• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Although you are not here anymore if you are reading this. You have awesome taste in Idols. Best idol Kotori and best normy Jennifer. <3 I am now curious in your taste in Im@s idols :p

Heh, it was a short ban. Best Im@s: Azusa, Chihaya, Takane. I've been watching some CG as well and Rin is cool - most of the cast is pretty annoying though.

m0t0k1

There's a vote and you've not been telling me!? :mad:

It was last july i think. Everybody got this Eli card.
Eli_cool_ur370_t.png
and the top 3 normies got swimming suites too. They looked like this.
626a4ff4.jpg

Found it strange we didn't get normie special cards for Christmas this year. Or did i miss that?

Heh, it was a short ban. Best Im@s: Azusa, Chihaya, Takane. I've been watching some CG as well and Rin is cool - most of the cast is pretty annoying though.

I agree with you on CG completely but normal Im@s not 100%. Replace chihaya with miki she is my favourite and we have a deal :p

GoXDS

Found it strange we didn't get normie special cards for Christmas this year. Or did i miss that?

I think they just got illustrations and never got special cards. unless you mean in JP having a second round, that got trumped by world voting event I guess

m0t0k1

ef no bro

Miki just eats and sleeps. Oh wait she's me in a world where I could afford to do that.

So how can you not love yourself :p I like all im@s though so all is okay.

I think they just got illustrations and never got special cards. unless you mean in JP having a second round, that got trumped by world voting event I guess

Yeah i ment during the vote which holiday we liked to visit or the one where they gave a Christmas Maki. Should be cool to have some extra Christmas cards. We had both in ENG now but i am mostly talking about JP since i don't play ENG anymore.

Adeptrain

Hi! So I recently started this game (Korean version, I live in South Korea and it's good practice to learn the language) and I'm having trouble understanding all the mechanics. I'm playing it in Korean and my language level isn't high yet. Honestly, I was going to give up and start an English account, but I pulled two UR with my first five pulls...soooo, I feel like I need to continue with it.

Anyway, is there a link with a faq or guide to help me out? I get most of the gameplay, it's the bonding...leveling...fusing?(combining two) and each cards different colors I'm having trouble understanding. Thanks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hi! So I recently started this game (Korean version, I live in South Korea and it's good practice to learn the language) and I'm having trouble understanding all the mechanics. I'm playing it in Korean and my language level isn't high yet. Honestly, I was going to give up and start an English account, but I pulled two UR with my first five pulls...soooo, I feel like I need to continue with it.

Anyway, is there a link with a faq or guide to help me out? I get most of the gameplay, it's the bonding...leveling...fusing?(combining two) and each cards different colors I'm having trouble understanding. Thanks.

You could always download the English version to use as a guide, but the big wiki explains all the mechanics:
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Main_Page

Basically, to level a card, you feed it other cards.
Bond affects your score in the game, so you want cards that match the color of the song (Red, Green, Blue) and also have the highest bond. Bond is earned by performing well on songs and you can see it increase at the end of a song when the little flowers fill up under each character.
Fusing is when you take two of the same card to basically increase the level cap. You should do this to all your cards because it lets you score higher in songs, but also because you will get an extra heart once you max out the bond for a character (which is only possible after you fuse them).

Incidentally, are you using Facebook to log in or that Toast login? The Korean version stopped working for me today - I get an "Unknown error" when trying to login via Facebook - and I'm not sure if that's because the servers went down for them (which has happened before) or if I just lost my account. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks Firehawk for that explaination and the guide link! I just use the Toast login and haven't had any trouble today.
Dope. Figures. I hope they didn't break the Facebook integration completely... although I'm glad I'm not playing it anymore, or I would have been really, really annoyed. lol

GoXDS

it's been over a month since the results of the world wide voting...most of the voting events get a card a month later (besides the summer UR Eli which ended April 15 and card July). maybe card after this event? I do wonder what the card type will be

fek

Nico is already Perfect Charm. it may be Rhythmical Charm or Rhythmical/Timer Yell
Promo UR Honoka is Rhythmical Charm too so we would only have the Yell skills left, which I wouldn't even bother leveling
Perfect Charm please KLab!

CoinArt

I just awoke from a dream where I pulled a Kotori SR where she was cosplaying as some character I like but can't recall any longer. I was conflicted, as I loved the picture (she had some kind of cute little braid in her hair), but her voice is a slap in the face, suitable only for starting duels.

The remainder of the dream is fading, and it was probably stupid (and I think unrelated to SIF), but the moral of the story is that we need cards of the girls cosplaying as characters from other IPs.

GoXDS

Promo UR Honoka is Rhythmical Charm too so we would only have the Yell skills left, which I wouldn't even bother leveling
Perfect Charm please KLab!

I was just counting non-Promo/money bought ones so just the attendance/event/in-game cards (including SR). otherwise, there's a LOT more and there's already repeats

fek

I was just counting non-Promo/money bought ones so just the attendance/event/in-game cards (including SR). otherwise, there's a LOT more and there's already repeats
Christmas Maki is Rhythmical Charm too. Well, as long as it's not a Yell skill it's ok.

I just awoke from a dream where I pulled a Kotori SR where she was cosplaying as some character I like but can't recall any longer. I was conflicted, as I loved the picture (she had some kind of cute little braid in her hair), but her voice is a slap in the face, suitable only for starting duels.

The remainder of the dream is fading, and it was probably stupid (and I think unrelated to SIF), but the moral of the story is that we need cards of the girls cosplaying as characters from other IPs.
That's interesting, there's collab event in other popular mobile games so it could happen here too

CoinArt

After some looking about for fanart of the girls cosplaying, I've decided I'd rather have a set of them cosplaying as each other. Or maybe just as Nico.
Nico can be a panda again or something, I don't care.

Messiah

Maki maki ma!

I was looking for footage of the episode in which the members switched their characters for a scene and i remembered that one time ehrre they all dressed like a metal band.
That episode was weird.

Mokoi

Banned
Honestly just looks like generic animu idol shit. Eh I'll watch still to see how it is, but just got the feeling it will be "phoned in" for lack of a better phrase.

CoinArt

The difference is decent characters that we care about by this point. Perhaps Sunshine will be in a similar position a year from now, but I'm defensively pessimistic.

Messiah

They should make a 3d animation series! I love their CG work.

/s

I'm cautiously optimistic for now regarding sunshine.

Also nice work on the translation CoinArt! I appreciate being enabled to understand japanese fanart, I really do.

Reknoc

Well I'm willing to give it a chance. None of them are really standing out to me yet, but I bet if I saw a similar promo shot for the original I would have felt the same. That said though; they already have a massive advantage of not having Nico or Hanayo.

The biggest problem would be with Sunrises 2nd series curse.

I'm sure Subrise will do as good a job with Love Live to Help Me Love Live as they did with Gundam Build Fighters to Build Fighters Try----

*throws up*

OvO

Himemiya

Looking like it has nothing to do with the game huh.

At least then we won't have preset favourites and give every idol's personality a chance? With 9 it's all a wash, probably. But they cute. Third blonde, dark red, and second-last blonde are the most cute.

Top Bottom