/objects, and then record footage for the trailer. While it makes for a fancy trailer, it seems like false advertising to show so much stuff which you never experience in the game... including one significant enemy you never encounter.

Hopefully this kind of stuff will be modded into the game once the PC version is released though.

Sectus said:
I think some people might find this very interesting.

Hmm, that is interesting. Maybe some or all of it will appear down the line as DLC?

On that note, anyone planning on buying the new MP maps at the start of next month?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The fuckers didn't put in Akrid Hunter mode. *Kicks a baby Akrid*. Saving it up for the double dip or DLC. Bullshit.

Japanese show their love for Lost Planet 2!

It's crazy. I never would have imagined back in '07 that it would be these giving the franchise the most love ....and online players the most pain! :lol

01. Lost Planet 2 (PS3) - 85,000 / NEW
02. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (DS) - 62,000 / 1,065,000
03. World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (PS3) - 57,000 / NEW
04. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP) - 34,000 / 672,000
05. Lost Planet 2 (Xbox 360) - 34,000 / NEW
06. World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (PSP) - 21,000 / NEW
07. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi - Fullmetal Alchemist: Yakusoku no Hi e (PSP) - 21,000 / NEW
08. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) - 18,000 / 3,843,000
09. World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (PS2) - 14,000 / NEW
10. Tomodachi Collection (DS) - 14,000 / 3,221,000

Coxswain

Akrid Hunter was fun for like maybe the first two hours you spent playing it. After the novelty wore off it was really pretty shitty, and it didn't help that four out of five matches were one-sided slaughters one way or the other that ended in minutes without giving most players a chance to actually do anything.
The odd match where it worked the way it was supposed to was still kind of fun, but even then it lacked most of what made the other MP modes fun, and it all got kind of soured by the fact that it took four players to down an Akrid and only the guy who got the kill shot actually got credit for it.

I don't really want Akrid Hunt back. Now, an Akrid co-op episode...

Kingpen

Is this game any good for 1p? I was a fan of LP1.... and I already know of the heavy criticism of the co-op centric levels not really designed well for 1p. And maybe the A.I. being retarded.

Just still curious about this game... I wouldn't be playing online multiplayer...

Zozobra

Kingpen said:
Is this game any good for 1p? I was a fan of LP1.... and I already know of the heavy criticism of the co-op centric levels not really designed well for 1p. And maybe the A.I. being retarded.

I think you've pretty much answered your own question. As much as I love this game, I'd say don't even bother if you only plan to play 1-player.

d0c_zaius

THis game just made me want to play colonies again. Im thinking of buying it back...

Good:
-great approach to putting personality in the MP (names, skins and emotes)
-amazing engine
-refined weapon mechanics and types

Bad
-The slot machine is such a bad idea and detrimental to the games longevity
-bosses feel generic and the battles are boring
-dont like any of the mp maps at all
-playing MP levels in campaign is lame
-NO AKRID MODEEEEEEEEE
-the chapter 5 voice overs hurt my brain
-mapping melee and post taking to the same button wtf

Jumped back into the campaign last night for a bit of bug-hunting, and finally got up to 3-3. You know, I'm really enjoying that boss! It's hard work, and I'm not relying on the AI for anything really. Those stooges complaining of cheap deaths and it being unfair must be playing like it's Call of Duty. I'm far from any sort of super-skilled player, but leaping around that train gun, jamming on the coolant, using all the different turrets...I got up to the final section where it said "One more hit" and just as I was swinging the cannon to the rear of the train - the akrid ate the train, but on a first go - damn proud!

Love this game.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
d0c_zaius said:
THis game just made me want to play colonies again. Im thinking of buying it back...

Good:
-great approach to putting personality in the MP (names, skins and emotes)
-amazing engine
-refined weapon mechanics and types

Bad
-The slot machine is such a bad idea and detrimental to the games longevity
-bosses feel generic and the battles are boring
-dont like any of the mp maps at all
-playing MP levels in campaign is lame
-NO AKRID MODEEEEEEEEE
-the chapter 5 voice overs hurt my brain
-mapping melee and post taking to the same button wtf

Wait, what? Chapter 3 & 5 boss battles were sweet.

robot

Pylon_Trooper said:
Jumped back into the campaign last night for a bit of bug-hunting, and finally got up to 3-3. You know, I'm really enjoying that boss! It's hard work, and I'm not relying on the AI for anything really. Those stooges complaining of cheap deaths and it being unfair must be playing like it's Call of Duty. I'm far from any sort of super-skilled player, but leaping around that train gun, jamming on the coolant, using all the different turrets...I got up to the final section where it said "One more hit" and just as I was swinging the cannon to the rear of the train - the akrid ate the train, but on a first go - damn proud!

Love this game.

Yea I thought that boss was pretty awesome in multiplayer but it was honestly a solid example of bad game design (and why I bet a lot of bad reviews popped up).

Giving almost no direction on how to operate the gun, what the meters represent, maintaining the trains damage level, why I should energize bullets and what the hell the diagram is on the left side of the screen is. It's just too much you need to figure out for yourself while fighting a 500 foot worm. Add that to the fact that your penalty for running out of Battle Gauge is a 30 minute trek through the 2 previous levels. We had to redo plenty of missions which is fine, but it was because we fucked up. The lack of explanation for that fight was Capcoms fuck up.

Once our group looked it up on Youtube we beat it with no problems. I'm all for figuring shit out but they could've easily explained it with a simple static screen.

But despite that and a few other odd decisions (like the roulette bullshit), I love the game. There have been so many classic moments in story mode with the 2 other guys I'm playing, I can't even count. It's easily become one of the best co-op experiences I've played. I'd rank it up there with PSO, but would've loved to see some loot in the game.

robot said:
Yea I thought that boss was pretty awesome in multiplayer but it was honestly a solid example of bad game design (and why I bet a lot of bad reviews popped up).

Giving almost no direction on how to operate the gun, what the meters represent, maintaining the trains damage level, why I should energize bullets and what the hell the diagram is on the left side of the screen is. It's just too much you need to figure out for yourself while fighting a 500 foot worm. Add that to the fact that your penalty for running out of Battle Gauge is a 30 minute trek through the 2 previous levels. We had to redo plenty of missions which is fine, but it was because we fucked up. The lack of explanation for that fight was Capcoms fuck up.

Once our group looked it up on Youtube we beat it with no problems. I'm all for figuring shit out but they could've easily explained it with a simple static screen.

But despite that and a few other odd decisions (like the roulette bullshit), I love the game. There have been so many classic moments in story mode with the 2 other guys I'm playing, I can't even count. It's easily become one of the best co-op experiences I've played. I'd rank it up there with PSO, but would've loved to see some loot in the game.

Some great points. I must admit, when I got up to the rail-gun, I was lost for a little while. I pieced together what I had to do after jumping around and checking out the different components and checking it with the diagram. It all made sense after I figured out the order of things. But damn, it was a great fight, and even the dreaded solo is providing some amazing experiences. I'm not comparing it to anything else, so it's doing well standing on its own as a series of non-related yet sequential events. The kooky narrative that is anything but...it's techno-Monster Hunter with barn-sized weapons. Good fun.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Personally, I think you just stated why gamers are idiots now then actual flaws. LP2 expects me to figure out what to do. It doesn't hold your hand and take you through the motions. You have to figure them out for yourself. Hell, The voice com mentions about using the cooling system to restore energy, follow by using the crane to load(Or manual load), follow by energizing the shell so it shoots faster, etc.

Now I agree, stuff liking having to clear the entire train section again is kind of rough. If they simply separated it into 3-3 and 3-4(Boss battle). I doubt there would be a problem.

Vilix said:
Wait, what? Chapter 3 & 5 boss battles were sweet.
WAIT! Boss Battle 5 was stupid. This stupid guns at the bottom killed us all the time. Or do you mean the
Queen Spider
?

But i cant agree with the argument that the boss are generic.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Been a good 2 weeks, but I think I'm retiring the game early. Beat all the campaign on every mode. Unlocked everything. But I'm just not feeling the Competitive play this time. Outside of Cube, Not really enjoying the newer levels.

They really needed Akrid Hunter and some other new Coop mode...like to really play around with the shit in the game. So much shit, but they never give you enough time to play around with it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So can some of you PS3 fellas add me to their friend's list

PSN: GraveRobberX

I'm a real smart player, who knows most of the tricks, I have beaten the game on Easy, Normal, Hard

Expert I have all of Chapter 2 done, and 1-2, 1-3 so far

Quick question, does this game use separate servers for each region? I'm thinking of picking up a Japanese copy if it means I'll have more people to play online with.

Dahbomb

Got this game a while back and been playing it non-stop with some buddies on mine. Game is fucking great despite some rough edges that are easily looked over when you are in a co-op style environment. I will say that I had a blast with RE5 as well because of the co-op environment but I am having more fun with LP2 because it's 4 players not 2.

I don't get what the reviewers were smoking with this one. Seriously this might be the Godhand of this generation for me.

LethaL ImpuLse said:
Quick question, does this game use separate servers for each region? I'm thinking of picking up a Japanese copy if it means I'll have more people to play online with.

Global servers, no need to worry.

Not one but two fucking nights in a row I've been disconnected from Live ....right at the fucking end of Episode 6!!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Only thing I've done recently is switched my router encryption to WPA2, so I don't know why now I'm getting XBL disconnects like every hour or so.

But yeah, I haven't been able to finish the campaign proper because of this and now it looks like I'm forced to finish this shit in single player.

Honestly Capcom, I'm not saying I don't have problems on my end, but your game could be a little more fucking accomidating by not having to do a chapter that is 40 minutes or longer with no checkpoints/reloads

....man, I'm so furious right now

AgentOtaku said:
Not one but two fucking nights in a row I've been disconnected from Live ....right at the fucking end of Episode 6!!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Only thing I've done recently is switched my router encryption to WPA2, so I don't know why now I'm getting XBL disconnects like every hour or so.

But yeah, I haven't been able to finish the campaign proper because of this and now it looks like I'm forced to finish this shit in single player.

Honestly Capcom, I'm not saying I don't have problems on my end, but your game could be a little more fucking accomidating by not having to do a chapter that is 40 minutes or longer with no checkpoints/reloads

....man, I'm so furious right now
Yeah. Terrible. First we died, and then the complete chapter again. Come on. Then the problem with XBL. Damn. But i finished the campaign and this is a major problem for Lost Planet 2.

Am I understanding this correctly?

1.) Do you not unlock credits for the slot machine in competitive multiplayer?

2.) Do credits and points not save if you just complete a mission but not play to the end of a chapter? For example you play mission 2 of chapter 3 and then stop.

3.) Do credits and points not save if your battle gauge hits zero? Was it all for nothing?

Sectus

a Master Ninja said:
Am I understanding this correctly?

1.) Do you not unlock credits for the slot machine in competitive multiplayer?

2.) Do credits and points not save if you just complete a mission but not play to the end of a chapter? For example you play mission 2 of chapter 3 and then stop.

3.) Do credits and points not save if your battle gauge hits zero? Was it all for nothing?
1) Yup

2) Yuppers

3) Yuppieyup

On the bright side, if you dedicate yourself to complete the campaign on every difficulty (which I had fun doing with friends), then career points and credits won't matter too much. I maxed out my amount of credits before completing extreme mode, and I maxed out one faction to lvl99 (don't think I'll bother with the rest).

orion434

Started the 5-3 trick with a friend with charging the gun, basically the host of the game uses the T-eng transfer to pump 2,500 into a fully charged Cannon blast so that your friend can get 30K EXP in about 10 mins. This is what we've been doing:

1. Activate Battle Post right in front of both players.
2. Both charge to 6,000 Energy
3. Friend ( non host ) boards the Cannon
4. Friend charges the Cannon to "ready to fire"
5. Host shoots 2,500 Energy into Cannon
6. Level 3 Beam to roast 3/4 wings and Cannon in 1-shot.
7. Repeat steps 4 - 6 two more times to take down all helicopters and 2nd Cannon.

***Note - When you shoot 1000 in at first you won't hear anything, but when you shoot another 1000 you'll hear a charge, then again when you shoot the last 500.

With "Superstar" ability equiped the person in the Cannon will get ~ 30K EXP and the host will get ~ 4K so if you alternate between 2 people ( more would mean rotation between 3 or 4 and less EXP overall ) and you can get ~ 17K a run or 100K an hour :D

rayner said:
Started the 5-3 trick with a friend with charging the gun, basically the host of the game uses the T-eng transfer to pump 2,500 into a fully charged Cannon blast so that your friend can get 30K EXP in about 10 mins. This is what we've been doing:

5. Friend shoots 2,500 Energy into Cannon
7. Repeat steps 4 - 6 two more times to take down all helicopters and 2nd Cannon.

With "Superstar" ability equiped the person in the Cannon will get ~ 30K EXP and the host will get ~ 4K so if you alternate between 2 people ( more would mean rotation between 3 or 4 and less EXP overall ) and you can get ~ 17K a run or 100K an hour :D

That's awesome! See, stuff like this is what a lot of the reviews didn't really touch on...the mechanics and techniques that run below the surface.

Defuser

I found out if you leave that chopper alone in 3-3,it will be there in the final 3-3 part to use and it's really useful in taking out the 'eyes' of that Cat G akrid.

I gotta say, I pick up the game and I wasn't disappointed despite bad reviews from the sites. LP2 really got the mech war mechanics down.

What LP3 needs to improve:
- Remove the slot system,it's annoying to get a Noms /emotes most of the time and there's like a shitload of them.
- More monsters...bigass monsters or more mech enemies.
- More longer fluid levels,never like those bite size levels.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
rayner said:

5. Host shoots 2,500 Energy into Cannon

***Note - When you shoot 1000 in at first you won't hear anything, but when you shoot another 1000 you'll hear a charge, then again when you shoot the last 500.

Actually you should be doing 5-2. On Hard and Extreme, The gunner will max out on points for the round(20k), and end up getting around 65k Career points. Even on Easy, you still get about 35k.

2nd, the Cannon actually needs only 1200 TEng for each level of the charge shot. Make sure to do it too in 5-2. You get points for the medals and a full charge shot is one of them.

3rd, 5-2 is also better for grinding out mobs. One person can get an easy 50kill streak by killing all those lil ones at the start of area 2. Most other people in the game(As long as they have Superstar) should end up with 12-15k. I sometimes even get 30k+ and I'm not even on the gun for the Spider.

Also about 5-3, the boxes never stop falling at the end. So if you want to quickly unlock everything. Play that. You will get an easy 20k+ in credits every time. And just let the blast kill you(as long as you B gauge can handle it)

But as you said, make sure the person on the Cannon is never the host. It's a waste then. He'll always max out at like 10k. >_>

orion434

shintoki said:
Actually you should be doing 5-2. On Hard and Extreme, The gunner will max out on points for the round(20k), and end up getting around 65k Career points. Even on Easy, you still get about 35k.

2nd, the Cannon actually needs only 1200 TEng for each level of the charge shot. Make sure to do it too in 5-2. You get points for the medals and a full charge shot is one of them.

3rd, 5-2 is also better for grinding out mobs. One person can get an easy 50kill streak by killing all those lil ones at the start of area 2. Most other people in the game(As long as they have Superstar) should end up with 12-15k. I sometimes even get 30k+ and I'm not even on the gun for the Spider.

Also about 5-3, the boxes never stop falling at the end. So if you want to quickly unlock everything. Play that. You will get an easy 20k+ in credits every time. And just let the blast kill you(as long as you B gauge can handle it)

But as you said, make sure the person on the Cannon is never the host. It's a waste then. He'll always max out at like 10k. >_>

We're gonna try the 5-2 method and see if we'd get more EXP per hour... it doesn't start straight into the boss if I remember. The boxes at the end of 5-3 drop on the 7's every 20 seconds for a total of 5 drops ( 7, 27, 47, 1:07, 1:27 ) I maxed out the Slot machine last night, we figured that we'd want to take out as many birds with 1-stone and 5-3 is better for boxes :D

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but... how do you change your campaign/co-op character?

I've seen people using different skins for co-op, but I can't find a way to change it.

orion434

Metalmurphy said:
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but... how do you change your campaign/co-op character?

I've seen people using different skins for co-op, but I can't find a way to change it.

Once you complete the game you can go into "My Page" and select your custom character to play in the Campaign.

Lucentto

Banned
I'm probably going to stop playing this also. After playing the MP for a while and somehow enjoying myself I have now realized its complete ass. I don't know what the fuck Capcom was thinking changing the hit stun on the machine gun. Every bullet stuns, coupled with lag its god awful. I can't tell you how many times I got hit out of a roll, majority of the times I can't even move, I just sit there twitching and die. Grenade spam is even more prominent than the first, I played on Cube and the other team had buster grenades. I'm pretty sure you can guess what happend, shit was flying everywhere. More than half of the maps are terrible, the only maps I kind of like playing on is Friction, Pirate Fortress, and Cube. I hate all others. The Campaign co-op is really good though, I already beat all diffulculty levels, so i'm pretty bored of it. I'm just going to wait, I know Capcom will milk the shit out of this game with DLC, i'll see what they bring out.

Dibbz

Where can I get the Killzone 2 characters from? Are they out yet? I checked the PS Store but there are only map packs there.

dorkimoe

cjelly said:
Wait.. WHAT?!

That was probably the best online mode in Colonies. :(

I hated that mode. I never could get any credit. I dont see how people liked that, it wasnt even multiplayer to me

God... this game has the most retarded checkpoint system EVER...

I mean, it's so bad that I'm baffled why this hasn't been patched yet...

Metalmurphy said:
God... this game has the most retarded checkpoint system EVER...

I mean, it's so bad that I'm baffled why this hasn't been patched yet...

If you listen to THIS Avault podcast, you can hear a discussion with Shawn Baxter, the community manager for Lost Planet 2, and he addresses or explains certain design issues and choices within the game. A good listen.

In regards to your views, yeah it's a complaint, but the co-op quest-centric nature of the game seems to emphasis and echo the whole Monster Hunter/Raid mission idea, but doesn't hold your hand or make it easy for you. It's like an action-RPG MMO of sorts.

Pylon_Trooper said:
If you listen to THIS Avault podcast, you can hear a discussion with Shawn Baxter, the community manager for Lost Planet 2, and he addresses or explains certain design issues and choices within the game. A good listen.

In regards to your views, yeah it's a complaint, but the co-op quest-centric nature of the game seems to emphasis and echo the whole Monster Hunter/Raid mission idea, but doesn't hold your hand or make it easy for you. It's like an action-RPG MMO of sorts.

Funny you bring up Monster Hunter, since some Monsters there you fight 2 or 3 times, but if you die on the third time you won't have to do everything from the start >.<

Here's my experience with Lost Planet 2.

Create match.
Wait 2 minutes.
Someone join.
Wait 2 minutes.
He leaves.
Wait 5 minutes.
4 people join.
Play for 5 minutes.
Mission failed.
Someone leaves.
Wait 1 minute.
Someone joins.
Endure cut scenes I've already watched 20 times but someone isn't skipping.
Play for 20 minutes, reach final stage.
Mission failed.
3 people leave.
Repeat from the beginning.

Bloody hell...

A simply retry from current checkpoint would make this game 10000 times better

Coxswain

I don't think I would enjoy the game much in co-op without the Battle Gauge forcing a Game Over on the entire chapter. Then it just becomes like Halo or Gears co-op, where winning is an inevitability no matter how well or how poorly you play the game. A minimum standard on team performance is really what makes Lost Planet 2 and Monster Hunter co-op good, in my opinion.

Top Bottom