• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Jintor

5rH3chS.gif

my heart

Articalys

μ’s
Otonokizaka Nonette
Livestar!
Little Diamond
Otonokizaka Idol Club

All names were suggested by the fans and then Dengeki G's Magazine chose these for the final voting.
I'm going to pretend you have a Love Live encyclopedia on your desk next to you, based on how quickly you were able to respond to the question. I wonder what other kinds of info is in there?

Hachitora

μ’s
Otonokizaka Nonette
Livestar!
Little Diamond
Otonokizaka Idol Club

All names were suggested by the fans and then Dengeki G's Magazine chose these for the final voting.
Otonokizaka Idol Club is the most boring name to choose. Glad they didn't go with that.

Top of page pic time. Now I'll cater to CoinArt :p

fek

I'm going to pretend you have a Love Live encyclopedia on your desk next to you, based on how quickly you were able to respond to the question. I wonder what other kinds of info is in there?
It's a book called History of LoveLive and has all articles published in the Dengeki G's Magazine from the announcement of the project up to the first season of the anime
I've posted their first introduction article before (link) and have been meaning to post more stuff just not sure exactly what

Articalys

It's a book called History of LoveLive and has all articles published in the Dengeki G's Magazine from the announcement of the project up to the first season of the anime
I've posted their first introduction article before (link) and have been meaning to post more stuff just not sure exactly what
Oh wow, this is actually a real thing? I was just kidding around since you'd seemed to find the info super fast; didn't think something actually existed that was almost the exact same as what I described.

And damn, you weren't kidding, those initial characterizations are super cringeworthy. The anime was a godsend for all of them. That's also why I'm not terribly interested in any detailed characterization for any of the Sunshine girls until (and if) they get a definite story of their own.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So let's come up with some suggestions of our own.

I'm going to propose 'The UrauraUchis'.

or [post=153899165]Flippin' Kola Grand Prix[/post]

PK Gaming

It blows my mind how much the characters have changed. Then again... it started out as the ultimate user-participation project right? I wonder how the fans have influenced the characters?

I wish I could understand Japanese, i'd kill to know what it's in that book.

Himemiya

Mari (Aina Suzuki) and Hanamaru (Kanako Takatsuki)!
Ruby (Ai Furihata) too, I guess.

And here's the (maybe?) colour-coded seiyuu, most are new to anime, if that's what Sunshine is gonna be:
IiCCGHo.jpg

Anju Inami, Rikako Aida, Nanaka Suwa
Arisa Komiya, Shuka Saito, Aika Kobayashi
Kanako Takatsuki, Aina Suzuki, Ai Furihata

Names to faces:
lqYb5pN.png

From left: Ruby, Diamond, Hanamaru, Riko, Chika, Kanan, You, Mari, and Yoshiko
Ruby Kurosawa (Ai Furihita), Daiya/Daimond Kurosawa (Arisa Komiya), Hanamaru Kunikida (Kanako Takatsuki), Riko Sakurauchi (Rikako Aida), Chika Takami (Anju Inami), Kanan Matsuura (Nanaka Suwa), You Watanabe (Shuka Saito), Mari Ohara (Aina Suzuki), Yoshiko Tsushima (Aika Kobayashi).

fek

It blows my mind how much the characters have changed. Then again... it started out as the ultimate user-participation project right? I wonder how the fans have influenced the characters?

I wish I could understand Japanese, i'd kill to know what it's in that book.
Yeah, it's the ultimate user-participation project, they never gave a direct choice on the girls personalities but fans probably influenced in other ways. I'll post more of the book later

And here's the (maybe?) colour-coded seiyuu, most are new to anime, if that's what Sunshine is gonna be:
They look like real idols. Looking forward for the photobooks and calendars but more importantly let's see if they are actually as charismatic as the LL cast

CoinArt

They look like real idols. Looking forward for the photobooks and calendars but more importantly let's see if they are actually as charismatic as the LL cast

I'm hoping for 1:1 equivalencies between old and new school idols. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Articalys

I honestly don't think an anime is in the cards for Sunshine for at least the next couple years, if ever. Of course, things have changed a lot since the slower rollout of the original Love Live -- Sunshine has the benefit of a massively popular franchise to start from, after all -- and I have no idea what Dengeki/Lantis/Sunrise's long-term plans are for handling both μ’s and Sunshine after the movie.

Of course, like most non-Japanese fans I really only have exposure to the anime and beyond for how LL progressed; everything else about how it built itself and developed is in fek's big book of knowledge that none of the rest of us will ever have access to.

Himemiya

Idols are supposed to inspire others though!
Of course, like most non-Japanese fans I really only have exposure to the anime and beyond for how LL progressed; everything else about how it built itself and developed is in fek's big book of knowledge that none of the rest of us will ever have access to.
There was publicity stuff like with Kaiji S2 that probably brought some attention to LL outside of Japan, but I'd especially like to think the animated song PVs since 2010 did it, there's been like 6 and they're interesting at least. I've seen pre-anime stuff translated floating around other corners of the Internet but would not mind fek translating some more!

Also Anju Inami voices the black Tokyo 7th sister.

CoinArt

Again I fall prey to the siren song of the third years.
A bit disappointing for a 11 draw + support, but I can't stay mad at Nico.

It's even more disappointing because I already have the 11-draw Nico in EN.

Articalys

For the sake of my time, it's easier to do the 4x version, but for the sake of exp and leveling fodder, it's better to play it normally. Decisions...

PK Gaming

The Anime should end with μ’s killing these wannabes in some stealth operation.

It would be pretty awesome if their anime took place after the events of Love Live!. Basically, all of the idols that came after μ would be held up to their standard, and part of the dilemma with the new group would be stepping out of μ's shadow and finding their own niche (lol)

TWkxvxd.png

On the other hand, it could also be interesting if μ were their rivals. We'd getting the perspective of their opponents instead (ala Saki) and how ridiculously powerful μ is from the outside.

Articalys

Again, I hesitate to discuss much on the "story" elements of Sunshine such as they are since, well, the project is just beginning, any possible anime is ages away, and even the setting has barely been established so far, but I'd rather that μ’s remain largely a non-factor, mostly as just an outside existence that the Sunshine girls are fans of, or something like that. Kind of like how at first I'd wanted the 765 girls to cameo somehow in the Idolmaster Cinderella Girls anime but now I'm fine with them just appearing on posters in the background and stuff.
Always 4x. Only way to keep your sanity in check.
But... all that exp...
Plus, I actually like Kodoku no Heaven, both as a song and the note chart.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can μ's be considered powerful when their impact to the rest of the world is winning Love Live and then disbanding?

Or is there a future storyline where the government threatens criminals with having to listen to Nico sing to encourage people to stay out of prison?

fek

Because I have nothing better to do, I counted how many Normals I skipped on max leveling in JP. I still need to do sixty-two.

Max level all your new normies when starting out. And 9 million players in JP now too. Cool.
I'm in the same situation, are you going to max bond them again?

Was too busy to remember to post this yesterday but here's a site with scans of the other Sunshine characters and such.
They do look better wearing socks

PK Gaming

Again, I hesitate to discuss much on the "story" elements of Sunshine such as they are since, well, the project is just beginning, any possible anime is ages away, and even the setting has barely been established so far, but I'd rather that μ’s remain largely a non-factor, mostly as just an outside existence that the Sunshine girls are fans of, or something like that. Kind of like how at first I'd wanted the 765 girls to cameo somehow in the Idolmaster Cinderella Girls anime but now I'm fine with them just appearing on posters in the background and stuff.

Yeah, it's way too soon to expect an anime and such, but there's no harm in talking about hypothetical scenarios, right? Going back into what I said earlier, making μ's a major factor in the sunshine universe is definitely a bad idea, but on the other hand... making them into a non-factor seems like the wrong way of going about it too. Put simply, μ's is huge, and sunshine will inevitably compared to them. ,I think it would be a very disingenuous if the anime pretended they didn't exist. On the other hand, there's a way of using them without overshadowing the original cast. It'll definitely be tricky, regardless of what they do.

Can μ's be considered powerful when their impact to the rest of the world is winning Love Live and then disbanding?

Yes, absolutely. You're actually off base, since they haven't disbanded yet (and there's still the movie to consider.) but that aside...You're definitely downplaying the effect of winning the Love Live! (which basically catapulted A-RISE's career when they won). Considering how popular and successful μ's was in-universe, I could definitely see μ's being dominant even several years down the line. In the realm of school idols, they're pretty much legends.

CoinArt

Or is there a future storyline where the government threatens criminals with having to listen to Nico sing to encourage people to stay out of prison?

Nico is very powerful.

Articalys

Yeah, it's way too soon to expect an anime and such, but there's no harm in talking about hypothetical scenarios, right? Going back into what I said earlier, making μ's a major factor in the sunshine universe is definitely a bad idea, but on the other hand... making them into a non-factor seems like the wrong way of going about it too. Put simply, μ's is huge, and sunshine will inevitably compared to them. ,I think it would be a very disingenuous if the anime pretended they didn't exist. On the other hand, there's a way of using them without overshadowing the original cast. It'll definitely be tricky, regardless of what they do.

Yes, absolutely. You're actually off base, since they haven't disbanded yet (and there's still the movie to consider.) but that aside...You're definitely downplaying the effect of winning the Love Live! (which basically catapulted A-RISE's career when they won). Considering how popular and successful μ's was in-universe, I could definitely see μ's being dominant even several years down the line. In the realm of school idols, they're pretty much legends.
I think part of the issue there is that the anime focused more on the personal stories of the girls (which was fine) at the expense of somewhat trivializing the whole BEST IDOLS IN THE NATION aspect of what it meant to actually win LL at the end. Nothing really seemed different for them after they won, to the point of jumping right from their performance at the end of one episode to an after-the-fact victory reveal in the next (granted, there was only one episode left, and I doubt any of the viewers thought they wouldn't win, but still). Maybe the movie will help add context to that.

Reknoc

Hopefully the sunshine group are the best this time, instead of robbing the best idols of their win purely on the basis of being the main characters.

Articalys

So there's regional qualifiers going on for the first Japan-wide SIF tournament, or something.

http://lovelive.bushimo.jp/festival/1094/

And, well, this is what you get when a bunch of people show up in one place to play the game together:

https://twitter.com/lovelive_SIF/status/593223696917004289
edit: ah, just saw on the second tab of the tournament page, there's all the rules. The song for the tournament is Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki, and they provide the device, headphones, and built-in team for everyone to use, naturally, to keep it fair:

m0t0k1

https://twitter.com/lovelive_SIF/status/593223696917004289

edit: ah, just saw on the second tab of the tournament page, there's all the rules. The song for the tournament is Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki, and they provide the device, headphones, and team for everyone to use, naturally, to keep it fair:

Guess they are all "Heart Recovery" cards? Or else it wouldn't be fair to get score boosts or perfect makers. Did they all buy the cards themself i wonder :p There is no way i will get those pre defined cards.

Articalys

Guess they are all "Heart Recovery" cards? Or else it wouldn't be fair to get score boosts or perfect makers. Did they all buy the cards themself i wonder :p There is no way i will get those pre defined cards.
Checking the wiki, they're actually split evenly between three each for score, timing, and health skills. I guess adding a little random variance like that is the only way to prevent perfect players from tying every time with full perfect combos. And seeing as it's Bushiroad themselves running this thing, I'm sure they just set up dummy accounts on the iPods being used that had the competition team enabled.

m0t0k1

Checking the wiki, they're actually split evenly between three each for score, timing, and health skills. I guess adding a little random variance like that is the only way to prevent perfect players from tying every time with full perfect combos. And seeing as it's Bushiroad themselves running this thing, I'm sure they just set up dummy accounts on the iPods being used that had the competition team enabled.

Well hope its going to work then. Because its usually like a 36 or 38% chance of a skill popping off right? Maybe people can win by a Full Combo but had more luck with score skills seems a bit unfair. But even the idea of having a sif contest is pretty cool. If i was better at the game i would have joined in.

Articalys

The official Love Live! Sunshine!! project sites are now up and running:

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/sp_sunshine.html
The main site, with character comments (and confirmation that it's not Daiya or Diamond, but Dia for the one girl's name).
Also, the balance this time is four 2nd years, three 1st years, and only two 3rd years.

http://gs.dengeki.com/sunshine_tohyo/
Central site for all the fan-voting stuff, which leads to:

http://sunshine.dengeki.com/vote/h04n3b0ma7dv/
Direct link to the group name submission form.
In order, the three fields are your group name submission, a username for your submission (optional), and whether or not you'd be okay with them publishing your username alongside your submission. The button on the right is the "OK" button. You'll get a confirmation screen, so double-check it and press the same button again to send it in or click the other button to change your mind. Oh, and don't send in more than one or they'll disqualify you completely.

Voting will go until 5:00pm JST on May 11, and the July issue of Dengeki G's Magazine (out on May 30) will announce the finalists.

Top Bottom