• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

CoinArt

After things get going, certainly, two months for 50 is about right, but the game gives you more at the beginning. I don't claim to have the best grasp of time, so I might be misremembering how quickly they pile up. You can certainly do your first 10+1 within the first month of free play, though, especially if a birthday is in there.

GoXDS

See, that's where I would probably have a problem.

I'm also a bit salty that since I didn't realize the game ran on the UTC clock, I just barely missed the Umi birthday bonus

nah. there's a huge leeway now. even before the increase in tier size, most players aren't active enough anyways. you just have to diligently use your LP and play as much as possible and you'll be Tier 4 at least now. and missing those 5 Gems suck )=

example 10 day event. 240 hours 1.5 hours per LP per Hard song. that's 160 plays. Token Event next so that's 16*160 = 2560 Event Pts. 2560 Tokens / 45 Tokens per Hard Event song. 56.89 songs but 57 since this excludes lvl up. let's say B Rank A Combo? minimum. that's 57*206 = 11742 Event pts plus the 2560 brings you to 14302 before factoring in Lvl ups. last Token Event's Tier 4 cutoff was 13466 pts. easy peasy? you may be tempted to drop to Tier 5 for the 3 Love Gems instead of 1 Scouting Ticket but expected returns is better with a Ticket vs 3 Love Gems (it's basically 17 Scouting tickets vs 51 Love Gems = 11 Cards so Scouting Ticket wins, too). I haven't paid attention to Event Song rankings because that's not very informative but you'll probably get 1-2 Love Gems for tiering in that (vs 3 max so not losing much). if you factor in Lvl ups (especially as a low Lvl), then you can reach 15000 pts or 18000 pts for another 1 or 2 Love Gems.

so in 1 month there's 7? Check in 2*(+ 3-5 from Event + 1-2 from event Song + Event Normal idolize + end of event added Normal idolize) + EX Event Song + 4 EX Song rotation= 24-29 Love Gems (more if you can get S Combo). or 19-25 excluding EX but you should be able to at least clear most Event songs with a healer team (asuming your phone doesn't act up =P)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I play on a Nexus 7 and while there are occasional hiccups you'll be able to FC songs. Remember if it is really screwing up that putting the display to sleep for a second will fix that all up.

elhaym

CAbBgv4WMAIl-Rm.jpg

On my bullshit, rank 39, useless account on my phone. Which also has a pure UR (sports drink) Honoka.

FML.

Also, I finally started playing SIF a couple days ago, only to discover that the Nexus 7's occasional multitouch failures are a death sentence on double/hold notes trying to play a rhythm game like this.

My Nexus 7's multitouch was so utterly terrible that it's what caused me to actually buy an iPad instead...

Articalys

nah. there's a huge leeway now. even before the increase in tier size, most players aren't active enough anyways. you just have to diligently use your LP and play as much as possible and you'll be Tier 4 at least now. and missing those 5 Gems suck )=

example 10 day event. 240 hours 1.5 hours per LP per Hard song. that's 160 plays. Token Event next so that's 16*160 = 2560 Event Pts. 2560 Tokens / 45 Tokens per Hard Event song. 56.89 songs but 57 since this excludes lvl up. let's say B Rank A Combo? minimum. that's 57*206 = 11742 Event pts plus the 2560 brings you to 14302 before factoring in Lvl ups. last Token Event's Tier 4 cutoff was 13466 pts. easy peasy? you may be tempted to drop to Tier 5 for the 3 Love Gems instead of 1 Scouting Ticket but expected returns is better with a Ticket vs 3 Love Gems (it's basically 17 Scouting tickets vs 51 Love Gems = 11 Cards so Scouting Ticket wins, too). I haven't paid attention to Event Song rankings because that's not very informative but you'll probably get 1-2 Love Gems for tiering in that (vs 3 max so not losing much). if you factor in Lvl ups (especially as a low Lvl), then you can reach 15000 pts or 18000 pts for another 1 or 2 Love Gems.

so in 1 month there's 7? Check in 2*(+ 3-5 from Event + 1-2 from event Song + Event Normal idolize + end of event added Normal idolize) + EX Event Song + 4 EX Song rotation= 24-29 Love Gems (more if you can get S Combo). or 19-25 excluding EX but you should be able to at least clear most Event songs with a healer team (asuming your phone doesn't act up =P)
iknowsomeofthesewords.jpg

But seriously, I do appreciate the help; maybe I'll understand it better once I see a Token Event for myself.

I play on a Nexus 7 and while there are occasional hiccups you'll be able to FC songs. Remember if it is really screwing up that putting the display to sleep for a second will fix that all up.
My Nexus 7's multitouch was so utterly terrible that it's what caused me to actually buy an iPad instead...
Mixed opinions on this front, huh... for what it's worth, I played a few more songs last night with hold+tap notes (though nothing terribly complex) and managed to make it through them okay. I'll take the lock->unlock advice to see if that helps for the immediate future. Maybe the severity of the issue varies by device, as with all manufacturing problems.

elhaym

Mixed opinions on this front, huh... for what it's worth, I played a few more songs last night with hold+tap notes (though nothing terribly complex) and managed to make it through them okay. I'll take the lock->unlock advice to see if that helps for the immediate future. Maybe the severity of the issue varies by device, as with all manufacturing problems.

Oh, I forgot! FWIW, my Nexus 7 had grounding issues that screwed up the multitouch unless I had a microUSB cable connected to it. It didn't need to actually be plugged into a power source or anything, but as long as a cable was connected to the socket, it worked fine.

GoXDS

iknowsomeofthesewords.jpg

But seriously, I do appreciate the help; maybe I'll understand it better once I see a Token Event for myself.

XD for more info http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Main_Page
has all the cards, past events, future (from EN's point of view) events, event info, etc

Out of curiosity, how much money did you guys put into the game?

This event's card is great. And another example that the only thing superior to tiny hats are tiny birds.

$0! I shall not enter the vortex of despair!

Himemiya

The Rin for the upcoming JP event is cute too. I might go and rank for my second favourite girl (finally).

But I decided that, outside of cases like ranking high?, I won't be getting event SRs anymore.
Eugh...a little less than $100. No more now, I'm happy with the Bow-Tie Rice money didn't buy.

m0t0k1

This event's card is great. And another example that the only thing superior to tiny hats are tiny birds.

I spent €0 on this game. Like to keep it that way. This game does not give URs anyway so no throwing money at it ;_;

I have a Rin UR but her dialogue annoyed me so much I had to change my main card to the best N - Jennifer.

Although you are not here anymore if you are reading this. You have awesome taste in Idols. Best idol Kotori and best normy Jennifer. <3 I am now curious in your taste in Im@s idols :p

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the English version is Loving Words (&#21767;&#12363;&#12425;I love you, Kuchibiru kara I love you).

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Bird" tokens.
Bird.png

The event will start on Friday, 20th March at 9:00 AM UTC and end on Tuesday, 31st March at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Cool Super Rare Card, Minami Kotori (Birdwatching Ver.) [Super Rare #274]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 3740, PUre: 3670, Cool: 4670
Appeal: Beautiful Birds - For every 25 hit combo string, there is a 34% chance of increasing player's score by 450 points. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Cool Heart - Increases Cool points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Smile Card, Shitara Fumi [Normal #273]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 2
Smile: 2450, Pure: 1080, Cool: 610
Appeal: None
Center Skill: None

The event song is "UNBALANCED LOVE".
This song is track 2 from Printemps' second single, Pure girls project. It is sung by µ's sub-unit Printemps, consisting of Kousaka Honoka, Koizumi Hanayo and Minami Kotori. It was released on August 21, 2013.

Here is the note distribution for the song:
0pFnO5W.png

From Saturday, 28th March, 12 AM UTC, until the end of the event, the following specials will be run.

4x version of the event song, it costs 4x the tokens but you get 4x the points (Easy - 60, Normal - 120, Hard - 180).
Expert Event song, a higher difficulty version of the event song which costs 75 tokens.
Randomised Notes Expert Event song, the same as the Expert Event song as above, except the notes are randomised!
None of these above versions count towards the Event Song Ranking.

There will also be extra bonus G from select songs. 150% for Normal and 200% for Hard. Eligible songs change daily.

Countdown for the start of the English event on Friday, 20th March at 9:00 AM UTC.
t1426842000z0.png

The next event for the Japanese Version is &#35211;&#12388;&#12417;&#12390;&#12356;&#12383;&#12356;&#12398;&#27598;&#26085;&#12354;&#12394;&#12383;&#12434; (Mitsumete Itai no Mainichi Anata wo, lit. I want to gaze at you every day)

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Ball" tokens. [&#12508;&#12540;&#12523;].

The event will start on Friday, 20th March at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] and end on Tuesday, 31st March at 3:00 PM JST [6:00 AM UTC].

The main reward for this event is a Super Rare Card, Hoshizora Rin (Catcher Ver.) (SR &#26143;&#31354;&#20955;[&#12461;&#12515;&#12483;&#12481;&#12508;&#12540;&#12523;&#32232;]).
The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown, please refer to the rewards list when the event has commmenced.

The event song is "&#12405;&#12383;&#12426;&#12495;&#12500;&#12493;&#12473; (Futari Happiness, lit. Our Happiness)".
This song is track 2 on lily white's third single, Aki no Anata no Sora Tooku (&#31179;&#12398;&#12354;&#12394;&#12383;&#12398;&#31354;&#36960;&#12367;, lit. The Faraway Sky with You in Autumn ). It is sung by µ's sub-unit lily white, consisting of Sonoda Umi, Hoshizora Rin and Toujou Nozomi. It was released on November 26, 2014.

From Friday, 27th March until the end of the event, a 4x version of the event song as well as two EX versions (regular + randomized) will be available to play.
From Saturday, 28th March, until the end of the event, certain stages (changes daily) will give extra gold rewards (1.5x for NORMAL, 2x for HARD, 3x for EXPERT).

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event on Friday, 20th March at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC].
t1426834800z0.png

Credits to the English LLSIF Wiki for some of the pics and info.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

&#12521;&#12503;&#12521;&#12452;&#12502;: Love Live.

&#12521;&#12502;&#12521;&#12452;&#12459;: Love Laika, a duo unit from the Idolmaster Cinderella Girls anime.

Having a bit of fun with this one-kana difference: at least one store selling the Love Laika single that was just released today.

&#12521;&#12503;&#12521;&#12452;&#12502; - Rapu Raibu - you typed the wrong character =p

Speaking of one kana differences. The event token this time is: &#12508;&#12540;&#12523; - boru - ball. You can change the first one and you can get &#12509;&#12540;&#12523; - poru - Paul

Also, welcome to the thread.

CoinArt

If my memory serves, I've put in $60 plus another $15 in google survey bucks. I don't think I'll be spending any more real money, but I don't regret what I've already thrown at it.

It's good to know that at least we can agree that birds make good accessories.

Kumubou

$0 -- I'm too goddamn cheap and I think the investment you get out of spending a little is just awful. You can drop nearly $100 and get complete air out of your draws. I guess it's not so bad if you're spending a few loveca to get the 2x SR cards, but still. It's the sort of game where you spend either nothing or a ton of money on.

Articalys

Okay, yeah, actually I don't think I can deal with the timer mechanics + the ridiculously slow song unlocking process in this game. Instead of the stone microtransactions, if there were instant song pack unlocks or something like that I'd probably buy those. As it is now, I'm going to get bored to tears in-between the stretches of not having anything new to play.

Well, the game was worth a try at least. Oh well.

GrandHusk

Okay, yeah, actually I don't think I can deal with the timer mechanics + the ridiculously slow song unlocking process in this game. Instead of the stone microtransactions, if there were instant song pack unlocks or something like that I'd probably buy those. As it is now, I'm going to get bored to tears in-between the stretches of not having anything new to play.

Well, the game was worth a try at least. Oh well.
It was nice while it lasted

elhaym

Eli's and Maki's poses are the most awkward things. If you're in private, stand up and give that bent-forward, knees-together-and-bent stance a shot. Awkward.

And look at Hanayo trying to throw a sieg heil

I gotta be honest, Nozomi looks downright psychotic there too...

Mokoi

Banned
Rin's costume colors make me nauseous. Nozo legs are oddly placed, and does indeed look psychotic. Umi da best. Costumes r cool. All of them should of just had that arms crossed head back pose that is all the rage.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wouldn't mind nendo petites based on those costumes. The recent ones are a bit boring because they're almost all the same colour. Same with the standard nendos. Guess one could chase down the petites that came with the Vita titles since that outfit consists of their image colours.

Yaari

Don't like her face too much. The poses don't bother me. When you get all of them there has to be some variety, or it will look dull.

I'm probably sticking to the Alter line.

Mokoi

Banned
Overall I would say about $600.
Lol dissing the one that gained the most votes worldwide (how did that even happen again...)?
SACRIFICES WERE MADE
Oh God baseball Rin.
Great idea for a card, but the execution is turrible. Stupid hat doesn't make sense, and tried to be too fancy with the design. Just comes out bad.

Yaari

You guys are right about the bears little santa hat. But in his defense, the little guy ain't too big himself. In his world, that hat is probably very reasonable sized.

Thanks for the photoshop CoinArt. Those are some legit skills. I might be using that in the near future.

PS: Qurex mentioned Love Live Sunshine, but I've got no idea what it is, and I can't find what it is either. Is it known yet, or is there no more than a teaser image?

m0t0k1

You guys are right about the bears little santa hat. But in his defense, the little guy ain't too big himself. In his world, that hat is probably very reasonable sized.

Thanks for the photoshop CoinArt. Those are some legit skills. I might be using that in the near future.

PS: Qurex mentioned Love Live Sunshine, but I've got no idea what it is, and I can't find what it is either. Is it known yet, or is there no more than a teaser image?

Only thing i know about it that it is a upcoming project after the movie. Dengeki has teased that picuture in its march issue.
SunShines.jpg

Maybe they are going to make a side project with the normies. Speculation around the internet is that she looks like Kasane Hasekura. She is the most popular normy.
f1cffa45-s.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How do they even rank the popularity of normies. No one uses them except newbies and people like me who like to hide that they do have URs and SRs during score matches.

Also Coco belongs at the bottom forever.

m0t0k1

How do they even rank the popularity of normies. No one uses them except newbies and people like me who like to hide that they do have URs and SRs during score matches.

Also Coco belongs at the bottom forever.

Well it was the latest vote for the special swimming suites along with the Eli UR last summer. It was the last vote they did for special cards. So there must be some kind of favouritism towards them. I always vote Jennifer just because she is my favourite normie. That is only judged by Looks since they didn't really have a lot of character development.

Stulaw

Dammit, there's Smile attribute scouting on at the moment, and I only have 10 love gems, I don't want to waste them on single pulls though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well it was the latest vote for the special swimming suites along with the Eli UR last summer. It was the last vote they did for special cards. So there must be some kind of favouritism towards them. I always vote Jennifer just because she is my favourite normie. That is only judged by Looks since they didn't really have a lot of character development.
There's a vote and you've not been telling me!? :mad:

Top Bottom