• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A manga about Nico feeling sad as she her career begins to die since she's 31? Sure!

xG7XUrPl.png

PK Gaming

A manga about Nico feeling sad as she her career begins to die since she's 31? Sure!

xG7XUrPl.png

I loved this doujin.

Loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved it, loved it.

Loved seeing Nico painfully come to grips with her losing relevance. Loved seeing her friends try reach out to her. Loved very page, every character interaction, every moment... the entire thing was great.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I loved this doujin.

Loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved it, loved it.

Loved seeing Nico painfully come to grips with her losing relevance. Loved seeing her friends try reach out to her. Loved very page, every character interaction, every moment... the entire thing was great.
But she goes back to being an idol at the end!

True Japan Fact: at 31, women are Old, and it is too late for them to accomplish anything of value other than perhaps perhaps getting their act together and having a kid.

Yeah, that's a pretty good doujinshi.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bibi_x_pink
You joke, but look at the number of anime seiyuu and idols who are in their 30s. They hardly exist. lol

PK Gaming

But she goes back to being an idol at the end!

You joke, but look at the number of anime seiyuu and idols who are in their 30s. They hardly exist. lol

I guess I could say I loved that too? Even though I would have preferred it if it was more drawn out, it was a one-shot after all, so I was fine with the ending. The angst and early-mid life crisis was so good though

JoeFu

Banned
I can't take it seriously. Feels so cheesy to me for some reason. The only doujin I read and really liked was the one that himemiya showed me. The one the denki gai author wrote haha.

I remember reading one where Maki's dad slapped her and stuff lol. So over dramatic.

GoXDS

I can't take it seriously. Feels so cheesy to me for some reason. The only doujin I read and really liked was the one that himemiya showed me. The one the denki gai author wrote haha.

I remember reading one where Maki's dad slapped her and stuff lol. So over dramatic.

Okomeshindou? wtf did I just read... just as expected of Denki-gai. ofc Himemiya would show you this one XD

CoinArt

Yeah, I recall that one, too. Definitely over dramatic. I think every dramatic slap might be over dramatic. I generally prefer light, fluffy Nicomaki doujins, myself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess I could say I loved that too? Even though I would have preferred it if it was more drawn out, it was a one-shot after all, so I was fine with the ending. The angst and early-mid life crisis was so good though
Heh, I remember a K-On one as well, although that was much more depressing with Mio basically being called old an fat by niconico viewers. :p

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the Japanese Version is "Score Match Round 17".

The event will start on Sunday, 5th April at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] and end on Wednesday, 15th April at 3:00 PM JST [6:00 AM UTC].

The main reward for this event is a Super Rare Card, Sonoda Umi (Flower Viewing Ver.).
The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown, please refer to the rewards list when the event has commmenced.

At the start of the event there will be 8 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 5 EXPERT stages and 6 TECHNICAL stages in the pool to start with.

From 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC], Wednesday, 8th April to 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC], Saturday, 11th April, the Score Match stages will be swapped out with different ones (the number of stages per rank will remain the same, 8 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 5 EXPERT stages and 6 TECHNICAL stages).
From Tuesday, 24th February at 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] until the end of the event, the Score Match stages from the beginning of the event will be added to the pool again, for a total of 16 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 10 EXPERT stages, and 12 TECHNICAL stages

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event on Sunday, 5th April at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC].

Credits to the EN LLSIF Wiki for some info.

------------------
Friday, 20th March 2015

TV Anime, 1st Season Episode 12 broadcast time change information

There was a change in broadcasting time for several stations. Details skipped as this has already passed.

Information of new merchandise from Alter

Alter 1/7 Hoshizora Rin
From Love Live! School idol festival Hoshizora Rin arrives! [『ラブライブ!スクールアイドルフェスティバル』より、“星空 凛”が登場!]
The always cheerful sports loving girl, hercostume from the Animal Ver. game card has been turned into a 3d object. [スポーツが大好きでいつも明るい彼女を、ゲームのカード「動物編」の衣装で立体化しました。]
Wearing a cat motif costume, her fun winking expression is charming. [猫をモチーフにした衣装を身にまとい、楽しそうにウインクをした表情が魅力的です。]
The black and white stripes, the colouring of the yellows accents matches the atmosphere of the energetic girl. [白と黒のストライプに、イエローがアクセントとなったメリハリある彩色が元気いっぱいな彼女の雰囲気にマッチ。]
The large ribbon and the tail spread out to give the impression of motion, an overflowing finished pop feeling. [大きなリボンや尻尾の広がりが動感を与え、ポップ感あふれる仕上がりとなりました。]

Release Date: September 2015
Price: 12,800 yen (excluding tax)
Scale: 1/7
Total Height: about 220mm
Sculptor: Missile (みさいる)
Colouring Producer: Watanabe Takamasa (渡邊 恭大)

Specifications etc...
Materials: PVC, ABS
Completed product that has been painted

Inquiries

Notifciation of the programme page for the 2nd episode of Nico Production Love Live! Hour NozoHono☆Variety Box

The page for Episode 2 of Nico Production Love Live! Hour NozoHono☆Variety Box is now open!

Date: Saturday, 21st March, 21:00~ live broadcast
Hosts: Nitta Emi (Kousaka Honoka), Kusuda Aina (Toujou Nozomi)
URL:http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv213814017

2nd in the Birthday Figure Project, Ayase Eli, notification of the start of reseverations

Under the concept of "Let's celebrate the birthdays of the members of μ’s together!", The figurisation of the 9 members of μ’s before/around their birthdays, the merchandise that will deliver this is the "Birthday Figure Project".

The second in this series, Ayase Eli, reservations have begun at the Dengeki Store!

Love Live! Birthday Figure Project Ayase Eli

Price: 11,000 yen (excluding tax and excluding postage)

Specifiactions
Scale: 1/8
Complete painted product made from PVC (Partially made from ABS)

Sale: KADOKAWA ASCII Media Works
Reservation Closing Date: Sunday, 10th May 2015
Delivery Date: Scheduled for the end of September 2015

Birthday Figure Project Ayase Eli Item Page: http://dengekiya.com/shop/g/g4942330078907/
Birthday Figure Project Introduction Page: http://gs.dengeki.com/news/19270/

Moreover, the reservation deadline for the 1st in the Birthday Figure Project, Minami Kotori, is Sunday, 5th April, go here to not miss it!
Birthday Figure Project Minami Kotori: http://dengekiya.com/p/4942330078891/

----------------
Saturday, 21st March 2015

Report NozoHono Stroll - Tokyo Side - Kanagawa Side - Let's go! [【レポ】のぞほのさんぽ東京編・神奈川編 行ってきました!]

Nico Production Love Live! Hour NozoHono☆Variety Box 2nd episode introduction, NozoHono Stroll Tokyo side and Kanagawa side collected report! [ニコ生ラブライブ!アワーのぞほのバラエティボックス第2回にてご紹介した、のぞほのさんぽ東京編・神奈川編の収録レポート!]

Tokyo Side<東京編>
The starting location is Nakano Sun Plaza! [中野サンプラザからロケスタート!]
Immediately walking from Nakano Station! The pair danced on the other side of the intersection. [中野駅から歩いてすぐ!二人が踊っていたのはちょうど裏側の交差点でした!]
Let's dance so as to not become troubled. [※迷惑にならないように踊りましょう。]

And then, arriving at Shinjuku Picadilly! [そして、新宿ピカデリーに到着!]
They were allowed to do autographs! [サインをさせて頂きました!]
Shinjuku Picadilly, exactly on the recording day, was the renwewl of the cafeteria! [!新宿ピカデリーさんは、ちょうどこのロケの日が、カフェテリアリニューアルの日でした!]
They had just launched a menu! [発売したての新メニューを頂いちゃいました!]
Thank you very much Shinjuku Picadilly! [新宿ピカデリーさん、どうもありがとうございました!]

Kangawa Side [<神奈川編>]
Suddenly the sea! Playing and running, the energetic duo. [突然の海!遊んだり走ったり、元気なふたり。]
At Yokohama Burg 13, they were invited to the premium lounge! [横浜ブルク13では、なんとプレミアムラウンジにご招待いただきました!]
They were allowed to firmly write their autographs! [サインもしっかり書かせて頂きました!]
Also everyone loves popcorn, so premium! [みんな大好きポップコーンも、こんなにプレミアム!]
Thank you very much Yokohama Burg 13! [横浜ブルク13さん、どうもありがとうございました!]

Love Live! The School Idol Movie premieres nationwide on Saturday,13th June. [ラブライブ!The School Idol Movieは6月13日全国ロードショー!]
There will be a fan meeting at Nakano Sun Paza in Tokyo on Saturday, 30th May - Sunday, 31st May, there will be another fan meeting at Pacifico Yokohama in Kanagawa on Sunday 7th June! [ファンミーティング東京・中野サンプラザは5月30日・31日、ファンミーティング神奈川・パシフィコ横浜は6月7日に開催です!]

Nico Production Love Live! Hour NozoHono☆Variety Box next broadcast information

The broadcast date for Nico Production Love Live! Hour NozoHono☆Variety Box Episode 3 has been decided!

Date: Wednesday, 29th April, 21:00~ live broadcast
Hosts: Nitta Emi (Kousaka Honoka), Kusuda Aina (Toujou Nozomi)

Information about the programme page will come later!

----------------

fek

So they do reports on the NozoHono Stroll in the news site too. It's my favorite part of the new program
The 3rd episode is on the 29th though, not 19th

Qurex

Neo Member
So they do reports on the NozoHono Stroll in the news site too. It's my favorite part of the new program
The 3rd episode is on the 29th though, not 19th

I would have posted this before but I only got round to watching it recently. Since I wanted to watch it before writing this post. It's quite a fun section.

Thanks for catching that, another typing mistake.

Oh yeah, did you hear anything recently about Pile being diagnosed with influenza?

It was one of the news posts on April 2nd, one of the recent news posts on the official site which I haven't got round to posting here yet. (Still catching up slowly, don't want to make my posts too long after all).
It said that she had to cancel her appearance at Seoul for the Lantis Festival Anisong World Tour 2015 which is happening this weekend (so now). It also said that 5 members will do their best during the live performance.

fek

I would have posted this before but I only got round to watching it recently. Since I wanted to watch it before writing this post. It's quite a fun section.

Thanks for catching that, another typing mistake.

Oh yeah, did you hear anything recently about Pile being diagnosed with influenza?

It was one of the news posts on April 2nd, one of the recent news posts on the official site which I haven't got round to posting here yet. (Still catching up slowly, don't want to make my posts too long after all).
It said that she had to cancel her appearance at Seoul for the Lantis Festival Anisong World Tour 2015 which is happening this weekend (so now). It also said that 5 members will do their best during the live performance.
Yeah, I read about it on the official LL twitter and her twitter is also pretty quiet these last few days, so I hope she gets well soon. Also hope the fans can enjoy the festival and get another chance to see her in the future (and a chance for us too please)

edit: and speaking of Pile here's her second single MV sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tFCnEG3og

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the English version is "Seventh Round SCORE MATCH".
This event will start on Monday, 6th April 9:00 AM UTC and end on Wednesday, 15th April at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Cool Super Rare Card, Nishikino Maki (Flower Viewing Ver.) [Super Rare #282]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
SMILE: 3670, PURE: 3710, COOL: 4700
Appeal: Under the Cherry Blossoms - For every 25 notes, there is a 41% chance of increasing player's score by 310 points. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Cool Heart - Increases Cool points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Pure card, Fukuhara Mikoto [Normal #281]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 2
SMILE: 1240, PURE: 2250, COOL: 650
Appeal: None
Center Skill: None

It is assumed that the songs available will be the same as it was for the Japanese version.

The First Set of songs will be available from Monday, 6th April 9:00 AM UTC to Thursday, 9th April 7:59 AM UTC.

Selection 1
Easy/Normal/Hard - First Set
  • SMILE - Oh,Love&Peace!
  • SMILE - Ai wa Taiyou Janai?
  • SMILE - Cutie Panther
  • PURE - Listen to my heart!!
  • PURE - after school NAVIGATORS
  • PURE - Kimi no Kuse ni!
  • COOL - Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love
  • COOL - Loveless World
Expert - First Set
  • SMILE - Ai wa Taiyou Janai?
  • SMILE - Cutie Panther
  • PURE - Listen to my heart!!
  • PURE - Kimi no Kuse ni!
  • COOL - Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love
The Second Set of songs will be available from Thursday, 9th April 8:00 AM UTC to Wednesday, 15th April 7:59 AM UTC.

Selection 2
Easy/Normal/Hard - Second Set

• SMILE - Aishiteru Banzai!
  • SMILE - Love marginal
  • SMILE - Music S.T.A.R.T!!
  • PURE - Yuujou No Change
  • PURE - Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru
  • COOL - Wonderful Rush
  • COOL - Kaguya no Shiro de Odoritai
  • COOL - A・No・Ne・Ga・N・Ba・Re!
Expert - Second Set
  • SMILE - Aishiteru Banzai!
  • SMILE - Love marginal
  • PURE - Yuujou No Change
  • COOL - Kaguya no Shiro de Odoritai
  • COOL - A・No・Ne・Ga・N・Ba・Re!
The Final Selection of songs will contain both the First and Second Sets of songs.
This will run from Thursday, 9th April 8:00 AM UTC to Wednesday, 15th April 8:00 AM UTC.

Countdown for the start of the English event on Monday, 6th April 9:00 AM UTC.
t1428310800z0.png

Credits to the English LLSIF Wiki for some of the pics and info.

GoXDS

The next event for the English version is "Seventh Round SCORE MATCH".

This event will start on Monday, 6th April 9:00 AM UTC and end on Wednesday, 15th April at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Cool Super Rare Card, Nishikino Maki (Flower Viewing Ver.) [Super Rare #282]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
SMILE: 3670, PURE: 3710, COOL: 4700
Appeal: Under the Cherry Blossoms - For every 25 notes, there is a 41% chance of increasing player's score by 310 points. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Cool Heart - Increases Cool points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Pure card, Fukuhara Mikoto [Normal #281]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 2
SMILE: 1240, PURE: 2250, COOL: 650
Appeal: None
Center Skill: None

you linked Tatara Ruu Cool

Articalys

So just to make sure I understand how the event types differ:

With a token event, the basic play flow is "Use LP to play regular songs, earning tokens and a small amount of event points" -> "Use tokens to play the event song, earning large amounts of event points", for a repeating two-step process.

Whereas the score event is much more straightforward, just "Use LP to play a random song in event mode, earning event points" over and over? Meaning if I want to max efficiency, I should completely avoid the regular game mode for the duration of the event?
And also, the random nature of player matching means you can get screwed over for point gaining even if you have a strong team by getting matched up against people with really strong teams?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whereas the score event is much more straightforward, just "Use LP to play a random song in event mode, earning event points" over and over? Meaning if I want to max efficiency, I should completely avoid the regular game mode for the duration of the event?
And also, the random nature of player matching means you can get screwed over for point gaining even if you have a strong team by getting matched up against people with really strong teams?
Yes, you don't play non-event songs during the score match.
And yes, you can get matched against people who have all UR teams. Or bots that are the same. Although I would assume level plays a part in matchmaking.

GoXDS

So just to make sure I understand how the event types differ:

With a token event, the basic play flow is "Use LP to play regular songs, earning tokens and a small amount of event points" -> "Use tokens to play the event song, earning large amounts of event points", for a repeating two-step process.

yup. which is why I really dislike Score Match by principle. even now when I have 1 UR and 8 SR matching color on 2 of my teams, I can potentially get beaten by over 20k pts when I have Full combo and the person/bot that beat me doesn't. you don't get song completion rewards for Score Match either. you also don't get FP since Score Match doesn't make you select a partner for 10/5 FP per song, meaning you can't even scout Normals/Rares you didn't get yet during this period.

it's also harder to predict your final score (or if you can reach Event SR in time) since the pts you gain can be so erratic. there could be some songs that you can only get A Rank in (combo doesn't matter for Score Match) and ofc there's 1st-4th place. so anywhere from 187 to 245 pts per song depending on A or S Rank and 4th-1st place

chrono01

Nice, the cut-off for the second SR is now 4000. It keeps going up! We also get a Scouting Ticket along with it now, which is great.

GoXDS

Nice, the cut-off for the second SR is now 4000. It keeps going up! We also get a Scouting Ticket along with it now, which is great.

it always included 1 Scouting Ticket for that tier.

for now I'm off to a good start with 5 S+1st and 1 S+2nd (the guy got 280k to my 240k...sure I messed up but that's still 280k to 260k at best. this is with my strongest team, too)

chrono01

it always included 1 Scouting Ticket for that tier.

for now I'm off to a good start with 5 S+1st and 1 S+2nd (the guy got 280k to my 240k...sure I messed up but that's still 280k to 260k at best. this is with my strongest team, too)
Oh, that's right. I was thinking of the token rewards. My mistake!

Stulaw

I'm thinking of trying Expert mode with these events in the English version, I usually go for 3 Hard and 1 Normal, how many points does 4th position get you in a battle in Expert?

Also, I love the songs in the Japanese version, I'm going to stick to Hard with this one since none of my teams are good enough to hold me through on Expert, but I'll get the SR really easily.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm thinking of trying Expert mode with these events in the English version, I usually go for 3 Hard and 1 Normal, how many points does 4th position get you in a battle in Expert?

Also, I love the songs in the Japanese version, I'm going to stick to Hard with this one since none of my teams are good enough to hold me through on Expert, but I'll get the SR really easily.

The wiki has the charts for scoring here:
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Score_Matching_Event

My girlfriend told me the new event was Maki. Time to start playing again.

Perfect time too. I find this game helps me structure my day when I have essays to write.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I don't need another cool Maki (my only idolised SR) so I guess my break can go on. Haven't even bother logging in daily since the month began.

CoinArt

Aw yiss, FCing my first song after not playing for over a month. Good to be back, Maki.

e: and of course I followed it with two back-to-back Cutie Panther shitshows. Good to know you're still only OK, CoinArt.

Articalys

I'm well aware how they're gathering EP -- I'm not an idiot, thank you very much -- what I'm asking is, who would be insane enough to basically spend 15 hours straight doing (almost) nothing but playing a mobile rhythm game for a virtual card?

GoXDS

I'm well aware how they're gathering EP -- I'm not an idiot, thank you very much -- what I'm asking is, who would be insane enough to basically spend 15 hours straight doing (almost) nothing but playing a mobile rhythm game for a virtual card?

Whales =P one guy got 1million event pts back in December (streaming to collect donations for charity). the ones not at the top probably just do bursts rather than playing constantly. top 5 are definitely insane though... either 15.5 hours straight of play or they went the route of purposely failing songs (which is much more efficient points/second but much more expensive) but even failing songs is ~9 hours worth of play...

a bigger question for me is how the top scorers (and whales in general) can spend so much money. one guy on my friend list is consistently top 200...that's a lot of love gems every month and a lot of money. the other top scorers are also consistently up there

Set the cool UR Rin as my main and deleted the game so anyone on my friends list won't have a total dud on there. But if you don't want an inactive player there then remove me.

Top Bottom