• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Is an autographed card guaranteed in this box?
large.gif

Normally 1 per 4 boxes, but since love live has a billion signs, last set was 9 per case (16 boxes)

CoinArt

3rd years means pull. Pull means disappointment.

I wonder why the SR isn't marked 'new'? I don't think I ever sold/ate one of her (why would I do such a thing?), but she's certainly not in my collection.

Hey guys. Anyone have room on friends list? I could use a few more. My ID is 405836455.

Assuming EN, sent. I have the same name as here.

fek

3rd years means pull. Pull means disappointment.

I wonder why the SR isn't marked 'new'? I don't think I ever sold/ate one of her (why would I do such a thing?), but she's certainly not in my collection.
It's not marked as new if your box is full

Mazre

Woot! Finally FC'd an EX Medley.

Beatmap wise I really enjoy Korekara no Someday on EX. Music wise I like the OPs/EDs from the show (esp ED1), Yuuki no reason, and most everything else already mentioned.

Rarutos

I don't really post in here but...

My favorite songs are LONELIEST BABY, anenome heart, Snow halation, Cutie Panther, and soldier game.

Oh, I also really love Kaguya no Shiro de Odoritai and Datte Datte Aa Mujou as well. Those Cool songs, I guess lol.

But I do love almost all of their songs...

μ's New Year LoveLive! 2013

Summary

μ's New Year Live took place on January 3rd 2013 in the Tokyo Dome Hall and is μ's second live performance. Unfortantely Nanjou Yoshino (Eli) was not able to make it. After a brief into of all the seiyuu alongside their anime character on the stage's screen it jumps straight into Wonderful Rush. It's almost immediately apparent that one of them is missing as there is an obvious hole in their choreography where another dancer should be. After the first song each of the seiyuu introduce themselves with a bit of banter between the group. Each of them inject some of their character's personality into their introduction while also showing of their own. Emi Nitta (Honoka) stood as the seiyuu which matched closest with her character's personality while Yurika Kubo (Hanayo) almost seemed a polar opposite. Right after the introductions are the performances of Bokura no Live and Yuujou no Change. Nanjou's absence is probably the most apparent during the Yuujou no Change. During Eli's solos instead of one of the other seiyuu taking her place they elect to show Eli from the Wonderful Rush PV on the stage's screen with the seiyuu on stage surrounding an empty space where Nanjou should have been.

A few more minutes of banter between the seiyuu before starting Mermaid Festa Vol 01 transitioning into the daily songs in LLSIF Mermaid Festa Vol 2, Soldier Game, Otome Shiki Ren'ai Juku and Kokuhaku Biyori, desu. Again, Nanjou's absence is missed in soldier game but Pile (Maki) does a great job with Eli's solos. The costume changes start when Sora Tokui (Nico) and Aina Kusuda (Nozomi) take the stage for Otome Shiki Ren'ai Juku. Previously they were wearing costumes resembling the Wonderful Rush ensemble but are now in their school outfits. Both Sora and Yurika Kubo (Hanayo) don't spend much time in their school outfits as they quickly switch to gym outfits for After School Navigators and Listen to my Heart.

Next are the character songs Blueberry♥Train (Kotori), Yuuki No Reason(Umi), Junai Lens (Nozomi), Koi No Shigunaru Rin rin rin! (Rin), Someday of my life (Honoka), Daring!! (Maki), Kodoku Na Heaven (Hanayo) and Mahoutsukai Hajimemashita! (Nico). There are no breaks between each song and each start immediately after the other. Each of the seiyuu do a great job with their solo performances and bring energy to the performance hall. The standouts have to be Aya Uchida (Kotori) as the opening solo and gets the audience active with her energy, Emi and Yurika with their passionate performances. Aya, Riho Iida (Rin) and Sora all make use of a prop while they perform which gave some variety to each performance. (The cat ears were nyanderful)

Next are the sub group performances starting with Lily White's Shiranai Love*Oshiete Love and A-NO-NE-GA-N-BA-RE! followed by Printemps' Sweet&Sweet Holiday and Love Marginal. There is plenty banter between the seiyuu before they start each performance but the funniest to me was when BiBi arrived on stage and immediately performed Diamond Princess no Yuutsu with Riho filling in for Nanjou and afterwards acting like she is meant to be there with Pile and Sora giving her scowling looks. After Riho is kicked off stage Aino joins BiBi for their other song Love Novels. Honestly, I would have preferred if Riho performed both songs.

After the subgroups performance μ's comes back to finish off the show with Mogyutto "love" de Sekkin Chuu!, Baby Maybe Koi no Button, Snow Halation and
Aishiteru Banzai!. The girls a give a bow, thank the audience and leave the stage. However, what is a concert without an encore? μ's comes back on stage to close the night with Natsuiro Egao de 1,2,Jump!, Oh,Love&Peace! and Bokura no LIVE Kimi to no LIFE. In between Natsuiro and Love&Peace each of the seiyuu give their own thank you to the audience for their support. They also take this time to announce their 3rd live concert, the 3rd Anniversary Live.

Impressions

The first thing that stood out to me was the lack of a live band to play the music. Maybe I'm too used to western performances but this absence made each performance feel a bit lifeless. The seiyuu did a great job with vocal and physical performance but the prerecorded music left me feeling a little empty. The backing tracks were also pre-recorded with the seiyuu only singing the main track. There are 8 vocalists so I assume it should be possible to coordinate part of the group the backing track and some the main track. The dances were fairly basic but it's hard to expect much when you have to sing at the same time and when you have to many songs to perform.

The seiyuu themselves all did a fantastic job throughout the live. Every single one of them was energetic and smiling every time they were on stage. The best vocal performances had to come from Suzuko Mimori (Umi) and Emi. Not all of the seiyuu are great singers on their own (Aina and Aya in particular) but as a whole they sound great together. The banter between them is energetic and funny (I didn't have subtitles so I can only assume what they were talking about) but it makes me wonder if a performance from them would work anywhere other than Japan. The banter between the seiyuu was a big part of the live in order for the others to get changed and prepare for the next song. If μ's were ever to come to the states I'd have to wonder how they would handle the interaction with the audience.

I have to say if μ's ever did come to NA I would buy tickets. Despite the lack of live instrumentals the seiyuu put their all into their performances with passion and energy. The audience was into it for every performance and it just looks like an overall good time. Please come to NA μ's!

inthemyst

Neo Member
Last night I tried a pull because of the 1st year batch and ended up getting 11 R cards... Not even an SR. Sigh.

Time to go back to grinding some more.

fek

Impressions

The first thing that stood out to me was the lack of a live band to play the music. Maybe I'm too used to western performances but this absence made each performance feel a bit lifeless. The seiyuu did a great job with vocal and physical performance but the prerecorded music left me feeling a little empty. The backing tracks were also pre-recorded with the seiyuu only singing the main track. There are 8 vocalists so I assume it should be possible to coordinate part of the group the backing track and some the main track. The dances were fairly basic but it's hard to expect much when you have to sing at the same time and when you have to many songs to perform.

The seiyuu themselves all did a fantastic job throughout the live. Every single one of them was energetic and smiling every time they were on stage. The best vocal performances had to come from Suzuko Mimori (Umi) and Emi. Not all of the seiyuu are great singers on their own (Aina and Aya in particular) but as a whole they sound great together. The banter between them is energetic and funny (I didn't have subtitles so I can only assume what they were talking about) but it makes me wonder if a performance from them would work anywhere other than Japan. The banter between the seiyuu was a big part of the live in order for the others to get changed and prepare for the next song. If μ's were ever to come to the states I'd have to wonder how they would handle the interaction with the audience.

I have to say if μ's ever did come to NA I would buy tickets. Despite the lack of live instrumentals the seiyuu put their all into their performances with passion and energy. The audience was into it for every performance and it just looks like an overall good time. Please come to NA μ's!

Very nice to read your impressions for this live, thanks for posting, I think I will watch it again. It's sad that Nanjo wasn't able to be in this one but I still think it was pretty good. Specially Listen to my Heart and solo songs in general were very fun.
Yeah seiyuu chatting is an important part in the lives too, it's mostly fun stuff but in their ending speeches you can feel how they are connected to this franchise and it makes me happy to see what they have achieved because they are all very talented.
They did perform with live band before but that was only two songs in a LisAni live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJLkkVs1bp8

Very nice to read your impressions for this live, thanks for posting, I think I will watch it again. It's sad that Nanjo wasn't able to be in this one but I still think it was pretty good. Specially Listen to my Heart and solo songs in general were very fun.
Yeah seiyuu chatting is an important part in the lives too, it's mostly fun stuff but in their ending speeches you can feel how they are connected to this franchise and it makes me happy to see what they have achieved because they are all very talented.
They did perform with live band before but that was only two songs in a LisAni live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJLkkVs1bp8

The sound mixing sounded a bit weird in that LisAni live. Otherwise I think I would prefer that to the prerecorded music playing.

My favorite performance from the New Years live is probably After School Navigators only because the song itself is hilarious to me. Heavy metal anime girls, it's too bad Sora didn't head-bang during it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I may start making a note of all the different Student titles.

I need to know exactly how many are in this army of theirs.

fek

Holy crap, preordered. This is a lot cheaper than getting from cdjapan for me and should also show them we have interest in their music. Buy this guys

The sound mixing sounded a bit weird in that LisAni live. Otherwise I think I would prefer that to the prerecorded music playing.

My favorite performance from the New Years live is probably After School Navigators only because the song itself is hilarious to me. Heavy metal anime girls, it's too bad Sora didn't head-bang during it.
I hope we get a new NicoRinPana song this year

elhaym

Ordered, thanks! I passed on the release on CDJ when I saw it hit (Currently 9200JPY before shipping and ouch, 9936 on Amazon JP...).

It can go right along the im@s CDs that I've also started accumulating now.
>.>

I think I may start making a note of all the different Student titles.

I need to know exactly how many are in this army of theirs.

Let me know when you get to "Infinite Student", because then we may have problems...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, NISA really going all in with the Love Live stuff.

I assume it'll be another few months before they're allowed to finally sell S2 though?

CoinArt

All my Love Live support goes into the Weiss Schwarz card game which I'm about to spend maybe $400-800 on in June.

Whoa, friend owl, that's... you may want to reconsider that.

That could be a good amount of fine boozes. At least then you're not left with physical cardboard reminders of your poor decision-making. Or get nendoroids or something, so you can festoon your desk with plastic reminders.

Reknoc

I looked at the weiss whatever megabundle thing ami ami had and wondered what it was in real money, £500 so I closed that tab right away. Wouldn't have much use for the cards anyway and ordering from amiami always sounds like a really awkward experience.

CoinArt

I looked at the weiss whatever megabundle thing ami ami had and wondered what it was in real money, £500 so I closed that tab right away. Wouldn't have much use for the cards anyway and ordering from amiami always sounds like a really awkward experience.

I ordered most of my Madoka figmas through amiami (and they've facilitated a few other poor decisions as well over the years), and I've never had a poor experience with them. That said, you made the right decision.

GoXDS

$50 for 86 Gems
$500 = 860 gems = 17 10+1 Pulls and 27 Gems left over (including +1 Gem from full Gauge) so another 5 pulls
that's 192 pulls. 0.99^192 = 14.5% chance of 0 URs

yea, that's not a negligible chance ;D

CoinArt

Nico GET. My next pure SR will finally bump first event Kotori and her too too often triggering skill. It will be a happy day.

And despite only half-assedly playing JP, I'm on track to get Eli before the end of the event. Again I make myself a liar.

Stulaw

what even...

The student didn't even play :O.

Well, I think I'll make it to the event Card quite easily this time, and I'll have a Pure team with only one Rare and the rest being SR and UR. I really want a Smile SR/UR though, and a decent Cool SR/UR. I'm currently 17 love gems away from my next pull.

Also, does anyone get instances were the game doesn't recognise the input? I just missed out on a full combo on mermaid festa because it was late in recognising my fingers were on the lanes until too late with the beats that you hold the line on.

CoinArt

Also, does anyone get instances were the game doesn't recognise the input? I just missed out on a full combo on mermaid festa because it was late in recognising my fingers were on the lanes until too late with the beats that you hold the line on.

This used to happen to me occasionally when I was on my old Galaxy S2. Were I to hazard a guess, you're on an older Android device.

Messiah

That happened to me as well the other day.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seems to be a common thing. The worst is when it stops detecting your touch on a hold note because then you know for certain it wasn't you but the game/device.

Goes to show that buttons are still superior.

m0t0k1

Nico GET. My next pure SR will finally bump first event Kotori and her too too often triggering skill. It will be a happy day.

And despite only half-assedly playing JP, I'm on track to get Eli before the end of the event. Again I make myself a liar.

You monster you!! that SR should be in everyone's deck!!!!!

I unlocked the eri card time to go into hibernate mode until next event.

Top Bottom