• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewPewK

all you lucky people with SRs

Haha, the SRs are inevitable if you play the game a lot. It's people with URs to envy. I have 2 idolized SRs, 10 non-idolized SRs, and 1 UR. 5 of the SRs are event SRs that I've gotten just by participating in the events. The rest mostly come from 10+1 pulls after the events are over and guaranteed SR pulls begin.

Aww, I figure you must have gotten one by now, especially with that new special draw. lol
What special draw? I play the EN version.

I haven't gone that long, but I have been playing since the EN version was released and no UR yet.

I will be getting that free Honoka UR with my Love Live S1 Blu-ray Set, but that doesn't really count. ~_~
Yeah I only play EN too. Only said 8 months because someone else did.

Yaari

Can everyone that added me recently delete me and add me on my new ID; 300129073.
I started over, hopefully my new leader is more useful to people aswell.

I also really hope that there will be some stability updates in the future. The amount of unexpected app crashes I've had so far is ridiculous. Must be the most unstable game I've played so far.

Vylash

jKHGJjzILDCeL.png

okay here's my new id, i'd appreciate it if everyone could add me again, just delete my english account

Crescent-

Can everyone that added me recently delete me and add me on my new ID; 300129073.
I started over, hopefully my new leader is more useful to people aswell.

I also really hope that there will be some stability updates in the future. The amount of unexpected app crashes I've had so far is ridiculous. Must be the most unstable game I've played so far.

jKHGJjzILDCeL.png

okay here's my new id, i'd appreciate it if everyone could add me again, just delete my english account

Re-added both of you. Also Vylash you could always play both versions if you have the time, so I won't delete your EN account yet just in case.

Btw does anyone know the best settings to play this game? I usually have my power saving mode turned on. Tried to turn it off just now and the game seems more laggy (a couple of random goods on Otomeshiki Renai Juku), which is weird since shouldn't the phone be able to pull more power to support the game?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Got 3 friend slots open if anyone wants to add me. 343412777

Usually have a random SR up, but I use my UR Nico for smile events.

Vylash

Re-added both of you. Also Vylash you could always play both versions if you have the time, so I won't delete your EN account yet just in case.

Btw does anyone know the best settings to play this game? I usually have my power saving mode turned on. Tried to turn it off just now and the game seems more laggy (a couple of random goods on Otomeshiki Renai Juku), which is weird since shouldn't the phone be able to pull more power to support the game?

Yeah, I just didn't want people wasting 2 slots on me

Hugstable

Banned
I must be the only ENG only player left T_T. I ended up getting SR's and event cards on EN already anyway so I've always just stuck to this version.

m0t0k1

I must be the only ENG only player left T_T. I ended up getting SR's and event cards on EN already anyway so I've always just stuck to this version.

I am just waiting for a kotori/maki/eli event to play for a bit :p but i have been playing the Japanese game way before the English one. Because i never expected it to have an english release. I invested way more time in the JPN version and have way better cards so i cant just drop that.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
I am just waiting for a kotori/maki/eli event to play for a bit :p but i have been playing the Japanese game way before the English one. Because i never expected it to have an english release. I invested way more time in the JPN version and have way better cards so i cant just drop that.
Understandable. I wouldn't drop the JPN either.

BTW I blame you for my recent mishap in score match, if I had been paying attention to the screen instead of looking for Kotori gifs.

Yaari

Nearly back on Rank 20 again, not too much progress lost there. Pretty bummed that I won't be able to get that SR Nozomi anymore though. Bleh.

Hopefully everyone uses their free Loveca on this event since I'm not trying for top 1000. That'll leave the next event open for me to make my move.

I only play the English version as well. The best part of 25LP songs and 4x event songs is that I don't have to play the game as much to get the same rewards. I don't know why I would want to play a second version and force myself to play twice as much.

Qurex

Neo Member
I liked to leave my boxsets unopened, so I haven't added UR honkers yet. I should probably go do that already.

That's weird that you couldn't sign up for Flickr. Have you tried signing up again? Also there is minus too. I don't see why it's taking you two hours to just upload one image to imgur though. Are your upload speeds really shit or something?
You have until March 31st 2015 to open your boxset before the UR Honoka code expires. It comes with an English Weiss Schwarz card as well, hopefully we won't need to play Weiss Schwarz to get the other promo cards. I tend to open my boxsets if they have stuff like this so I don't end up forgetting and letting the codes expire.

The small fan book thing is alright, nothing special really. It has bios for μ, an episode summary, a load of images taken from the PVs/anime/promo art, a very short message from each μ VA about "what is charming about Love Live" and a message from the VA to the character they play. Some of the screenshots make me want to search for them in the anime/PVs to see if I can make some new GIFs.
I would comment on the quality of the anime as well, (translations/picture quality/etc) but like I said before, the region lock means I can't watch them. I found the boxes kind of flimsy since they're slimcase. The covers are simple, made from promo art I think, the back has screenshots from the anime. It does the job, could be fancier I guess. 9 episodes on the first disc and the last 4 eps on the second disc along with a clean version of the OP&ED, "Original TV spots" whatever that means, and the original trailers. I can confirm the region lock works perfectly! Nothing I tried so far woud allow me to watch them.

I would upload some pictures of the box and fan book since I just did a review basically, but I don't have the time to wait for them to upload right now, maybe later today.

Yeah I'm not sure what was up with Flickr. I'll try signing up for Flickr again later today with a different username, it's just strange it let me sign up for the ID Qurex yesterday and then refuse to let me login. I'll try signing up for minus today as well.

My upload speeds shouldn't be that bad, at least I hope not. I've never actually checked. The problem I had yesterday was more to do imgur eating my uploads rather than having a shit upload speed. I had 2 versions of the problem with imgur eating my uploads.
The first had imgur tells that my upload was "pending", and would stay like that without changing after leaving it alone for 5 minutes or longer. I would try to upload another image but since the first one hasn't even started, the second image is also stuck. I would have to close the tab/refresh the page/etc to cancel the uploads so I could try again.
The second was where imgur attempts to upload my image. I could actually see the upload bar slowly moving. I was browsing GAF in another tab while it uploads. I go back to the imgur tab after a few minutes and the upload had disappeared. At first I thought I had accidentally cancelled it or something so I would try it again and the same thing happens. So I decided to leave my PC and get a drink while it uploads. Same thing happened. I decided to watch it upload at one point and watched it disappear as it finished uploading. It was as if I never uploaded the image. Somehow I was eventually able to upload the images, no idea how though.

I only play the English version at the moment. I'm not sure I want to play this game even more than I do already.

Also, Happy Birthday Kotori!

ib0EOdKz5xwxSs.gif

ibk8RCBVa7uHUU.gif

iUiCRt62rcjQb.gif

m0t0k1

The second was where imgur attempts to upload my image. I could actually see the upload bar slowly moving. I was browsing GAF in another tab while it uploads. I go back to the imgur tab after a few minutes and the upload had disappeared. At first I thought I had accidentally cancelled it or something so I would try it again and the same thing happens. So I decided to leave my PC and get a drink while it uploads. Same thing happened. I decided to watch it upload at one point and watched it disappear as it finished uploading. It was as if I never uploaded the image. Somehow I was eventually able to upload the images, no idea how though.

Maybe something to do with the browser you are using or with addblock? ps we cant really speak about addblock here i believe. but for some reason it gives problems when i visit minus but when i turn them off there are now problems.

also more gifs!!

tumblr_n78zkbwj4w1r3rdh2o4_500.gif

COME ON BRING IT

tumblr_nbqpiqv2IQ1r97tt0o1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_nbqzplcNO81ty5b4uo1_500.png

m0t0k1

Oh god so many Kotori gifs that I've never seen before! My head is about to explode where can I find all these .gifs!?!?!

06mvqDg.gif

On tumblr my little alpaca!

tumblr_mwfgpnSR9h1r922azo1_500.gif

Also chariot stopped supporting his idol website so our gif section is not as up to date as it used too.

Qurex

Neo Member
Here is everything that you get with the Premium edition. 2 Blurays, a Weiss Schwarz card, a short fan book, a code for the promo UR Honoka card and a hard cardboard case to hold everything.

The small fan book thing is alright, nothing special really.
It has:
  1. Bios for all 9 members of μ
  2. A short summary for each episode
  3. Several pages with a load of images taken from the PVs/anime/promo art
  4. a very short message from each μ VA about "what is charming about Love Live"
  5. a message from each VA to the character they play
Some of the screenshots make me want to search for them in the anime/PVs to see if I can make some new GIFs.

I would comment on the quality of the anime as well, (translations/picture quality/etc), but since it is region locked, I can't actually watch it.

I found the Bluray boxes kind of flimsy since they're slimcase. The boxes are empty on the inside, no inner pictures on the reverse of the cover and nothing in the box.
The covers are simple, made from promo art I think, the back has screenshots from the anime. It does the job, could be fancier I guess.

9 episodes on the first disc and the last 4 episodes on the second disc along with a clean version of the OP&ED, "Original TV spots" whatever that means, and the original trailers.

I can confirm the region lock works perfectly! Nothing I tried so far would allow me to watch them. I will have to find a region free bluray player or something

Full album is here, hopefully this loads properly. It has pics of the VAs messages
I'll take more pictures of the book and other stuff if anyone wants.

Yo, I would love to see pics of this it sounds really cute.
They're in the album, should be the last 9 images. I considered linking them here but I didn't think it would be a good idea to have that many images in my post.

Maybe something to do with the browser you are using or with addblock? ps we cant really speak about addblock here i believe. but for some reason it gives problems when i visit minus but when i turn them off there are now problems.

Not sure if that was the problem, I did try disabling my addons in Firefox, it didn't seem to make much difference. I tried Internet Explorer 11 as well and had the same problems. They eventually uploaded in IE11, not in Firefox though. Perhaps the problem is my upload speeds?
I didn't know about that "not allowed to talk about adblock" thing before. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :)

elhaym

I can confirm the region lock works perfectly! Nothing I tried so far would allow me to watch them. I will have to find a region free bluray player or something.

I'm unsure about the ToS here regarding it, but I use AnyDVD HD to play import BDs on my computer. Some of the best money I've spent.

Hachitora

Hot damn all these Kotori gifs. I'm too lazy to get onto my tumblr and look for gifs myself, so I'll just say happy birthday to the squeakiest Love Live :p

Also, I'm a day behind the event because I left my ipad at school yesterday >< Time to play catch-up

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Here is everything that you get with the Premium edition. 2 Blurays, a Weiss Schwarz card, a short fan book, a code for the promo UR Honoka card and a hard cardboard case to hold everything.
This is the standard MO for all the NISA sets. It makes them feel premium without actually adding more costs... which is how they get away with charging ten bucks more than Funimation or Sentai.

That said, I wonder who paid for the promo stuff - Bushiroad or NISA. Although I suppose they're literally just pieces of paper and digital data. lol

Himemiya

Full album is here, hopefully this loads properly. It has pics of the VAs messages
I'll take more pictures of the book and other stuff if anyone wants.

Thank youuuu! Reading this stuff makes me want to watch the show again.

Less than 3 hours till EN gets Kotori's birthday loveca. And event song on EX. >< so ready.
But I'm kinda pissed that when I woke up, no new cards. Last event we got new cards a day or two before EX right?

Yaari

I thought it was finally time for me to FC Baby Maybe Koi no Button on Hard, but noo! I had to mess up on a single note to wreck my combo. Lol, I'll ALWAYS mess up somewhere.

Glad I'm not at the point of hating the song yet so it is not that much of an issue for me, even though I must have tried 80 times now between both accounts.

Qurex

Neo Member
I'm unsure about the ToS here regarding it, but I use AnyDVD HD to play import BDs on my computer. Some of the best money I've spent.
Thanks for this, I'll have to keep this in mind.
It looks really useful but I'm not sure if I'd rather pay for free lifetime upgrades or just upgrade to a region free BD player instead. Since I haven't got many other imported BDs at the moment, only DVDs which I can watch since my DVD player is region free. Not sure if you're allowed to say here, but which license did you buy? If there aren't that many upgrades to the software then buying this would be a lot cheaper than a new BD player.

This is the standard MO for all the NISA sets. It makes them feel premium without actually adding more costs... which is how they get away with charging ten bucks more than Funimation or Sentai.

That said, I wonder who paid for the promo stuff - Bushiroad or NISA. Although I suppose they're literally just pieces of paper and digital data. lol
I've never actually bought an anime release by NISA before this, so I didn't know that until just now. Makes sense though, it does seem more premium just because of the box and the small book. Not sure if I've bought a release by Funimation or Sentai either, I would need to check since I mainly buy the European releases. I thought Sentai releases weren't that great though compared to Funimation?

I would assume Bushiroad paid for the promo stuff. Since the game and trading cards are their products after all, plus they would have had to print the card and paper themselves. It was added as a last minute thing if I remember correctly. Either that or Bandai was involved and asked them or something :p

Thank youuuu! Reading this stuff makes me want to watch the show again.

Less than 3 hours till EN gets Kotori's birthday loveca. And event song on EX. >< so ready.
But I'm kinda pissed that when I woke up, no new cards. Last event we got new cards a day or two before EX right?
I'm glad that the photos were readable it looked a bit dark and blurry to me. I tired taking photos with flash on but then you couldn't read anything.
I thought that the reason we got cards and a draw added last time was because we were behind the Japanese schedule. Have we still not caught up to the original release schedule?

I thought it was finally time for me to FC Baby Maybe Koi no Button on Hard, but noo! I had to mess up on a single note to wreck my combo. Lol, I'll ALWAYS mess up somewhere.

Have you tried singing/humming along to the song? It might help you keep to the rhythm :p

You ask we deliver!
Honoka-chan!!!

Some how I can never fail to hear Kotori's voice if you put "Honoka-chan" and a picture of Kotori together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom