• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

chrono01

you're probably over 4k above cutoff. congratz on that 2nd SR ;D how many Love Gems did you use? these expanded Tiers should've reduced the needed Love Gems hopefully compared to past events (I was in Tier 2 for the longest time this even without Love gems)
Thanks. I know I overdid it a bit, but I like to be careful. >_<

I didn't use many Love Gems at all. Maybe...5 or so? Definitely not bad, considering the number I received simply for ranking up in the song rewards. It helps that I have 105 LP, so I get a lot of use out of each Loveca. I also got a few Rank Up in there which helped things.

The expanded tiers definitely help, though. It makes things a lot less stressful, that's for sure.

JNA

Banned
Just started this game a couple of days ago.

I'm guessing I will need better members in order to get to S rank on most songs? 0_0

GoXDS

Thanks. I know I overdid it a bit, but I like to be careful. >_<

I didn't use many Love Gems at all. Maybe...5 or so? Definitely not bad, considering the number I received simply for ranking up in the song rewards. It helps that I have 105 LP, so I get a lot of use out of each Loveca. I also got a few Rank Up in there which helped things.

The expanded tiers definitely help, though. It makes things a lot less stressful, that's for sure.

ohhh, 5. looking back, you barely passed Umi's event in Jan XD and I remember doing calculations and Tier 2 was 7 EXTRA Love Gems alone on top of normally needed Love Gems. those expanded tiers really helped a ton, eh? ^^

I'm guessing I will need better members in order to get to S rank on most songs? 0_0

Welcome! picked a perfect (not) time to join the game =P yes, you won't be getting S Rank on Hard for a while but that's ok. slow and steady

chrono01

ohhh, 5. looking back, you barely passed Umi's event in Jan XD and I remember doing calculations and Tier 2 was 7 EXTRA Love Gems alone on top of normally needed Love Gems. those expanded tiers really helped a ton, eh? ^^
It's possible it was more than 5, I never really kept count. It wasn't that much more though, possibly 7 or so. I know my Loveca count didn't go down. Actually, it went up. But then I did complete a lot of the side-stories I've been meaning to do, so that's not surprising.

It's absolutely easier than it was in the earlier events, those were bloodbaths [literally]. O_O

Welcome!

Yeah, you'll eventually get better cards to enable you to score higher on more difficult songs. Just try to take things slow, save up whatever Loveca the game gives you, and try your luck at 10+ SR pull events when they happen. Don't forget to save a few Loveca for LP refreshes when song events come around. They're your best chance at getting a guaranteed SR [two might be a bit beyond you, at this point, just starting out, but keep at it!] for relatively low Loveca, not to mention the other rewards that go along with it [gold, Loveca, XP fodder, etc.].

Also, don't expect a UR. If you get one, you're luckier than I am. I've been playing since launch, and the only UR I have are the free/promotional ones [that are really SR tier and not true UR quality]. The rates for them are pretty low, but hopefully we'll get those Vouchers Japan has soon so it'll give us a better chance at obtaining them.

JNA

Banned
Welcome! picked a perfect (not) time to join the game =P yes, you won't be getting S Rank on Hard for a while but that's ok. slow and steady

Yeah somehow every time I join a new game, Its always either in a middle of an event or towards the end. :p

Welcome!

Yeah, you'll eventually get better cards to enable you to score higher on more difficult songs. Just try to take things slow, save up whatever Loveca the game gives you, and try your luck at 10+ SR pull events when they happen. Don't forget to save a few Loveca for LP refreshes when song events come around. They're your best chance at getting a guaranteed SR [two might be a bit beyond you, at this point, just starting out, but keep at it!] for relatively low Loveca, not to mention the other rewards that go along with it [gold, Loveca, XP fodder, etc.].

Also, don't expect a UR. If you get one, you're luckier than I am. I've been playing since launch, and the only UR I have are the free/promotional ones [that are really SR tier and not true UR quality]. The rates for them are pretty low, but hopefully we'll get those Vouchers Japan has soon so it'll give us a better chance at obtaining them.

So far I've been doing some hard songs and managed to do some with relative ease. Although I imagine I'm gonna go to some insane songs like the video I just saw on this page above.

So once I geto 50 Loveca, I shouldn't spend it on the honor student scouting and just wait for an event? 0_0

chrono01

So once I geto 50 Loveca, I shouldn't spend it on the honor student scouting and just wait for an event? 0_0
Definitely.

When a 10+1 SR event comes around, you're guaranteed at least one SR with your 50 Loveca draw. You can receive more than that, of course [even a UR if you're lucky], but you'll always receiveone SR. You can actually manage several in a single 10+1 pull, and it can be a great way to bolster your team early on.

I'd still recommend saving a few Loveca for song events, though. They're the easiest way to obtain SR with a low amount of Loveca, although with yourself just starting out [not having much LP, and a lower strength of teams] the 10+1 SR draw might be the way to go for now. Just watch for the event banner in-game. It always happens after events, so we should be getting another in a few minutes or so [once maintenance ends].

Messiah

Yeah somehow every time I join a new game, Its always either in a middle of an event or towards the end. :p

So far I've been doing some hard songs and managed to do some with relative ease. Although I imagine I'm gonna go to some insane songs like the video I just saw on this page above.

Welcome on board!

Between events 10+1 pulls usually guarantee at least 1 SR. Scout then.

The next event song is Kodokuna Heaven? I was bummed out by the next event being a Hanayo event, but that song is great.

GoXDS

I would also advise waiting till end of next event to do a 10+1 pull. New R cards are being added mid April if things according to schedule

Crescent-

Man, I overshot this Rin event something ridiculous. Ah well. Spent a normal 20ish loveca days before the 4X/EX even came, but look at the cut-offs now. I bet people will be getting a second card tomorrow with maybe 5 loveca lost, or something low like that.

Used 3 love gems on the last day for me, and that is without efficient lp usage throughout the event (overslept like 3 or 4 days). Got the second sr by around 250 points.

And en maintenance seems to be taking longer than usual? Hope we got compensation for that

m0t0k1

I'd like to stop at one Kotori, but I need to strengthen my Cool team. :/

NOPE! Onwards I go! I've been stock-piling tokens, so I should be okay. I have no problems burning through a few Loveca if I need to.

One should get as much Kotori as one could get! Always go all in on Kotori events!!!!!!

0Zttpxb.jpg

Living on the edge, 8 minutes before the end

This token event was definitely harder as the last one, probably because i'm not getting as much free LP from leveling up then i used to.

Articalys

Man, some of you people are monsters at this, casually throwing around numbers like 28k EP like it's nothing.

Eighteen EP below the 14k cutoff. Dammit.
I would also advise waiting till end of next event to do a 10+1 pull. New R cards are being added mid April if things according to schedule
Aw, c'mon, really? I've got like 75 LS burning a hole in my pocket here and still a decent number of unidolized Rs.

GoXDS

Man, some of you people are monsters at this, casually throwing around numbers like 28k EP like it's nothing.

This is with 5+ love gems used and 105 LP max so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Free players should get around 18500~20500 if they use all their LP and play well on the event songs
Eighteen EP below the 14k cutoff. Dammit.

Aw, c'mon, really? I've got like 75 LS burning a hole in my pocket here and still a decent number of unidolized Rs.

Ouch. Well 1 love gem isn't going to break you in the long run. Missing a SR would really suck though. But yea, more R coming ;D

Three hours before the end of the event I was ranked 700 exactly in the song rankings. I had enough tokens for one play which I promptly botched and didn't increase my high score. Thought about burning Loveca for another shot at it but was too tired. Ended up like 730-something and missed out on the extra Scouting Ticket. Fortunately, for the Scouting Tickets I did get, I pulled an SR Smile Honkers. Unfortunately, it has a stamina restoring skill, so its kinda useless.

Articalys

This is with 5+ love gems used and 105 LP max so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Free players should get around 18500~20500 if they use all their LP and play well on the event songs
I seriously have no idea what sort of scale you're coming from to get those sorts of estimates. Granted, I was playing sub-optimally, but without paying money and without playing EX, I'm not seeing a way to get above 16,500 EP or so.

Also, if anyone hasn't checked out the front page of the wiki yet today... you really should.

GoXDS

I seriously have no idea what sort of scale you're coming from to get those sorts of estimates. Granted, I was playing sub-optimally, but without paying money and without playing EX, I'm not seeing a way to get above 16,500 EP or so.

I'm basing it on my personal scores and past scores. here's math for it
11 days = 263 hours = 175(.33) Hard Songs = 2800 Tokens. that's 62(.22) Hard Event Songs and at B Rank A Combo = 12772 pts + the token pts for 15572 pts

that's before Lvl ups. that was 175+62 Hard songs at 46 exp each, so 10902 exp. at Rank 40, that's easily 10 Lvl ups. another 520 LP = 35 Hard songs = 560 more Tokens = 12(.44) more Event Hard Songs = 2472 pts + 560 Tokens = 3032 from Lvl ups. that brings the score to 18604. but oh, we got more exp from more songs, 35+12 more songs = 2162 exp, another 2 lvl ups for ~101 LP more = 6 Hard Songs = 96 Tokens = 2 more Event Hard songs = 412 pts + 96 token pts = 508 more, bring final score to 19112 and enough Tokens left to play another Normal Event Song if you want for ~140 pts

so that's playing suboptimally in event song (B Rank A Combo Hard is also less efficient than Normal S Rank S Combo), already over 18500. for a Rank 100, they'll get ~302 LP extra from Lvl ups and hopefully by now can get S Rank A Combo so final score looks to be around 18783

the Lvl up Exp takes into account starting with max LP when event starts but doesn't take into account what your exp starts at when the event starts. so if you start the event ~100 exp from lvling up, you can potentially get 1 extra lvl up during the event but doesn't make a world of difference. 18500~20500 is possible already as shown with just Hard. playing EX will only increase your event pts by ~500 at best but that's assuming S Rank S Combo for Event song... exp gains for playing just EX is also only ~800 iirc from someone else's calculaations by end of the event and that may equal another lvl so potentially another ~300 pts depending on how your exp works out

I personally got 19900 event pts at the end using 0 Love Gems and with ~20 LP excess.
Also, if anyone hasn't checked out the front page of the wiki yet today... you really should.
just realized we're a day early (at least where I am) for April Fools. it seems logical, too. but they already have their own wiki so it's probably April Fools?

Articalys

I'm not reading all your math but I skimmed it enough to note that there's more LP gained from level ups than I thought.
just realized we're a day early (at least where I am) for April Fools. it seems logical, too. but they already have their own wiki so it's probably April Fools?
No shit it's an April Fool's joke; the sub-pages are all unaffected (probably so that the wiki doesn't become completely useless for one day just for the sake of the joke). But spelling that out in my initial post would have ruined the surpirse of going to check the wiki in the first place, now wouldn't it?

JNA

Banned
Definitely.

When a 10+1 SR event comes around, you're guaranteed at least one SR with your 50 Loveca draw. You can receive more than that, of course [even a UR if you're lucky], but you'll always receiveone SR. You can actually manage several in a single 10+1 pull, and it can be a great way to bolster your team early on.

I'd still recommend saving a few Loveca for song events, though. They're the easiest way to obtain SR with a low amount of Loveca, although with yourself just starting out [not having much LP, and a lower strength of teams] the 10+1 SR draw might be the way to go for now. Just watch for the event banner in-game. It always happens after events, so we should be getting another in a few minutes or so [once maintenance ends].

Welcome on board!

Between events 10+1 pulls usually guarantee at least 1 SR. Scout then.

The next event song is Kodokuna Heaven? I was bummed out by the next event being a Hanayo event, but that song is great.

So the event going on now, does this qualify? :D

Jintor

Man I read a really intense manga about a few of the love live crew at age 31 lol. (Not quite as depressing as you'd think but still super intense)

nico nico niiiii~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The android version of the US app stopped working for me for some reason and I'm not sure why. I uninstalled it completely and it didn't work when I reinstalled it, so I'm not sure what could have happened. I re-rooted the device, but the JP and TW versions work for me so I'm not sure what it could be...

Edit: weird, deleting the Korean version made the US version work again. :/

DWGbXd5.jpg

Easter 2016 (sometime in week 12-14)
Tokyo, Kanto, Japan

A few of us are planning a trip to Japan next year. Maybe you want to join us?

We'll be going sometime during easter since it's one of the best times to go weather-wise, there's sakura trees blooming and it's far enough off for people to save up some money.

Most likely going for close to 2 weeks. 1 week in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

You need to co-ordinate with the others that are going and order the flight yourself. I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price. If we get a hostel room we will get a private room for our group, but with shared bathrooms and showers. Hotel or apartment will be a private room for our group with private bathroom and shower.

Estimated budget should be about $1300+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first week in Tokyo and about $2600+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accomodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order the flight by the start of September 2015.

It will be best if we do a group of max 4 people, so at the end of August I'll go through the list in order of who's shown interest and confirm if you're going or not. Feel free to show interest even if there's already 4 people on the list in case somebody else have to drop out by then.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Ghibli museum
Akihabara + nearby Kanda shrine (from Love Live)
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which has the giant Gundam statue and other stuff)
Shibuya
Some of the most famous shrines and a park
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
K-On school building
Nipponbashi
Sakura viewing
Day trip to Nara
Day trip to Hiroshima
More temples and shrines
Other things you want to check out

October 2015 trip

We've also been planning a trip for October this year. We now got the dates and accomodation locked down. It's a Tokyo-only trip and we're arriving in Tokyo on October 7th and leaving Tokyo on the 15th. We're renting an apartment for this trip with a private bathroom/shower.

There is one free space left on this trip if anybody wants to join us!

The budget for this trip will be about $700 + flight cost. This includes all transportation, food and accomodation.

Going October 2015

image.php

MikeHattsu

ThreePiMatt

image.php

Lollipop Dave

Easter 2016 trip

Going

image.php

MikeHattsu

Maybe Going

image.php

1. Snkfanatic

image.php

2. Zoba

image.php

3. Lee Chaolan

image.php

4. phoenix296

image.php

5. Hugstable

6. JoeFu

image.php

7. StayDead

image.php

8. spyhunterzero

Articalys

The android version of the US app stopped working for me for some reason and I'm not sure why. I uninstalled it completely and it didn't work when I reinstalled it, so I'm not sure what could have happened. I re-rooted the device, but the JP and TW versions work for me so I'm not sure what it could be...

Edit: weird, deleting the Korean version made the US version work again. :/
...how many different regional versions of the game do you have installed on your phone, and why?

elhaym

Agh, I would love to do the 2016 trip with you guys except I'm already booked over there from Dec 23-Jan 5. I don't think I have enough available leave to cover 2 trips. ;_;

Hachitora

Just got back home from day one of a convention I'm going to. I'll post pics of Love Live cosplayers and merch I've taken pics of once the three days are over.

Escargo

I lost huge motivation playing the game when I did three 50 love gem rolls with no UR and my friend gets Maki, Eli and Umi UR in hers.

Everytime I see her on my friends list.... I cry.
Not really but y'know that feel

Top Bottom