• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
The whole album surprised me so much. There was some legitimate good shit on there.

I'm glad I don't use youtube to listen to them. Have the album ripped to my harddrive.

Now I'm gonna have to have these bookmarked on youtube. Gotta see where I can find this album at myself now. I didn't really pay attention to these instrumentals in the show since I never here them used much.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I want one of the Nozomis that says "lucky"

Was watching a video and it was hella good

Hugstable

Banned
oh god my Maki UR says "imi wakkanai" during songs
RpyZQLW.png

and chotto~ on the bond bonus screen

I want one of the Nozomis that says "lucky"

Was watching a video and it was hella good

As long as I have my Umi saying " Usagi Yo Yo "(that last part is very wrong I know that :p) I'll be happy. That and Rin's Anata no kaga nyaaa ( I think I got that wrong too -_-)

tafer

Holy shit, this new daily songs are awesome. Not only I managed to complete the 50 gems for another 11 pull but they are also pretty fun on the hard level.

Oh yeah, wish me luck....

Jintor

i am cringing hardcore at this irl μ's video because I think I just straight up hate Japanese tv

anyway I kinda like the challenge of this daily song but it's still not a great song

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Holy shit, this new daily songs are awesome. Not only I managed to complete the 50 gems for another 11 pull but they are also pretty fun on the hard level.

Oh yeah, wish me luck....

Didn't report back. Must've had despair ;_;7

Mokoi

Banned
Well, just started playing this tonight. Anything I should know?

I'll just leave you with this before I go to bed. First off Nun is Love Nun is Life ask for a explanation from another member if ya wish to know. Second the tutorial does a pretty decent job at explaining things. However, just know that you start off with about 15lp to begin playing I believe. Songs cost lp to play them, and it recharges every 5 minutes I think.

It's a great way to play so you don't burn yourself out at least for me it is. You need go through the story to unlock new songs, and then after a certain part you need to rank up to unlock more of the story and songs. Playing songs gets you exp to rank up. Too unlock the hard mode on songs you first have to play on easy then move to normal until hard unlocks. Easy gets boring real fast so you want to be playing on hard asap. That's all I can think of right now. Have fun

Edit: Nozomi is best

I picked Eli, but Maki seems pretty cool too.

During special practice, it gives me the option of feeding an idolized member into their non-idolized form. (Why) would I want to do this?

You would never want to do this but the game allows you to do it. Generally, you want to idolize a member, max it's bond (by playing with it in your idol group when you play songs) and you will unlock their side story for gold/love gems(loveca).

If you want to prevent the option to feed your idolized version to your normal (you can do it accidentally if you're not paying attention) favorite that card and you will be unable to use it as food for other idols.

This is important, save your loveca for the 10+1 pull (50 gems). During certain periods you are guaranteed to get one or more SR or better from this pull.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We're more than happy to help.

BTW don't listen to those fools, Nico is #1.
iKt5tYQGbr1Zu.gif

Caerith

You would never want to do this but the game allows you to do it. Generally, you want to idolize a member, max it's bond (by playing with it in your idol group when you play songs) and you will unlock their side story for gold/love gems(loveca).

If you want to prevent the option to feed your idolized version to your normal (you can do it accidentally if you're not paying attention) favorite that card and you will be unable to use it as food for other idols.

This is important, save your loveca for the 10+1 pull (50 gems). During certain periods you are guaranteed to get one or more SR or better from this pull.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We're more than happy to help.

BTW don't listen to those fools, Nico is #1.
iKt5tYQGbr1Zu.gif
Ah, thanks. So when I have, like, four extra copies of a girl, I should just feed her into something else to gain bond for them? Like, there's no other use?

chrono01

So jealous of those UR's. I have 49 Loveca now, and should get another two or so after I max my bond with a couple more, but I kind of want to save them for the upcoming event for LP refreshes. A 10 or so buffer would be nice, considering you earn a decent number during the event by default [as you progress along].

I will try to remain strong...

Jintor

feeding gives xp, not bond. generally you should have enough R/SR/UR cards that you won't be fixing for xp sinks for a while, especially after your first 50 loveca draw. there is basically no use for duplicates below R level besides xp fodder.

However, don't forget to keep some idolised Ns on hand so you can max bond them for the extra loveca eventually

chrono01

Ah, thanks. So when I have, like, four extra copies of a girl, I should just feed her into something else to gain bond for them? Like, there's no other use?
For Normal cards you can use them as food/fodder for other ones, after you have one idolized/fully bonded.

For Rare/SR/UR however [after you Special practice one of your "extra" into evolving them into their "idolized" state], they can be used to increase the card's skill, if they share the same name. I've read that the skill-up is 100% guaranteed if the card you're fusing is at the same skill level as your target one. For example, if you have a Rare Umi card at Level 2 skill, and two extra Umi cards of the same skill, fuse those two cards together first [to make a Rare Umi card at Level 2 skill] and then fuse that into your target Normal Umi card to increase its skill to Level 3.

Feeding normals gives experience. There are two ways of improving idols in the game.

Experience: As an idol gains experience from being fed other cards, its stats improve to give you more points while you play a song and sometimes give you more HP so if you miss notes during a song you have a bigger buffer.

Bond: Bond is gained when you complete a song with your idols. The one in the leader's spot gets the most bond points but if their bond is maxed it is spread to the others in your group. Bond is only good for unlocking the side-story which gives you gold and loveca as previously stated.

To answer your question, if you have duplicates of the same card, there is no real reason to keep them if you have already idolized that card. Feed them to others for experience (via normal training) or you can sell them for gold from the "Leave Group" option.

Katoki

Just got through S1 Ep 10. Maki brought me here from a right-click "Search Google for this Image" but I stay for more Nozomi and Eli.

Khorosho~

Now, how do you go about leveling up the skills? How it says Lv:1 (Max: 8)?

PewPewK

Now, how do you go about leveling up the skills? How it says Lv:1 (Max: 8)?

It's difficult. Like really. Here's what the wiki says...

Question: How do I level up character skills?
Answer: The details are still not fully understood, but one method seems to be guaranteed: If a character converted into experience points has the same skill AND skill level as the character being trained in regular lessons, the skill level of the character in training will level up by one level. The skill MUST be the same and MUST be the same skill level. If the character being converted into experience points has a skill of a lower level, there is a chance that the skill level of the character being trained will not increase.

PewPewK

Wow. It's like the other game I'm playing but worse. Guess I'll stick to oogling over pretty cards then.

It's not a big deal. From what I've heard, the increases are miniscule at best and only important if you were absolutely trying to maximize the performance of your team. Only reason it'd probably apply to you is if you were going for the high score on event songs (especially in the Japanese version where your competition would be incredibly stiff).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Going from level two to three it may be worth fusing your spares first for the 100% guarantee but after that you may as well play the RNG game and hope you get a skill up with level one skill rares because otherwise you'll need a ridiculous amount of spares to get to the max skill level.

Everyone, bask in the glory of Nozomi!
bew2iTF.gif

Her usual hairstyle suits her because it compliments her playful nature, but this just makes her look divine. Allegiance to Team Nozomi further vindicated.

Wow. It's like the other game I'm playing but worse. Guess I'll stick to oogling over pretty cards then.
With Rs it's not too bad as a lot of skills are common between them. When you start trying to do it with SRs/URs it becomes a freakin' nightmare.

The instrumentals for most of the tracks are really good. Especially if you listen to the notes of school idol days ost. Some hidden gems on there. Like this song. Reminds me of Eureka sevens and Ao ost

I think the anime has a surprising great background soundtrack. Lots of good melodies on it.

TENKYU NO LOVU LIVU

*cheery trumpet sound*

I need to reapeat how much I love this song when they turn it into a musical at the start of season 2. It's one of my favourite scenes of the whole anime.
And even if they use lots of zoom shots so they don't need to animate the whole body, it still looks better animated than 99% of the songs only becuase they don't use 3D models and looks so dynamic.

Hachitora

After watching the entire Love Live anime again with my friend to introduce him to the show, I can definitely say that I may be swayed slightly towards Team Nozomi. And Yukiho is best imouto

hmmm overall i found season 2 a bit underwhelming. Like for the most part it was just 'fillers' and the whole love live thing was... pretty much nothing. Was expecting more 'enemy factions' more drama, conflict... something.

And for such a successful IP, the CG dancing is still terrible versus most other modern shows... but that could be crunchyroll? dont know.

Mokoi

Banned
After watching the entire Love Live anime again with my friend to introduce him to the show, I can definitely say that I may be swayed slightly towards Team Nozomi. And Yukiho is best imouto

So you do see the light.

Out of everyone the only one I didn't like was Nozomi. >_>

um wat

hmmm overall i found season 2 a bit underwhelming. Like for the most part it was just 'fillers' and the whole love live thing was... pretty much nothing. Was expecting more 'enemy factions' more drama, conflict... something.

And for such a successful IP, the CG dancing is still terrible versus most other modern shows... but that could be crunchyroll? dont know.

The CG is shit no matter where you watch it.

tafer

Didn't report back. Must've had despair ;_;7

Actually it went way better than expected. 2 SR Smile (Honoka and Nico), with them I not longer have SR-less teams! (2 Smiles, 3 pure and 2 cool)

Still no UR though, but that will change eventually!

Hugstable

Banned
Actually it went way better than expected. 2 SR Smile (Honoka and Nico), with them I not longer have SR-less teams! (2 Smiles, 3 pure and 2 cool)

Still no UR though, but that will change eventually!

You and me both brother. Someday the UR's will flow our way!

Yay, finally FC'd the daily song.
And I realized daily songs must be cleared 150 times for the SSS rank. With a maximum of 9 clears a day (and you can't even play it every day), this is going to take a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom