• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
LOL Nico got monokuma'd!

Also it's funny how we talk about Dango Rango alot, but it's all so vague since we don't wanna reveal spoilers XD. I just got to the Chapter 3 victim right now, shit bout to be cray cray

Haha, I didn't even notice.

Yeah we have to tiptoe around revealing spoilers. Just finished the first trial, and holy shit that took so long for me to do. Also man I just realized I'm saving all my alpacas because I don't sacrificing them. Kotori mom will also stay in my inventory forever.

Yui

That's part of the reason for the slow down I guess. It's hardly LL talk at all, and very off-topic stuff. Like how I lose all mah skins on CS:GO, and get hungover at times. Although you really can't attribute Line to the slow down because their wasn't much LL stuff to talk about really, and interest in the game was going to get lost. I don't want to shit up the thread talking about the daily activities in my life or other stuff. Also I've been pretty damm busy so haven't got much time to play, and when I get free time I like to do other things. Although I'll gladly the shit the place up if nobody minds, and pleas don't go. How far have you made in dango rononon 2?

Nah, you guys don't need to change anything, just continue with your stuff.
I probably just wanted to clarify some things for myself. I mean, I could always just join the Line group if I really wanted to.

And since a couple of people seem to misunderstand my point. I should probably clarify that.
I wasn't saying this thread has to be more active or anything (like Qurex already said, there isn't really a lot of LL stuff going on and I guess it will get a lot worse until the movie comes out. Hell even with the movie, there won't be much to talk about. I still wish they had announced a third season instead of a movie...)
But I was kinda bummed that it was moving slow while a good chunk of the guys in here are probably talking about LL in the Line chat. Like, it could be more active, if you know what I mean. But I guess that's not really the case, if it's mainly super offtopic stuff over there.
My English can be a bit confusing at times (insert lame "not my native language" excuse here). Sorry for that. ^^"

Hugstable

Banned
Nah you guys don't need to change anything, just continue with your stuff.
I probably just wanted to clarify some things for myself. I mean, I could always just join the Line group if I really wanted to.

And since a couple of people seem to misunderstand my point. I should probably clarify that.
I wasn't saying this thread has to be more active or anything (like Qurex already said, there isn't really a lot of LL stuff going on and I guess it will get a lot worse until the movie comes out. Hell even with the movie, there won't be much to talk about. I still wish they had announced a third season instead of a movie...)
But I was kinda bummed that it was moving slow while a good chunk of the guys in here are probably talking about LL in the Line chat. Like, it could be more active, if you know what I mean. But I guess that's not really the case, if it's mainly super offtopic stuff over there.
My English can be a bit confusing at times. Sorry for that. ^^"

haha no worries on the English, you probably come off writing it better than I do and it's my native language >_>. I really did wish they would've done a 3rd season instead of the movie, but then again if the movie is big couldn't they go back and do another season? I just want Umi to finally have her character episode! Maybe the movie will be Umi!

Hachitora

LOL Nico got monokuma'd!

Also it's funny how we talk about Dango Rango alot, but it's all so vague since we don't wanna reveal spoilers XD. I just got to the Chapter 3 victim right now, shit bout to be cray cray
Lol, Nico gets covered everytime.

And yeah, a lot of the stuff we talk about is off-topic. Like how I love Sonic the Hedgehog games (a bit too much) and jokes about how I'm the youngest person in all of LLGAF. Stuff that doesn't really fit here at all. Hopefully when Safs comes back, things will chug along faster. I for one don't want this thread to die, I've just been too busy worrying about high school/college stuff that i don't have much time. So I'll try my best to post here more, because all you guys here are my bros, even you new guys.

Himemiya

@Yui

I haven't been posting here long enough to tell if there was a slowdown but there really is less LL content, but not thaaat much less interest or else there would be no newbies. I'm glad you're not too angry about the Line stuff. The manga thing I posted is like the most Love Livey we got last night. People who are in schooling right now had their classes start up again, at least in NA afaik. I think a lot of people are just busy and grind tokens when they can.

Also I saw you max bonded UR Honoka already. Ahhh and Mokoi has her as well. Who else?
I'll try not to regret not preordering the set

fek

Hmm so its ok to comment on Fripside. :p
fripside ruined the New Year's Live so it's not allowed!
Actually I don't know much about fripside other than a few anime songs, how do you feel about it?
Personally, I'm interested in anything involving our 3D idols, so if someone wants to talk about fripside I'll check it out.

Qurex

Neo Member
Nope. Happy Maker! Happy Maker is where it's at.
Happy Maker is a Single though and not exclusive to the second season's OST :p
No love for "Dancing Stars on Me!" from the second season's second single? (That's a mouthful, there must have been a better way to say that).
Still using your Leader alot! Constantly actually, really helping me out. Can you take a guess at how much Cool I'd need around to score S rank on Normal difficulty?

I should be able to do that if I had the Cool required, but the fact that I don't is pretty much keeping me from playing anything above Easy.

I'm trying to get this done quickly so that I can use my tickets most effectively, but I probably won't be making it.

I'm currently on 17.6k, without a Leader.
Glad to hear that my Leader is helpful, just tell me if you want me to change it. Sure, I'll try to take a guess for you. So your Cool team is at 17.6k without a Leader.
Could you tell me what is your high score for the song on Normal? It would be easier to guess if I knew what rank you are scoring on the event song for normal. To see your high score you have to select the song and the difficulty and then you have to press and hold the album art. It should tell bring up a screen showing what's your high score, number of times you played the song etc... A complete guess without knowing your score (I'm guessing it's around a mid B rank?). I would say that your team would probably have to be about 25,000 without the bonus to get near A/S rank. If you have score boosting Rares (Cool/Smile cards) on the team it would probably be a bit easier. Also, have you optimised your team for the song's note distribution? That might give you a small score boost as well.
The score (as in song score) according to the Wiki that you need to get for S Rank is 79,992 points. Basically you need to be aiming to score 80,000 points.

UTC will stay constant though regardless of time changes elsewhere...I think. Most EN events end 10am UTC, that's a good rule of thumb for anybody confused.
Yeah UTC doesn't change, though I use GMT :p

Yeah I've heard the full version, and I really like the song. Although do you know where I can find the second season ost? I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

Haha, came home to find my boxset arrived and monokuma sticker was included. Guess they knew LL causes despair.

Here are the product pages for the second season OST at CDJapan, Play-Asia and Yesasia.
There's probably a few other places but I can't remember any at the moment.
Still waiting for my LL box set to arrive, hopefully it'll arrive soon. I also have Danganronpa. Both games, sat on my table, unplayed >_>;;

LOL Nico got monokuma'd!
Proof that she's a harbinger of despair :p

Himemiya

Happy Maker is a Single though and not exclusive to the second season's OST :p

Yeah, it's still a fun song though, especially the beginning and the instrumentation. Listened to it the most out of the second season songs, though I need to give all of them more than one run through. But I haven't heard the full shocking party yet.

Yaari

Glad to hear that my Leader is helpful, just tell me if you want me to change it. Sure, I'll try to take a guess for you. So your Cool team is at 17.6k without a Leader.
Could you tell me what is your high score for the song on Normal? It would be easier to guess if I knew what rank you are scoring on the event song for normal. To see your high score you have to select the song and the difficulty and then you have to press and hold the album art. It should tell bring up a screen showing what's your high score, number of times you played the song etc... A complete guess without knowing your score (I'm guessing it's around a mid B rank?). I would say that your team would probably have to be about 25,000 without the bonus to get near A/S rank. If you have score boosting Rares (Cool/Smile cards) on the team it would probably be a bit easier. Also, have you optimised your team for the song's note distribution? That might give you a small score boost as well.

High Score is 55k. So I'm way off then. That's not me hitting S when I am going to grind for event points later this week, haha.. oh well.

I am doing pretty well in the song, so its just the Cool holding me back, ah well, I'll get there. Still think I should be able to get to 11k without that much problems.

Edit: Bah.. thought I was finally going to FC this song after 70 tries, turns out I broke my combo early on in the song without knowing, so I got 217 notes instead of 220, awesome.

Mokoi

Banned
Hmm so its ok to comment on Fripside. :p

I've looked up what this Fripside stuff is and interest raised. It seems Nanjo did that railgun op song. The song is ok, and I should really learn more about the voice actors in LL to find out the stuff they did.

Here are the product pages for the second season OST at CDJapan, Play-Asia and Yesasia.
There's probably a few other places but I can't remember any at the moment.
Still waiting for my LL box set to arrive, hopefully it'll arrive soon. I also have Danganronpa. Both games, sat on my table, unplayed >_>;;

Thank you Thank you. I wonder if NISA will also bundle the ost with the second season boxset if it comes which I'm sure it will. I wonder what sweet background tracks are on this one. Also get to playing Dango ronono if you have the time. Pretty good games I must say.

JoeFu

Banned
This thread will never die!!

I'm relatively high ranked in the JP event. Was wondering if I should just go for top 45k as I was around 70k with no loveca spent.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Working sucks. Spend most of my free time playing games instead of coming here lol. Kinda wish I didn't have a job so I can post here all day like I used to. Wedding dress Eli ain't gonna pay for herself though.

Hachitora

Arg -_- I did an EX score match in JP, but i got distracted by something and ended up missing the start of the song. I didn't notice because I had to play with no volume. I failed it T~T

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
I've looked up what this Fripside stuff is and interest raised. It seems Nanjo did that railgun op song. The song is ok, and I should really learn more about the voice actors in LL to find out the stuff they did.

I rabu rabu that song.

fripside ruined the New Year's Live so it's not allowed!

You're right, ruined the musical chairs clip. I wanted to see 8 of them busting their ass. >.<
ibxhSxqGVr4nEV.gif

Qurex

Neo Member
Yeah, it's still a fun song though, especially the beginning and the instrumentation. Listened to it the most out of the second season songs, though I need to give all of them more than one run through. But I haven't heard the full shocking party yet.
The full version of Shocking Party sounds probably as you would expect. Happy Maker is really energetic, feels like something I would hear at a parade or something. I need to give it another listen along with the other 2nd season songs later.

Dancing Stars on Me! is really upbeat, a slightly different feeling to Happy Maker.
For some reason it reminds me of the ending theme for Log Horizon, "Your song*", even though they're not really similar.
High Score is 55k. So I'm way off then. That's not me hitting S when I am going to grind for event points later this week, haha.. oh well.

I am doing pretty well in the song, so its just the Cool holding me back, ah well, I'll get there. Still think I should be able to get to 11k without that much problems.

Edit: Bah.. thought I was finally going to FC this song after 70 tries, turns out I broke my combo early on in the song without knowing, so I got 217 notes instead of 220, awesome.
Really it's kind of hard to score well on the event songs at the start since you won't have many R/SR/UR cards. Your second event will be easier since you'll probably have done a 11 draw by then. Also, the score needed to get an S rank at normal is a lot higher than the earlier events. You only needed to score about 55k - 65k for the first few event songs. Yeah, reaching 11k is more about finding time to play rather scoring well. Scoring well makes the process faster though.

Thank you Thank you. I wonder if NISA will also bundle the ost with the second season boxset if it comes which I'm sure it will. I wonder what sweet background tracks are on this one. Also get to playing Dango ronono if you have the time. Pretty good games I must say.

I tend to associate fripSide with shounen battle series, since quite a few of their songs are used for them. Their songs for Railgun are great. Actually I like most of their stuff.

There was this partial cover of Love Marginal by fripside x Mimorin. Sat looks a bit awkward in that video with Jolno and Mimorin. Then again he always looks kinda awkward next to Jolno.
Also, have Jolno's version of Nico Nico Nii!

NISA will probably have the license rights for the second OST since they managed to get the first one. The second OST does have that song Honoka sings in the first episode to the previously on Love Live theme and Aishiteru Banzai! (piano ver.).
There's some other good tracks as well but it's quite late where I am so I'll have to check tommorow. I'll look for some fripSide songs as well. I'll probably try to start Dangan somtime in the next few days since I haven't done much reading recently.

Hachitora

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The manga that firehawk12 mentioned in Line chat yesterday was quite good. It's by vice, and it's sweet, and gives a pretty convincing argument for why the hell someone like Nozomi became vice prez of a school.

"Can I really shine?"
Lol
Poor Nozomi just wanted a friend!

Guys srsly, why do you need a second platform for the same community?
I don't feel like posting in here anymore if all of you guys talk in Line, while this thread gets like 10 posts a day. :/
Sure, you guys still post in here, but a lot of random stuff probably goes in the Line chat.
And I feel like this thread lost quite a bit of it's "flow and energy" as soon as the Line thing started. (might be a coincidence but you know)
Line chat is mostly "spam" in terms of not being related in any way to the game though. I still check the thread whenever there's a new post anyway.

The alternative would be to make this thread more like what I think the K-On thread is now, where it's just random chatter with the occasional K-On gif to keep it on topic. lol

Poor Nozomi just wanted a friend!

Line chat is mostly "spam" in terms of not being related in any way to the game though. I still check the thread whenever there's a new post anyway.

The alternative would be to make this thread more like what I think the K-On thread is now, where it's just random chatter with the occasional K-On gif to keep it on topic. lol

I think you mean "K-On gifs with the occasional random chatter."

PewPewK

well i guess i'll post this here

I think I have a slot open. Here, have a Smile UR to help you out.

Also, I know I'm in the friend spreadsheet, but if anyone wants to add me I still have 2 slots left. 711887517. I currently have 10 received requests from randoms so if you could please put in your name or profile GAF it'd be really helpful for weeding out those I don't give a shit about.

Crescent-

well i guess i'll post this here

jKFm6onbHFoZc.jpg

Sent you a request, I only have an SR though so may not be much help haha.

I think I have a slot open. Here, have a Smile UR to help you out.

Also, I know I'm in the friend spreadsheet, but if anyone wants to add me I still have 2 slots left. 711887517. I currently have 10 received requests from randoms so if you could please put in your name or profile GAF it'd be really helpful for weeding out those I don't give a shit about.

Sent you a request Pew if u still got a slot left

chrono01

Going to go through my Friend List tomorrow and make sure I have all of you added. Well, I'll add as much as I can anyway [until I reach the maximum amount I currently have]. >_<

Crescent-

I could use more friends as well, currently 2/15. No useful leaders but I that should change soon hopefully.

Sent you a request, I'll be changing my main formation to suit the event song color to help you out.

Also trying out playing with one hand only today, needless to say I got rekt by Mermaid Festa vol.2. Passed the song because of my team but nowhere near a good combo.

Yaari

Thanks all!

PS: Some might have received one of those dorky "Hello." messages, I messed up thinking I was accepting friend request. Sigh.

61st try is the charm!

I finally FC'd this sing despite FCing more difficult songs...

Now whenever Slow Halation EX gets back in rotation....

I'm over 100 plays on this and Soldier Game without full comboing. Usually only missing 2-3 "goods," but I just can't get the rhythm down.

m0t0k1

I can add you guys if you want although i am not playing the english event atm. If you can use a pure SR kotori let me know.

Mokoi

Banned
Nobody wants your useless SR motokes. They want to be friend just to use your special UR cards.

Also I need to play catch up later today. Haven't had time to grind it up, and really want those extra Nozomi.

m0t0k1

Nobody wants your useless SR motokes. They want to be friend just to use your special UR cards.

Also I need to play catch up later today. Haven't had time to grind it up, and really want those extra Nozomi.

They will never get my UR!!!!!! All they can get is my SR and despair.

Yaari

Hmm, I was reading about the iPhone 5 recall for weak batteries, and had been thinking that mine seemed to drain a little quick. So I did a test and it appears that while playing this game, I lose like 5-7% battery life per song.

It was not as apparent because I usually don't play games with sound. But now that I do, in this one, it absolutely devours my battery.

Does anyone own an iPhone 5 or can tell me how much battery usage it takes for them to complete a song, I just want to know how bad my battery is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, it's a battery killer, but I don't think I lost that much per song.

That said, I replaced my iPhone 5 relatively recently, so I might have a newer battery in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom