• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

m0t0k1

F this game.....

uabtk.jpg
ama0q.jpg
Also got an R rin with a ticket........ after these draws i wont even bother screen capping that.

m0t0k1

Did a 10+1, got a SR Nico, I keep on getting Nico lately.

Well, that's alright, I was looking for a Cool SR/UR although I would have preferred a Smile.

You will get one next time believe!

Oh you're doing pulls? Guess I'll try too.

Oh my lord.
Combined with my last pull that's 2 Maki SR idolized.

5SR!!!!!! salt level rising........
congratz man i still don't have an idolized SR

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
5!? Well that's today's luck used up.

I've got 80 something loveca so I could pull but people are saying we should start saving for that other thing that could be introduced into the English version by 2018.

CoinArt

sigh
fuck this game
another 1 SR pull; another fucking rin

4 months to save 50 gems

why do i even bother playing this game

Condolences.

Did a 10+1, got a SR Nico, I keep on getting Nico lately.

Well, that's alright, I was looking for a Cool SR/UR although I would have preferred a Smile.

Congratulations!

Oh you're doing pulls? Guess I'll try too_Oh my lord.

Combined with my last pull that's 2 Maki SR idolized.

God damn.

EunEHFx.jpg

Messiah

I need your advice again. Should I idolize the SR right away or is it better to leave them as is if I don't have enough SR to fill my teams with them after idolizing?

Reknoc

Last pull I got 3 SRs which would seem like a good thing but they were 2 nicos (different) and a Hanayo. Just one of them would be bad but the 1, 2 combo of both made me almost cry on the bus. Didn't even get the 1 Umi R I need to idolize.

GoXDS

Last pull I got 3 SRs which would seem like a good thing but they were 2 nicos (different) and a Hanayo. Just one of them would be bad but the 1, 2 combo of both made me almost cry on the bus. Didn't even get the 1 Umi R I need to idolize.

it's ok. the Umi R Smile was the last one I needed and it took forever to get T_T

CoinArt

I need your advice again. Should I idolize the SR right away or is it better to leave them as is if I don't have enough SR to fill my teams with them after idolizing?

The optimization answer is wait until you have full SR teams. Two level 60 SRs absolutely give you a higher Smile/Pure/Cool rating than one level 80 SR + a level 60 R.

The cool kids' answer is wait until you've maxed both their bonds (to ensure that they sit towards the top of your highest bonds list) then make'em make out until they're one person. The difference to your team is relatively minor, and you get a pretty picture and a love gem for the make out answer. You also feel and look cooler.

Qurex

Neo Member
Are you getting her?

I probably will get her, I'm considering it at the moment. I really like the look of her so far, much better than that other one from a while ago.

The accessories are pretty cool, and there's a nice range in expressions.

If I do go for her I'm not sure if I want to try and get that bonus winking expression as well. I've never bought from the Good Smile Store before.

Will you be getting her yourself or are you waiting for one of the others?

I thought for sure we'd get an Umi nendo announcement. :(

No you were right. There was an announcement yesterday for a Umi Nendoroid.

I just didn't post it as my last post was quite long, so I had to split my post.

------------------------------
Friday, 13th March 2015

Web Radio µ's Public Relations Department ~NicoRinPana~ 72nd episode

The 72nd episode of Web Radio µ's Public Relations Department ~NicoRinPana~ is now available!

The 72nd episode of Nicorinpana is now available until Wednesday, 25th March 2015 11:59 AM JST [2:59 AM GMT].
The next episode will be available from Wednesday, 25th March 2015 12:00 PM JST [3:00 AM GMT].

http://hibiki-radio.jp/description/lovelive_ms - Direct links: Android/PC iPhone
http://www.onsen.ag/ - http://www.onsen.ag/program/lovelive2/

TV Schedule Change for Episode 11 of the 1st Season

Yomirui Telvision
Before: Monday, 16th March, 26:29 - 26:59
After: Monday, 16th March, 26:39 - 27:09 (delay of 10 minutes from the usual time)

On the other stations there is no change. Please note that there is no mistake.

Saturday, 14th March 2015
For the first time in the Kanda Matsuri and Love Love! Collaboration, a dedicated homepage has been opened. [「神田祭」と「ラブライブ!」のコラボレーションに先駆けて、専用HPがオープンしました。]
It will be used to inform you of mail order collaboration items, new merchandise information, and event information. [コラボレーションアイテムの通信販売及び、新商品情報、イベント情報をお知らせします。]
The date of the specially installed shop in the Kanda Myojin grounds, where limited Akihabara items can be purchased, also useful information will also be delivered so please look forward to this! [神田明神境内での特設販売所の開催日や、秋葉原限定アイテムの購入可能店舗など、便利な情報もお届けいたしますのでお楽しみに!]

http://Kandamatsurixlovelive.jp

Xarts Japan Ltd. [エクスアーツジャパン株式会社] - http://www.xarts.jp/

On the Kanda Matsuri x Love Live! homepage there are a few new pieces of merchandise. As well as several which have been shown previously.

Castella Manjuu [カステラ饅頭]
900 yen (excluding tax)
Love Live! x Kanda Matsuri Collaboration Commerative Merchandise [ラブライブ!× 神田祭 コラボ記念商品。]
With the crest of Kanda Myojin's deity, and Nozomi's face printed on the lovely castella manjuu, the sense of touch is also very light, the filling is easy to eat
the fillinf is chocoltate 神田明神の神紋と、希の顔のプリントされた可愛らしいカステラ饅頭となっており、触感も非常に軽く、中身もチョコレートの食べやすいお菓子となっています。

T-shirt [Tシャツ ]
3,00 yen (excluding tax)
Love Live! x Kanda Matsuri Collaboration Commerative Merchandise [ラブライブ!× 神田祭 コラボ記念商品。]
The members of μ’s in a lovely shrine maiden appearance make the t-shirt design [可愛らしい巫女姿のμ’sメンバーがデザインされたTシャツとなっています。]

Poster [ポスター ]
800 yen (excluding tax)
In commeration of 400 years of relocating the Kanda Matsuri, it's a collaboration poster with the 9 members of μ’s. [遷座400年の記念祭となる神田祭と、μ’sメンバー9名のコラボポスターです。]
Let's commemorate the festival! [お祭の記念にどうぞ!]

Sunday, 15th March 2015

Information of new merchandise from Good Smile Company

A serious hardworking yamato nadeshiko, Sonoda Umi wearing the costume for "Bokura wa Ima no Naka de " has been made into a Nendoroid. [真面目で努力家な大和撫子「園田海未」が、“僕らは今のなかで”の衣装でねんどろいど化。]
It is possible to reproduce a varitey of dance poses and images from the 1st opening of the TV anime. [TVアニメ1期オープニングをイメージした様々なダンスポーズの再現が可能です。]
Please enjoy in combination with other seperately sold Nendoroids, Yazawa Nico, Kousaka Honoka, Ayase Eli, Hoshizora Rin and Koizumi Hanayo ♪ [別売りのねんどろいど「矢澤にこ」「高坂穂乃果」「南ことり」「絢瀬絵里」「星空凛」「小泉花陽」と組み合わせてお楽しみください♪]
Moreover, please expect the release of more Nendoroid μ's members in the future! [また、今後リリース予定のねんどろいどμ'sメンバーにもご期待ください!]

Merchandise Information
Price: 3,500 yen (including tax)
Sale Month: Planned for July 2015
Moveable figure: non scale
Exclusive pedastal attached
Height about 100mm

Other News

Recently released promo cards for the Japanese Version of Love Live! School idol festival

Bundled with the Nicorinpana vol.4 CD.

SMILE - Yazawa Nico [Rare #540] - This card comes idolised
Max Level: 60, HP: 3
Smile: 3660, Pure: 1770, Cool: 2070
Appeal: Total Trick - For every 20 notes, there is a 36% chance of turning all greats in the next 2 seconds into perfects. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Smile Power - Increases Smile points by a bit.

Bundled with the Love Live! School idol diary ~Haru-iro Valentine ☆~ book.

Hoshizora Rin [Super Rare #541] - This card comes idolised
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 4250, Pure: 3060, Cool: 2510
Appeal: Perfect Yell - For every 15 perfects, there is a 36% chance of recovering player's HP by 1. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Smile Power - Increases Smile points by a bit.

PURE - Koizumi Hanayo [Super Rare #543] - This card comes idolised
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 2810, Pure: 4270, Cool: 2700
Appeal: Perfect Charm - For every 15 perfects, there is a 36% chance of increasing player's score by 200 points. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Pure Power - Increases Pure points by a bit.

Credits to the EN LLSIF Wiki for images.

fek

Pile (Maki) was on TV yesterday singing Evangelion's OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ope0itJHpU8

I probably will get her, I'm considering it at the moment. I really like the look of her so far, much better than that other one from a while ago.

The accessories are pretty cool, and there's a nice range in expressions.

If I do go for her I'm not sure if I want to try and get that bonus winking expression as well. I've never bought from the Good Smile Store before.

Will you be getting her yourself or are you waiting for one of the others?
I don't like figmas very much, I have 2 and was pretty disappointed with them so probably won't buy. Good Smile Store works fine for me, their shipping price is always the same and sometimes that's cheaper than other stores

redhairedking

Serious Idol Question: does anyone else hate tiny cocked hats as much as I do?

Tiny hats are great

Pile (Maki) was on TV yesterday singing Evangelion's OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ope0itJHpU8

I don't like figmas very much, I have 2 and was pretty disappointed with them so probably won't buy. Good Smile Store works fine for me, their shipping price is always the same and sometimes that's cheaper than other stores

1. Maki a best
2. I really like that Honoka figma actually, I might have to buy it.

Mashi

Neo Member
Serious Idol Question: does anyone else hate tiny cocked hats as much as I do?
I wouldn't say I hate them, but I think they look a bit silly for the most part.

I'm being contradictory now, but I think the one on Eli in the title screen looks gr8 though.

redhairedking

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope Reply to Thread

Still true to this day

(I also suffered from it, though in my case it was with single pulls only)

I had 6 gems left over so I did a single pull for the hell of it and just got an R. The despair never stops.

CoinArt

I am immensely disappointed at the tiny hat love. Next y'all'll be saying that you like the stupid frilly bunched-up-looking shorts. Bloomers, that's what they're called (Western-style bloomers, not gym shorts).

what are you doing Nico you are making Poor Fashion Decisions
you too Kotori, though I guess I wouldn't expect any better from you
Umi you get half a pass, 'cause that hat is almost real people sized
Rin, this is unacceptable, please see me after class.
a crown is a hat Nozomi. nice rules lawyering though
this is what you get for hanging out with a bad crowd, Honoka. Poor Fashion Decisions. although I guess the lack of bloomers shows that you have some shred of Fashion Morality remaining
when even the student council president can't set a Good Fashion Example, is it any wonder that Otonokizaka is shutting down?
every artist seems to agree that Maki looks too good in a skirt to bother with bloomers. the Idol Original Sin of the tiny hat is nearly ubiquitous, of course

This was a terrible use of my time when I'm already up hours later than I should be. I hope you're all happy.

Reknoc

I am immensely disappointed at the tiny hat love. Next y'all'll be saying that you like the stupid frilly bunched-up-looking shorts. Bloomers, that's what they're called (Western-style bloomers, not gym shorts).

Well...

Atelier Meruru was my first Atelier game and I came away from it with several things, mostly the knowledge that I dislike Atelier games but also a new level of "appreciation" for certain character outfits.

Rin is rocking that Tiny Hat like the goddess that she is. Not a fan of those half gloves though, Riku did it in Kingdom Hearts, just makes it look like you're wearing gloves that no longer fit. Seems like it'd be really uncomfortable.

Mashi

Neo Member
omg bloomers bother me so much too

You could wear a really beautiful, frilly dress, but NOPE, wearing frilly shorts instead!!!

Oh, something I've always wondered about the tilted hat thing, but... how do they keep them on? I would think that gravity would be enough to just pull them off people's heads, but apparently not?

Messiah

omg bloomers bother me so much too

You could wear a really beautiful, frilly dress, but NOPE, wearing frilly shorts instead!!!

Oh, something I've always wondered about the tilted hat thing, but... how do they keep them on? I would think that gravity would be enough to just pull them off people's heads, but apparently not?
They are attached to the hair with something resembling hairbands or hairpins as far as i know. How they stay in place while dancing? Anime magic.

Edit:
http://www.houseofninesdesign.com/2011/12/how-to-wear-small-hat.html
see step 3

Edit 2:
I just noticed that you can see how Maki's hat is fixated here:

Articalys

ラプライブ: Love Live.

ラプライカ: Love Laika, a duo unit from the Idolmaster Cinderella Girls anime.

Having a bit of fun with this one-kana difference: at least one store selling the Love Laika single that was just released today.

Also, I finally started playing SIF a couple days ago, only to discover that the Nexus 7's occasional multitouch failures are a death sentence on double/hold notes trying to play a rhythm game like this. Guess I'll need to wait until I get a new phone to take it seriously, since my piece of junk smartphone from 2011 doesn't have enough storage space to fit the game (and I don't think it could run it very well anyway), though I can at least keep working on idolizing at least one of each of the N characters I've got so far, since there's only a few charts where the input difficulties actually prevent me from passing them.

I haven't played any mega-popular mobile games before now, so this is my first taste of both timer AND gacha systems. I don't really mind the latter but the former is a real pain. It doesn't make the drip-feed process of unlocking all songs any easier either. Makes me wonder how long it takes, on average, for new players to catch up. No wonder they give you bonuses for clearing the same song dozens of times.

Anyway, just a mess of thoughts from someone who's not really used to this kind of structure of a game. I'm still enjoying it moreso than not, especially the notecharts that use more complex single-note patterns, but it takes some getting used to.

CoinArt

Also, I finally started playing SIF a couple days ago, only to discover that the Nexus 7's occasional multitouch failures are a death sentence on double/hold notes trying to play a rhythm game like this. Guess I'll need to wait until I get a new phone to take it seriously, since my piece of junk smartphone from 2011 doesn't have enough storage space to fit the game (and I don't think it could run it very well anyway), though I can at least keep working on idolizing at least one of each of the N characters I've got so far, since there's only a few charts where the input difficulties actually prevent me from passing them.

I haven't played any mega-popular mobile games before now, so this is my first taste of both timer AND gacha systems. I don't really mind the latter but the former is a real pain. It doesn't make the drip-feed process of unlocking all songs any easier either. Makes me wonder how long it takes, on average, for new players to catch up. No wonder they give you bonuses for clearing the same song dozens of times.

Anyway, just a mess of thoughts from someone who's not really used to this kind of structure of a game. I'm still enjoying it moreso than not, especially the notecharts that use more complex single-note patterns, but it takes some getting used to.

Welcome to Idol Hell.

Yeah, the game certainly has it's design quirks, but the stamina thing really is endemic to freemium mobile games. After a while you get into a groove where you play 2-3 songs in a row a few times a day, and it works out right nice. After a few to several weeks and one or two 10+1 draws (which the game should give you sufficient love gems for), you'll be more-or-less through the introductory phase of the game.

Enjoy the game! We generally do here.

Ah, and one question for you: how do you feel about tiny hats?

Articalys

Welcome to Idol Hell.

Yeah, the game certainly has it's design quirks, but the stamina thing really is endemic to freemium mobile games. After a while you get into a groove where you play 2-3 songs in a row a few times a day, and it works out right nice. After a few to several weeks and one or two 10+1 draws (which the game should give you sufficient love gems for), you'll be more-or-less through the introductory phase of the game.

Enjoy the game! We generally do here.

Ah, and one question for you: how do you feel about tiny hats?
100 LS in several weeks? Feels more like it would take three or four months to build up that many once the new registration bonuses stop coming and you run out of side stories. No wonder the game's profitable...
And I'll consider myself done with the introductory phase when the game stops giving me hint screens after each story chapter explaining things to me that I've already figured out on my own.

As for hats... eh, I don't think they work with every outfit, but when they're used properly, simpler is better. Shouldn't be accompanied by poofy oversized ribbons or anything like that.

Random fact: when I did my first 10-idol normal scouting, one of the cards was actually Hanayo's R53... but since that card doesn't use her anime design and I was only halfheartedly paying attention, I didn't even realize it was her until she suddenly showed up as the menu character about fifteen minutes later.

GoXDS

100 LS in several weeks? Feels more like it would take three or four months to build up that many once the new registration bonuses stop coming and you run out of side stories. No wonder the game's profitable...

it's about 2 months per 50 Love Gems if you are decently ranked in Events, including Login, excluding Birthdays

Top Bottom