• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

And for someone like me, who's still doing exponentially more normal recruiting than honor recruiting, a pink envelope showing up for those is a stroke of luck.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Very true. If I'm being honest, most of them are pretty generic even after long exposure. The strength of the series is how the characters bounce off each other rather than how unique they are. So if Sunshine manages to reproduce that, it'll be fun.
Yeah, it's more about the chemistry more than anything else. But doing the all girl moe comedy thing isn't really that hard, so they have that going for them at least.

And for someone like me, who's still doing exponentially more normal recruiting than honor recruiting, a pink envelope showing up for those is a stroke of luck.
At some point, you begin to dread seeing Rares because then you have to think about whether or not you want to save them to level up a skill or just feed them away.

I don't think I have anyone above skill level 5 because it would take 16 rares to level it up.

Articalys

At some point, you begin to dread seeing Rares because then you have to think about whether or not you want to save them to level up a skill or just feed them away.

I don't think I have anyone above skill level 5 because it would take 16 rares to level it up.
Once you have enough SRs to fill a team, though, you can't use ordinary Rs to level their skill, right? Since SRs have unique skill names and you need the names to match to level up.

PK Gaming

1MbcRhY.jpg

Source

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Once you have enough SRs to fill a team, though, you can't use ordinary Rs to level their skill, right? Since SRs have unique skill names and you need the names to match to level up.
I found the promo SR/URs to have R skills.
Yeah, only the promo cards have R skills. I just keep the Rs around because I want to collect them - even though I could theoretically just view them in the catalog. But I think some people here have no problem feeding level 60 Rs to new SRs/URs that they get. They don't really need them anymore, so that makes sense.

Articalys

You know, I really don't mind them dropping "-san"s and "-chan"s in the story text, but having Rin use "Hanayo" instead of "Kayochin" annoys me. I mean, they go ahead and leave Nozomi's "Elicchi" as is...

edit: of course, the next story I read after posting this (9-4) uses just "Eli", and also has a blatant name mixup three lines in...
How damn hard is it for them to proofread these things?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To this day I still haven't read any of the story segments except the event ones - and that was when I thought they would disappear forever.

GoXDS

to do a 10+1 pull or not...I'm getting spoiled by URs. I already have Hanayo and Kotori UR and have Smile and Pure. my mind's thinkng I'd almost certain to get the Kotori UR even though I'd much prefer a Cool Eli/Umi/Maki x_x there's UR Eli in June but that's a month away and is Perfect maker again (both of my URs are perfect makers). and I really want the new R ASAP...

to do a 10+1 pull or not...I'm getting spoiled by URs. I already have Hanayo and Kotori UR and have Smile and Pure. my mind's thinkng I'd almost certain to get the Kotori UR even though I'd much prefer a Cool Eli/Umi/Maki x_x there's UR Eli in June but that's a month away and is Perfect maker again (both of my URs are perfect makers). and I really want the new R ASAP...

UvU

GoXDS

qq. only 1 SR and 0 new R that I don't already have idolized
new SR is also Cool. I don't have any Cool cards to feed with, just like 100 Smile and 50 Pure T_T

Articalys

Man, I'm really starting to get a problem worrying over wasted LP with this game. At least it doesn't matter as much during the off-event period.

chrono01

Man, I'm really starting to get a problem worrying over wasted LP with this game. At least it doesn't matter as much during the off-event period.
I don't even play when here's not an event going on, outside of logging in for my bonus and completing the new songs/story segments. It's not as though I need to Rank Up further [since I can easily sleep 10+ hours after spending my LP and not worry about wasting any since I have 107LP].

It gives me a little break in-between events, which is nice, especially considering I play other mobile games such as this one [Treasure Cruise, Record Keeper, etc.].

Oh, does anyone else keep one of every card they obtain? I'm collecting all of the Normal, as well as a single copy of all of the "extra" cards, such as the teachers. It does make my inventory slightly full, though. I'm sitting at 141/150 currently. >_<

GoXDS

Oh, does anyone else keep one of every card they obtain? I'm collecting all of the Normal, as well as a single copy of all of the "extra" cards, such as the teachers. It does make my inventory slightly full, though. I'm sitting at 141/150 currently. >_<

Psh, I only have 108 slots and I've gathered 155 Club members. so I have no where near enough room. if we include Idolized and non-Idolized, that's ~100 more cards

how do you only have 141 if you're keeping everything?

chrono01

Psh, I only have 108 slots and I've gathered 155 Club members. so I have no where near enough room. if we include Idolized and non-Idolized, that's ~100 more cards

how do you only have 141 if you're keeping everything?
I'm not sure, maybe you have more SR/UR than me?

I have the full set of previous "Rare" cards [none of the new ones], and the last couple of Normal I still have to pull for [not counting the event ones, which I have]. I really should get on that, I'm sitting on a large amount of FP.

Articalys

I don't even play when here's not an event going on, outside of logging in for my bonus and completing the new songs/story segments. It's not as though I need to Rank Up further [since I can easily sleep 10+ hours after spending my LP and not worry about wasting any since I have 107LP].

It gives me a little break in-between events, which is nice, especially considering I play other mobile games such as this one [Treasure Cruise, Record Keeper, etc.].
Well, I'm still months away from having enough max LP to last through a full night's sleep and don't really play any other mobage. I'm also a big rhythm game fan so I do enjoy playing the songs even if it only makes minimal "progress" in the game, if only to try to full perfect combo them.
For &#956;'s members, sure, but Normals are fair game for leveling others once they hit max level/bond.

GoXDS

I got to 130, so I have more Friend slots now. if anyone needs to fill up their space as well/replace inactives, send me an invite ^^ ID: 115789044

Articalys

I got to 130, so I have more Friend slots now. if anyone needs to fill up their space as well/replace inactives, send me an invite ^^ ID: 115789044
You know what's really dumb? From the front page Friends menu, you can order by rank but not level, but on the Friend selection menu for songs, you can order by level but not rank. Whose brilliant idea was that?

GoXDS

You know what's really dumb? From the front page Friends menu, you can order by rank but not level, but on the Friend selection menu for songs, you can order by level but not rank. Whose brilliant idea was that?

XD I didn't realize. at the very least, the only thing that matters in the song selection if the character rarity and not the lvl

tried accepting request but it says your list is full? o_o

Yaari

Ugh. Very tempted to roll for Kotori but I think I'll regret it if it doesn't pay off, as I still don't get vouchers for it. Then again, if I don't do it now, it only gets harder to get her at all. :(

Articalys

I got the same Smile Nico R card as a normal drop from two consecutive songs.
And I already have her idolized and max level anyway.

How does that even happen

Articalys

Upcoming event makes this thread ALIIIIIIIIIIVE

My Smile team is still the only one without an SR and thanks to the insane event scheduling I won't get a guaranteed one until the end of the month, so I'm debating trying my luck for the 11-scout before the ENG score event starts.

Marche90

My Smile team is the worst of the three, so if the reward for this event is a Smile SR I'm happy.

Himemiya and PK, sent a friend request to You two.

What mechanic causes pink envelopes to change into URs while opening?

And statistically speaking, something like that is possible, but to have it be recorded has a much lower chance of happening.

Articalys

What mechanic causes pink envelopes to change into URs while opening?
Probably just a subset of the normal UR probability that's coded as "make it appear like an R envelope at first, but reveal it as a UR when its turn comes up". Just like how normal envelopes can turn into Rs during normal scouting; if the distribution is 95% N and 5% R, the "appearance" distribution might be something like 95% N, 4.9% R, 0.1% R-that-looks-like-N-at-first. I assume there's a subclass of those "disguised" envelopes for every potential change (N->R, R->SR, R->UR, SR->UR).

Top Bottom