• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lots of new US boxarts [Nov 4]

u_neek

280937b.jpg
281052b.jpg
281130b.jpg
281163b.jpg
281057b.jpg
281101b.jpg
281006b.jpg
281000b.jpg
281082b.jpg

281125b.jpg
281099b.jpg
281061b.jpg
220459b.jpg
220435b.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
281130b.jpg

Wasn't this the crap airboarding game shown in GDC in March? I thought it was just a tech demo. I think even a SCEE exec said in Edge that controlling games like this - trying to match an overall flow of the game - is shit, and that only dedicated games like the Play series work ok. Oh crap...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm not one to really complain about boxarts but the FUCK is going on in that Scaler box? It makes me want to strangle the blue little beast.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
has there been any coverage of what spy vs spy is? i'm a diehard fan of the old school spy vs spy game, a remake would rock :p

Chittagong

Gold Member
Wario64 said:
I thought Antigrav was good at E3? Plus, HARMONIX
Didn't get to play it in E3, just saw the video in GDC. Sure, not enough to pass a judgment on. Still, I remember that in GDC I thought that "cool, that's a novel way to control the game" and was very excited about the idea of peeking around the corner in a FPS. Then, with the press came the reality - apparently all that is very dull. I couldn't be really bothered out, with GTA: SA, Flatout, PtG and Halo 2 to play, and PSP + DS coming in. Just f it.

TheDiave

Banned
220468b.jpg

Ick... Too much wasted space!

220435b.jpg

Love it!

281052b.jpg

If only it had some sort of ominous background like a castle or a foe... And the title... Link's gonna sue somebody!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Society said:
090033b.jpg

Sega needs to port this to NDS or PSP.

Except that it's probably not much fun in offline or local multiplayer mode, it really requires a global network of players, only possible with an universal concept like GPRS / Arena. Playing that way is not feasible with WLAN - just think of sitting in a train and having to change the access point all the time. Starbucks code! Train code! Company code!

Kon Tiki

Banned
Chittagong said:
Except that it's probably not much fun in offline or local multiplayer mode, it really requires a global network of players, only possible with an universal concept like GPRS / Arena. Playing that way is not feasible with WLAN - just think of sitting in a train and having to change the access point all the time. Starbucks code! Train code! Company code!

Well is there an Ngage emu that supports net play? No way am I buying that brick.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Society said:
Well is there an Ngage emu that supports net play? No way am I buying that brick.
Shouldn't be too hard to do, it's a pretty simple OS after all. But what's the benefit, able to play a mobile game made for a small screen now on a PC? If it's fun - haven't played anything past alpha I don't know how it ended up to be - it's probably fun and addictive only on the go in your pocket, not home on the big screen...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Chittagong said:
281130b.jpg

Wasn't this the crap airboarding game shown in GDC in March? I thought it was just a tech demo. I think even a SCEE exec said in Edge that controlling games like this - trying to match an overall flow of the game - is shit, and that only dedicated games like the Play series work ok. Oh crap...
I have no idea about the SCEE exec comment, but I tried a demo at a store just yesterday (I assume it was the winter/fall Jampack) and in the few minutes I tried it, the concept was working quite well. Once I got used to the sensitivity, I think it was actually possible to pull off certain kinds of movement more precisely than I could with a gamepad.

Other impressions from game press have been favorable. Not to mention, Police 911 (1 & 2) from Konami predate this and they worked brilliantly in arcades.

I'm really looking forward to Antigrav, and the time with the demo didn't expose any major issues along the lines of what you suggest. It works, just like touchscreens for gaming ;)

Soul4ger

TheGreenGiant said:
Mine. Mine. Isn't the PS2 VJ2 launching at the same time?

If current release dates are to be believed, Nintendo is going to have a two-week jump on Viewtiful Joe 2.

Agent X

Chittagong said:
Didn't get to play it in E3, just saw the video in GDC. Sure, not enough to pass a judgment on. Still, I remember that in GDC I thought that "cool, that's a novel way to control the game" and was very excited about the idea of peeking around the corner in a FPS. Then, with the press came the reality - apparently all that is very dull. I couldn't be really bothered out, with GTA: SA, Flatout, PtG and Halo 2 to play, and PSP + DS coming in. Just f it.

It's made by Harmonix. Have faith!

Wario64 said:
I thought Antigrav was good at E3? Plus, HARMONIX

Harmonix needs to stop this shit and make a sequel to Amplitude. And this time use more techno tracks like in Frequency (Frequency >>>> Amplitude thanks to the music).

aku:jiki

281052b.jpg

What the... This is the first time (in a long time) that I've seen a localization not only fuck up the general cover, but even the logo. What's wrong with them? The japanese logo, with the brilliantly designed 3, is awesome. It screamed "look at me!" while this one shouts "I'm boring!" at the top of its lungs. So stupid. :(

281130b.jpg

When's this coming out? Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Jumpman Jr. said:
I have to admit, I like the boxart for Sammy's Darkwatch.

Have no idea how it plays, though.
FPS w/ 3rd person horse back riding portions. Looks gorgeous.

BTW, most of those boxarts are old (already posted) but oh well. Some people will prolly find'em new though (missed the horde of other threads).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
aku:jiki said:
281052b.jpg

What the... This is the first time (in a long time) that I've seen a localization not only fuck up the general cover, but even the logo. What's wrong with them? The japanese logo, with the brilliantly designed 3, is awesome. It screamed "look at me!" while this one shouts "I'm boring!" at the top of its lungs. So stupid. :(

But the subtitle sucks. Dant'e Awakening! Zelda ripoff lol

It is a pretty good cover though.

Jonnyram

Karaoke Revolution vol.3 looks quite similar to Sega's Feel The Magic sleeve for DS...
Mario Power Tennis logo is terrible, but the background looks ok.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
WTF, 3do goes out of business and we're still subjected to Army Men games? Will it ever end?

MOST of these look to be temporary boxarts but what the hell. Thought it might be interesting to get GAF reactions :D

210583b.jpg
210670b.jpg
210666b.jpg

246335.jpg
245148.jpg

180007b.jpg
180002b.jpg
180005b.jpg

180013b.jpg
t000084b.jpg
t000078b.jpg

t000077b.jpg
t000081b.jpg
t000071b.jpg

t000072b.jpg

Wouldn't it be something if these DS boxarts were, in fact, real and final? :lol

Fifty

I like the Sammy Studios logo. It's bright green so that there's no way we'll forget that the game is made by Sammy, and in turn, a pile of shit.

Top Bottom