• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Hugstable

Banned
What do most do with their 3rd SR if they hit the top 200? Skill-up?

Need to do some heavy grinding as I am behind on schedule, 15k even points, I was aiming for 27k when it ends to get that top 1000 spot.

I usually like going for top 200 so I can have both the idolized and non idolized version of the event card. The Non Idolized Rin card for this event is pretty cute so of course I don't want to idolized one of them and have it be gone forever. This way I can have both!

How are you guys able to grind so easily? After playing an hour and a half I feel like my eyes are dying. And I used some eye drops as well.

I still have 2k yokes in EN and after using them I should be around 19k. Have a few hundred in JP and am currently at 14.6k in rank 33k. Ezpz in JP this event for some reason.

LOL it's easier for me to grind cause I'm only playing one version of the game :p

Marche90

I said this a while ago

I'm pretty sure I won't FC Mermaid Festa vol. 1, though...

Glad to be wrong!

LBsOd96.png

Yaari

Do you guys still think the top 1000 cut off will jump to 25-27k in the remaining day? I'm on 17k points now and am #652, that is quite a jump.

Asking because I'd have to buy Loveca, doesnt seem like my remaining 3 will get the job done.

Qurex

Neo Member
Emi sings Chaos Rings III theme song
Oh nice, I quite like her singing.
Perhaps she's voicing one of the characters in the game since she's singing the theme song.

Sounds just like Honoka
SqhCiAw.png

And on the topic of Emitsun, I don't think I complained about the cover for her single yet

So lazy
I tend to find that most of the time Honoka and Emi sound the same. Although this song reminded me more of the OP for AstralAir no Shiroki Towa, White Eternity, rather than any of the songs that Honoka has sung.

I find that the 3rd ED for the Da Capo III anime, REFLECTION, is a mix between Emi and Honoka. Or in other words Ricca, who's also voiced by Emi :p

Some of the VAs sound really different when they aren't singing as members of μ's. Mimorin, Ucchi and perhaps Nanjolno. Soramaru and Nico are fairly similar most of the time. Can't think whether the others sound particularly different at the moment.
The VAs for A-RISE also sound fairly different when they aren't singing as the members of A-RISE.

That uniform that Emi wears in that album cover looks like a bootleg copy of the Otonokizaka Academy uniform.

About the 1000 bond thing, yeah I'm not certain since it was a few months ago when I had multiple idols fighting for the third rank bonds at 500 points. I definitely remember seeing my SRs swap places often, but I'm not sure how. I just know that they changed within a day or so after I used a different one slightly more. As in an idol not currently in the top 3. The ranks changed a while after I swapped the idol I was using. Might take a few hours it wasn't an immediate change, it's not something you notice straight away. You should see them change if you keep using a different one. Perhaps try leaving Rin up as your main for a few hours.
Actually since this was for the English version it might be different to the Japanese version.

Do you guys still think the top 1000 cut off will jump to 25-27k in the remaining day? I'm on 17k points now and am #652, that is quite a jump.

Asking because I'd have to buy Loveca, doesnt seem like my remaining 3 will get the job done.

Most likely you will. Probably over the next day your current score will end up being the top 1000 score. The scores for the top 1000 will probably go up by maybe up to 5000 daily. The scores go up by around 1000-2000 over the course of half a day.

On the topic of the 3rd SR, most people tend to keep it. Basically what the others have already said.

Mazre

EN is back up

Hey I don't think I knew that you could check song ranking amongst your pals during events

Thats right. I wonder when being able to check friend ranking was added in the game though, I would like to get it in EN.

Not sure when it was added but it's been in as long as I've been playing JP version (June)..

JoeFu

Banned
Those cards look awesome!

Also even with my crappy score I'm top 5 on safe friend list yaaay

Also reminds me I need to finish leveling up my UR kotori!

Qurex

Neo Member
Don't forget Shikaco, of course she sounds different from Kayo-chin, though that is obvious I suppose especially since you can find evidence of that within the LL discography itself in Koduku na Heaven. She is a pretty good singer and I love her normal voice. I think Rippi's normal singing voice is a little lower than Rin. I never really liked Honoka's singing until I heard Ai wa Taiyou ja Nai, and after getting her first solo album I appreciated her more, maybe Honoka just sounds best without the group :p
Ah yeah, you make a good point about Shikaco. It's not often she sings like that, but when she does, I sometimes don't immediately realise it's her.
For example her solo version for WILD STARS, it's really pleasant listening to her regular voice there. Actually I think WILD STARS applies to all of them. There's quite a large range for that song in the solo versions.

I had to give Rippi's singing in 4to6 another listen. I think you're right about her regular voice being slightly lower.
Speaking of Rippi I only just found she's voicing one of the characters in that idol RPG PS4 game by Compile Heart, *ω*Quintet (Omega Quintet). I think she's the main character as well. She voices Otoha.

I think Honoka's voice is best when she's singing with lots of energy(?).
That Chaos Rings theme song uses a really low pitch, don't think any LL songs use that pitch normally, but that doesn't sound like Honoka to me. It's like lacking Honoka's tone(?) or something. To me, it's just Emi singing at that point. lol.

Well I'll just leave my UR Maki up for the event, but in the long run, its not a big deal as I will max bond Rares to fill up the top three spots. It was just something I had been wondering about, I think maybe its random. The promo UR Honoka had been on mine since I maxed her I think and that was a long time ago, and I never used her after that. I'm not sure, but I don't think my promo UR Nico was ever in the bonds!
One day we'll figure out how that bond stuff works. I'll try testing things out when I can find another Smile Honoka so I can raise the bond to the same level as the Promo UR.

The ability to check friend ranking is a part of the 2.0 update.

Wow, Japan really doesn't like hero Umi huh
They played School Idol Paradise and washed their hands off the franchise in disgust.
Is this the part where we post about how we are experts in Japanese culture? :p

KLab just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese Idol culture (I'm an expert), but honour and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in the West where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. What this means is the Japanese public, after playing this event, is not going to want to purchase any more Loveca for School Idol Festival, nor will they purchase any Love Live merchandise. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Klab has alienated an entire market with this move.
KLab, publicly apologise and give out free Loveca and URs as compensation or you can kiss the Love Live franchise goodbye.

Am I doing this right? lol

Just discovered that this guy is making his Real life SIF cards, also Million live and cinderalla girls cards. They look pretty good :D I want one.

Those real SIF cards look great, I wonder how the holographic part is done.

chrono01

So I got tired of grinding the event song at the standard rate, so I've switched to 4x. The increased XP for standard is not worth my sanity! I blew through three of the 4x event song when I noticed the delayed in "Connecting...". I'm definitely going to wait to see if it improves before I potentially waste 180 of my tokens.

That being said, I finally FC'd Love Soldier on hard. That later section with repeated/alternate notes was killing me, but I finally did it [after like...105 plays]. -_-

As for the skill, it basically makes every Good/Great note into a Perfect for a specific amount of time. Also, yes it will be added to the drop tables, although at a decreased rate [compared to other SR].

Qurex

Neo Member
Some maintenance, I am getting tons of "connecting" and transmissions errors -_-

Oh cool, now when is that coming lol
Unless they combine the updates, then it'll be after we get version 1.7/1.7.1
So probably still a few more months.

What does this skill do :
?
And after event will this card be added to drop tables ?
When the skill is active it turns any Goods/Greats you get into Perfects.

Event cards are added to the Premium Draw, two events after their first appearance.
Compared to the other cards, event cards have a lower chance of being drawn.

That being said, I finally FC'd Love Soldier on hard. That later section with repeated/alternate notes was killing me, but I finally did it [after like...105 plays]. -_-
Congrats on the full combo! I still need to do that sometime for Soldier Game, slowly getting closer to it.

On the topic of the game connection, I'm finding that it's still kinda slow.
Makes me wonder what they did during that maintenance, since they haven't told us what it was for.

Hachitora

On the topic of the game connection, I'm finding that it's still kinda slow.
Makes me wonder what they did during that maintenance, since they haven't told us what it was for.

They added the connection issues during the maintenance, of course.

Qurex

Neo Member
Er sorry, that's Soldier Game not Love Soldier. Not sure where my mind is today. ~_~
Oh, hmm.... Still congrats on the full combo! Doesn't really much difference to what I said. lol
Clearly the event grinding is starting to get to you =p

Actually rereading the posts, did you do an edit? From the looks of it I think I was the one who messed up the song name.
Maybe I'm the one who should take a break. Clearly too much Soldier Game today, I did play it several times before posting earlier. Perhaps that's why.

They added the connection issues during the maintenance, of course.
They are trying to make people who waited to buckle down on the event spend extra loveca from the errors
Just goes to show you gotta get that event card fast tbh
Oh of course, should have realised.
Clearly it was added so that we buy more Loveca!

Boo, I need to spy on everyone in both versions!
Maybe if we spend more on Loveca, we'll get the update quicker!

chrono01

Oh, hmm.... Still congrats on the full combo! Doesn't really much difference to what I said. lol
Clearly the event grinding is starting to get to you =p

Actually rereading the posts, did you do an edit? From the looks of it I think I was the one who messed up the song name.
Maybe I'm the one who should take a break. Clearly too much Soldier Game today, I did play it several times before posting earlier. Perhaps that's why.
Haha, nope. I'm definitely the one who made the error [no edit was made].

And yes, you're correct in assuming the grinding is likely getting to me. Thankfully we have these connection errors to force us to take a break. We shall, or at least I will, resume tomorrow [or later tonight]!

Thanks for the congratulations, by the way. I wish you luck in completing it as well.

Himemiya

Because I think at this point they will add UR Nozomi/Job Nico/Animal Maki after this event because they could add a set of October cards after Maki's event, and the second set after Eli and that should still be during October.

Obviously I could be wrong too, but the one thing I don't think KLab would ever do is shuffle the October cards down to feature an old UR. Old UR Nozomi will probably be released in the next non-score match event, end of the month. October cards (cheerleaders, get hype!!) we will probably get first batch Tuesday, and next batch around the 15th, after Maki's event.

Hachitora

Damn, didn't think the top 200 would be this hard for Rin. Looks like I'm gonna have to use a bit more loveca. At least I should be guaranteed for top 1,000 at this point.
Because I think at this point they will add UR Nozomi/Job Nico/Animal Maki after this event.

Do you guys hear that? I think it's my wallet, screaming.

Qurex

Neo Member
I've spent enough on loveca ;_;

And I'm gonna be out of loveca after the first batch of October cards. Because I think at this point they will add UR Nozomi/Job Nico/Animal Maki after this event because they could add a set of October cards after Maki's event, and the second set after Eli and that should still be during October.

So if that is how it goes, I will use my tickets after this event, and use up all my loveca after Maki's event. Just don't know what the plan is after that...
I haven't bought Loveca since Firefighter Honoka was added, think that was back in June? I still have plenty of the free Loveca saved up though. Enough to do a draw actually. Maybe you'll get lucky with the tickets!

Technically it is still September when the event ends so we could get them before the October Cards. KLab could add the first October Cards during the middle of the next event after all.

Haha, nope. I'm definitely the one who made the error [no edit was made].

And yes, you're correct in assuming the grinding is likely getting to me. Thankfully we have these connection errors to force us to take a break. We shall, or at least I will, resume tomorrow [or later tonight]!

Thanks for the congratulations, by the way. I wish you luck in completing it as well.
Oh huh, clearly the token grind is affecting both of us. Indeed, I'll take these connection errors as a sign to take a break for now. Luckily our LP is high enough to allow us this. I'll also continue playing in several hours.
Thanks for the luck, I hope that the day I full combo Soldier Game is soon!

Only just under a day and a half left for the current events. Speaking of which, going to repost the countdown timers now.

Countdown for the End of the current English event
t1412064000z0.png

Countdown for the End of the current Japanese Event
t1412056800z0.png

Pikastew

Neo Member
So does every SR enter the game through an event?

Nah, there are SR cards that aren't associated with an event, and just get added to the honor student scouting pool. Notices show up in the news section when they are added.

However, events are the cheapest way to get an SR, since if you plan your time and don't waste any LP, you can get the event SR for very few loveca.

Kumubou

However, events are the cheapest way to get an SR, since if you plan your time and don't waste any LP, you can get the event SR for very few loveca.
You can actually get them without spending any loveca if you're OCD enough about managing your LP. That's what I've been doing, not using any loveca on the events and just saving them for draws. If you're not goint to throw down 20-30 to make the top 1000/200, what's the point?

Yaari

You can actually get them without spending any loveca if you're OCD enough about managing your LP. That's what I've been doing, not using any loveca on the events and just saving them for draws. If you're not goint to throw down 20-30 to make the top 1000/200, what's the point?

Yeah I want to play this way aswell. I like this one attempt to get top 1000, but I don't need another grinding game, I also think I'll be burned out on the game much faster if I start to keep that up.

That said, I doubt I'll be having the patience to wait for 50 Loveca for that 10+1 roll, so it will probably be a bunch of single rolls.

Pikastew

Neo Member

I was pretty sure that it didn't require loveca at all and I did get event Kotori that way, but I wasn't sure if that was true for all events, because sometimes they bump the event point requirement up from 11k to 13k, right?

Kumubou

I was pretty sure that it didn't require loveca at all and I did get event Kotori that way, but I wasn't sure if that was true for all events, because sometimes they bump the event point requirement up from 11k to 13k, right?
The higher point requirements are usually because you have an extra day or two for the event, so you still have time.

Top Bottom