• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

So I lied earlier, I'm still playing the game. Though I did realize several things in the process:
- The amount of resources to progress in actual gameplay content (exp to rank up to unlock new songs) is always growing at a steady pace, but your own ability to acquire those resources actually plateaus; even in the most absurd hypothetical case, with infinite LP playing EX songs nonstop, there's a hard limit on the amount of exp you can ever earn daily no matter how long you've played or what rank you are, causing the gaps between new content to constantly increase. Of course, on a more realistic scale, you hit 0 LP much more frequently, but the recharge time never changes, so those content gaps are far more visible.
- You can play for full combos whenever you want, but you can't really play for high score purely on skill since not only is your max potential score always different depending on your team composition, the S Score target is a fixed value that can be completely out of reach if your team is weak enough.
- Never look at overall event rankings, ever. Since the only things that matter are your own EP and song score, neither of which the other players' rankings can affect, you should just focus on maximizing your own score and EP efficiency. And speaking of which...
- If you're like me, and you need sleep and can't bring the game with you wherever you go, and your max LP is still low enough (recharges from 0 to full in only about four hours), and you refuse to fork over any money or burn LS to keep playing faster, then you can forget about earning the SR event card since you'll never have enough time to earn enough points for it either way.
- How damn rare are some of these N girls? I've still got five or six unidolized even after a couple dozen full rounds of normal scouting. And with those same draws I've somehow accumulated four more of the starter Honoka.

A lot of this is probably "well, duh" for people who have been playing the game longer and has been stated before elsewhere.

On the other hand, the complementary honor draw ticket that I got when I first registered gave me SR Maki #99, with a decently powerful Trick skill, which has been useful. And, y'know, the core gameplay is free, after all. Thankfully I'm not the kind of person that needs all the cards. Just gotta have patience -- and lots of it -- to get all the songs.

I do sort of wonder how much profit Bushiroad is making on this in the end.

Consider this all an over-analysis from someone who likes Love Live, but dislikes the mobile gaming F2P trends.

Reknoc

I have no hard numbers but it's probably safe to assume bushiroad are making "mad bank" the game is constantly in the top 10 grossing games on the Japanese App Store and that's just one region and platform.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I lied earlier, I'm still playing the game. Though I did realize several things in the process:
- The amount of resources to progress in actual gameplay content (exp to rank up to unlock new songs) is always growing at a steady pace, but your own ability to acquire those resources actually plateaus; even in the most absurd hypothetical case, with infinite LP playing EX songs nonstop, there's a hard limit on the amount of exp you can ever earn daily no matter how long you've played or what rank you are, causing the gaps between new content to constantly increase. Of course, on a more realistic scale, you hit 0 LP much more frequently, but the recharge time never changes, so those content gaps are far more visible.
- You can play for full combos whenever you want, but you can't really play for high score purely on skill since not only is your max potential score always different depending on your team composition, the S Score target is a fixed value that can be completely out of reach if your team is weak enough.
- Never look at overall event rankings, ever. Since the only things that matter are your own EP and song score, neither of which the other players' rankings can affect, you should just focus on maximizing your own score and EP efficiency. And speaking of which...
- If you're like me, and you need sleep and can't bring the game with you wherever you go, and your max LP is still low enough (recharges from 0 to full in only about four hours), and you refuse to fork over any money or burn LS to keep playing faster, then you can forget about earning the SR event card since you'll never have enough time to earn enough points for it either way.
- How damn rare are some of these N girls? I've still got five or six unidolized even after a couple dozen full rounds of normal scouting. And with those same draws I've somehow accumulated four more of the starter Honoka.

A lot of this is probably "well, duh" for people who have been playing the game longer and has been stated before elsewhere.

On the other hand, the complementary honor draw ticket that I got when I first registered gave me SR Maki #99, with a decently powerful Trick skill, which has been useful. And, y'know, the core gameplay is free, after all. Thankfully I'm not the kind of person that needs all the cards. Just gotta have patience -- and lots of it -- to get all the songs.

I do sort of wonder how much profit Bushiroad is making on this in the end.

Consider this all an over-analysis from someone who likes Love Live, but dislikes the mobile gaming F2P trends.

The thing about the stamina is true up until you reach level 100, at which point you have 75 stamina and basically can leave it unattended for 8 hours or so. It also gives you 3 plays.

The other thing is that klab halved all the experience requirements in the Japanese version of the game, so you reach level 100 twice as fast. Of course, they haven't done that to the US game, so... yeah.

But I can understand the frustration if you are starting now. If you started when the game launched, everyone basically had the exact same ramp, so it seemed somewhat balanced. Now you are basically constantly behind.

Getting the normals, like getting a UR, is really RNG based. In the TW version I have 200k Friend Points because I get the new normals after one or two draws. In the JP version, I spent 20k FP last time and still didn't get the new normal. It's a bit worse in the JP version because of the introduction of the Medley mode, which makes earning FP much slower than it used to be (since you basically are given 8k+ FP during token events).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
75LP will last you 7.5 hours. It takes 6 minutes to recharge 1LP so you can basically just divide by 10 to work out how long it will take. ;)

Articalys

1) The thing about the stamina is true up until you reach level 100, at which point you have 75 stamina and basically can leave it unattended for 8 hours or so. It also gives you 3 plays.

2) The other thing is that klab halved all the experience requirements in the Japanese version of the game, so you reach level 100 twice as fast. Of course, they haven't done that to the US game, so... yeah.

3) But I can understand the frustration if you are starting now. If you started when the game launched, everyone basically had the exact same ramp, so it seemed somewhat balanced. Now you are basically constantly behind.

4) Getting the normals, like getting a UR, is really RNG based. In the TW version I have 200k Friend Points because I get the new normals after one or two draws. In the JP version, I spent 20k FP last time and still didn't get the new normal. It's a bit worse in the JP version because of the introduction of the Medley mode, which makes earning FP much slower than it used to be (since you basically are given 8k+ FP during token events).
1) Yeah, that's something I kind of glossed over / omitted in my initial argument. Once your max is high enough, you no longer have to worry about "wasted potential" LP... well, aside from the micromanagement once you get close to a level up. Though as I noted, since recharge time stays the same you still have dead time if you refuse to open up your wallet. Also, I'm not quite good enough yet to go full EX, so 15-LP milestones are more important to me than 25s.

2) Well, not much we can do about that.

3) The core mechanics are the same as they've been from day one, though (except for the aforementioned exp boost for JP), aren't they? And it's not like "balance" matters for solo progression.
Hmm, now that I look at the actual unlock levels, it's several ranks from song to song initially, but it seems that around level 56 things settle into an every-two-levels pattern, and at level 100 to an every level pattern, so I guess they are accounting for the increased exp requirements. A little bit.

4) I mean I was wondering if certain N are actually rarer than others. Sounds like there's just a large pool of them in general, though it feels like there's a small group of super-commons that are used for post-song drops. And I understand that the majority of posters in this thread are veterans of the game, but still, to say that token events "basically give" you several thousand FP is a bit presumptuous, since to get that many you need a preposterous amount of EP and a team strong enough to S-Rank the EX event song (though the former probably follows easily from the latter).

GoXDS

1. well, I guess your complaint before was that it takes a while to reach the newest content, which is true. however, even with the plateauing, you will pass the current rate at some pt. I started in Sept and caught up by Nov? and by now, I'm way past current release rate since 2 per month is really slow. even at Rank 120, I rank up minimum 8 per month while songs release 1 per 2 lvls
2. yea, as I mentioned before when I explained the Event pts, doesn't matter too much in the end how well you rank against others. there's not much you can do if you're 100% free. if you want just event SR, that's 12k pts in 10 days, 1200 a day. that's very roughly 20.25 hours worth of LP per day needed excluding lvl ups. but going to next pt
3. you do waste more energy at lower lvls but you also rank up more easily, which is bonus. say you're rank 30, that's 40 LP total. within 1 event period, that's easily 5 lvl ups, so you gain 200 LP per event. if we recalculate, you only need to spend 15 hours worth of LP a day
4. previous event N are rarer. but just don't fret over it too much and you'll get all of them eventually. it took me 3 months to find this one Normal which wasn't even an Event one >_>. after I got it, I'm getting tons of them. same for R. couldn't get Smile R Umi for the longest time. just like you'll eventually catch up to content, you'll eventually get all the Normals so it's probably better to just not worry about that for now.

and it's ok to "overanalyze". you can tell from all this math that I do that I do it, too ^^;
but I will say that I think starting out is the hardest part of the game. especially if you start during Score Match events (I dislike this event by principle since it gives newer players huge disadvantages). anyways glad to see you're still with us

firehawk12

Subete no aware
3) The core mechanics are the same as they've been from day one, though (except for the aforementioned exp boost for JP), aren't they? And it's not like "balance" matters for solo progression.
Hmm, now that I look at the actual unlock levels, it's several ranks from song to song initially, but it seems that around level 56 things settle into an every-two-levels pattern, and at level 100 to an every level pattern, so I guess they are accounting for the increased exp requirements. A little bit.

4) I mean I was wondering if certain N are actually rarer than others. Sounds like there's just a large pool of them in general, though it feels like there's a small group of super-commons that are used for post-song drops. And I understand that the majority of posters in this thread are veterans of the game, but still, to say that token events "basically give" you several thousand FP is a bit presumptuous, since to get that many you need a preposterous amount of EP and a team strong enough to S-Rank the EX event song (though the former probably follows easily from the latter).
Balance matters in as much as it affects how much you spend if you are going for the high ranks, since refilling your LP is more cost effective at higher levels. Also, being overlevelled means instant access to the songs.

For the normals, there are the original 20-something cards that are the commons, and then the new ones they add after every event. I really don't know if there's anything that governs which ones come up - like if there is bias towards newer ones - but it doesn't really seem like it.

And I suppose new players can't always get the S-rank in score, but you should be able to get the S-rank in combo. With the event song, the new EX songs, and the 4x/EX version of the event song, you can get quite a few FP. When you "catch up" and get all the normals, you have no real reason to do draws any more, and that's when you start stockpiling them up.

Articalys

Yeah, I was being lazy and didn't really run the numbers on leveling up with consideration to the rate of new song releases, so that probably is a thing that eventually goes away completely... somewhere really far down the line for me, seeing as the newest song is at level 90 for the ENG version, and as soon as this event ends a new one goes up at level 92.

As far as balance, I thought we were just talking about unlocking stuff; of course people who have been around longer are going to have stronger teams and more LP/LS supply for events. Or are you implying that even getting into a certain tier of event ranking category necessitates the use of burning LS to play nonstop? Are there people that stockpile tokens the whole time and wait until the last few days to 4XEX endlessly, trying to "snipe" the rankings like winning an eBay auction at the last minute?

And again, I really don't trust myself with being able to S-anything on EX right now; there are still some of the dailies that I can't pass on Hard.

GoXDS

As far as balance, I thought we were just talking about unlocking stuff; of course people who have been around longer are going to have stronger teams and more LP/LS supply for events. Or are you implying that even getting into a certain tier of event ranking category necessitates the use of burning LS to play nonstop? Are there people that stockpile tokens the whole time and wait until the last few days to4XEX endlessly, trying to "snipe" the rankings like winning an eBay auction at the last minute?

And again, I really don't trust myself with being able to S-anything on EX right now; there are still some of the dailies that I can't pass on Hard.

sticking to Hard is fine. EX is only a slight improvement in scores, not more than 1000 event pts by the end. low Ranks do have the advantage of more lvl ups so the total LP used in an event is balanced if not advantageous for low lvls (see rankings for ~3500 and you'll see decent number of rank 40~60). obviously Tier 2 is out of the question as a free player. however, below Tier 2, you don't even have to rank well anymore. you're only losing out on 1 or 2 Love Gems, which honestly isn't much. for example, in Event Ranking, Scouting Ticket is top 14000 (better than top 29000's 3 Love Gems). right now, top 14000 is 8896 pts. even if you do miss out on it, you most likely missed out on just a R so nbd. for Event Song Ranking, you don't lose out on much, just a few Love Gems, for scoring poorly because of weak teams.

when I started, I was able to get a Scouting Ticket every single event without spending any Love Gems on the event.

Yaari

I hardly play anymore at all, and I still have a spare JP account I'd like to give to anyone that will actually use it. I had to factory the reset the device it was on so it might get lost soon if I don't find someone for it this time.

It's a pretty good account. Rank 58, recommended if you like Nozomi and Umi.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I hardly play anymore at all, and I still have a spare JP account I'd like to give to anyone that will actually use it. I had to factory the reset the device it was on so it might get lost soon if I don't find someone for it this time.

It's a pretty good account. Rank 58, recommended if you like Nozomi and Umi.
You could just save the code?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sticking to Hard is fine. EX is only a slight improvement in scores, not more than 1000 event pts by the end. low Ranks do have the advantage of more lvl ups so the total LP used in an event is balanced if not advantageous for low lvls (see rankings for ~3500 and you'll see decent number of rank 40~60). obviously Tier 2 is out of the question as a free player. however, below Tier 2, you don't even have to rank well anymore. you're only losing out on 1 or 2 Love Gems, which honestly isn't much. for example, in Event Ranking, Scouting Ticket is top 14000 (better than top 29000's 3 Love Gems). right now, top 14000 is 8896 pts. even if you do miss out on it, you most likely missed out on just a R so nbd. for Event Song Ranking, you don't lose out on much, just a few Love Gems, for scoring poorly because of weak teams.

when I started, I was able to get a Scouting Ticket every single event without spending any Love Gems on the event.
Yeah, I'm specifically referring to getting the second SR. Most players stop after getting the first SR and don't worry about playing any more.

Yeah, I was being lazy and didn't really run the numbers on leveling up with consideration to the rate of new song releases, so that probably is a thing that eventually goes away completely... somewhere really far down the line for me, seeing as the newest song is at level 90 for the ENG version, and as soon as this event ends a new one goes up at level 92.

As far as balance, I thought we were just talking about unlocking stuff; of course people who have been around longer are going to have stronger teams and more LP/LS supply for events. Or are you implying that even getting into a certain tier of event ranking category necessitates the use of burning LS to play nonstop? Are there people that stockpile tokens the whole time and wait until the last few days to4XEX endlessly, trying to "snipe" the rankings like winning an eBay auction at the last minute?

I never thought I'd be able to FC the normal EX songs, but with practice and the assist cards that you'll hopefully get more of soon, it becomes fairly trivial.

And I sniped my way into the second tier in the TW version at the last event, so it can happen. It was so damn close.

GoXDS

Yeah, I'm specifically referring to getting the second SR. Most players stop after getting the first SR and don't worry about playing any more.

yea but 2nd SR is basically impossible for anyone not spending some Love Gems, regardless of whether a person has been playing a while or not. and for a new player, not sure how worth it it is to spend Love Gems on events since that means less Love Gems for 10+1, which can potentially get you multiple SR or an UR which the new player desperately needs to get S Rank on Hard/EX (and maybe S Combo by getting those Perfect makers if songs prove a little tricky). less SRs means weaker teams = lower ranks/combo = less FP/Love Gems from song bonuses = less pulls = even less Love Gems

Hachitora

Looks like I missed some interesting stuff while I was gone. That Sunshine pic looks a little less exciting than I was hoping for, but I'll wait to judge until I actually watch an episode or two of it.
iKBLQxU.png
73UM1Zk.jpg
I have just died and arrived in heaven

Edit: Just checked out the samples for the new single. I'm really liking Super LOVE=Super LIVE. I find it pretty catchy

Articalys

By "first" you mean the event-point based SR and by "second" the Ranking Tier 2 SR, right?

--------------------

So, uh, if anyone can recall back to their early days with the game, what did most of you do with the Normals after idolizing and kizuna-ing them? Should I hang onto them until I've max-leveled everything else I have R or above then start leveling the Normals, or vice-versa and use the leveled Normals as exp for the rarer cards? Bordering on the edge of my list capacity right now, barely enough room to do a 10+1 draw.

Messiah

By "first" you mean the event-point based SR and by "second" the Ranking Tier 2 SR, right?

--------------------

So, uh, if anyone can recall back to their early days with the game, what did most of you do with the Normals after idolizing and kizuna-ing them? Should I hang onto them until I've max-leveled everything else I have R or above then start leveling the Normals, or vice-versa and use the leveled Normals as exp for the rarer cards? Bordering on the edge of my list capacity right now, barely enough room to do a 10+1 draw.

I just sacrifice the Normals as soon as I get the lovegems from maximizing their bond. Even so I run out of space for new members soon.

GoXDS

--------------------

yes 2nd SR means Tier 2
max Lvl them, too. you get Bonuses for # of max lvl chars (more space first then Love gems later). after you're done, feed them to each other to lvl up more Normals/R/SR. also, if you gain too many cards, they get sent to Present Box and can be stored there for 60 days. also there's only 73 Normals. that should be less than the slots you have, no?

Articalys

yes 2nd SR means Tier 2
max Lvl them, too. you get Bonuses for # of max lvl chars (more space first then Love gems later). after you're done, feed them to each other to lvl up more Normals/R/SR. also, if you gain too many cards, they get sent to Present Box and can be stored there for 60 days. also there's only 73 Normals. that should be less than the slots you have, no?
Beyond my 2 SR (from my signup ticket and the one time I did a guaranteed 11-draw between events) I've been quite lucky with Normal Scouting: I have 19 R (two of which are dupes that I can't decide to use for skill boost or keep since I don't have nine stronger in their colors). Add that to my 69 N (of which only 7 are unidolized) for a total of 90, with capacity currently at 102, so yeah.

I was previously pouring nearly all of my spare Ns into leveling the u's members, but for the next while I guess I'll focus on maxing the idolized Ns and feed the max Ns to the Rares.

Don't think you get more member space for maxing levels though? Isn't it only by increasing your unique card count?

GoXDS

Beyond my 2 SR (from my signup ticket and the one time I did a guaranteed 11-draw between events) I've been quite lucky with Normal Scouting: I have 19 R (two of which are dupes that I can't decide to use for skill boost or keep since I don't have nine stronger in their colors). Add that to my 69 N (of which only 7 are unidolized) for a total of 90, with capacity currently at 102, so yeah.

I was previously pouring nearly all of my spare Ns into leveling the u's members, but for the next while I guess I'll focus on maxing the idolized Ns and feed the max Ns to the Rares.

Don't think you get more member space for maxing levels though? Isn't it only by increasing your unique card count?

I remember Max Lvl/Bond bonuses were something else. at higher counts it's Love Gem but what was it for lower counts? or was it something else...I don't remember
are those R idolized?

It's been so long since I did the 45LP Max calculations. But you can basically miss about five hours a day (meaning sleep for nine hours a night uninterrupted) and still easily get the event SR.

Articalys

I remember Max Lvl/Bond bonuses were something else. at higher counts it's Love Gem but what was it for lower counts? or was it something else...I don't remember
are those R idolized?
Like, five or them or so.
It's been so long since I did the 45LP Max calculations. But you can basically miss about five hours a day (meaning sleep for nine hours a night uninterrupted) and still easily get the event SR.
Thing is I wasn't playing optimally for the first two or three days, at all, so I still might fall just short of even the 12000 EP one.

Messiah

A random option for picking a song would be great. I can't decide which one I should play ...

if you want efficiency, EX or if too hard Daily songs. since those give you Love Gems after a certain number of plays and for S Rank in Combo (and 1 Love Gem on first clear)
Thanks, but I don't really play that efficient anyway. I just play songs that I feel like listening most of the time. Just thougt it would be a nice feature.

GoXDS

A random option for picking a song would be great. I can't decide which one I should play ...

if you want efficiency, EX or if too hard Daily songs. since those give you Love Gems after a certain number of plays and for S Rank in Combo (and 1 Love Gem on first clear)

Like, five or them or so.

Thing is I wasn't playing optimally for the first two or three days, at all, so I still might fall just short of even the 12000 EP one.

what are you at now? and current max LP and exp

Qurex

Neo Member
Wednesday, 17th March 2015

Information about new Love Live! Weiss Schwarz Cards

Famous scenes are reproduced on your stage! [君の舞台で名場面が再現される!]
The new generation of Entertainment Card Games.... that is Weiss Schwarz!! [新世代のエンタメカードゲーム……それが“ヴァイスシュヴァルツ”!!]
New Weiss Schwarz trial deck and booster packs will be sold! [ヴァイスシュヴァルツから新たにトライアルデッキとブースターパックが発売決定!]
Weiss Schwarz Trial Deck Love Live! feat. School idol festival
Release Date: Saturday, 13th June 2015
1 set - 1,238 yen + tax
1 box (contains 6 sets) - 7,428 yen + tax
Constructed deck contains 50 cards (deck contents are fixed) [カード50枚入り構築済みデッキ(デッキ内容は固定)]
A Quick Manual, a Deck Handbook, a Play Book and a Play Mat are inclulded. [クイックマニュアル・デッキ解説書・プレイブック・プレイマット同梱]

Weiss Schwarz Booster Pack Love Live! feat. School idol festival Vol. 2
Release Date: Saturday, 13th June 2015
1 pack (contains 8 cards) - RRP 314 yen + tax
1 box (contains 20 booster packs) - 6,280 yen + tax
Box Special Bonus

Serial codes for Rare (R) cards for Love Live! School idol festival. [「ラブライブ!スクールアイドルフェスティバル」のRカード(先行配信)のシリアルコードを封入!]
There are 9 cards, 3 are enclosed at random. [Rカードは9種あり、そのうち3種ずつがランダムで封入されます。]
The illustrations used will be from the anime movie "Love Live" The School Idol Movie"! [劇場版アニメ「ラブライブ!The School Idol Movie」のイラストを使用!]

Detailed information about Weiss Schwarz is here! http://ws-tcg.com/

Information of Early Sale of Kanda Matsuri Collaboration Goods

From Xarts Japan at AnimeJapan2015 there will be early sales of Kanda Matsuri x Love Live! merchandise at the booth.

Love Live! Goods Set
Event Price: 5,000 yen (including tax)
Set Contents: Kanda Matsuri Collab. Poster, Castella Manjuu, Rubber Strap (9 Types)
all inside a special paper bag. [セット内容:神田祭コラボポスター、カステラ饅頭、ラバーストラップ(9種)、専用紙袋入]

Kanda Matsuri Collab. T-Shirt
Event Price: 3,000 yen (including tax)
Size: M, L, XL

Kanda Matsuri Collab. Makie Seal
Event Price: 500 yen (including tax)
Regular Price: 500 yen (excluding tax)

Kanda Maturi Collab. Deka Strap
Event Price:1500 yen (including tax)
Regular Price: 1500 yen (excluding tax)

The merchandise mentioned above is scheduled to go on sale later on a specially created mail order site.

Kanda Matsuri x Love Live! Official Site - http://kandamatsurixlovelive.jp/
Sales Agency - Xarts Japan - http://www.xarts.jp/

Information of new Love Live! merchandise from Bushiroad!

Love Live! Scrunchie [ラブライブ!シュシュ]
Scunchies in the colour of the school year ribbons of Otonokizaka Academy. [音ノ木坂学院の学年カラーリボンをイメージしたシュシュです。]
3 types: 1st years, 2nd years, 3rd years
Price: 450 yen + tax

Love Live! Flake Seal [ラブライブ!フレークシール]
Specifically drawn SD illustrations of the members from the popular Love Live! School idol festival motif made into pretty seals! [ラブライブ!スクールアイドルフェスティバルで人気描き下ろしイラストのSDメンバーやモチーフなどがかわいいシールになりました!]
Price: 300 yen + tax

Love Live! Masking Tape [ラブライブ!マスキングテープ]
Love Live! School idol festival popular specifically drawn illustrations SD members motif cute made into pretty seals! animal versions
Price: 350 yen + tax
Early Sale: Friday, 20th March 2015 Lawson stores nationwide will be sold early. For details please see the Lawson homepage [【先行販売】2015年03月20日 全国のローソンにて先行販売いたします。 取り扱い店舗など、詳しくはローソンHPをご覧ください]

General Release Date: End of April 2015

The image is an image it might differ from the actual product. [※画像はイメージです。実際の商品と異なる場合がございます。]
HiBiKi EC SHOP! Mail Order (http://hibiki-ec.shop-pro.jp/), for others handling is scheduled by anime goods store. [※HiBiKi EC SHOP!通信販売他、アニメグッズお取扱店にて取り扱い予定です。]

----------------
Wednesday, 18th March 2015

Information of merchandise from Banpresto

1st Lot Love Live! ~Kyun-Kyun Sensation!~ [『一番くじ ラブライブ!〜Kyun-Kyun Sensation!〜』]
Regarding the exchange for the K-Prize Wristwatch.

From Saturday, 21st March 2015, the 1st Lot Love Live! ~Kyun-Kyun Sensation!~ is scheduled to be released. [2015年3月21日(土)より順次発売予定『一番くじ ラブライブ!〜Kyun-Kyun Sensation!〜』]
Due to the delay in production of the K-Prize Wristwatch, later in a lot of stores, it has been decided that store will give out winning lottery ticket (with the award name listed on the surface) as the method of substituting the K-Prize. [K賞 腕時計の生産遅延により、多くの店舗にて後日、「当選したくじ券(等賞名記載面)」とK賞を引き換えする方法をお願いすることとなりました。]
We sincerely apologise to our customers for this great trouble and inconvenience. [お客様には多大なるご迷惑とご不便をおかけいたしますことを心よりお詫び申し上げます。]
In regards to the schedule for the exchange of the K-Prize substitution is as follows. [購入店舗でのK賞引き換えのスケジュールにつきましては、以下の通りとなっております。
It is not possible to exchange except at the purchase store [※購入店舗以外での商品の引き換えはできません]
Because the schedule of the exchange period is arranged to the last, it is likely to change without previous notice. [引き換え期限のスケジュールはあくまでも予定ですので予告なく変更する場合があります。]
It is possible to choose your favourite type of the K-Prize. However, there is a possibilty that stock may have run out when exchanging for the prize. Please acknowledge this. [K賞はお好きな種類をお選びいただけます。ただし、K賞引き換え時にご希望の商品が品切れの場合があります。ご了承ください。]

1st Lot Love Live! ~Kyun-Kyun Sensation!~ merchandise introduction site
PC: http://1kuji.bpnavi.jp/item/949
Mobile: http://bpnavi.jp/t/lovelive4
----------------
Thursday, 19th March 2015

Information of new merchandise from T-ZONE

The 256dot representation goods series 256tan (Nigoro). [256dotで表現するグッズシリーズ256(にごろ)たん。]
The new costumes of the μ’s members into rubber lamé it's the 2nd series. [新たな衣装のμ’sメンバーのラメ入りラバー第2弾です。]

Dot Trading Rubber Strap 256tan "Love Live! - Bokura ha Ima no Naka de -"
Price: 500 yen (excluding tax)
Release Date: scheduled for the end of May
Types: 9 types + 1 secret type

Information of new merchandise from Sega Prize

Love Live! Premium Figures "3rd Years - No brand girls-"
Extremely popular! The No Brand girls series have had their poses changed and appear once again! [大好評!「No brand girls」シリーズがポーズを変更して再び登場!]
The three 3rd years will be released in April, followed by the three 2nd Years in May. [4月には3年生の3人が登場!続けて、5月には2年生の3人が登場します。]
Number of types: 3 types
Size: total height about 20cm.
Release Date: Scheduled to release nationwide in game centers from mid-April.
The wonderful assortment of the three 1st Years. Love Live! Premium Figures "1st Years - No brand girls-" have appeared in game centers nationwide. [1年生メンバー3人の豪華アソート「ラブライブ! プレミアムフィギュア“1年生-No brand girls”」も全国のゲームセンターに登場中。]

Send enquiries this way: Sega Prize User Support Center - http://sega.jp/contact/location/
Sega Prize Official Site - http://segaprize.com/

----------------

Articalys

Do you, like, track/assemble LL news daily and make a bulk post every few days or so, or do you actually go look it all up at once when you decide to make a post?

edit: Oh wait, nevermind, you're just scraping the official LL homepage news feed and translating it.
edit2: ...wait, why are you including the original Japanese next to everything? Are you asking people to proofread your translations or something?
edit3: Though separate from that, the very first Wednesday, 17th March 2015 should be a Tuesday, unless March 17 suddenly shifted one day this year.

GrandHusk

Good job as always Qurex

I FCed the EX event song yesterday
Rhz1NU5l.jpg

and the random version today :)
KIFFcU1l.jpg

don't know why but I'm not very excited about sunshine

Qurex

Neo Member
Do you, like, track/assemble LL news daily and make a bulk post every few days or so, or do you actually go look it all up at once when you decide to make a post?

edit: Oh wait, nevermind, you're just scraping the official LL homepage news feed and translating it.
edit2: ...wait, why are you including the original Japanese next to everything? Are you asking people to proofread your translations or something?
edit3: Though separate from that, the very first Wednesday, 17th March 2015 should be a Tuesday, unless March 17 suddenly shifted one day this year.

If I have time, I try to make these posts more frequently. Ideally on the same day, or every few days. Recently I haven't had much time to post though, hence the bulk posts.
If possible I track all of this daily and I check once more before I start writing up my posts.

1. Yeah I just scrape the official pages, I guess I could check other pages but any important news should eventually show up on there with details. I think most people here are only interested in stuff to do with merchandise/the franchise as a whole etc... So the news on the official pages should suffice.

I also hope that occasionally some of the content of these posts may serve as a point of discussion during less active periods to help keep the thread/community active. In the past I did make some other posts in the past but well I'm just too busy lately.

In the past I've tried posting after JP events start to post the event card images as people get them, but I found it difficult to make time to do those quickly.
As for other news? I do check up other Japanese sites every other day, but well I haven't really considered it worth my time writing it up. Since I only have so much free time after all.

And well, fek posts videos to do with the seiyuus occasionally. Raven777, BGBW, Yaari and a few others sometimes post early images of new figures. Others have also posted stuff like reports from ANN such as μ's winning the best singing award at the 9th annual seiyuu awards. Elhyam posted a while back Sayaka Sasaki's new anime song cover album (SAYAKAVER.) which has a cover of Snow halation. So it seems random news I miss is covered as well. Of course major news such as the Love Live Sunshine!! teaser pictures or information about the movie etc are posted by pretty much whoever sees it first.

So I feel everyone else in the thread has other news covered pretty much. =)

2. The original Japanese is there for clarification. Basically it is there to let others check the source themselves for parts I'm not certain on, since I wouldn't say what I do really counts as translating. It's also there for merchandise names which people may need if they are having trouble looking for it.
EDIT: it is also there for anyone who wants to correct me if they feel it is horribly incorrect

3. Oh thanks for that that's a mistake I missed from my copy pasting when writing stuff up. =)

Also it's nice to see that you're still playing the game after you said you would quit when I last posted 2 weeks(?) ago.

Hopefully this clarifies anything you wanted to know. Feel free to ask if you want to know something else.

Unbalanced Love is a super easy song. I FC'd the EX version on my first shot and the random version on the second try. I don't think I've done that for any other event song before.

Articalys

A couple idle (idol?) thoughts:

- How many total u's songs have been released to date? The game currently has 75 available, of which only one is a remix of another. Do they run the risk of running out of new content anytime soon?

- About skills: to get a guaranteed level-up, you need to use a card with the same or higher skill level, right? Does anyone know how much the skill-up chance decreases if you use one of a lower level?

GoXDS

- How many total u's songs have been released to date? The game currently has 75 available, of which only one is a remix of another. Do they run the risk of running out of new content anytime soon?

well there's 3 different events now, Token events being the only event with new songs so 2 songs every 3 months. that seems sustainable. it really depends on whether Love Live continues being popular so I think the life expectancy should be ok for now. I think they're releasing songs faster than that outside the game, too? not sure

- About skills: to get a guaranteed level-up, you need to use a card with the same or higher skill level, right? Does anyone know how much the skill-up chance decreases if you use one of a lower level?

Bushiroad hasn't released any concrete numbers so we can only find out by empirical testing. I think people only bothered testing for = lvl feeding and didn't record numbers for lower lvl feeding (to my knowledge). it'd be nice to know the numbers but think of it this way. for a Lvl 4, you can feed it another Lvl 4, or feed it 8 Lvl 1s (feeding Lvl 1s to each other gives you 4 Lvl 2s = 2 Lvl 3s = 1 Lvl 4). it's probably much easier (and cheaper) to just spam Lvl 1s. the benefit of Lvling a card's skill is also very marginal (like 100 pts in song score per lvl or worse). Rs will eventually be replaced and SR/UR are too rare (and I think have special cards to lvl skills in JP, which I think are 100% chance? someone confirm).

GrandHusk

Let me try to help here

1. I don't know exactly how many songs they have released, but the English version should be one year behind jpn, so it'll be a long time before they run out of content.

2. Yes, to get a guarantee lvl up you sacrifice a card with the same skill level as the original one.

The formula to know the chances of success is
(100xSL2)/SL1
SL1 = skill level of your original card
SL2 = skill level of the card to sacrifice

The success rate using a lvl 1 card should be
lvl 1 - 100%
lvl 2 - 50%
lvl 3 - 33.33%
lvl 4 - 25%

Hachitora

I'm counting around 90 songs on my itunes. Number could be wrong because I count how many solo versions and instrumental versions I had and subtract that from my total µ's song total. At the rate they're going, I don't see them running out anytime soon, especially with them cranking out new songs every now and then.

Articalys

Thanks for the music answers. Yeah, I was asking about the JP version, since clearly the NA version will always be playing catchup, but it sounds like there's a lot still to come, so that's nice.

As for skills, I guess it's not worth trying to engineer a guaranteed level-up and it's better to just throw spare L.1's at whatever I'm trying to raise? I wonder if that would yield more experience in the end to the target card or not...

GoXDS

Thanks for the music answers. Yeah, I was asking about the JP version, since clearly the NA version will always be playing catchup, but it sounds like there's a lot still to come, so that's nice.

As for skills, I guess it's not worth trying to engineer a guaranteed level-up and it's better to just throw spare L.1's at whatever I'm trying to raise? I wonder if that would yield more experience in the end to the target card or not...

just did the math based on GrandHusk's formula, and in the end, you'll require on average 1 card per current lvl of skill. ie. Lvl 7 needs 7 cards on average to reach Lvl 8
so that's 28 cards.
comparatively, to guarantee Lvl ups, you'd need 2^(N-1) cards, where N is current Lvl (so Lvl 7->8 requires a whopping 64 cards alone...) but they're being fed to each other in pairs instead of everything towards 1 card so you'll get less exp than all 64 cards. but I'm not completely sure of the exp the target card will get in the end. probably large enough.

R need 13500 exp to reach max Lvl (18~23 Lvl 1 Rs worth).
so you'll reach max Lvl before you max the Skill Lvl
but imo since the chances of you getting 28 copies of the same R card is really low, you don't have to bother maximizing exp gains and just lvl them to 60 ASAP, especially since they're gonna get replaced anyways

Articalys

You know what they say: a Burd in the club member list is worth... um... all the time I spent gathering event points? I dunno, I thought that idiom was going somewhere but it kind of got lost along the way.

Himemiya

Man, I overshot this Rin event something ridiculous. Ah well. Spent a normal 20ish loveca days before the 4X/EX even came, but look at the cut-offs now. I bet people will be getting a second card tomorrow with maybe 5 loveca lost, or something low like that.

chrono01

I'd like to stop at one Kotori, but I need to strengthen my Cool team. :/

NOPE! Onwards I go! I've been stock-piling tokens, so I should be okay. I have no problems burning through a few Loveca if I need to.

chrono01

Token events are zzzz

Gonna pass on all of them except Nico ones.
I don't mind them, but I definitely wait until they offer the 4x event songs. I can't believe, earlier on, I actually went through and spent all of them on 1x event songs. That took me...A LONG TIME. 4x is so much more easier.

I do like seeing your current ranking for song match events, though. It makes the last 30 minutes or whatever a lot less stressful, since the token event rankings don't update in real-time.

GoXDS

I don't mind them, but I definitely wait until they offer the 4x event songs. I can't believe, earlier on, I actually went through and spent all of them on 1x event songs. That took me...A LONG TIME. 4x is so much more easier.

I do like seeing your current ranking for song match events, though. It makes the last 30 minutes or whatever a lot less stressful, since the token event rankings don't update in real-time.

what about EX? event song this time's easy enough for it, I even got most of my Event pts from Random EX this time. also, projecting 24000 cutoff for now
I hate Score Match by principle since it's so disadvantageous for new players (even if that doesn't apply to me anymore since I'm Rank 123) =P

chrono01

what about EX? event song this time's easy enough for it, I even got most of my Event pts from Random EX this time. also, projecting 24000 cutoff for now
I hate Score Match by principle since it's so disadvantageous for new players (even if that doesn't apply to me anymore since I'm Rank 123) =P
Haha, that's another solution. The EX song really is easy this time.

Edit - Final score is a little over 28k. I'm pretty sure that's enough for a second SR Kotori, unless a massive number of people were hoarding thousands of tokens for the final hour.

Best of luck to you all, should you be trying for anything in particular.

GoXDS

Haha, that's another solution. The EX song really is easy this time.

Edit - Final score is a little over 28k. I'm pretty sure that's enough for a second SR Kotori, unless a massive number of people were hoarding thousands of tokens for the final hour.

Best of luck to you all, should you be trying for anything in particular.

you're probably over 4k above cutoff. congratz on that 2nd SR ;D how many Love Gems did you use? these expanded Tiers should've reduced the needed Love Gems hopefully compared to past events (I was in Tier 2 for the longest time this even without Love gems)

CoinArt

I didn't play a single song during this event. That makes the event song the first I haven't played at least once at every difficulty in EN. A bit sad to give that up, but now I'm free to only play when I feel like it. I generally hate feeling obligated to play a game, but I definitely let myself get to that point with SIF.

Top Bottom