• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

I do wonder how many of the finalists are going to be water-themed names, considering one of the main points of the new setting is the seaside town.

Hachitora

Urg, I have all versions of the event song FCd and S-ranked except for random EX... that thing is crazy. Kept getting affected by the "1 good" syndrome too
ironic considering Mewtwo was released for Smash 4 today =P
Oh, didn't notice :p I've had Mewtwo since last week cuz of the Club Nintendo thing
Top of page event girl
b0d95df987e59feb64f88f992711d238.image.319x500.jpg

PK Gaming

^

Woah

I do wonder how many of the finalists are going to be water-themed names, considering one of the main points of the new setting is the seaside town.

I'm fond of Neptune myself. It's a simple-yet-memorable name, it's water themed, and it ties in nicely with μ's.

chrono01

to be fair, most of us agreed it's a nice song. still..that's a TON of tokens needed. 100 Hard songs means...166 EX Songs T_T
Oh, it's not so much the song [I enjoy it too] just the monotony of it all, haha.

At least you got some nice XP out of it!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know why I did this.

h8betZbl.png

Burned 1500 tokens in the last few hours without 4x.
Holy wow. I couldn't do it, and I'm doubling up because the US and TW version is the same event.

Speaking of, the JP event ends and I'm glad that disaster is over. I hope turning off Gamecenter solves the problem, because I lost 300 LP over the event - which is more annoying because I lost the chance to drop rare cards. The only thing I got this time was the purple alpaca. :/

GoXDS

the S Rank Clears are just pure torture if there's nothing to mix it up, yeah x_x
I'd be playing Random EX if it wasn't too difficult, like last Token event. but alas, note density's just much higher this time around making that not too feasible

firehawk12

Subete no aware
the S Rank Clears are just pure torture if there's nothing to mix it up, yeah x_x
I'd be playing Random EX if it wasn't too difficult, like last Token event. but alas, note density's just much higher this time around making that not too feasible
This song was brutal for me. I couldn't S-combo it on my US version playthrough. For the random, I just got the S score clear for the FP and the free heart for finishing it and then just gave up.

Jintor

well it's been two months since last login so I guess I'm off the game bandwagon again

i just hate time mechanics and you can't play this game with sweaty fingers (i swear to god I have acid sweat), so

Articalys

Reposting since it got stuck at the bottom of the last page:

------------------------------------------------------

The official Love Live! Sunshine!! project sites are now up and running:

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/sp_sunshine.html
The main site, with character comments. Probably more stuff to be added as the project goes forward.

http://gs.dengeki.com/sunshine_tohyo/
Central site for all the fan-voting stuff, which leads to:

http://sunshine.dengeki.com/vote/h04n3b0ma7dv/
Direct link to the group name submission form.
In order, the three fields are your group name submission, a username for your submission (optional), and whether or not you'd be okay with them publishing your username alongside your submission. The button on the right is the "OK" button. You'll get a confirmation screen, so double-check it and press the same button again to send it in or click the other button to change your mind. Oh, and don't send in more than one or they'll disqualify you completely.

Voting will go until 5:00pm JST on May 11, and the July issue of Dengeki G's Magazine (out on May 30) will announce the finalists.

Crescent-

Urg, I have all versions of the event song FCd and S-ranked except for random EX... that thing is crazy. Kept getting affected by the "1 good" syndrome too

Happened to me as well though for me it's actually the hard difficulty. For some reason I can't FC it even though I managed to FC both EX versions. The lower speed/approach rate makes me confused which notes to press first sometimes (especially at a certain part at the end).

Well at least it's 1k FP that I'm missing out on and I have enough FP stock anyways.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Only one submission? But I had a dream where all my submissions were so good they were the only ones short listed for the popularity poll.

Time to reset my router a lot.

Guess that also means we can't vote with the nickname 'LoveLiveGAF'.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seeing something like that poking their head round the corner would probably give me a heart attack.

Marche90

Wow, I'm so pissed. I ended up in rank 4100, missing the second SR card by a stupidly small amount. Did 5 despair draws and only got R's, too

I hate this game

m0t0k1

Wow, I'm so pissed. I ended up in rank 4100, missing the second SR card by a stupidly small amount. Did 5 despair draws and only got R's, too

I hate this game

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope
507599hjvn.png

I feel you bro

Yaari

I didn't get Hanayo but it doesn't really bother me. I'm running out of space for cards, and she's just not someone to get excited about.

The new card on EN is the best card in the entire game when idolized (Bird on a Bird), but I don't think I'm going to get 2 copies of her with 170 gems, obviously. And I don't want to waste my stones and not get any vouchers in return when I've been saving up for such a long time. Pity :(.

Kitoro

Finally decided to peek into this thread and see what this game is all about. I'm already in deep with Brave Frontier, Record Keeper, Terra Battle, and Chain Chronicle, but how is this game as a F2P and as a rhythm game.

Is it the kind of game that is hard to get into and catch up with this late into its life cycle?

If not, does the game feature cloud saving, and do I want to reroll for specific units? Thanks!!!

Jintor

it doesn't feature cloud saving

it features fuck you saving

where you delete the thing or change your phone or some shit and then get embroiled in a two month long dispute with support about how many details you need to retrieve your account instead of a fucking PASSWORD RECOVERY option like EVERY OTHER SERVICE SINCE 2005

Kitoro

Thank you for the quick reply. Definitely going to spare myself the trouble, unless the game is just too good to miss out on, but I'm assuming there will be a sequel or spinoff eventually that will have more modern account conventions.

fek

Well, recent update in JP version let's you link your account with a google account. For now on EN you can save a transfer code and use that.
And I wouldn't reroll for this game, unless you really want an UR of a specific girl

Finally decided to peek into this thread and see what this game is all about. I'm already in deep with Brave Frontier, Record Keeper, Terra Battle, and Chain Chronicle, but how is this game as a F2P and as a rhythm game.

Is it the kind of game that is hard to get into and catch up with this late into its life cycle?

If not, does the game feature cloud saving, and do I want to reroll for specific units? Thanks!!!

Rerolling is actually pretty time consuming with the way they give out the "starters" loveca. You don't need it though, while rarer units are better (more score/easier difficulty) they aren't really needed to get the highest ranking on the songs. With just collecting the SR's (4* units in other mobile games) that you get from events you'll be able to S rank everything.

This is also a pretty good time to start, everyone is getting a free UR in the near future.

The gacha in this game is more about getting the cards/idols that you like instead of getting the "strongest" cards.

Good luck!

Articalys

ANN translated the character introductions for Sunshine, and comparing them to the initial μ’s introductions, you can tell Dengeki learned a lot on how to present new characters since then. The full introductions would be a wall of text -- well, worse than I put together here, at least -- so I'll just distill it down to some highlights. You can read the full quotes at the first link above.
  • 2nd year Chika Takami, protagonist and leader. Family runs an inn by the seashore. Has two older sisters. Idolizes μ's, seems to share Honoka's energy and believes in her words. "μ's taught me that if you don't give up, your dreams will come true."
  • 2nd year Riko Sakurauchi, transfer student from Akihabara. Not an outdoors person. Plain and quiet girl, sees herself as ordinary. "If could get just a little stronger to to help everyone who is relying on me, even just a little bit, that'd be okay for me."
  • 3rd year Kanan Matsuura, Chika's childhood friend. Helps run her family's diving shop. Loves the scenery in Uchiura. "I think Chika's up to something weird again lately [...] For now, I just feel like I should be helping my cute childhood friend's plan."
  • 2nd year Dia Kurosawa. Student council president. Family is well-known locally. Very prideful. Becomes an idol after losing some kind of contest with Chika. "More than just participating, I will accept nothing less than total victory."
  • 1st year You Watanabe. Skilled high diver. Wants to be a ferry captain like her father. Has a very captain-like attitude. "You Watanabe is embarking towards Love Live! Set sail!! Salute!!!"
  • 2nd year Yoshiko Tsushima. Suffers from bad luck, has light chuunibyou traits. Insists on being called "Johanne". "I feel the anger of god as a sinful fallen angel because I'm far too cute. Well? Why don't you join me and fall from heaven too?"
  • 1st year Hanamaru Kunikida. Good at singing, loves reading. Friends with Ruby. Family takes care of a local shrine. "I never thought I'd be a school idol [...] I think this is what they call destiny, and I'll do my best!
  • 3rd year Mari Ohara. Half-French, father manages a hotel chain in Italy. Making an exception and posting her whole quote here because nothing else will do it justice.
    Huh? Me? An idol? You mean those funny girls who wear uniforms with frills and dance like children!? Oh, excuse me, I didn't mean to demean them. They're very cute, Japanese idols. But, for me, I think it's hard. SO HARD. No, I don't feel it's for me. Ahahaha. My favorite music genre is industrial metal. So I'm sorry. If everyone's doing it, I'll support them from afar. Well then, it's time for my horseback riding lessons, so I have to get back home. Ciao~!
    Note: the "SO HARD" line was in English in her original quote.
  • 1st year Ruby Kurosawa. Dia's younger sister. Has a phobia of men, and has never talked to one besides her father. "I never thought I'd be an idol in all my life, but I won't let this chance slip past me [...] I'm going to close my eyes and do my best!'

1st year Ruby Kurosawa. Dia's younger sister. Has a phobia of men, and has never talked to one besides her father. "I'm really scared right now, but I love everyone. Everyone, please support me!'

Fortunately for her there are almost zero males in the Love Live! Universe :^)

specdot

Binetsu Kara Mystery is the new song after the update. This makes me happy since I slacked and didn't get the Hanayo card for this past event.

30036 Total Event Pts
Ctbln75l.png

and because the game thought I needed more pure cards. Spiritual.
cf4tMqrl.png

Time to move on to the Kancolle event.

Unironically, there is someone on my SIF friends list named "boatfucker"

JoeFu

Banned
Almost a year since motoki made the first thread. Hard to believe I've been almost playing the game for a year. Y'all are the best

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Almost a year since motoki made the first thread. Hard to believe I've been almost playing the game for a year. Y'all are the best
I can't believe the US version is wrapping around to the Japanese events that I played when I first found out about the game. It's been a fun time.

CoinArt

ANN translated the character introductions for Sunshine, and comparing them to the initial μ’s introductions, you can tell Dengeki learned a lot on how to present new characters since then. The full introductions would be a wall of text -- well, worse than I put together here, at least -- so I'll just distill it down to some highlights. You can read the full quotes at the first link above.

Girl with French father has Japanese family name. Chuunibyou girl. Androphobic girl. Slightly lewd senpai.

This is all very obviously designed by committee. Hopefully they gain more character as things progress.

Also, Daiya is a brand of vegan cheese and I will always think of it when I see Ms. Student Council President.

CoinArt

To be fair, Muse is pretty generic too at first blush.

Very true. If I'm being honest, most of them are pretty generic even after long exposure. The strength of the series is how the characters bounce off each other rather than how unique they are. So if Sunshine manages to reproduce that, it'll be fun.

Top Bottom