• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

GrandHusk

Mokoi will like this.
tumblr_nl6iwr8FxX1tq92klo1_540.jpg

source
It looks like I will be able to go to one of the Fan Meeting Tour events, I'll be in Japan in August and I bought a ticket for the Hokkaido event in an auction online
Emitsun, Pile, Mimorin and Ucchi will be there. Wish I could see all 9 of them but my favorites will be there so I'm excited
:O :O :O
you... you... have fun

Articalys

Yeah, screw that, I ain't waiting three months. My Smile and Pure teams are still SR-less and I'd like to be able to S-rank some of the songs with a higher threshold between now and July. 20% chance at a UR be damned. Plus I'm not exactly sitting on a huge stockpile of LS; I'd only be able to get three vouchers if I saved them all and waited.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah, screw that, I ain't waiting three months. My Smile and Pure teams are still SR-less and I'd like to be able to S-rank some of the songs with a higher threshold between now and July. 20% chance at a UR be damned. Plus I'm not exactly sitting on a huge stockpile of LS; I'd only be able to get three vouchers if I saved them all and waited.

You get a voucher for every 20 levels

So if my calculating is correct theres about 12 hours left for the event? I'm about 1600 points off so am hoping to hit 25k without using any gems.

Articalys

So if my calculating is correct theres about 12 hours left for the event? I'm about 1600 points off so am hoping to hit 25k without using any gems.
Yes, ends at 8amUTC.
Assuming you can avoid wasting any LP in that time frame, and that you can get B's or above on Hard/Expert, and depending on how the friendly the matchmaking is for you, it's just within the realm of possibility... by the averages, at least. If matchmaking fucks you over and keeps pairing you up with full idolized UR teams, not much you can do about that.
You'd only need to spend 1 gem in the wost case though. For that reason, if your EXP is almost at a level-up point and you can manage your play to get it right after you fully drain your LP, and you can do all the above, you've got it guaranteed.

Yes, ends at 8amUTC.
Assuming you can avoid wasting any LP in that time frame, and that you can get B's or above on Hard/Expert, and depending on how the friendly the matchmaking is for you, it's just within the realm of possibility... by the averages, at least. If matchmaking fucks you over and keeps pairing you up with full idolized UR teams, not much you can do about that. You'd only need to spend 1 gem in the wost case though.
If your EXP is almost at a level-up point and you can manage your play to get it right after you fully drain your LP, and you can do all the above, you've got it guaranteed.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I've been making sure to only spend LP on this event. I play on hard and usually get at least 180 points per song and get 3 full hard mode tries every fill so at least 540 per fill, I sometimes get over 230 points if I get higher places but since I only have a single SR and still have quite a few non idols on my team i get a lot of C's even though i can get full combo's. This is first event I'm going so if I come a bit short I'll definitely use a gem. Just trying to save them for the next time theres a "Scout 11 and get a guarenteed SR or above" thing.

Anony

i'm at 22000 points right now, i'm not going to get SR at this rate unless i use gems
but..
i'm at 46 gems, and reward for 4 gems.. meaning if i use 2 or 3 gems to get 25000, i wont be able to get 10+1 pull

do what

GoXDS

i'm at 22000 points right now, i'm not going to get SR at this rate unless i use gems
but..
i'm at 46 gems, and reward for 4 gems.. meaning if i use 2 or 3 gems to get 25000, i wont be able to get 10+1 pull

do what

best case scenario left is 2 Gems for you. did you factor in Gems from idolizing Normals and maxing bonds? event Normal + new normal post-event should cover those 2 (unless you don't have FP to have a decent chance of getting 2 copies)

worst case, you need to spend 3 gems. there should be a Love Gem from attendance some time between now and start of next event so you should be fine

the only case where you might be in trouble is using 3 gems and not having enough FP to attempt to get 2 copies of new Normal. any Daily Songs you have yet to do/complete?

JNA

Banned
At the 3800s rank at the moment. Have to wait for my stamina to recharge to 15 again, than level up and go all out with the 2 remaining gems I have.

Anybody think I can stay within 4000 mark in these last 5 hours? 0_0

chrono01

At the 3800s rank at the moment. Have to wait for my stamina to recharge to 15 again, than level up and go all out with the 2 remaining gems I have.

Anybody think I can stay within 4000 mark in these last 5 hours? 0_0
With two more Loveca, especially with a Rank Up, it should be possible. How much LP do you restore with each?

Articalys

Messed up taking the reward screenshot when I got the card, but a Maki is still a Maki.

...now I have four Cool SRs and none anywhere else. All those blue notes better watch out, I'm on the warpath now.

JNA

Banned
With two more Loveca, especially with a Rank Up, it should be possible. How much LP do you restore with each?

46 LP. So 3 hard mode attempts, around 200 event points average I believe.

I feel like 45K event score is the sweet spot to be within 4000 rank.

LP currently at 5. 41 points needed to rank up, and Hard mode is usually 46 so got 10 more LP to go. Guess I have to wait an hour. :(

chrono01

46 LP. So 3 hard mode attempts, around 200 event points average I believe.

I feel like 45K event score is the sweet spot to be within 4000 rank.

LP currently at 5. 41 points needed to rank up, and Hard mode is usually 46 so got 10 more LP to go. Guess I have to wait an hour. :(
Yeah, 46,000 should be safe for the Top 4000. If you can reach that, you should be fine.

I'm sitting pretty now. I should be comfortable with my position in the top 4000.

I think I have enough Makis to form a full team now. This game knows me too well.

GoXDS

46000 might not be enough (almost definitely not). 43649 at time of posting. 4.5 hours left. assuming 600 per hour (not hard considering hourly increase just now was 562 and is always sharp increases at the end), that's 2700, bringing it to 46349

wow, you're literally just throwing money in there then
that's really sad
imagine all the 10+1 pulls u can do with all those love gems
way more SRs and u could be getting UR

yes normal people go "oh I'm 1 exp from leveling up but I have a full LP bar, I'll fail until I have enough LP for one more song then level up. that's a few extra points"

whales go "I will fail repeatedly, and constantly refill my LP with gems for 240 hours non-stop"

JNA

Banned
Well at the time of this post, I'm at 45,300+. 3:52 hours and minutes left. Rank hasn't been updated on the board for me but Im at a little over 3000 I think.

Gonna be a photo finish I guess.

Anony

well, that's not bad actually
i can burn alot of LP before i go to work
before when i was really into it, i would wake up 15 mins earlier to clear my LP before work
now i can just lose and get some points, the game isnt THAT good to have me wake up earlier

guess this only works for match events, since u actually have to complete the game to get points in the other mode

used 2 love gems to make get SR maki
if i knew about getting the default points, i would have done that, saved me from using any love gems

Articalys

Two different songs in a row now where the score bar looks like it's filled all the way up but isn't glowing, meaning I missed the S rank by like 10 points or something

EWN9Otr.png

I might need to dump a Gem in, if I wanna sleep comfortably tonight. Maki makes the craziest whales come out.
Two different songs in a row now where the score bar looks like it's filled all the way up but isn't glowing, meaning I missed the S rank by like 10 points or something
I know that feel does.

JNA

Banned
Oh snap, clutch regular student pulls lol. Got a couple of ones I didn't have that I can idolize and bond for two more Loveca!

After all that, I'm currently at 46,700+ and a little over 3000 rank again.

I hope that's more than enough to stay within 4000 with an hour and 19 minutes left.

GoXDS

Oh snap, clutch regular student pulls lol. Got a couple of ones I didn't have that I can idolize and bond for two more Loveca!

After all that, I'm currently at 46,700+ and a little over 3000 rank again.

I hope that's more than enough to stay within 4000 with two hours and 19 minutes left.

fixed. last hour's increase was a crazy 780. estimating final cutoff to be ~47000
1 more song with time left and 1 Love Gem should guarantee you the spot. gotta watch the last 2 hours to make sure if that extra Love Gem is necessary

JNA

Banned
fixed. last hour's increase was a crazy 780. estimating final cutoff to be ~47000
1 more song with time left and 1 Love Gem should guarantee you the spot. gotta watch the last 2 hours to make sure if that extra Love Gem is necessary

There was an hour increase? 0_0

It says on the notice in-game is 3:00 AM ET. Where is the change to another hour?

Articalys

There was an hour increase? 0_0

It says on the notice in-game is 3:00 AM ET. Where is the change to another hour?
Even when they convert from UTC to global times on the in-game notices, they were too lazy to adjust for Daylight Savings time in various countries. (That's what the "these times do not take summertime into account" means.)

Which is why I'm glad they use UTC as their "main" time in all the notices, since it stays constant no matter where you are or what time of the year it is.

Though I'm still bitter it's the cause of why I missed the Umi birthday login bonus, since that was the second day after I started playing and I still didn't know daily checks were UTC-based, so even though I had logged in two consecutive days in my time zone, the times had been on opposite sides of March 15 in UTC...

JNA

Banned
JESUS! Is any lead safe!?

I get back on and see that I'm already at 3925 rank compared to the 3000 something before. Got back on and changed that obviously but holy crap...the final hour makes people go crazy doesn't it? 0_0

chrono01

I get back on and see that I'm already at 3925 rank compared to the 3000 something before. Got back on and changed that obviously but holy crap...the final hour makes people go crazy doesn't it? 0_0
The power of Maki-chan.

The Church of Maki-chan is strong my friend.

JNA

Banned
The power of Maki-chan.

The Church of Maki-chan is strong my friend.

No kidding lol. How popular is she in fan polls if they had one? I assume Nico is #1 but Maki has to be top 3 with the reaction I'm seeing here in the leaderboards no? 0_0

Well 19 minutes left and I'm at 49K. That SHOULD be enough...right? I mean, no way I can go down 800 rank or so in that much time right?....RIGHT!?

chrono01

No kidding lol. How popular is she in fan polls if they had one? I assume Nico is #1 but Maki has to be top 3 with the reaction I'm seeing here in the leaderboards no? 0_0

Well 19 minutes left and I'm at 49K. That SHOULD be enough...right? I mean, no way I can go down 800 rank or so in that much time right?....RIGHT!?
I'm not sure on the popularity rankings, but 49k should be good.

I hope so.

I'll be at 50k personally. >_<

Edit: 50,450, final score. I hope that's enough. I started the event with 87 Loveca, I'm now sitting at 81, not counting the ones I'll get for idolizing the second Maki SR [if I can manage to get her] and the Normal, so it's not too bad.

Top Bottom